What's my name? A name game challenge *Chapter 4.8!*

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

What's my name? A name game challenge *Chapter 4.8!*

Post by Salem »

I promise this is the last challenge I'm gonna start until I'm done with some of them xD

So yeah, I'm kind of a name-enthusiast, so when I saw that there was a whole legacty-style challenge in the sims around the theme of names, I couldn't help myself xD

Anyway...
Generation 1: Salem
Generation 2: Skylar
Generation 3: Knox

Letters used
Spoiler:
A: Aric, Awstin, Agatha
B:
C:
D:
E: Elijah, Effie
F:
G:
H:
I: Ingulf
J:
K: Knox, Khaliq
L: Larry, Ludvig Liaqat,
M: Max
N: Nitza
O: Ozbej
P:
Q:
R: Rupert
S: Skylar, Sinbad
T:
U:
V: Vaughn
W:
X: Xzavi, Xifeng
Y: Yvaine
Z:Zufash

Happy simming everyone!
Last edited by Salem on November 27th, 2023, 6:20 pm, edited 57 times in total.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge

Post by 108sims »

Yay for Name Games! I’ve tried twice and failed, but it’s such a fun challenge. I do like Nina quite a lot. She’s one of my favorite premade too. I think it’s always funny to compare your simself to you in real life. Sims are a lot more confident! I hate when other sims try to interrupt your dates and conversations. I’m interested to see how the challenge works
out with your sim living in an apartment. Hopefully there’s enough room for all the kiddos! A fun start, and I can’t wait to see how the babies turn out.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:Yay for Name Games! I’ve tried twice and failed, but it’s such a fun challenge. I do like Nina quite a lot. She’s one of my favorite premade too. I think it’s always funny to compare your simself to you in real life. Sims are a lot more confident! I hate when other sims try to interrupt your dates and conversations. I’m interested to see how the challenge works
out with your sim living in an apartment. Hopefully there’s enough room for all the kiddos! A fun start, and I can’t wait to see how the babies turn out.
Name games are deffinitely one of my weaknesses! And hey, maybe third time could be the charm for you! I've been playing a lot and it's been a lot of fun so I deffinitelly would say to try again when you feel the pull!
I'm super happy with Nina, and yeah, sims have levels of confidence we can only dream about xD it's part of their charm. The appartment is one of the biggest ones you can afford with the starter money so I'm pretty cofident we can fit five kids in there, but we'll see xD at least moving is always an option!

I just posted an update! you can read it HERE
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I started a save file, which I might end up playing more once I get some chapters going for my SimsNano goal. I have too many challenges, but the Name Game is so fun. It already felt weird to send my simself out to a club. I am definitely not a club person!
Spoiler:
Too bad it rained for Geekcon! I get that it's realistic that electronics wouldn't work in the rain, but still. I always feel so bad with the mischief aspiration and making my sims be mean to others. I'm too much of a softie! I love having my sims inherit unnatural hair colors. Congratulations on just having one baby, and yay for more babies!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:I started a save file, which I might end up playing more once I get some chapters going for my SimsNano goal. I have too many challenges, but the Name Game is so fun. It already felt weird to send my simself out to a club. I am definitely not a club person!
Spoiler:
Too bad it rained for Geekcon! I get that it's realistic that electronics wouldn't work in the rain, but still. I always feel so bad with the mischief aspiration and making my sims be mean to others. I'm too much of a softie! I love having my sims inherit unnatural hair colors. Congratulations on just having one baby, and yay for more babies!
I really hope you can play it! it's a lot of fun and it makes you think a lot about creative names xD I'm already kinda thinking which names could I use deppending on which one of my kids gets chosen as heir... and I'm with you on the clubs, I've never been able to get really into them xD but oh well, sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone
And yeah, I understeand about geek con but it's still kind of frustrating! Usually I'm the same with the aspirations buut since you can chose here, it's a nice experiment xD you're not really that bad with other sims as I thought (? and thanks for the congrats! there're deffinitelly more babies in the future!

Anyway, chapter 1.3 can be found HERE
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Well I’m trying it. I only have one chapter up now. All I can say is my simself is dumb. :duh: I’m also going to do the Arizona Von Matterhorn with next generation. If I can handle a 15 sim household last attempt, I can handle 30 babies right? :no:
The mischief aspirations aren’t the worse. Not what I’d choose, but you’re right it’s nice to try out different things.
Spoiler:
Yes the flea market is awesome especially, especially for collections!

