Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version (Sign-Ups Complete, Y

Post by Gryffindork »

vera wrote:This looks like a lot of fun! Is there any room left?
Oh no, your post only just showed up! :( I'm so sorry! The sign-ups are full now, but I could add you to a wait list in case anyone drops out? :)
Abby wrote:This looks awesome guys, glad someone made a TS3 one! I dont play TS3 anymore but i'll be watching for chapters! Good luck with it everyone!
Thanks, Abby! :) And thank you for creating the TS4 version that inspired it - it'll be fun to watch these legacies unfold side by side.

Keep the suggestions coming, everyone! From a purely logistical perspective, I think the collaborative WordPress is going to work best. I know that at least 7/10 participants are WordPress bloggers, and with storage limits on our own blogs, posting individually would mean that some of us would have to create an entirely new blog for this purpose anyway. However you would obviously be free to post the chapters on your personal blog as well as on the collaborative one if you wanted!

I'm going to see what I can set up, and in the meantime, comment your WordPress username here so I can add you as a contributor!
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

That means I have to make one now...okay I guess, what's one more blog? Because I assume you can't post if you're not a member even on a community page.
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

My wordpress username is Bokavoy. Wow I bet no one would have guessed.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Haha :tongue: I sent you an invite - let me know if you get it!

And Ani-Mei yeah, it looks like you have to be a member. But I'm pretty sure you can make a WordPress account without adding a blog to it - for this, all you need is a username. :)
Image Image Image
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I accepted the invite, Gryffindork. Thanks! :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

No problem! Ani-Mei, you should have one now as well. :)

So far I've added:
Ani-Mei (savantestarr)
Bokavoy (Bokavoy)
DSLady (dsladyy)
Emily Whalers (whalerssims)
Gryffindork (gryffindork7)
Laserkatt (laserkatt)
somebodysangel (somebodysangel13)
ZaleISBI (Heather)

ZaleISBI, is your WordPress username actually just "Heather"? I'm afraid to send an invite and have it accepted by some random other Heather. :mrgreen:

And DSLady, I sent yours but it showed up as "dslady" all lowercase with no display picture... so I pulled it in case it was somehow going to the wrong user. I can try sending it via email address instead? :?

EDIT: Never mind, I added you both through your associated email addresses. ;)
Image Image Image
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version

Post by ZaleISBI »

Here's my two cents on everything!

Also, some stuff we should probably think about:
- Male or female founder? Doesn't matter to me!
- Who should make him/her? Maybe we all make a founder, and then vote?
- Overall theme and/or name theme? Each gen can have it's own theme?
- Heir polls: Y/N? Yes - open to the public.
- Start on the largest lot or is that gonna destroy people's computers? :lol: I've never tried...
- Should we put a time limit on each generation so that this doesn't take us ten years (like my own legacy is probably going to)? Maybe... don't want anyone to get all stressed or left out because of it though... maybe a time limit, but the group can decide to extend if someone submits a soulful plea?
- EDIT: Family name? That could be important too - Tricky. SO IMPORTANT and so tricky... let's vote on that too... we can have "last name submissions" then vote?

And I think it should be a community blog - and I was invited, so I see that it already is! YAY!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Awesome, thanks Heather!

I like the idea of everyone (or whoever wants to) submitting a founder candidate and then putting it to a vote. And it would make sense to do the same with the family name.

A few people have mentioned changing up the theme every generation - I'm all for this since it means we can each put our own spin on the story.

As long as everyone is considerate of the people still waiting for their turn (and I'm sure we all be) I don't think it should be a problem. The time limit would be more of a guideline than a strict "Time's up, you lose your turn!" cut-off. And if we all check in here fairly regularly, at least we'll know where everyone is at. :)
Image Image Image
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

will try later to get one.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Sure, that's fine. :)
Image Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I just accepted the collab blog invite - thanks Gryffindork! :) I might boot up my game tomorrow and try to come up with a founder of some sort. I really don't have a founder preference though.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I got it, but it's late and my internet likes to lag late at night. I'll accept it tomorrow.
Laserkatt

Post by Laserkatt »

I have no actual preferences on founder gender, name, stuff like that, but I do have a suggestion in case we can't decide on anything else.

We're gonna party like it's... 2006.

*record scratch*

In the good ole' days of The Sims 2, the boolprop forums had a joint 26 generation alphabet legacy where the people on the forums signed up and married their simselves into the legacy. The founder was randomized and his surname was Boolprop (probably... it was 10 years ago, I don't remember everything :shifty:). SimMe married the Gen G heir, and Gryffindork was my mother-in-law. Those were the days, hurrdurr. We could do something like that now as well. I suspect there are mostly ladies on the list, and gender preferences is a thing (tho I have none) but we can get around that somehow.

Either way, I'm happy with whatever we go for :) And maybe we should limit the amount of CC we upload to the exchange, as my game tends to go "you installed one new piece of CC without first uninstalling all core mods, clearing the cache twice and sacrificing your yet nonexistent first born to the EA gods? Yeah, not gonna load your game now, LAWL". Use as much CC as you like whilst playing, just make sure that there's none included when the lot is being passed on to the next person.
Also, yes to heir polls.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Darn I missed this! Can I be placed on the backup list on any generation? Either way looking forward to seeing this!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yes, I remember that. The Boolproppin Round Robin which will never be finished now. :cryingeyes: The last update was like 5-6 years ago... :sad: I don't use any CC aside from hair which is rare anyway everything else is in game content. I won't use any Dragon Valley stuff for my generation (when it comes) however.
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I agree that we should not upload the sims to the exchange with CC. I downloaded a sim once that had cc and it completely messed up my game and I had to reinstall.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I actually really dislike the Sims 3 exchange - it deleted a bunch of my stuff because I didn't have enough downloads. :indifferent: Would anyone be open to uploading to an external site, like box or Mediafire instead? I use Mediafire for my Sims stuff now, and so far I haven't had any complaints! I use some CC, mostly hair, but I'll upload Sims without CC just to make it easier for everyone to download and install properly.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Laserkatt wrote:In the good ole' days of The Sims 2, the boolprop forums had a joint 26 generation alphabet legacy where the people on the forums signed up and married their simselves into the legacy. [...] We could do something like that now as well.
*hops in*

I'm not a participant, but I like that idea. :)
Spoiler:
"Laserkatt" låter förresten som något på ärans och hjältarnas språk. :misspeak:
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I've tried some Media Fire stuff to no avail... And the Exchange can go ahead and delete what we upload, as long as the next person went and got it - it'll be different every time.

But I'm willing to be agreeable and try what ever is decided... I just might need a little hand holding when the time comes! <3

AND JULIA! So COOL to see you! *LEAPS INTO ARMS*

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”