A Legacy Told by Sims (21/MAR/2020) Chapter Seventeen

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
freshcookies
Canada

A Legacy Told by Sims (21/MAR/2020) Chapter Seventeen

Post by freshcookies »

Last edited by freshcookies on March 21st, 2020, 1:12 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (21/JUNE/2019)

Post by Teresa »

Great start. I love how you she is writing the story.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (23/JUNE/2019)

Post by freshcookies »

Thank you so much! I wanted to try something I hadn't done before and I am having alot of fun writing it. I have just posted the next chapter.
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (29/DEC/2019)

Post by freshcookies »

Updated (finally) with two more chapters. :slaphappy: Happy Holidays everyone!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Just read Chapter One and I love it so far!
Spoiler:
Honestly your writing style is on point. I really love how much you reveal about Lucilla in the first paragraph alone, and I like that you manage to explain her backstory of living in a toxic-sounding family in a nice and succinct way. I really like that her story starts in finding a new life, but I do wonder if her family life will catch up to her later down the line. Loving all the screenshots as well. I think Lucilla is a great founder for a Legacy challenge because of her ambitiousness. I think the date with Mortimer was good for her; already, on day one/two of being away from her family she has a new found freedom. I'm SO glad Lucilla went mad at Mortimer for what happened- not only has he let down Lucilla, but I'm sure Bella's going to be pretty damn mad as well! I'm hoping she won't let this colour her feelings about romance across the board- hopefully she'll find a good spouse soon enough!
Love this so far < 3 I'll try to catch up when I can!
freshcookies
Canada

Post by freshcookies »

LuckyDuck wrote:Just read Chapter One and I love it so far!
Spoiler:
Honestly your writing style is on point. I really love how much you reveal about Lucilla in the first paragraph alone, and I like that you manage to explain her backstory of living in a toxic-sounding family in a nice and succinct way. I really like that her story starts in finding a new life, but I do wonder if her family life will catch up to her later down the line. Loving all the screenshots as well. I think Lucilla is a great founder for a Legacy challenge because of her ambitiousness. I think the date with Mortimer was good for her; already, on day one/two of being away from her family she has a new found freedom. I'm SO glad Lucilla went mad at Mortimer for what happened- not only has he let down Lucilla, but I'm sure Bella's going to be pretty damn mad as well! I'm hoping she won't let this colour her feelings about romance across the board- hopefully she'll find a good spouse soon enough!
Love this so far < 3 I'll try to catch up when I can!
Aw, thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback ^^

I have just posted a couple more chapters.
Spoiler:
The writing gets a bit better in Chapter Seven - it was hard to keep it entertaining when writing as Hope (Chapters 4-6).
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (15/FEB/2020)

Post by freshcookies »

Chapter eight is now posted! :pencil:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Sorry for being super behind X_X I've read from Chapter 2 to Chapter 4!
Spoiler:
CHAPTER 2: I really like Lucilla's complexity as a character, and I like how determined and ambitious she is as well. I like that she's found a friend to trust though, after what happened with Mortimer. I hope things go well with her and Valentino! I was super surprised that she was pregnant though. I wonder how she's going to cope with an unplanned nooboo?

CHAPTER 3: Betty the stray is the cutest! Hope is such a cute baby BTW! I'm so glad Lucilla's looking after the stray dog as well. I'm glad Valentino is actually making an appearance in Hope's life- I thought he'd just run off. I love that she managed to meet Vlad Straud along the way, love that he gave her 'the creeps'. :P I really like the complexity of the relationships in this as well- the ups and downs. It's bittersweet and sometimes sad but it makes for good writing.

CHAPTER 4: Cool to see Hope take over, she's great! I like her differences to her mother, I get a slightly more cheerful, hopeful vibe (no pun intended!) Really hoping she will find someone who truly loves her though, and not be let down twice like her mother was! It's sweet that she can look over all of Orion's quirks because she loves him. You take some real nice screenshots as well, you always manage to capture emotions really well. Especially the wedding < 3 I can't wait to see her baby later on!
Really hooked on your storytelling < 3
freshcookies
Canada

Post by freshcookies »

LuckyDuck wrote:Sorry for being super behind X_X I've read from Chapter 2 to Chapter 4!
Spoiler:
CHAPTER 2: I really like Lucilla's complexity as a character, and I like how determined and ambitious she is as well. I like that she's found a friend to trust though, after what happened with Mortimer. I hope things go well with her and Valentino! I was super surprised that she was pregnant though. I wonder how she's going to cope with an unplanned nooboo?