Awesome you got a poster! I feel like those are so hard to get.

Skylar is a cutie!

A very reasonable explanation for being in a bad mood. I don’t like my sleep interrupted either.

Nina is such a good mom! She’s taking care of the new baby and didn’t even change out of her hospital gown.

Woo for babies! Even though that’s a given with this challenge.
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Oh wow, I'm honestly on the fence with the Arizona challenge because I feel it will be too much to me xD but I wish you the best of lucks with that! And yeah, Sims tend to be super dumb xDDD
Spoiler:
I love the flea market! technically there's not much to do, but I just love the feeling it has, and yeah, it's really great for collections!
I've been getting more luck with posters than snowglobes so far! But we'll see once the collections are closer to complete xD
She is!! To be fair all toddlers tend to be super cute, but I'm biased towards my baby xD and the sleep thing is awful! i always get super cranky about it xD
And yeah, Nina has her priorities straight! she's really such a sweetheart, I've found it that mischief sims tend to be like that xD
Babies are a given in the sims! but it's still exciting to watch them arrive!
Chapter 1.4 is up now! you can read it HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I feel like the fussy trait is a lie! Usually my fussy toddlers are better behaved than my other ones.

The painting is a reference actually! I like the little hidden references they put in game.

Yay for an adopted L baby! I can’t wait to see what Larry looks like.

It’s definitely stressful when toddler sort of pile up is the best way I can put it. It’ll be like having triplets for a day!

Yeah Salim definitely shouldn’t mess with Nina!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I feel like the fussy trait is a lie! Usually my fussy toddlers are better behaved than my other ones.

The painting is a reference actually! I like the little hidden references they put in game.

Yay for an adopted L baby! I can’t wait to see what Larry looks like.

It’s definitely stressful when toddler sort of pile up is the best way I can put it. It’ll be like having triplets for a day!

Yeah Salim definitely shouldn’t mess with Nina!
Spoiler:
I've had maybe one or two that are reaaaally fussy, but yeah, the trait isn't that bad most of the time xD I think wild todders are the ones I fear a little more! and even Idependent ones because they always make a fuss when you try to help them xD
The references are one of my favorite things! I really need to play Spore sometime xD
I love adopting kids in this game so I was super excited for Larry! he really has a special place in my heart now that I have played longer! And yeah with toddler tripplets xD at least is just for a day and no the whole time!
As a little spoiler, after tihs new chapter I feel like I've been too good to Salim! He definitely didn't learn his lesson
thanks always for reading! and chapter 1.5 can be found HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 10th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Adopting kids is always fun. I don't do it nearly enough! My favorite adopted kid I've had also had an L name, so L kids for the win!

Yes, at least you only have deal with them for a day. Triplets are not fun.

Haha yes that's the one of the "fun" things about real life and sim toddlers. Why this? Why that?

The super hero shirt is one of my favorites!

Congratulations on a top notch toddler!

Maybe it's pajama day at school? We actually used to have a week of dress up days to show school spirit, and one of them was wearing pajamas. I never did it because I felt weird.

The seed packets annoy me. They're nice for the gardening collection, but they make a huge mess!
[align=center]Image
wyldhawke
Origin ID: IllusoryThrall
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Spoiler:
Just got caught up on your challenge. I love this family! They're so cute together.. And I about died laughing at the neighbor and his kinks. Not sure I've seen that one before! Congrats for surviving the three toddler stage! I know from experience how scary that can get, and in an apartment with neighbors? *shudders at the thought* Even worse.
Origin ID: Wyldhawke / Sims 4 forum ID: illusorythrall
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions
Alternate Rules by me: Hard Mode Decades|Extended Not So Berry|Mermaid Legacy
Check me out on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/illusorythrall

ImageImageImage
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Adopting kids is always fun. I don't do it nearly enough! My favorite adopted kid I've had also had an L name, so L kids for the win!

Yes, at least you only have deal with them for a day. Triplets are not fun.

Haha yes that's the one of the "fun" things about real life and sim toddlers. Why this? Why that?

The super hero shirt is one of my favorites!

Congratulations on a top notch toddler!

