SimNaNo 2019: Sign-Ups [Now Open]

somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Re: SimNaNo 2019: Sign-Ups [Now Open]

Post by somebodysangel »

I think I might need to change my word target; this challenge seems to have a whole lot fewer words than I usually do. Can I revise it to 20k words?
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, so here it is, almost July 19, and I just remembered that it's July! Yeah, I've been out of it, and offline, or at least, off Boolprop, due to both Sims 2 and Sims 3 deciding to go completely haywire.
I finally bit the bullet and uninstalled them both. I have re-installed Sims 2. Sims 3 will take a week to get it all properly installed, with all the CC there is, and frankly, I'm keeping Sims 2 vanilla until after SimNaNo.

But! I have come up with a short(ish) challenge that looks like it will be a lot of fun, and that is my goal for this SimNaNo:
I'm going to do a play-through of my newly created Harlot's Legacy/ISBI, located here.

My goal is to have 5 updates, of 100 (or more) slides each, with no more than 2 slides per update that do not have a picture. So, the title page, and possibly one other.
My stretch goal is to actually complete the five generation challenge by the end of SimNaNo! Hey, I have a little over ten days! Two days per generation? That's do-able, right?!
Yes, I am high on my pain pills. Why do you ask?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Teresa wrote:I am going to add a third story to the mix and will post several updates this month. I am not sure the split between stories that I listed in my sign-up post will hold, but the total words will remain - updating my signup information below.

:check: Story Name: Odyssey EPIC
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Odyssey EPIC

:check: Story Name: Masterful Sims
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Masterful Sims

:check: Story Name: Oakes Perfect Legacy
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Oakes Perfect Legacy

:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 50,000 words and 2,250 pictures
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: Together for the three stories, my goal is to have 50,000 words and 2,250 pictures posted in July.
I am adding a fourth challenge to the list. My personal goals haven't changed, I just needed to start the new challenge (again).

:check: Story Name: Drifting Along
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Drifting Along
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Omg I almost missed this....I still have time right? Right!

I'm going to work on Silver Bend like a mad woman. I want to try to get an update out for every remaining day of July, so 12 updates. And at least 2 old updates converted to LJ from Slideshare.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I was away for a few days, so I'm just now adding everything here! I apologize for the lateness and you'll get updated banners tonight/tomorrow!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I already had a whole chapter written, but now, my game is still crashing! After uninstalling and reinstalling, it has now crashed FIVE TIMES TODAY! And, once again, like before the uninstall, the last time, it only let me play for 30 seconds!

I am officially declaring my Sims game broken, until I can get my IT nephew to take a good look at it, and see if he can figure out what's wrong.

I didn't have this trouble before upgrading to Windows 10. I think it's Windows 10. I hate Windows 10!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, so Sims 2 is just not working for me, and I wasted three or four (I lost track) days on that. WAAAAAH! However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 3, and now I have it actually going past the loading screen and playing. It is purely vanilla, with not a mod or CC in sight. Not a single download. Not a single "fix." But. It. Runs.

So! My new SimNaNo attempt is here: Teh Faylyers

It is a five-generation ISBI, and I am actually trying to get low points. Not that I will deny them what they need. I'm just going to cheer when they pass out and pee themselves, rather than tear my hair out. It'll be fun, watching them suffer, in payment for causing me so much misery when my Sims games broke! Yeah! PUNISHMENT! Also, watching the House Teams in the competition, where it's just nothing but free will, has been downright hysterical.

Oh, writing goals: OK, so I have exactly 10 days left, so I will aim for 5 chapters, 100 slides each, with no less than 98 pictures per chapter (title page and points page have no pictures, so if I add a slide without pictures, I have to add another slide to the count). One chapter every two days is a real stretch for me. OK, there have been times I was really on a roll, and if that happens, I'll push myself harder. But I doubt I'll get on that much of a roll, considering I slept 20 hours, out of 24, just yesterday/today. Anyway! I'm gonna try this, now. Later, y'all! :bullwhip:

[mod="Livvielove"]:heartbeat: Good luck! I'm rooting for you![/mod]
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Changing my goals as I've decided to add another story to my goals. Overall goal does not change however.

