"Generational" Gameplay

All Sims 1 chat goes here
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

"Generational" Gameplay

Post by Sam »

I was looking into the spells and charms that came with the Makin' Magic expansion the other day, and came across a charm that children can cast - The Age of Instant charm. Basically, once cast, the child becomes an adult, and it is permanent and irreversible.

I'm only beginning to play around with it a little bit, but maybe it would be possible to use the charm to play 'generations', like in the later versions of the sims?

Just something I've been thinking about for a few days that I thought I'd share :)
MeadowThayerr
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Crimetape
Origin ID: MeadowThayerr
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: "Generational" Gameplay

Post by MeadowThayerr »

That sounds neat actually, I wouldn't mind trying that if I ever find my discs to attempt a Sims 1 legacy of sorts. I just moved, so I have no idea where my discs are right now though. So, if you do it I'd love to see how it goes!
Image Image Image
Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.

STORIES | TWITCH

Sims 4
The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game | The Cien Baby Challenge | Nook's Legacy
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ooooh! This makes me want to dig into all the information on Sims 1, and come up with a rules set for a Sims 1 Apocalypse Challenge. Obviously, weather won't be an issue, but either you'll have to marry in spouse after spouse after spouse (and kill them off to get rid of them, until the appropriate lifts are made to enable moving them out), or you'll have to raise children who can grow themselves up. Either option presents its own challenges, of course.

Something to consider after SimNaNo.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

It would be neat if I could get some form of legacy challenge to work out, I think. An apocalypse sounds incredibly hard though, so hats off to anyone who gives it a go!!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

That's quite interesting!
I mean, as the original source isn't available you can probably build on it/alter it. If they come back and want credit, that's easy to do, right?
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

That would be really tough! I think it's really hard to top a career when a sim lives alone, so that'd be pretty interesting!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I was playing Sims 1 again, recently, and came to realize just how challening it is to succeed as a single sim. Relationships drop almost hourly, so it's ridculously hard to get enough friendships for careers. And as for an apocalypse - have you tried to survive eating just once per day?! In Sims 2 and later games, it's possible, but Sims 1 - you starve FAST. I think that would have to be taken into consideration in an apocalypse game.

However, an ordered challenge, where you take one sim through all the different things in order, sounds very interesting, indeed. Also, imminently scorable. For example, aging isn't an issue, but you could count the days it takes to achieve each goal, or to complete the overall challenge. Of course, that's days at the home lot, not off lot. With coffee, or just determination, you can stay going for a long time off lot. Plus, there's vacations, which can actually be surprisingly productive, if only because they give you time to socialize and build friendships, without having to run off to work every day, or try to remember (did I skip work for skilling yesterday or was that the day before?) and lose the job.

There's a lot to consider!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

It helps to have a second sim in the household as the friend maker, I think. There's no way eating once a day would work!!

If you click on the household funds, it can tell you how many days since you moved into a lot, which would help keep track of time passing. It doesn't keep count of days off the lot, tough. Can you skill on vacation, I can't remember.

It would certainly be interesting to see a ruleset!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't know if you can skill off the lot. There's probably a mod for that, if you can't. But most pre-built off-home lots don't have many skilling objects, anyway.

Of course, you can work on your stardom off the lot, and I think it's the only place you can earn star points is in "Simlywood."
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Do any of the Studio Town lots have skill items? :hmm: There's also a blank lot in Old Town for the player to build on, could always turn that into a library or something for skill building.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

That's a great idea! Every town needs a library!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I just started reading your information on the "generations" in TS1, it's crazy to me that I didn't even know that was an option. Granted, since I never had Makin' Magic, why didn't I ever buy that again? :cover: :shrug: Anyway, it's amazing to me how much was stuffed into the early games, and I find it incredible that even after I have played for over a decade in TS2 I still see things I had never noticed before, so learning all these things about TS1 is super fun!

I have my sims 1 disks around here, although I would have to go find Makin' Magic somewhere.....hmmmm....

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 1 Chat”