Maybe it's pajama day at school? We actually used to have a week of dress up days to show school spirit, and one of them was wearing pajamas. I never did it because I felt weird.

The seed packets annoy me. They're nice for the gardening collection, but they make a huge mess!
Spoiler:
I feel the same! it's always a nice way to add new genetics to the family and adopted kids are always a surprise!
Oh yeah, I remember when I was little once I asked my father what thing kids asked the most about and he told me about the "why" questions LOL I didn't believe at the time that it was so bad, but now i Know better
same here with the shirts! and thanks! it's a cool achievement to me!
Oh you're right! In my country we don't have any kind of school spirit weeks, but I have heard about those, so maybe that's way LOL
wyldhawke wrote:
Spoiler:
Just got caught up on your challenge. I love this family! They're so cute together.. And I about died laughing at the neighbor and his kinks. Not sure I've seen that one before! Congrats for surviving the three toddler stage! I know from experience how scary that can get, and in an apartment with neighbors? *shudders at the thought* Even worse.
Spoiler:
Hi there! It's so nice to see you in boolprop! :D do you recognize me from thesimsforums?
I'm glad that you're having fun with the story! I can't deny that they're a cute family, they already have a special place in my heart! And yeah, I'm so glad that it was three toddlers for just one day, real tripplets are a nightmare, even with no neighbors!
Just uploaded chapter 1.6 HERE! Enjoy!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 13th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Yes annoy Salim more!

For some reason my kids never want to use desks either. I guess it does make their room look nice even if they completely ignore it!

Hooray for nearing the end of the babies!

*gasp* I can't believe she's actually using the desk.

That toy glitch is super annoying. :banghead:

Salim's spouse is having an affair maybe?

With the way my Name Game is going I also agree with you that I'm glad it's not an ISBI.

Good luck with the twins!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 13th

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Yes annoy Salim more!

For some reason my kids never want to use desks either. I guess it does make their room look nice even if they completely ignore it!

Hooray for nearing the end of the babies!

*gasp* I can't believe she's actually using the desk.

That toy glitch is super annoying. :banghead:

Salim's spouse is having an affair maybe?

With the way my Name Game is going I also agree with you that I'm glad it's not an ISBI

Good luck with the twins!
Spoiler:
I remember I used to have a mod that made kids use their desks, but I removed it so now it's always a mirecle when they use it lol
I'm super glad that they got the toy bug fixed! I haven't played since then though so I'm not sure is it's really dealed with, but I hope, it really was annoying xD
and that's what I thought about his spouse, that made it awkward lol but Salim's life is not boring for sure!
Chapter 1.7 is now uo to read HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 20th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Sometimes you can just feel a sim's sexuality. Though to be fair, most of mine end up being gay anyway.

Poor Aric! Hopefully he'll get used to his new siblings soon.

I didn't realize that child aspirations count. I'll have to adjust my points!

Aw Elijah and Effie are super cute. :)
[align=center]Image
wyldhawke
Origin ID: IllusoryThrall
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by wyldhawke »

Salem wrote:
Spoiler:
Hi there! It's so nice to see you in boolprop! :D do you recognize me from thesimsforums?
I'm glad that you're having fun with the story! I can't deny that they're a cute family, they already have a special place in my heart! And yeah, I'm so glad that it was three toddlers for just one day, real tripplets are a nightmare, even with no neighbors!
Just uploaded chapter 1.6 HERE! Enjoy!

I do recognize you! :) I'm glad I joined boolprop, I've found a whole new group of friends! I should have done this ages ago. Got all caught up again (not sure how I got behind.. but it's been a busy month!) .. Loving this family. It's totally making me want to try a name game and I REALLY don't need more challenges! :spin:
Origin ID: Wyldhawke / Sims 4 forum ID: illusorythrall
Challenges by me: Apartment Switch|Master Simmer|Timeline Adventure|Misery2Mansions
Alternate Rules by me: Hard Mode Decades|Extended Not So Berry|Mermaid Legacy
Check me out on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/illusorythrall

ImageImageImage
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 22th

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Sometimes you can just feel a sim's sexuality. Though to be fair, most of mine end up being gay anyway.

Poor Aric! Hopefully he'll get used to his new siblings soon.

I didn't realize that child aspirations count. I'll have to adjust my points!

