The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *Updated 04/11/23*

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *Updated 04/11/23*

Post by Salem »

So, after having to take a hiatus from my last random legacy, and discovering that I usually forget what I was doing in my games if I don't write about it ... I decided to start another one from scratch.

This is gonna be an Inverse Alphabecy, meaning that the first gen's kid is gonna be named 1with Z, gen 2 kids will be Y, then X, and so on until we reach A

You can find the rules of the challenge Here in case you want to try it yourself, I can assure it's a lot of fun! And my legacy itself it's gonna be posted Here

Direct links to the chapters:

Founding Generation: Aiden Novak Generation Z: Zachary Novak Generation Y: Yadira Novak
Gen Goals
3.1: Dorm life
3.2: Home for the holidays
Last edited by Salem on November 4th, 2023, 12:27 am, edited 20 times in total.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Random legacies are so fun! I started out my legacy as a random one before my brain had different ideas.

Selling artifacts is a great way to make money, so hopefully Janelle and Aiden can start expanding their house soon!

They do make a super cute couple, and now they have Fisget joining the family as well.

I also like that you decided to give them families of their own.

Good luck on completing 26 generations, and I look forward to reading more!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Random legacies are so fun! I started out my legacy as a random one before my brain had different ideas.

Selling artifacts is a great way to make money, so hopefully Janelle and Aiden can start expanding their house soon!

They do make a super cute couple, and now they have Fisget joining the family as well.

I also like that you decided to give them families of their own.

Good luck on completing 26 generations, and I look forward to reading more!
Spoiler:
Thanks for reading! and yeah, I really love not knowing exactly what to expect for the next gen until it comes!
I've noticed about the artifacts! I haven't played much with jungle explorer before this so I didn't expect some of them selling for 8k+ xD that's gonna help for sure
And I'm glad you like them and their families too :D I don't mind legacy starts but when I saw Aiden's parents I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of them xD I'm pretty happy with how all turned out
I have a new chapter ready right here!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Oh wow they’re going to be in for an interesting time with Fidget!

Aiden must really love the business career because my sims tend to get bored too. It’s good to have a job you love though!

I’ve noticed Brindleton Bay is really rainy or really snowy.

It’s always so sad when pets run away. I’m glad Fidget came home!

Exploring the temples is so fun, but the skeletons can be a little creepy. It seems like a good trip for them since no one got sick!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh wow they’re going to be in for an interesting time with Fidget!

Aiden must really love the business career because my sims tend to get bored too. It’s good to have a job you love though!

I’ve noticed Brindleton Bay is really rainy or really snowy.

It’s always so sad when pets run away. I’m glad Fidget came home!

Exploring the temples is so fun, but the skeletons can be a little creepy. It seems like a good trip for them since no one got sick!
Spoiler:
Fidget has been one of the funniest pets I've had so far xD I don't know if it is because this challenge is pretty relaxed or because she's active and she's always doing something, but I'm having a blast playing with here! and yeah, deffinitely happy that she came back as quick as she did!

Oh yeah, looks like Aiden was the right got for that job! And Janelle too since she's been pretty lucky with the jungle explorations so far! Also, thanks for the heads up on Brindleton bay :O I'm gonna get ready for winter then!
Thanks always for reading ;) I have a new update HERE
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 6/25*

Post by 108sims »

You're welcome! I'm having fun reading. :)
Spoiler:
Poor Janelle! I feel like that's something that would happen to me. I would definitely just lay in the puddle after falling too.

Fidget is still the best dog.

I'm guessing a baby is on the way. :lol: And just a few pictures later, I was right!

I always love seeing what MCCC has in store for my townies. I've had another sim like Kiera. She didn't look pregnant the whole time. Must be a glitch?

I didn't know about toddlers getting stuck because of that, so thanks for the information! It was driving me crazy with my Name Game toddlers.

Hooray for babies!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 8/1*

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:You're welcome! I'm having fun reading. :)
Spoiler:
Poor Janelle! I feel like that's something that would happen to me. I would definitely just lay in the puddle after falling too.

Fidget is still the best dog.

I'm guessing a baby is on the way. :lol: And just a few pictures later, I was right!

I always love seeing what MCCC has in store for my townies. I've had another sim like Kiera. She didn't look pregnant the whole time. Must be a glitch?

I didn't know about toddlers getting stuck because of that, so thanks for the information! It was driving me crazy with my Name Game toddlers.

