We've Got Spirits (July 6, '20)

All sims 3 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (July 5, 19)

Post by snazzle »

snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (July 12, 19)

Post by snazzle »

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hey! I found this on Boolprop! YAAAY!

I had to PM you, after reading it on your wordpress account. I LOVE what you did with this. Your dumpster diving challenge was a blast to read (plus giving me warm fuzzies for seeing my challenge done so well. You beat me! Huzzah! OK, now I need to try it again. LOL!) And I love the way you turned it into an ISBI. So appropriate. The family is adorable, and I can already see little Bailey turning into a mastermind.

I look forward to reading more. But now, I need to get back to my own game, so I can do four more posts this month.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Hooray, you found it! Thanks so much for your sweet comments.. AND for the amazeballs challenge. It's seriously a blast. It makes me want to start all of my other challenges that way.. hehe..
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (July 24, 19)

Post by snazzle »

And a couple more posts this month..
0.11 We Like to Party
0.12 Bailey Gets Inspired
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (July 31, '19)

Post by snazzle »

Final three posts of this SimNaNo month.
0.13 New Neighbors
0.14 We Get a Teen
0.15 Just Eat the Leftovers

(Will hopefully keep posting regularly now, but more like a post every week or two. This whole ten in a month thing was TOUGH.)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I know I've been leaving my comments on the actual wordpress, but wanted to come here and say, LOVED how you did the challenge. The Dumpster Diver part got me to try it out myself, although I'm still in the dumpster diver section but close to being done, and then I debated doing an ISBI as well, you just made it look so fun. I decided, however, not to copy what you did and instead have decided to move her into DITFT...we'll see how it goes. Thanks for such a fun story and Wynan is amazing!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! I just read 0.13, 0.14 and 0.15, and laughed a lot! You are SO funny! Can we vote for heir, already? Too soon? Well, you never know. The teen years can bring a lot of competition, or Brandy may just kill off her children, trying to feed her face when there are leftovers right in front of her. Who knows?
:rofl:
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

I'm so glad y'all have been enjoying Wynan Spirits. Goodness knows I do. *hehe* As for voting for heir, for this first official generation (Jameson or Bailey will count as Gen 1), I'm going to pick. I considered doing a poll, but since I'm also randomly rolling to see things like what career, what kind of couple, how many pg, etc.. after rolling, the results fit one of the two better so I let the rolls decide. Going forward I'll likely do true heir polls. :)
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

And I've done 2 updates this month..
0.16 Hey, the Dishwasher's Broken
0.17 Not Even Our Dog
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I almost never do actual heir polls, unless they are actually required by the challenge. I prefer picking myself, because I usually have PLANS, or at least preferences, but also, you have to give sufficient time for an heir poll, and that means you can't play for a week, at least, while you're actually IN THE MOOD. So, no heir polls for me, unless absolutely necessary, and I don't blame you for not having them, either. I don't think they're required for ISBIs, are they?

Reading 0.16 right now:
Spoiler:
I saw that first pic and said, out loud, "Oh! Mop the puddle first! Mop the puddle first!" Scrolled down. "Aaaaaah!"
Spoiler:
I often roam the house in my undies. And last night, I dreamt I roamed the neighborhood in my undies. It was so real! Wait. Let me go check with my family. I DID sleep, and not sleepWALK, right? RIGHT?! Because I literally tried to do that, once, when I first got on these pain meds. Be right back.
Spoiler:
Yes! Confirmed! It was just a dream. But on the downside, that means I did not, actually, discover a lovely little restaurant in our neighborhood, which I should have knows, because there are no tall buildings in our neighborhood, and those wheelchairs looked too bizarre to be real, anyway. ON WITH TEH STORY!
Spoiler:
HOORAY! HE MADE IT ALIVE! Whew! I was a bit concerned there. Errr, yay? The fire mopped up the puddle he could have mopped in the first place? Actually, I'm surprised Brandy didn't get stuck in an infinite mop loop.
I LOVE the flamingo woes!
OK, so I probably shouldn't root for the villain, but yeah. Bailey has so much more character than Jameson, and she's still a child.
Collection Helper. TOTALLY worth the points!
She certainly can look innocent, alright. She's gonna go far, heir or not.
HAHAHA! That video is hilarious! I usually think of Spinal Tap, myself, but this is going to sit in my mind, now that I've seen it. This guy is funny!
BTW, if you're in Sunset Valley, check out the area around the Science Center. Lots of good stuff there, generally. But yeah, without the collection helper, might as well stick to the dumpsters.
THE FLAMINGOS!
That boy is very pretty, yes. A pretty little idiot. I don't *think* that kids get hit by their own booby traps, but I'm probably wrong, and now I'm actually rooting to be wrong, because that would be hilarious!
A lovely chapater. Now, on to 0.17!
Spoiler:
Smoosh! I must remember that, next time I need to name a fluffy dog. She's adorable, and I'm a cat-lover.
Wynan is childish? I forgot. Look, if he can start a game of tag, he can single-handedly mend the relationship between his offspring. Just invite them both to play tag together. TAG IS MAGIC! Do you know how many sims I have created with the childish trait SPECIFICALLY FOR TAG?! Seriously, get a childish sim with the Most Popular LTW, and you can get your LTW before sundown on your first day. Just go to the most popular, central park, and invite everyone you see to join. Keep looking for people passing by, across the street, standing out front of other venues, within view, and the next thing you know, you have more best friends than you can shake a stick at. And then, you just read Charisma skill all the way up, because you don't even have to worry about your relationships decaying, unless you're a celebrity and scandalize them.
Of course, with Social Networking skill, you can make complete strangers fall in love, if you know them both. Hehehe. Drama.

