skyegal23
Origin ID: Skyegal19
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC): For Sims 4

Post by skyegal23 »

Hi, just wondered how becoming a self employed archelosglist would work. I have jungle advemture because I get all the pack but I haven't really played with it much, any help would be appreactited thanks
My Challenges
I have a variety of challenges. They are all on one blog, but each has a table of contents My Blog
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: Rozemarjin
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

skyegal23 wrote:Hi, just wondered how becoming a self employed archelosglist would work. I have jungle advemture because I get all the pack but I haven't really played with it much, any help would be appreactited thanks
I haven't played it a ton myself, but I would assume you would sell the treasures and whatnot that you gather while on vacation. The few times I've dabbled in it, it's been quite lucrative, so if I focused on it I'm sure it'll be quite a fortune.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I think, you would complete the aspiration and level the skill to 10 as the official part of the completing it. And as Rozemarjin says, you would uncover and authenticate the artifacts for pay. But only your assigned archaeologist can travel until you reach level 10 in the skill - also they can't take the assignments by mail until level 10 in the skill. This hasn't been play tested yet, but I am on that generation and thinking I need to have the spouse test it out.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Added the acting career as an option for generation 4

Generation 4 - Sports & Entertainment
  • Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Entertainment, Acting, or Athletic career.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Hello! I have a few questions about the vampire mini challenge.

1. Can you founder be created as a vampire in CAS starting out, or do they have to be turned by a vampire in game?

2. Do you move out or cure the founder/heir once their generation is over?

3. Say I really liked my founder/heir and/or spouse (that I turned into a vampire) would it be cheating or an unfair advantage to keep them in the house for the rest of the challenge after whenever they were turned, or do they need to be moved out (kind of goes with my second question). I know I’d be taking up household spots, but I was thinking with the one child rule keeping one or two vampires around wouldn’t hurt if it wasn’t against the rules?

Thank you for your time and for converting this for sims 4! This looks really fun.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Good question. I haven't played the vampire challenge so I also haven't tested it in game to see what works and what doesn't.

So I will answer the question generically first, The way I read the part about moving out being required only applies to any extra children that are born due to twins or triplets. As for vampires, since it doesn't say specifically, I would say that you have the freedom to choose what happens when their generation is over. And for the founder, again the choice is yours because it doesn't specify.

Now, my turn - is you are considering playing with vampires, does this sound reasonable and within the spirit of the challenge, or do you have suggestions on how the mini challenge should be changed? It was copied from the Sims 3 version as is but I believe Sims 3 vampires do age and die, they just take longer.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

After thinking this over a bit, I changed my mind a little. I think the mini challenge should be kept as is, and it should be up to the player to decide. I'm going to test out the challenge with moving out each generation of vampires once their (oldest or only) grandchild becomes a young adult, as I like having grandparents around. That way the house won't be overly crowded. Hopefully this will be easier on me (it can be hard handling big households) and still stay within the spirit of the challenge.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah, I like the idea of leaving it up to the player. As you play through it, let me know if you find anything else.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

*Raises hand* Question. With the Island Living pack, the Lot Trait Off the Grid and the career Conservationist were added. Would it be to big a deviation from the rules to say use the lot trait until electricity is unlocked(although this might be seen as like an extra hard thing since you can’t use ANY form of plumbing with this lot trait just bushes)? Also with the Conservationist career, could it be a good career to add to the list of careers. I know it’s a work from home type of job? But it makes sense in the narrative of the challenge that making sure the environment is habitable is a priority, especially when frowning crops.

Just thought I’d ask.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Both are good suggestions. I have been thinking Off the Grid would be a good option for those that want the strict path. Maybe it can be optional for any that want to use it. Definitely not a big deviation since it holds with the intent of the challenge, but as you mention, it makes the start harder.

I haven't really looked at the Conservationist career yet, but depending on the details, it would be good idea to add it to an appropriate generation. It sounds like it would be best at the start of the challenge.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I made changes to the careers for generations 6, 7, and 8 to better line up with the unlocks of computers.

