13th Birthday Party... Immortal Teenager: New Challenge!

Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

13th Birthday Party... Immortal Teenager: New Challenge!

Post by Livvielove »

The Immortal Teenager

Written by Livvielove and itsjulie

To celebrate Boolprop's 13th Birthday, we have created a new challenge for you!!

... The Immortal Teenager ...

A challenge that can be completed with all versions of the Sims - 2, 3 and 4

and with every new challenge comes a shiny new medal, and this one is no different
You will receive this medal Image when you have successfully completed this challenge
You lucked out when it came to parents!
Since childhood, you have basically taken care of yourself, and it's only gotten worse since you've become a teenager!
Now you're stuck this way until you complete
all thirteen given tasks while keeping a roof over your head and food on the table.
Set up:
  • Turn Aging OFF in this file!
  • In CAS create a teenage sim and one Adult sim who is to be their chaperone/caretaker for game purposes.
  • The style, traits, and/or personality for the teenager are completely up to you!
  • The chaperone/caretaker should have (at least 3/5 for the Sims 3 or 2/3 for the Sims 4) of the following traits: (Sims 3/4) Couch Potato, Slob, Dislikes Children, Hot-Headed, Unflirty, Erratic, Insane, Mean, Mean-Spirited, Never Nude; (Sims 2) Sloppy, Grouchy, Lazy need to be favored.
  • Relationship between the chaperone/caretaker and your Immortal Teen should be set to "roommate."
  • Move your sims into the neighborhood and pick any lot of your choosing. Build them a small home with the remainders of their cash. The caretaker has put a roof over their heads, but not a good one.
  • Reduce their family fund to $0, as your caretaker has been frivilous.

The 13 Challenge Tasks for your Immortal Teenager:

1. Max a part time job, it's gritty but how else will bills be paid? Your caretaker sure isn't doing any work... You should have and maintain this job throughout the entire challenge, with exceptions of switching careers - sometimes things don't work out, right? (TS4: unless/until part time jobs and after school activities can be done together, you can pick one or the other).
2. Have a BFF to tell everything to, especially goal number 3...
3. Have at least 4 boyfriends/girlfriends - and you were pretty sure all of them were your true loves at one point before a week later you dropped them for your next true love. CANNOT be your BFF!
4. Be friends with 13 people at the same time, being popular is your dream after all!
5. Earn $13,000 to save for University, this must be consistently met and not dipped below, you need those funds for your future!
6. Collect 13 different rocks, gems, metals, or collectibles as your hobby. Every teen needs a hobby! These don't need to be cut, but you can. You can also display them if you like, or keep them to yourself. While they must be different from each other, they must be the same type of collectable - all metals, all bugs, all gems, etc. (TS2: Make 13 objects/toys/bouquets as your hobby!)
7. Catch 13 different fish to keep you company (they do not need to be alive all at the same time, but they should be kept in a glass bowl/tank and cared for). These 13 pet fish cannot be taken out of the bowl after they've been placed (unless it's to be moved to another bowl or disposed of when they've passed).
8. Write 13 books to practice for your University entry exams, those writing questions are always tricky! TS2 - read all the extra skills from the bookshelf (Parenting, Physiology, Fire Extinguishing, Counseling etc).
9. Paint 13 pictures to decorate the walls with to make your house feel more like home.
10. Cook 13 different recipes because you're tired of your Caretaker' quick meals.
11. Gain 13 skill points in any set of skills (or a mixture) to show you're well-rounded for those University Scholarships. This can be 5 in writing, 5 in painting, and 3 in cooking... or 4 in fishing, 6 in writing, and 2 in painting and 1 in cooking... or ANY combination of 13 you can make!
12. Grow and maintain 13 plants because your groceries are getting a bit too expensive with your Caretaker eating you out of house and home. Hopefully the more healthy food you stock, the farther away your Caretaker will be!
13. Throw 13 successful parties because despite it all, you still want to be a teenager. Parties can be any party type you want, but they cannot be a Date in TS4.

