The Dysfunkshinul Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.5 POSTED Dec 13

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, wow! I've been basically off-line for a while. I did read the Egypt trip, and it was hilarious! And now, I see that the legacy may die, or go on a year-long hiatus?

I vote for hiatus over death, or just post with the pictures you have, and maybe see if you can ship over your PC, eventually? But anyway, please don't cancel forever! It's too funny!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Personal stuff here:
Spoiler:
I'm so sorry to hear about Dewey. :hug: Just under two years ago I lost my seemingly-in-perfect-health seven-year-old dog to a previously-unknown tumor that just ruptured one day and it doesn't matter how long you have them, once you love them, that's that. But yes, thinking of all the years they should have still had is very, very painful. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a neat cat and certainly quite handsome.
Congrats on the job! That's...I mean, "amazing" is probably the best word but it's still kind of underwhelming for how cool this is? I hope you have the best time and it gives you time to refresh and recover some. There is going to be so much to explore! And congrats on your Seoul placement. Very awesome! I've only commented once or twice and I don't know that we've ever directly communicated, but I feel like I know you a little - at least your sense of humor - and I definitely wish you the best.
As for the Langurds, whatever works best for you, do it, but you've gotten so far and these guys are so funny, as long as you don't stop totally I'm happy. My personal vote would be to let yourself choose an heir for once, play as far as you can, and catch up on screenshots. You might be surprised how long they'll last when you're that busy! But as long as I get to see more of this stunning trainwreck dignified legacy, I am most pleased. ;) Congrats on the job again!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah! All that stuff that Taube said. I was kind of stupid yesterday. Sorry.

Definitely what she said!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Just gonna drop 7.6 Upgrade Required as proof that this legacy has not died yet. ;)

Korea has me so behind on life, and on this thread!

Taube:
Spoiler:
Thank you. :heart: And I'm so sorry about your dog. Pet death is always hard to come to terms with, but when it comes out of the blue it's just such a struggle to accept. Luckily my Dewey memories make me laugh more often than anything else, and slipping his pictures into my lesson Powerpoints certainly keeps him alive... I just can't ever tell my students he's not. :spin: I am really freaking thrilled with this adventure so far (at least on the days Korea doesn't hate me) and I appreciate your words of encouragement! Finally finding a sense of normal over might give me some hope of keeping the Langurds alive. :party:
Michelle:
Spoiler:
Lol! Don't worry. My crisis posts tend to be a little all over the place. I'm pleased to say the legacy hasn't died though, and in fact I'll let you in on a secret: I played ahead a little with my favourite heir candidate, so I have a tooooooon of content to keep me busy over here, and the heir poll goes awry then it's not really too late to turn back. As crazy as real life gets this legacy always remains some kind of priority, and I kind of hate myself for it. :lol:
Image Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.6 POSTED May 27

Post by MichelleCYoung »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Yaay! Another chapter of Langurds!
I am happy.
I've been avoiding boolprop for a while, now, because BOTH my Sims 2 and Sims 3 games went flooey, and it hurt to see other people's (semi)functional games. But I just HAD to read this! YAAAAAYYYYY!

I'm glad you're getting through and starting to find your feet. Moving to a foreign country is hard, even for a short time. I remember my own culture-clash, and language muddle, as I became fluent in Dutch (I have since lost all of it. Use it or lose it, folks! Wah.). You have the advantage of global communications, and the internet (which didn't exist yet, when I was in Holland), so you should be able to hold onto your English, via that. But it can certainly be a challenge.

As for the sims story:
Spoiler:
Trelilah - I love this mad couple. Crimson flags be damned!
Sorry you're dealing with the glitches, and maybe you should just skip the heir poll, and choose one, and get the others out of the house? Or just accept that poor Rhapsody will suffer, as a Langurd should.
Duke! Yay! Wait, why is he unofficial? Because we don't have an official heir? So, he MIGHT become official? Anyway, he's already getting into the spirit of things, arguing with the narrator.
So, I just got Grammarly, and am becoming annoyed when I notice that every flagged word on my post is a thing that I actually meant to be that way. What a waste of money! Oh. Wait. It's free. HAHAHAHA! :spin:

Anyway, I'm so glad you're keeping this up! I love the Langurds!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay yay yay yay! I'm so happy you have an update! Sorry things are unsteady for you, but you'll get the hang of it and you're doing great just to roll with the punches and find your way! Also, that hanbok is beautiful and you look regal in it. Back to the chapter, loved it! It got several chuckles out of me and the wedding was magnificent in all the right ways. You may feel off-kilter but your writing is still on point! :D
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

7.7 Blocked by Parental Controls is here!

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Oh man, living abroad before the internet? How would one survive such a thing?! (I swear I Google something every five minutes about how to be a human in Korea. Etiquette, garbage disposal, "do they sell ______ here", you name it.) Unfortunately I'm not in any danger of becoming fluent in Korean anytime soon, but I should really stop coasting on the bare minimum. :roll:

I can see where I've confused everyone (mainly because it's been more than a year since the poll) but Siesta is the official heiress for this generation, hence Duke being unofficial! I've actually played ahead to the point where her kids are grown up, and that's the heir poll I was stressing about skipping or not. Right now I just have a massive backlog of material that should hopefully tide me over until I get back to my PC in Canada! And yes, I may have chosen a favourite of Siesta's offspring and played tentatively ahead with them, but we'll see what happens when we get there. :misspeak: I hope your game pulls itself together soon!
Taube:
Spoiler:
Thank you and thank you! I'll admit I was feeling iffy about the tone of this chapter, so I appreciate the feedback! Hoping to keep the momentum going - I've recently had a breakthrough with lesson planning and have a toooon more free time at school, so naturally I'm devoting as much of it as I can to the Langurds. :lol:
Image Image Image
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.7 POSTED JUNE 4th

Post by Taube »

naturally I'm devoting as much of it as I can to the Langurds
Well, that's just common sense. :P
Spoiler:
I'm team Kip and Jada forever, but holy heck, Siesta is kind of hot as an adult? (Did I just forget that because she's been in a box so much?) And her outfit is fantastic? And passive, cowardly Dusty is hilarious and hopefully going to make beautiful blue babies with Siesta? And the jokes are rolling? And I was delighted yet surprised that Storm was still alive and not taken by animal services? And somehow I still know all these background characters? And I'm heavily invested in the weird drama even though I never read drama sims stories? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME??????
Whatever it is, keep it up! :dizzy: :thup: :spin:
EDIT: Your story really makes me want to write one of mine, which is actually high praise because I have a weird desire to share but drag my feet on actually writing. I enjoyed the chapter so much: it reminds me of how fun it can be to come up with what's going on in the screenshots, so I hope this doesn't sound too weird but it's actually high praise from me. Normally people's stories just make me want to play, but yours is actually inspiring for the writing side. Considering what you've got going on around you, that's really good. :)
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by CeresIn »

I'm reading the first generation, this story is great! So funny!

(I'm reading on the street and people look at me weird because I laugh out loud).
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

CeresIn wrote:I'm reading the first generation, this story is great! So funny!

(I'm reading on the street and people look at me weird because I laugh out loud).
Yay, thanks Yani! That's what I like to hear! (Seriously, "you made people question my sanity in a public place" is one of the highest compliments in my books. :blush: )
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Taube wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm team Kip and Jada forever, but holy heck, Siesta is kind of hot as an adult? (Did I just forget that because she's been in a box so much?) And her outfit is fantastic? And passive, cowardly Dusty is hilarious and hopefully going to make beautiful blue babies with Siesta? And the jokes are rolling? And I was delighted yet surprised that Storm was still alive and not taken by animal services? And somehow I still know all these background characters? And I'm heavily invested in the weird drama even though I never read drama sims stories? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME??????
Whatever it is, keep it up! :dizzy: :thup: :spin:
EDIT: Your story really makes me want to write one of mine, which is actually high praise because I have a weird desire to share but drag my feet on actually writing. I enjoyed the chapter so much: it reminds me of how fun it can be to come up with what's going on in the screenshots, so I hope this doesn't sound too weird but it's actually high praise from me. Normally people's stories just make me want to play, but yours is actually inspiring for the writing side. Considering what you've got going on around you, that's really good. :)
Oops! I missed this before but:
Spoiler:
LOL, your comment about Storm is hilariously well-timed, and when you read the next chapter you'll know why. ;) And nope, don't worry, I fully failed to appreciate Siesta's hotness until the very moment she became YA so I'm pretty sure she just had a major glow-up. OR her face was just hidden by a box the majority of her childhood/teenhood idk.

