Blackview Apocalypse - Ch.1: Desert Rose [March 12th 2019]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Blackview Apocalypse - Ch.1: Desert Rose [March 12th 2019]

Post by calientequeen »

[hr]
Updates:
Prelude to a Plague
Chapter 1: Desert Rose

Restrictions Lifted:
Spoiler:
Hopelessness - Stacie Black
Architecture - Stacie Black
[hr]
So after recently reading through the entirety of Lorinsv's Romancing the Apocalypse and getting stuck into Chase's DOOM. An Alphabetocalypse, I wanted to try out doing an Apocalypse challenge myself. I'm having loads of fun so far despite how difficult it is! First episode is just a prologue whilst my founder is at college, and I've taken a lot of inspo from the way Chase has written his Alphabetocalypse - not sure if I'm gonna keep this up the whole way through but it was fun to try out a different writing style!

Let me know what you think - I'm excited to see if I can complete this challenge!
Last edited by calientequeen on March 12th, 2019, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blackview Apocalypse - Prelude to a Plague [March 2nd 20

Post by Teresa »

That was great - I love the way you started it off. Good luck with your apocalypse!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

I love how you started off this challenge! Looking forward for more! :)

Also, Stacie is so pretty!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Haha! This was fun! I like the narration style. I'm also particularly fond of the "Gary" bits.
Spoiler:
Do you have a mod to make Natural Scientist a LTW? Because after University, EA borked it and took them away? Anyway, that would be awesome.

one problem, though. Politics can only be suppressed unless Law has been lifted, first.

I guess you can suppress it, build like crazy, and then let him quit his job, having a nice, big house, at least? You can't spread any further after he's gone, but suppressed means suppressed, for as long as he's still working there (and not demoted).

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing more of this. Yaaay!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Haha! This was fun! I like the narration style. I'm also particularly fond of the "Gary" bits.
Spoiler:
Do you have a mod to make Natural Scientist a LTW? Because after University, EA borked it and took them away? Anyway, that would be awesome.

one problem, though. Politics can only be suppressed unless Law has been lifted, first.

I guess you can suppress it, build like crazy, and then let him quit his job, having a nice, big house, at least? You can't spread any further after he's gone, but suppressed means suppressed, for as long as he's still working there (and not demoted).

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing more of this. Yaaay!
I got the mod here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=164.0 (you have to scroll down a little but the link is in the fourth or fifth reply I think) - I didn't take it out as I didn't really feel like it was cheating necessarily? it just brings back something EA took out of the code!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Great start to your challenge. I love reading apocolypse challenges, though playing them cause of all the rules makes my head implode. LOL!
Look forward to seeing how Stacie fares.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yesss!! Always nice to get the prologue chapter out of the way. All that prep in college is worth it though!
Spoiler:
James is a hottie! I'll be interested to see if he stays in Politics, due to the darned Law suppression rule. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty genius move on Pinstar's part IMO, but it's also annoying and usually delays the three suppressed careers toward the end of the challenge. If I ever do another one of these, I'm going for Law first so every lift counts for reals!

I like the dress Stacie grew up into to face the Apocalypse - inappropriate, impractical or downright tragic fashion is part of the fun too! :D
Good luck with the challenge, and I hope to see more Blackview soon. The writing style is fun, plus I love reading players' Hopelessness stage, and Apocalypses in general!
Image Image
ISTJ
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Yay! Another apocalypse for me to read and to tempt me into trying one myself. :lol: I love the TV-episode style and hope you're able to keep it up, since it's very fun to read. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Blackview Apocalypse - Ch.1: Desert Rose [March 12th 201

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, wow! Starting over! That's my kind of dedication.
Spoiler:
I LOVE your narration style, btw.
That little boy is so cute!
So, when James lifts Criminal, what's your plan for getting new groceries each week? Some people just dump the old fridge out in the (covered, within the 8x8) yard and buy new. That works. Or use up inventory slots, because it's 1 square, and movable.

Oh, and don't adopt Grace, the black dog with gray/white patches on top. She's an elder. I've made that mistake. SOOOOO frustrating. As stray dogs go, Pepper's my favorite for an apocalypse. She's smart, well-behaved, and small enough to get comfortable on a chair, so you don't have to buy her a pet bed that can't be moved later. All you need for her is a bone, and feed her sim food.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what comes next!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blackview Apocalypse - Ch.1: Desert Rose [March 12th 201

Post by simsterlyrock »

Spoiler:
I'm glad that the restart didn't cause too much to change!!

Yay for marriage and baby, but boo for so many burglaries. C'mon, man. Can't you tell she doesn't need you burglarizing her during an apocalypse??

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”