CHAPTER 3: Betty the stray is the cutest! Hope is such a cute baby BTW! I'm so glad Lucilla's looking after the stray dog as well. I'm glad Valentino is actually making an appearance in Hope's life- I thought he'd just run off. I love that she managed to meet Vlad Straud along the way, love that he gave her 'the creeps'. :P I really like the complexity of the relationships in this as well- the ups and downs. It's bittersweet and sometimes sad but it makes for good writing.

CHAPTER 4: Cool to see Hope take over, she's great! I like her differences to her mother, I get a slightly more cheerful, hopeful vibe (no pun intended!) Really hoping she will find someone who truly loves her though, and not be let down twice like her mother was! It's sweet that she can look over all of Orion's quirks because she loves him. You take some real nice screenshots as well, you always manage to capture emotions really well. Especially the wedding < 3 I can't wait to see her baby later on!
Really hooked on your storytelling < 3
Thank you so much for the support! :heart:

I just posted another chapter - I'm trying to get in the habit of posting while the material is still fresh rather than playing ahead. I think chapter nine is stronger than the previous two chapters since I've started doing this.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (20/FEB/2020)

Post by LuckyDuck »

All caught up!
Spoiler:
Love that picture of Hope rubbing her back in pain and Orion being overjoyed. She's like 'yeah, I'm glad ONE' of us is enjoying this!' Arabella is great, and Lucy! Ara really has Orion's eyes and cheekbone structure I've noticed. Poor Lucilla, I hope the family will cope alright with losing her. I love Puff < 3

It's sad they lost the friend Kaylee as well : ( It's cool seeing all the different romances going on, love that Arabella got married! Cool to see Lucy as heir! I like her friendship with Caiden. Part of me is wondering if she'll ditch Aaron for being a bit gross and go for Caiden instead? I'm so glad they actually did ahh, it's always cute when longterm friends become a couple! I really like how well you show character traits in personality as well, like Lucy's materialism and her comments about Arabella's house. I love that photo of Orion and the outfit you gave him as well, he looks like the proudest old man haha! Lucy looks so pretty at her wedding, love the makeup and dress ~

RIP Orion, and poor Puff losing her pet parent ;o; Gotta love surprise twins! It's a shame Lucy's having issues with Caiden and his career- I can see why she's worried since he's not bringing in much money, and they have got twins- but I do think Lucy has a bit of a 'stick up her ass' about it, and seems to talk down to Caiden a lot, when they discuss the job situation. I love her as a character TBH, her materialism and ambition gets in the way quite a bit so it's something she might have to work on later on.
I feel bad for Caiden dying before being able to get back on good terms with Lucy, and also Lucy TBH since the last conversation they ever had was a fairly bitter one.
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (27/FEB/2020)

Post by freshcookies »

Thank you for continuing to read it! Your support has really kept me into writing it. I just posted another chapter, a bit of a dry one to be honest lol!
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (8/MAR/2020)

Post by freshcookies »

Chapters twelve and thirteen are now out!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

How did I get behind four chapters? I'm an idiot XC
Spoiler:
CHAPTER 10: John and Gwendolyn look so sweet together! Riley is so pretty! I see that Shannon gets around. : P Love the age-up versions as well! I'm happy John doesn't give in to peer pressure. I love her reaction to Shannon and Alessandra in the shower, brilliant. XD I feel like John is getting some pressure from all sides of the family though when it comes to dating and such.

CHAPTER 11: I'm happy to see John as heir, it'll be cool to see his side of things. I like that he thanks Meagan for her support when he wins that award. I'm glad he realises that Gwen was no good for him! I love Alessandra and Shannon's little wedding. Ever since the last chapter, I have a feeling that John has been harbouring a little jealousy for Shannon so it's good to see that clear now. John proposing at the beach was the cutest! The nursery is too cute and I love that they're having a baby! I was so sad when their mum died, but I'm happy to see little Angelina. < 3

CHAPTER 12: Angelina's toddler outfit and hair is perfect! She looks like a little porcelain doll. ~ Interesting that Meagan isn't really bonding with her child, but it did seem to begin with that she wasn't that into the idea of motherhood. I really love how well you write family relationships and the way upbringings affect the children in the longterm; the pic of Angelina in heavy make-up just made me feel sad, like her mum didn't give her enough of a sort of 'female role model' position that maybe instead she's getting that from influencers or something. I hate to say it, but somehow Meagan reminds me of my own mother in a slight way- so obsessed with her image that sometimes her own family get left behind. I don't blame John hating the snobby types. Her comments to Angelina on her figure made me so angry! She should be supporting her daughter, not telling her she's not good enough. The media is doing that to her enough! The little Rottie (or is it Dachshund?) puppy is the cutest, but she shouldn't be trying to buy her daughter's love. Honestly, she's pretty abusive. I kinda want John to divorce her. I think her having Aaron is a good thing, a man who will hopefully give her some proper, healthy attention and value her for who she is unlike her status-obsessed false-ass mum.