Hooray for babies!
Spoiler:
It would totally happen to me too lol I'm super clumsy!
She really is! I'm so happy we found her and so quickly too! And yeah, we had a second generation to produce after all! xD
Same! it's a lot of fun,specially with surprises like that with Keira lol and at first I thought it was a thing with the clothes, but yeah, maybe it's a glitch!
And that glitch was the most annoying thing ever lol! Good thing they fixed it, now I'm just waiting until the fix that other glitch that make sims only eat half a plate of food before putting it down xD
After a little break for SimNaNoWriMo... next chapter is aviable HERE! a tiny update but I'm hoping to update more fequently now!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 8/1*

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Yes I hated that glitch. At least it was fixed before I started with my 20 babies generation of my name game lol! The food glitch is annoying too. I have to keep a close eye on everyone when they eat.

I didn't know the toilet breath moodlet was a thing. That's hilarious!

I always wish babies would have the exact skintone they'd grow up with instead of only the 3 different skintones. It's frustrating with custom skins too because you have no idea what they'll look like!

Yay a new dog!

The dogs just want everyone to remember they are there even though they have to compete with the baby now for competition.

Zachary is cute!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 10/05*

Post by Salem »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Yes I hated that glitch. At least it was fixed before I started with my 20 babies generation of my name game lol! The food glitch is annoying too. I have to keep a close eye on everyone when they eat.

I didn't know the toilet breath moodlet was a thing. That's hilarious!

I always wish babies would have the exact skintone they'd grow up with instead of only the 3 different skintones. It's frustrating with custom skins too because you have no idea what they'll look like!

Yay a new dog!

The dogs just want everyone to remember they are there even though they have to compete with the baby now for competition.

Zachary is cute!
Spoiler:
I'm still waiting for them to fix the food glitch xD but yrah, at least the other one was taken care off, specially with 20 kids lol!

I didn't either! another of those tiny details that make the game fun xD

I know! I get that babies don't get that much focus because they don't do much, but I miss how you could see their gens at that age in the sims 2!

I can't say no to dogs, in any game xD I'm reconsidering my idea of living in Brindleton Bay because I know if I don't stop myself I'm gonna end with no space for babies because I just keep adopting dogs xD andyeah, dogs are as needy as toddlers are, just like real life!

and he really is! wait until you see him as a kid!
New chapter is finally HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It's hard not to adopt all the animals! :D Hopefully Fidget will still be around for a while. That's the hardest part for me about sim pets.

Yeah the playdates are a little weird. Usually the parent does show up with the toddler too, but it's strange how you have to know the toddler first!

It's cute to see all the toddlers together. :)

I had no idea that elder pets could get pregnant! How odd.

Zac and Bubbles are both cute!
[align=center]Image
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I'mk back into the game!! hey there~
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
It's hard not to adopt all the animals! :D Hopefully Fidget will still be around for a while. That's the hardest part for me about sim pets.

Yeah the playdates are a little weird. Usually the parent does show up with the toddler too, but it's strange how you have to know the toddler first!

It's cute to see all the toddlers together. :)

I had no idea that elder pets could get pregnant! How odd.

Zac and Bubbles are both cute!
Spoiler:
Yeah, and I already have to estrain myself from adopting all the pets IRL, so I'm definitely taking advantage of the sims on that lol! more doggies means a better family!
Yeah deffinitely they need to make some changes to the playdate system lol but it was a funny case of sims logic
I still believe Fidget getting pregnant was a bug xD but I mean, I can't complain as I got a puppy out of it! And yeah, I know I say this all the time, but I think Zac is one of my favorite kids!
And chapter 1.6 is now ready HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 02/26!*

Post by 108sims »

Welcome back!
Spoiler:
I love the pictures of all the pups by the stereo. Puppy dance party!

I always feel so weird when sims age up to Adults. They still have a whole age stage left, and they have their time as an elder left, but I feel like they're getting so old already!

She needs to be attacked by spiders for her aspiration? Poor Janelle! :O

Noooo he can't die!

I hated vacation homework too. Who wants to do schoolwork on vacation?

Not Fidget too! This is too sad of an update. :(

He needs to drink away his sorrows after losing his puppies.