Rules
  • No cheats unless it's to fix a game glitch/broken game or for superficial stuff (such as moveobjects). Especially NO money cheats!
  • Mods - are not to be used to cheat or gain an unfair advantage. They are to be used only to fix glitches and bad game behaviour.
  • You CANNOT control the Caretaker. They are to be treated like an idiot in an ISBI challenge. They cannot have a job. They cannot participate to the household funds (unless they're taking money away), and they cannot leave the lot!
  • All money coming in must be earned ONLY by the teenager!
  • The teenage can only earn money from their part time job, painting, writing, selling fish, collectibles and grown goods. No other means of income is acceptable.
  • NO acquiring money through "cheaty" means, this includes but is not limited to: the lottery (TS3/TS4), potions - including flipping the alchemy store (TS3), selling the ITF/University Kit (TS3), selling the Humble computer (TS2), genie lamp wish for money (TS2/TS3), Inheritance LTR (TS3), Orb of Answers wish for money (TS3), and any other easy-money hack/skill.
  • Your teenager can not attend boarding school, they MUST attend their normal school.
  • The teenager is allowed 3 "sick" days to skip/call in sick to school. Use them wisely!
  • The teenager must attend school and aim for A grades, while juggling a part time job to bring an income into the house.
  • No pets allowed in this challenge other than your fish!
  • Part-Time jobs must be acquired and maintained throughout the entirety of the challenge, you can CHANGE careers, however.
  • Your immortal teenager cannot eat any food prepared by the Caretaker.
  • If the teenager dies or ages up to young adult during the challenge it is game over and challenge failed!

Extra Challenges
  • Teenage Risk: There's a little risk-taker in everyone. Play this challenge with aging on. Keep your teen a teenager for the entire challenge, using any life extenders available to you in your game, or complete it before they age up! Aging up prior to completing everything equals failing, and should you ever turn aging off these points aren't valid (+25 points).
  • School Nerd: You'll show all those bullies at school that knowledge is power! Have maxed 5 skills (+50 points).
  • Prestigious Callings: You want to go to a fancier, more expensive college. Collect $31,000 (+15 points).
  • Perfectionist Streak: You've got an eye for only the highest quality in your life. Only keep/display "masterpiece" and "brilliant" quality paintings for your 13 paintings requirement (thus bringing up the bills). (+25 points)
  • Hostile Home: You can't take them anymore - they're never there for you anyways! Become enemies with your caregiver (+10 points).
  • Jack of All Trades: You want to dip your toes into EVERYTHING, so you shall. Attend at least one shift for every base-game part-time job available (+20 points).
  • [TS2 Only] Private-Eyes: Your caregiver/parent may not care about your schooling, but YOU do. Get into the private school with no help from your caregiver (+15 points).
  • [TS3 Only] After School Actualities: You know the best way to appeal to universities is through recommendations and a solid academic resume. Join at least one after school club and attend at least two meetings for it (+15 points).
  • [TS4 Only] Well Rounded: You know better than to learn from your caregiver/parent, so you've started teaching yourself the rules to life. By the end of the challenge qualify for at least 3 of the 5 positive parenthood traits (+15 points).

Scoring
  • +10 points for each of the thirteen challenges you complete (+130 total).
  • +10 points for each "sick" day your teen does NOT use.
  • +50 points if you complete the challenge in 7 sim days or less; +25 points if you complete the challenge in 8-14 days; +15 points if you complete the challenge in 15-21 sim days; +10 points for 22+ sim day completion.
  • +10 points for every $1,000 in net worth. How this is calculated: Count up the amount of all the paintings are worth after you've completed the challenge, the amount the house is worth, and the amount in the household funds (minus any funds earned by anyone other than your teenager), divide it by 1,000, then multiply that number by 10 for your total points. Essentially: [(Total of your 13 Paintings Worth + amount the house costs + household funds - any funds gained through any means other than your teenager)/1000] x 10 = Your Points Earned.
  • +10 points for every 1,000 points in LTHP your teenager has built up.
    >>>>>For the Sims 4, calculate your +10 for every 1,000, then multiply that final number by 10.
Participating in at least 5 events will earn you the 13th Birthday medal Image
PM a Moderator or Global Moderator with links to your five posts to claim it!
Also, please post in this thread when you start/update your challenge so we can all support each other!
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 13th Birthday Party... Immortal Teenager: New Challenge!

Post by Seera »

For Sims 2, Teenage Risk, can they be turned into vampires? Vampires do not age in Sims 2 and they can be turned as a teenager. Would that violate violate the spirit of the mini-challenge and therefore not be allowed?

