Where to post a story?

Need help with the game or your simming computer? Here’s the spot to ask!
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Where to post a story?

Post by calientequeen »

I'm guessing this is the correct place to post this topic as I'm not entirely sure where else to go with my query...
For a long time I've wanted to write some kind of story involving the sims that spans across ts2/ts3/ts4, sort of the same characters being transported between worlds/timelines across the three games. I finally had more concrete ideas come to mind the other day about the actual story content, and when I (eventually) get round to posting it, I'd love to share it here!
However I am fully aware we have subforums for sims 2 stories, sims 3 stories & sims 4 stories, but nothing for something that involved more than one! (I know this is a bit of a bizarre idea but stay with me). I was wondering if it'd be okay to post it across the three different subforums? Or would it work better in just one or the other, or maybe even throwing it into the boolprop challenge forum because of it not sticking to one game?
This is obviously all hypothetical because my track record for finishing things is abysmal, but I'd like to know for future reference if I ever get myself around to following through with this!

I have no idea if any of that ramble makes sense, but please can anyone aid my confused brain? Thanks in advance!! :faint:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Where to post a story?

Post by Teresa »

Boolprop challenge forum is just for stories based upon the Boolprop challenges so that wouldn't be the forum to post in unless your story was based upon one of the Boolprop challenges - EPIC, Monster Mash, OWBC, Dynasty of Darkness, Immortal Teen, and Baby Boom.

Are you planning on playing it in all three games at the same time? Or starting in one game, playing for a few generations, then moving to another game, playing for a few generations, moving to the third, etc?
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Honestly then I say pick whichever one you'd like! I usually on the prowl on the story-boards as I do the newsletter, so if you'd like you can always PM me when you swap to another game and I could keep it fluidly moved, or you can pick whichever area you want! We won't get on you about being in the "correct" game. Maybe you could start it with the game you intend to start with, and if you want to move it, just PM me and I can do that for you. :yes:

I like this idea; good luck with your story! Any questions just let me know. :thup:
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

Ooh Livvie that sounds fab! I'll be sure to let you know when things change pace and such :)
I'm planning to start in ts4, briefly go into ts3, a generation or so in ts2, a generation in ts3 and then back to ts4. It's not really a legacy in that sense, as the two main characters will be constant throughout but I'd like to see where it goes.
I guess I'll post it initially in ts4 but put a spoiler warning that the story will be shifting through games in case others aren't interested in reading something from one game or another!
Thanks for your advice ladies :D
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

That sounds great. We can definitely move with you as you change games. Sounds interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

This sounds really interesting and I'm excited for you to start posting it. :)

Return to “Help!”