simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by simsterlyrock »

I might start doing them! Even if it means downloading pose boxes to properly situate everyone. XD
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I learned pretty early on that too lazy to actually take family photos with pose boxes every rotation lol. But I do take screenshots of the family picture that shows when you click on a household in the neighbourhood. It's an easy way to quickly capture the family in one shot!
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Ooooh, that's a good idea.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Finally making some serious inroads on catching up writing. I only have two more chapters of Week 7 to write. I'm still playing, but trying to write more than I play. I really want to trying to finish some of these challenges I've started.

I'm playing the first round of college of rotation 8. The kids are starting to pair up a little bit. Most of them want to intermarry their friends from when they were teenagers. Which I want to do a little of that, but honestly, I would like to branch out a bit and not have so many sims intermarry right away. I have a list of townies I want to move in and I can't do that if the kids just want to marry each other. But of course families like the Diems are trying to marry into every family in the neighborhood. It's only right for a founding family, right?
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Im slowly making my way through round 14... Jeez, I don't even have that many families but they are all getting so big.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I made the massive mistake of allowing two families to go for the 10 kids want, and hate myself for it a bit. And a third family is just adopting a new kid every day. What have I done?

I'm trying to keep things fresh for my game, so I'm compiling a list of new LTWs, and thinking about including a random event roll at the start of each household's round. Has anybody else done this?
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Avenie wrote:I made the massive mistake of allowing two families to go for the 10 kids want, and hate myself for it a bit. And a third family is just adopting a new kid every day. What have I done?

I'm trying to keep things fresh for my game, so I'm compiling a list of new LTWs, and thinking about including a random event roll at the start of each household's round. Has anybody else done this?
Compiling a list of new ltw's sounds like a good idea.. Can I ask what ideas you have? Honestly so tired of completing the same ones haha..
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Not a lot so far. I made a thread: http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5242

To be fair, most of my sims end up perma plat just through living life, so it doesn't make a ton of difference, but I feel like it gives them more personality.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Avenie wrote:I made the massive mistake of allowing two families to go for the 10 kids want, and hate myself for it a bit. And a third family is just adopting a new kid every day. What have I done?

I haven't done them in a while, but I follow a lot of people on tumblr who do a ROS roll at the beginning of the rounds. I like the idea but I always forget to roll, so I just gave up on it. :lol:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I added some ideas to the alternative LTW lists. I've been seeing more people use ROS rolls. I think it's kinda fun, but I haven't tried them yet.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I use the Ros but I like the ltw better. And y'all have great ideas lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I'm so excited for the current crop of teenagers. Nearly all of them have new LTWs, and it'll be fun!

Also excited for the current crop of newly graduated students. So many romance and popularity sims, I think ACR is going to make me pay dearly.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm playing through college right now for week 6 and I have TWELVE sims to play. Nine born-in-game sims and then three spouses that I created to add some variety and hopefully get some three-bolt relationships. College is probably one of my least favorite parts of the game, so I'm not excited. I feel like it's going to take me forever to play through. :lol:
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

So, I just came back here and read some stories, and now I'm thinking about starting another BACC. I already have one but I totally failed at keeping score so now I'm not sure how many sims I have, what careers are unlocked, what level my businesses are... It's fun to play but it has not much to do with the BACC anymore.

Is there some kind of pre-made scoresheet for this challenge? I'm not very good with excell but I really want to keep track this time.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

FunkyFresh wrote:So, I just came back here and read some stories, and now I'm thinking about starting another BACC. I already have one but I totally failed at keeping score so now I'm not sure how many sims I have, what careers are unlocked, what level my businesses are... It's fun to play but it has not much to do with the BACC anymore.

Is there some kind of pre-made scoresheet for this challenge? I'm not very good with excell but I really want to keep track this time.
I actually made one in Google Sheets because I'm a nerd like that. :lol: Just a sec and I can link it for you.

EDIT:
Here it is. Hopefully you can open it, make a copy or export, and make edits for your own town. Just a few things to note:
  • I made this for myself, so it has information that I wanted to know. Feel free to change things.
  • I have the community lots, SM, population, CAS Sims, Sim percentages, and jobs set to do the math for you so you just have to fill in the related boxes.
  • The residents tab was taken from Pleasant Sims because I liked the way she kept track of the Sims in her Let's Plays.
  • The Aspiration tab is also hers and the idea is that the main aspiration is based on zodiac and the secondary is based on interests. You just fill in the numbers and the tab will calculate the scores. The highest score is the secondary.
  • The Notes tab is really just a list of the values in SimPE for the default eyes and skins just so I can easily tell which Sim based which skin color and eyes, but you could use it for whatever you want.
Let me know if anything is confusing or if you just like it! :)
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Yay, thanks! I couldn't open it though so I had to request access. I just did, so I guess you'll get a notification of it.

EDIT: I got permission and it's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much :) I'm going to translate some things into Dutch to make things easier for myself. I love it! Can't wait to start playing again :bounce:
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Yay! I'm glad it works for you. :)
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I have so many regrets about uni. At least I have a mod to shorten the length of each semester, because there are way too many students this round.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Avenie wrote:I have so many regrets about uni. At least I have a mod to shorten the length of each semester, because there are way too many students this round.
What regrets do you have?
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

My play style is that anybody who wants to go to uni goes. And anybody who is the subject of another sim's want goes as well. I'm going to have to re-think this, because that essentially means that everybody ends up going, and I just don't enjoy uni enough to play everybody through it.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”