:check: Story Name: Wildwood Heights BACC (Technically Tortall Alphabet Legacy, too, but not going to double dip)
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link Wildwood Heights BACC

:check: Story Name: 100+ Idol Debuts
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link 100+ Idol Debuts

:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: Picture goal: 300; Word goal: 12,000
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: First round of play generated 100 pictures and about 4000 words. This means I should be able to do 3 weeks and be fine. So 1 week per round with an extra week as a buffer in case life happens. I want to try to get into a habit of updating stuff regularly and I figure best to start with something that's got no plot and would be quicker to do updates for than my Sims 3 stories.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I'm revising my goals a bit and adding a new challenge to the list (I know it's a bit late to do that)

:check: The Fates Were Merciful: TS4 Epic
:check: Can be found here

:check: The Willowsburg Name Game

:check: A Perfect Alphabetacy

:check: Word count: 25,000 Picture count: 600 Update count: 10
:check: Why I chose this goal: After working on my previous two challenges, I decided to lower my picture goal. I'm averaging between 50-70 pictures per update with them, and with an added challenge, I think 600 pictures should be achievable. I decided also to scrap having set amount of updates for each challenge as planning out chapters for my Epic takes a lot more time than the other two with posing and plot and what not. I still plan on posting 10 updates total, all three challenges combined. As for my word count, I left it the same as I have no problem getting a little carried away with captions on any of the challenges.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

*Slides this in like Indiana Jones*

:check: Story Name: I Do What I Want - A Sims 4 Legacy
:check: Link: Boolprop Page
:check: Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 2100 words, 50 images, 2 Updates
:check: Why: I'd been hoping to post the first two generations of my Smart Name Game, but between family issues, health (mental and physical) issues, and the heat, I've been unable to get that done. However, this legacy is extremely relaxed and I can't let myself fail to meet some goal for the month. So I'm submitting this just under the wire. I have one update ready to be posted once my goal is updated and another in the works. I just want to get back to posting. It's been hard for me so anything I can do is a win.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Adding the Minos Apocalypse to my SimNano list, which can be found here. Doing this because my words per update for the QB are a lot less than for other challenges, and I haven't had enough time to play enough to meet the goals. And also I have a backlog of pics for the Apocalypse, so this will help me on two levels!
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Teresa wrote:
Teresa wrote:I am going to add a third story to the mix and will post several updates this month. I am not sure the split between stories that I listed in my sign-up post will hold, but the total words will remain - updating my signup information below.

:check: Story Name: Odyssey EPIC
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Odyssey EPIC

:check: Story Name: Masterful Sims
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Masterful Sims

:check: Story Name: Oakes Perfect Legacy
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Oakes Perfect Legacy

:check: Your Personal Goal for SimNaNo: 50,000 words and 2,250 pictures
:check: A little bit about why you picked the goal you did: Together for the three stories, my goal is to have 50,000 words and 2,250 pictures posted in July.
I am adding a fourth challenge to the list. My personal goals haven't changed, I just needed to start the new challenge (again).

:check: Story Name: Drifting Along
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Drifting Along
Okay, one more story to add to the list. This will have my last update of the month.
:check: Story Name: Shannon: Sliding Doors
:check: Link to the story's Boolprop link: Shannon: Sliding Doors 3
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Changing up my goals one last time, because I can't NOT meet them.

Words: 15,000
Pics: 1300

[mod="Livvielove"]Consider it done! :wizard:[/mod]
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I'm not going to meet my goal due to an heir poll stopping me for over a week. I'm changing it to 6,000 words and calling my attempt done.

:check: Story Name: Wells Name Game Challenge
:check: Boolprop Thread
:check: I am going for 6,000 words.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Locking this topic too, as there's no point in having it unlocked when the event is over! Great job everyone!

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”