Well, of course the evil girl likes Smoosh. What's an evil villain without a henchpooch? Especially a big one. But a lapdog to carry and pet ominously is good, as well. Ideally, you get a cat for ominous petting, and a large henchpooch to command to growl and chase and bite and savage her enemies. Yep. Smoosh has got to be her friend.
She's using her eye-white-power to possess Brandy, and command her never to eat leftovers.

Awwwww! What a good widdle big fuzzy wuzzy she is!

Times like this makes me miss the "Influence to kiss" opportunities in Sims 2. But, if you're a rebel, you can dare someone to kiss, so there's that.
You know what this game needs? Screens. Screens and those slatted windows to make a "Florida room" or enclosed porch, where you can sit in the shade, stay dry, and still be "outside" for those "Loves the Outdoors" people, yet "inside" for those "Hates the Outdoors" people, and just have a happy medium. I like enclosed porches. We used to have one, when we lived in Florida. My brother actually made it his bedroom. But my toys were there, too, so his bedroom was my playroom, and thank GOD that my brother is a totally chill dude who likes me and my toys. This sort of thing is what happens in real life, when you can't just expand the house because you got a bonus at work, or found a cool rock, and you have several children. You end up with odd bedroom arrangements. For about six months there, when we were stuck in a small apartment, my sister and I shared a room with a walk-in closet, but kept our clothes in a wardrobe, because my brother slept in the walk-in closet, as there literally was no other room for him, poor guy, because we were not rich.

Brandy IS an idiot, after all. And in that particular pic, it looks like her pants are falling down.

Story Progression is very... ummmm... I'm searching for the right adjective here, and failing.

Hooray!

It's clogged, but it's sparkly clean.

That is not the way to wash one's hair, dude.

OMGSQUEEE! Her jammies and bedding are the same print! She blends right in. I Love it! She's cute and evil and adorable.

SMOOSH! Can you adopt her?

Also, I agree with somebody'sangel. You should at least be able to choose work/school tones. After all, it might be the only way to get them to learn the needed skills, or to get the needed relationships with co-workers. I also think that if you actually managed to get them to earn happiness points, you should be able to spend them. On things like "Office Hero" or "Irresistible" or things like that.
Anyway, great chapters! I laughed right through. :celebration:
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Aug 20, '19)

Post by snazzle »

Another post up! 0.18 Mostly Rain and Kicking And I have been a playing fool, and have weekly posts scheduled up through the end of September. (I thought about releasing them all at once rather than scheduling, but I know myself and when the playing motivation dies, it's dead for months. At least this way I'll have a backlog. LOL)

Michelle - I'm so glad you're enjoying this. I loved your running commentary! I don't think ISBIs force heir polls, but I am admittedly not one for sticking to the rules (I stay close in this one, but some of the rules I modify. Like no, I don't need to kick them out on the day they age up OR ELSE. That's silly. More idiots to cost me points is only gonna hurt me and if I think it's worth it to see them all as young adults before choosing heir, that's what I'll do. LOL) And I'm pretty sure you can spend idiots' Happiness Points, but I get challenge points if I leave those points alone, so I do that. LOL I just hadn't ever considered choosing the tone of work/school. I think I'm gonna allow that.
lcost4nt3

Post by lcost4nt3 »

This looks gooood. Following!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ah! The Flamingo Wars of '19. They will go down in history!

Nice chapter! I love how you show these little pixel people and all their characters.
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Sept 3, '19)

Post by snazzle »

2 more chapters up! (And the next TEN scheduled!! Should be a new Spirits out every Tuesday for the next long while.. Look, I'm on top of a thing!)

0.19 Parties & Plumbing
0.20 Not Wynan's Day
llamazing

Re: We've Got Spirits (Sept 3, '19)

Post by llamazing »

I'm definitely going to keep up with this! I'm reading the first chapter and having a blast. The alligator part was my favourite.

I had no idea the dumpster challenge existed, and now I'm kind of disappointed that it doesn't exist for TS4. We need dumpsters in this game!
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Sept 11, '19)

Post by snazzle »

Isn't the challenge fun? Perfect for me to actually be able to complete. LOL

A new chapter is up! 0.21 Nobody Almost Dies!
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Oct 10, '19)

Post by snazzle »

And in typical me fashion, I have forgotten to update this post for like a month. Here's the four chapters that just got linked here:
0.22 Bailey's NOT Pleased
0.23 A Little Romance
0.24 Wynan Passes the Torch

1.1 A Whole New World
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Oct 10, '19)

Post by ciyrose »

Love all the updates so far! This family is just so much fun to read about. I love it!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Re: We've Got Spirits (Nov 22, '19)

Post by snazzle »

Here, have a handful more updates that I forgot to post! LOL

1.2 Wrapping Up the First Term