Aw Elijah and Effie are super cute. :)
Spoiler:
Lol, it happens! Most of mine tend to stay as pansexual as all sims are lol that's why it was funny that I felt Aric being totally gay, I don't have the same idea with any of his siblings xD
He was having a really rough time! but thankfully he got over it, it probably helps that the twins are really super cute!
And I saw in the rules that they do count! +1 point I think...so I'm not sure if they also get the +4 from completing the aspiration for the first time, but since they're just 4 anyways, I don't think they make that much of a difference xD
wyldhawke wrote:
I do recognize you! :) I'm glad I joined boolprop, I've found a whole new group of friends! I should have done this ages ago. Got all caught up again (not sure how I got behind.. but it's been a busy month!) .. Loving this family. It's totally making me want to try a name game and I REALLY don't need more challenges! :spin:
I wanted to join since last year I think, so it's nice to finally do it! People here are really nice and fun! And yeah, I get you on the busy month, I finally have a couple days "free" to play a little, so I'm enjoying xD And it's always so hard not to start another challenge! I already have a founder for an ISBI created and I'm trying so hard not to start it until I finish some of the challenges I already have! but I'm probably gonna do it once I get done with SImNaNo, I'm weak

Chapter 1.8 is ready to be read HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Yeah most of my sims stay pansexual too, I just meant in general none of them ever end up being straight. (You know you play sims too much when you choose your sims sexuality and career based on a dream you had because that totally happened with my generation 6 heir)
Also now that you say that about the aspirations I had already counted them. :oops:

How long do you have seasons set for? For me I guess it doesn’t really matter since I always end up playing in the worlds where it doesn’t snow, but then I miss the snow.

Toddlers with overalls = instantly cuter!

My simself is the same way. I feel like she barely knows the kids. That’s the trade off for having a job away from home I guess.

That really is the ideal relationship!

I love the solar system project. I think it’s my favorite one.

It is never, ever too early to look for potential spouses!

But I wanted to see all the birthdays! :sorry: I’ll just wait for the next chapter.

Also I’m happy you joined boolprop! It took me like close to 10 years to join a sims forum, but I’ve always been lurking. It is super nice and fun here.
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah most of my sims stay pansexual too, I just meant in general none of them ever end up being straight. (You know you play sims too much when you choose your sims sexuality and career based on a dream you had because that totally happened with my generation 6 heir)
Also now that you say that about the aspirations I had already counted them. :oops:

How long do you have seasons set for? For me I guess it doesn’t really matter since I always end up playing in the worlds where it doesn’t snow, but then I miss the snow.

Toddlers with overalls = instantly cuter!

My simself is the same way. I feel like she barely knows the kids. That’s the trade off for having a job away from home I guess.

That really is the ideal relationship!

I love the solar system project. I think it’s my favorite one.

It is never, ever too early to look for potential spouses!

But I wanted to see all the birthdays! :sorry: I’ll just wait for the next chapter.

Also I’m happy you joined boolprop! It took me like close to 10 years to join a sims forum, but I’ve always been lurking. It is super nice and fun here.
Awwwn thanks! And yeah lurking in the shadows was also my style xD but it's a lot more fun to join in!
Spoiler:
Oh yeah! I think I've had a couple sims I feel striclty straight, but it's like one into 10 xD
Meh, I still think it's just a couple points so it shouldn't make so much of a diference! and my seasons are two weeks because I don't like holidays to be too cramped in the calendar xD
I almost always put at least one overalls outfit to my toddlers! and definitely to the work thing" working from home gives a lot extra time to spend with the kids!
I'm happy you say that about potential spouses lol because yeah, I always start to do it from childhood, I love the idea of them growing together!
And you didn't have to wait too long to see the birthdays! because chapter 1.9 is already up HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's my name? A name game challenge *Updated July 23th

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I might have to make my seasons longer because I agree with you about them being too cramped.

With looking for potential spouses, I think I've had a lot of mine grow up together. A lot of times I make a club with kids, or teens if I wait to long, to help them find some friends and potential spouses.

Nina looks so happy to be pregnant!

The llama x bunny painting is great. :rotfl:

I like teen Skylar's style.

All these kids are growing up so cute!

I like Maximo. You can pretend you named him that, and Max is just his nickname?
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”