CHAPTER 13: It'll be fun to see things from Angelina's point of view, but honestly I just feel so bad for her. You can tell through the way she talks that she's kind of normalised this idea of how she should look for everyone but herself. At least her acting gives her a nice break from real life. So happy she got with Aaron! Later on in the chapter I'm happy she's not letting her mum chip away at her! And I'm happy that she's biting back because at this point Meagan kinda needs it. I really hope that she can find her own happiness instead of relying on others' validation, and I hope she stays with Aaron, he seems pretty humble.
freshcookies
Canada

Post by freshcookies »

LuckyDuck wrote:How did I get behind four chapters? I'm an idiot XC
Spoiler:
CHAPTER 13: It'll be fun to see things from Angelina's point of view, but honestly I just feel so bad for her. You can tell through the way she talks that she's kind of normalised this idea of how she should look for everyone but herself. At least her acting gives her a nice break from real life. So happy she got with Aaron! Later on in the chapter I'm happy she's not letting her mum chip away at her! And I'm happy that she's biting back because at this point Meagan kinda needs it. I really hope that she can find her own happiness instead of relying on others' validation, and I hope she stays with Aaron, he seems pretty humble.
Thank you!! Chapters 14 and 15 are now posted :)
Spoiler:
We'll see how much you like her after chapter 14 haha - I didn't want to paint her as some perfect character, I feel like flawed characters are much more interesting so I want to incorporate that more in my writing.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (15/MAR/2020)

Post by LuckyDuck »

Yeah but I loooove flawed characters, especially the way you write them. I love me some feel-good simlit, but the fact that you take it that bit further just makes it so good and unnerving in a good way. Like it's unnerving but in a realistic way, which just makes it all the more so. Most of my written projects outside of Sim-Lit are full of very imperfect characters, but for some reason I find it hard to do in SimLit projects and I'm not sure why that is.
Spoiler:
CHAPTER 14: I see the showbiz celebrity life has got to her head! I was hoping she'd stay humble and learn to not be like her mother, but I'm glad from a storytelling point of view that you really emphasised her fatal flaw. I see she's now completely overlooking Aaron for some fancy rich guy who will probably use her! I already don't trust him. I mean, celebrity relationships aren't known for lasting. XD Not only that, but...other people's boyfriends? : O Jesus Christ, she got impregnated? Brodie must be like, thirty years older than her! I feel like any streak of 'normality' in her has kinda just gone out of the window at this point, she's all about her rep, although I do think her mother's treatment of her has a part to play with that. That said though I actually agree with her mum at this point, when she tells her he's only marrying her to get a younger audience! It's eerie how nonchalantly she speaks about her own dad as well. That longshot of Del Sol Valley across the pool is really nice; gives me a GTA V vibe. I love Vivienne! I just hope Angelina loves her too, and doesn't use her as a sort of popularity thing...

CHAPTER 15: Not sure if this is intended for effect, but whenever Ange talks about anyone other than herself or Brodie, it's so short and succinct, like she always wants the spotlight to be on the two of them. I love lil Hunter! Poor Vivienne losing her doggo friend ;n; I'm glad Vivienne gets along with her brother. Really love Vivienne's teen look!
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (16/MAR/2020) Chapter Sixteen

Post by freshcookies »

LuckyDuck wrote:Yeah but I loooove flawed characters, especially the way you write them. I love me some feel-good simlit, but the fact that you take it that bit further just makes it so good and unnerving in a good way. Like it's unnerving but in a realistic way, which just makes it all the more so. Most of my written projects outside of Sim-Lit are full of very imperfect characters, but for some reason I find it hard to do in SimLit projects and I'm not sure why that is.
Aw thank you!

Chapter 16 is posted - trying to not play too far ahead
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Good that Viv and Hunter still get along! The kiss with Evangeline was a big surprise! It's darkly interesting the way you show all the downsides of showbiz- drugs, death, the obsession with attention. Yay for Viv and Jamari getting engaged! You always post the nicest wedding pics!
freshcookies
Canada

Post by freshcookies »

LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
You always post the nicest wedding pics!
Thank you, I love glamming Sims up for weddings lol!

Chapter 17 is now posted!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (21/MAR/2020) Chapter Seventeen

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Loving the zombie cake joke XD Love that Hunter proposed! Really love Viv's short hair! I love Ember Bot! I love the analysis it does. I wonder who will bring in the next generation first?
freshcookies
Canada

Re: A Legacy Told by Sims (21/MAR/2020) Chapter Seventeen

Post by freshcookies »

This legacy has been discontinued :(

The original save file was lost after my computer/HD died :rip:

thank you LuckyDuck for all the support :heartbeat:

Return to “Sims 4 Story Graveyard”