What EPs to get?

Dorkstar

What EPs to get?

Post by Dorkstar »

Hey everyone, after many years of first having tried out TS3 and not really enjoying it (not liking the features and having a terrible computer played equally strong parts in that), I've decided to give it another go, however, I don't really have the kind of cash to buy the full game right now, and so I was left wondering, is there any EPs that are must-buy or any that are not worth the trouble? I would really appreciate the help.

Related: My best game experiences in TS2 were all EPs but specially Seasons and Nightlife.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: What EPs to get?

Post by Jesslb429 »

Looking at what you have here, I would probably suggest Seasons outright. While it doesn't add a new world, it does integrate a bunch of features that might make you feel at home. Seasons added aliens and weather, which are two biggies.
The logical parallel to Nightlife most would think to be Late Night and in some respects would be the right way to go. It has the celebrity system and adds vamps, but it is more adjacent than parallel. Late Night is like Apartment Life and Nightlife had a bratty kid. It's not awful, adding a bunch of features and Bridgeport, but it doesn't add the dating aspect that( if i remember correctly) came with Nightlife.
In my honest opinion, Generations was one of the best. It had a lot of new things, big and small plus added the dating aspect. While chemistry in TS3 is still kind of a crapshoot, I like the reputation system most of the time. Sometimes it can be finicky, but depends on your play-style. Also, some of the interaction with Generations were adorable.
I liked World Adventures and Island Paradise, but those are not for faint computers.
Ambitions had a lot of awesome stuff and the interactive careers are cool. Supernatural is fun too and Moonlight Falls is a really nice hood.
University can be fun, but can get a bit tedious if you are looking for casual play( plus the Llamas are creeps).
Pets is fun and horses are really neat, but it depends on your willingness to care for TS3 pets, which in my experience need a little more micromanaging than TS2 pets.
Showtime can be fun. The careers and genies are the best bits, the rest is a bit flat.

In conclusion, I'd probably recommend Seasons first and if you are looking for a second one maybe Generations. I can't guarantee that you are going to like them the way I do. You are a different person and it just may not click. If you want more research on each EP, Carl's Guide has a full rundown on each, including the one or two I probably missed. It's here.

I hope I was able to help and not confuse you :grin:
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”