I'm over here cackling maniacally because I've fooled so many people into thinking this was an OBSERVATIONAL legacy before exposing it for the drama it really is (just kidding, I'm feeling just as blindsided by the plot that's been throwing itself at my feet. I'm stoked to hear it's making you want to write though - that's high praise indeed, thank you! And you absolutely should! If anything, let this legacy serve as proof that you can "drag your feet on actually writing" AND still somehow pull something together every now and then. :lol:
OH AND here's 7.8 This is fine!
Image Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.8 POSTED July 14th

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! 7.7 and 7.8! Soooooo good!

In fact, I loved 7.7, but 7.8 just blew me away. All that happened in one day?! Seriously, your sims do things I didn't even know were possible. And poor, poor Rhapsody! :diablo:

I read both chapters while uninstalling/reinstalling Sims 2, so that I could play and write SOMETHING for SimNaNo, because here it is, the 18th of the month, and I finally realized it's THIS MONTH!!! And my game has been too screwey to play, so I have to just start again, vanilla, from scratch. But you have definitely inspired me! Showing off skillzors at making your sims succeed is nowhere near as fun to read as showing off a family of failure.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Oh my goodness, I loved it! You are spoiling us with these updates (but don't let that stop you!).
Spoiler:
The park!!!!!!! That was absolutely nuts and I loved every minute. And the dialogue with Lev and Rhapsody was too funny. I can't believe you have to max bass now! You're going to have to bring her ghost back into the house to be playable at the rate she's going. :rofl: This was such a great chapter that I'm having trouble picking parts to compliment: Rhapsody sneaking, the salt lick, everything Riza, the stove/birth scene with bonus Trance, all the townies, the firepole, the spread of vain vampirism, ahhhhhh! It was all just so funny. But: STORM! NOOOOOOOOO! :hissyfit: Ah, well. Have a good rest of your life Langurd-free, Storm.
Great chapter! :bounce:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Hi! I was thinking about your story today so I went back and read a few chapters. Still as hilarious as ever! I hope you're doing well. :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

WOW Roxanne & Michelle, you guys truly deserve loyal reader trophies. :applause: I can't express how much I appreciate your sticking around!

I'm happy to say that after damn near a year of nothingness, I've gotten the ball rolling on 7.9! And I have a five-post goal for SimNano in July, so we'll see how that goes. ;)
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATING EVENTUALLY

Post by Ani-Mei »

I'm so behind, I've forgotten where I last read. Well, once I get my own chapter written I'll have something to read that's not people who want to start a fight with me on YouTube over comments on a video, yeah, that's a thing I'm dealing with now. ~_~
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Oh man, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that! :cry: I'll get the next chapter out ASAP just for you (and good luck with yours!). :D

And don't worry about being behind, haha. I try to make it somewhat easy to jump back in at any point, since I'm so sporadic about updating anyway. :lol:
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I posted the screen shot in the Discord, maybe some of them wanted a fight but I wasn't sure. I'll read the updates for this tomorrow.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.9 POSTED (June 28)

Post by Gryffindork »

I come bearing 7.9 Checkpoint! :party:
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.9 POSTED (June 28)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Just started reading generation 7's chapters again. I had no idea my Simself was in your game! And who's Jerald again? What he want with me? :hmm: Trance may be a Diva but he's a nice looking one. I forget that you actually modded your ghosts so you can see them again, I forgot who's a ghost and who's not because of it. :rotfl: Well I just finished the first four chapters of Gen 7, just had to come in and make a comment. I'll edit it later when I finish all of them.

EDIT:

All done now, still don't remember a lot of who is who but that's fine, the great thing about the internet is that it's always around. :spin: My 2020 sucks but I was also social isolating before it was cool so staying inside for months on end is nothing new to me. I've been watching things on Canadian Netflix that the outrage insanity mobs on Twattle got removed from American Netflix, I got to see a lot of movies I've never seen before, including Gone With The Wind that they banned in America, it's slow and horribly dated but I got through all four hours of it. :faint: Also watched The Godfather trilogy too, also banned in the states. Anyway, I've been playing Sims too, writing a new OWBC for the Summer Challenge, not doing SimNo because I know I won't stick to it and I'll forget about it. I'll be around to read whenever a new chapter goes up.

Return to “Sims 3 Completed Stories”