Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Boarding Schools in Generations

Post by Thaitanic »

Does anyone know what they do/why there are different ones/what their eventual effects are? I just got Generations and I thought I'd ask. :upsidedown:
call me Thai!
they/them
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Boarding Schools in Generations

Post by ZaleISBI »

Hi! Here's what Carl has to say about it.

Smuggsworth Prep School $1600
Traits: Charismatic, Snob. Gained skill levels in Logic, and later Charisma, Painting, and Writing. Got better at Chess and Homework. This Sim would be great for Journalism, Business, Medicine, and anything that uses one of these skills.

Fort Starch Military School $800
My Sim gained the Neat and Ambitious traits from military boarding school. She gained skill in Logic, and in the Teen years, Athletic, Gardening, Martial Arts, and Handiness. Military school will teach your Sim to salute other Sims. This Sim would be great for the Military, Law Enforcement, and anything that can use these skills in some way.

LeFromage Art School $1200
A school for making musicians, stars, and artsy types. My Sim learned Piano, Painting, Charisma, Sculpting, and Photography. Traits earned were Virtuoso and Star Quality, although other traits like Dramatic may appear. The Sim also gained hidden skill in dancing and club dancing from Late Night.

School of Peace and Love $800
Sims that go to this school can do the peace sign to other Sims. My Sim gained the Artistic and Vegetarian traits here. Skill gains were as you'd expect from a green/hippie school: Gardening, Guitar, Nectar Making, Fishing, Cooking, and Inventing.

Dribbledine Sports Academy $1200
Sim learned Handiness, Martial Arts, Fishing, Cooking, and Athletic skills. The child became Athletic, and later gained the Loves the Outdoors trait. Great for Athletics but could also work well for the science career depending how consistent fishing and handiness are.

I love getting the kids out of the house sometimes, especially the "spares". And having the "salute" and "peace sign" are super fun, so I really like that. I also like the advancing of the hidden skill "club dancing".

Also, your Sim child can call home and say what a terrible time their having, and you can decide to either make them stay put, or bring them home.

Personally, I had a teenage Sim stuck "sneaking" everywhere all of the time no matter what, so I sent them off to boarding school, then had them come back home and they were all fixed! So that was nice too.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Boarding Schools in Generations

Post by Thaitanic »

Thank you so much! That's suuuper helpful :D
call me Thai!