I also assume that in Sims 2 the caretaker can be set as parent as you can't get out of CAS with a teen who has no parent?
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Seera - as the other games don't have that advantage of no aging, I'm going to have to say no. However, if there's not many other ways in TS2 to lengthen life I'll be willing to consider it. :)
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Livvielove wrote:Seera - as the other games don't have that advantage of no aging, I'm going to have to say no. However, if there's not many other ways in TS2 to lengthen life I'll be willing to consider it. :)
There is the elixir of life. As long as they can earn the aspiration points for it they'll be fine. I don't know how easy/hard that would be.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

How do you complete this in 7 days when it says you have to have 4 boy/girl friends per week?

Also, how do Sims 4 prove we wrote 13 books? If you turn them in for royalties, they disappear forever.

How do you complete this in 7 days without cheating? Sims 4 rules are harder than 2 and 3 put together.
Last edited by Jenn on November 14th, 2018, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Okay well *tosses into challenge list* I bought Sims 3 Pets and I've wanted to use it so I HOPE my laptop will behave long enough to let me at least start this challenge on it. I thought about using my desktop but then I remembered it doesn't have the nice Stuff Packs I love on it like the 70's, 80's and 90's stuff pack which is PERFECT for this challenge.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Jenn wrote:How do you complete this in 7 days when it says you have to have 4 boy/girl friends per week?

Also, how do Sims 4 prove we wrote 13 books? If you turn them in for royalties, they disappear forever.

How do you complete this in 7 days without cheating? Sims 4 rules are harder than 2 and 3 put together.
TS4 rules are not so different from TS3. Also it was an exaggeration to explain the reasoning BEHIND the challenge for the BF/GF. It's figurative. You don't actually have to have them for a week.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Mine is started and posted!
Spoiler:
Year One: NSFW warning
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Sorry for the double post. I meant to click edit on the previous post.

In Sims 4, there are now two afterschool activities, unpaid. Can we do those two as part of the teen careers (that's where they are located to sign up).
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Jenn, can you not do both that and a career? For the Sims 3 you could have both and therefore I said do the career AND the afterschool activities, but it's just a matter of whether or not that's even possible with TS4.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

It is not possible. If you sign up for Scouts or Drama club, you quit your job. It's called an afterschool activity, but it's listed with teen jobs. It's so stupid the way they have that and not fair. It's basically like an unpaid intern-type deal must be their thinking.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Well then that's a bit of a pickle. I'll go ahead and say that you can do the scouts/other after school activity in place of working, though from my understanding you aren't required to go to meetings as OFTEN as a part time job... but I don't really have many other options to look at.
Yeah, if that's what you want to do, go ahead. I get the sinking suspicion it might give people an advantage (who want to skill/make money via skills rather than a PTJ), but I also don't really care. It's your challenge so customize as you see fit. It's also really not fair that you have to pick one or the other, so that seems more than fair enough that you're allowed to pick from either!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah, I always try to complete the scouts before putting my teens in part time jobs in my challenges because they have to choose one or the other, and scouts has a much bigger benefit in the faster skilling, where the jobs only give money, and not much at that. But I have never played a teen-centric challenge either, until now. :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Thanks, Livvie. It really is not fair. It should be something you can do after school, like in Sims 3.

There are already two part time jobs, babysitting and manual laborer, who only work Saturday and Sunday. Scouts meet on Saturday and Sunday too, so either way you can take a part time job and not have to work all week anyway. The new Drama club meets M-F, with no money making.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Awesome, great information! I wasn't sure if you might work part time during the week, so it really doesn't change much, does it? Pick away for it! Scouts does give you an edge up if you complete it for skills, but I also imagine that by the time you've completed all your badges you'll be mostly done with the challenge anyways, so it's no big deal to me to worry about.
I'll make a note of it for TS4 in the challenge goals, thanks for bringing it up!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Annabelle

I completed the challenge with a score of: 1,709
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Congratulations Jenn for finishing! I got excited so I'm sorry if I jumped the gun Julie and Livvie :blush:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Thank you!

It was a little daunting right at the beginning, but once she got into a tiny bit of a schedule, it went better.
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

Does the caretaker have to be alive at the end of the challenge?
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

LMAO Mine wasn't. He sort of overheated and died.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”