**tablets unlocked**
Gen 6a: Politician, Conservation
Gen 7a: Medical, Style Influencer
**computers unlocked**
Gen 8a: Social Media, Journalism (Writer)

Gen 6b: Politician, Business
**computers and tablets unlocked**
Gen 7b: Critic, Social Media, Author (Writer)
Gen 8b: Medical, Tech Guru

This change also adds the newer careers into the mix. Not included is Freelancer and part-time jobs.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

So, after discussion in the discord. For the self-employee archeology carrer option in gen 3:
- Sim should max archology skill for sure
- Discussed having them completely archeology aspiration to be able to mark career as "complete"

Possible other options:
- Max the Selvadoradian Culture skill as well?
- Reach the end of the temple?

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I found the following quote by Teresa, dated last May. It was related to the subject you were discussing. I'm not certain if you've seen this or if it helps at all.

Teresa wrote:I think, you would complete the aspiration and level the skill to 10 as the official part of the completing it. And as Rozemarjin says, you would uncover and authenticate the artifacts for pay. But only your assigned archaeologist can travel until you reach level 10 in the skill - also they can't take the assignments by mail until level 10 in the skill. This hasn't been play tested yet, but I am on that generation and thinking I need to have the spouse test it out.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh, I also forgot, I was going to ask about university. My guess would be that it would perhaps unlock after you manage to unlock computers? Since computers are likely to be pretty important for college.

Additionally, have we thought about where or if the Discovery University careers would go/be used? Education, Law, and Engineering?

Engineering feels like it would have to be after the unlocking of electronics and computers. I haven't played Education and Law careers to really know where they would fit, but Law seems like it might go with Political careers unlocking? Depending on how it works, would Education maybe be a better fit than an astronaut in the beginning? It felt a little weird without "electricity" we could be an astronaut, but maybe that career is easy to do without having much unlocked. Just throwing out ideas.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yes. University unlocks with computers.

I am doing Education and Law in gen 8 as Serving the Public.

Engineering, I haven't decided (thought about). That almost seems to go in hand with robotics so it doesn't seem like it should be before computers unlock.

Law could go with either Law Enforcement or Politics. That sounds good. (I was already in gen 8 when University released. Heiress is going to college and taking Education, spouse did not go to college and is working his way up Law).

Education requires a lot of computer work, so my sister tells me. Not sure the success rate on it if the computer tasks are ignored. Deanna said one of the tasks is to create lesson plans.

Astronaut was the original career before Military was added with StrangerVille. It was the equivalent to Military in the other games.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Education makes sense in serving the Public then, I would agree. It's just one of those I haven't played with to really know what is required. Most of these careers require at least some computer work it feels like, although you can get away with a lot of it. :) Cool, just wanted to get the thoughts about there and see what people who had possibly played more than me thought. :) An astronaut makes sense then. I think it's the "title" of the career that feels so crazy early on. :spin:

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Scoring update for toddlers...

Top-Notch Toddlers (maxed all skills)... 5 points max (1 point for each skill maxed - must receive the Top Notch Toddler trait)
Happy Toddler (level 3 in all skills)... 1 point (must receive the Happy Toddler trait for reaching at least level 3 in all skills)
Every skill maxed... 1 point (this is for toddlers that don't max all skills, receive Top Notch Toddler trait. This can be added to Happy Toddlers to allow them the opportunity to earn 5 points)

All toddlers skills points cap at 5 points per toddler.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

ciyrose wrote:Education makes sense in serving the Public then, I would agree. It's just one of those I haven't played with to really know what is required. Most of these careers require at least some computer work it feels like, although you can get away with a lot of it. :) Cool, just wanted to get the thoughts about there and see what people who had possibly played more than me thought. :) An astronaut makes sense then. I think it's the "title" of the career that feels so crazy early on. :spin:
I agree with you. It always feels funny to see astronaut at that point.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Thoughts about the Basketball hoops from City Living? Do those unlock with the other "workout" equipment after the Gen 4 reaches their goals, or would it be like the punching bag?

Also, what about the pingpong table from Uni? As far as I know it only deals with fun, and I do not believe there are any electronics in it.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

To help you decide about the basketball hoop, here is a bit of trivia that dates it a little.
"James Naismith invented basketball in 1891 at the International YMCA Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts."

"In 1879, the American inventor Thomas Edison was finally able to produce a reliable, long-lasting electric light bulb in his laboratory. By the end of the 1880s, small electrical stations based on Edison's designs were in a number of U.S. cities."
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”