Johnny Zest Jr. :lol:

Hooray for more dogs :D
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 02/26!*

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Aiden and Novelle are already so cute together from the intro pic alone, haha! Jungle Explorer career sounds fun, I ought to actually go to the jungle in TS3 at some point. : P Fidget the beagle-ish dog is adorable. I'm so happy they adopted Fidget! Love the sisters bonding on the ice rink as well, it's nice how you show all the sweet family moments in this legacy. Seeing Janelle sad over Fidget running off actually breaks my heart, it always makes me sad when the Sims get sad over their missing pet :( Love the long shot of the temple as well, the architecture in Selvadorada is real nice. I love Janelle's reaction to the skeleton : P

So cute when Fidget 'sings' to the stereo! Also love all the jungle pics in 1.3. Can't believe they Woohooed in the bush, wondered if they got lucky enough to create Gen Two? ...Yes they did, so excited! : D Zachary is so cute! The updated house looks real nice ~ I see in the 1.4 header pic that Fidget has the cone of shame! : P Welcome Chester the sick doggo! Also bless Dog the Dog. I did notice that Cat is on the random name list for cats as well :P Zac and Chester look so cute playing together. Love the playdate and the toddler play area! I really love the playroom in the house too ~ Cool to see Aiden go into management as well! Harvestfest gnomes are always fun, my Sims always get electrocuted. Excited for fidget's puppers! I love seeing all the puppies in almost every screenshot in 1.6. It's a cute game of 'spot the puppy' : P

RIP Chester and Fidget ;o; I love Bubbles and the cute harness! I love the malamute! I thought it was a shiba inu at first.
Really enjoyed reading this :)
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 03/05!*

Post by Salem »

108Sims
108sims wrote:Welcome back!
Spoiler:
I love the pictures of all the pups by the stereo. Puppy dance party!

I always feel so weird when sims age up to Adults. They still have a whole age stage left, and they have their time as an elder left, but I feel like they're getting so old already!

She needs to be attacked by spiders for her aspiration? Poor Janelle! :O

Noooo he can't die!

I hated vacation homework too. Who wants to do schoolwork on vacation?

Not Fidget too! This is too sad of an update. :(

He needs to drink away his sorrows after losing his puppies.

Johnny Zest Jr. :lol:

Hooray for more dogs :D
Thanks! It feels really good to be back!
Spoiler:
All this dog family loves music and I just think that's adorable! One of my favorite details about them!
Yeah, it's a little weird but at the same time I kinda like it, it feels like progress is being made xD
ANd yes, I think she needs to "defend herself from three jungle dangers" or something like that xD thankfully, she had the right supplies to come out without a scrath xD
Yeah, I knew they were gonna be gonne soon, but it was still really sad :( I still think that Bubbles being born helped a little with the hit though, at least they're not totally gonne! And having Grant also helps!
Yup I love how the name was totally accidental lol

LuckyDuck
LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
Aiden and Novelle are already so cute together from the intro pic alone, haha! Jungle Explorer career sounds fun, I ought to actually go to the jungle in TS3 at some point. : P Fidget the beagle-ish dog is adorable. I'm so happy they adopted Fidget! Love the sisters bonding on the ice rink as well, it's nice how you show all the sweet family moments in this legacy. Seeing Janelle sad over Fidget running off actually breaks my heart, it always makes me sad when the Sims get sad over their missing pet :( Love the long shot of the temple as well, the architecture in Selvadorada is real nice. I love Janelle's reaction to the skeleton : P

So cute when Fidget 'sings' to the stereo! Also love all the jungle pics in 1.3. Can't believe they Woohooed in the bush, wondered if they got lucky enough to create Gen Two? ...Yes they did, so excited! : D Zachary is so cute! The updated house looks real nice ~ I see in the 1.4 header pic that Fidget has the cone of shame! : P Welcome Chester the sick doggo! Also bless Dog the Dog. I did notice that Cat is on the random name list for cats as well :P Zac and Chester look so cute playing together. Love the playdate and the toddler play area! I really love the playroom in the house too ~ Cool to see Aiden go into management as well! Harvestfest gnomes are always fun, my Sims always get electrocuted. Excited for fidget's puppers! I love seeing all the puppies in almost every screenshot in 1.6. It's a cute game of 'spot the puppy' : P

RIP Chester and Fidget ;o; I love Bubbles and the cute harness! I love the malamute! I thought it was a shiba inu at first.
Really enjoyed reading this :)
I'm glad you're enjoying the story! Is good to have you here :D
Spoiler:
I really like Janelle and Aiden together! I feel they complement eachother really well! And yeah, the jungle is one of my favorite packs from the sims 4 so I'm having a lot of fun with the career!
Fidget was the best doggie we could have found! I was ecstatic when I found she was Active, just wat my active sims needed! And yeah, its always sad when the run away, luckily it wsn't for long!
The temple is beautiful! all the sights at Selvadorada are actually gorgeous, I love those worlds with more vegetation, like Sulani and Granite falls! And yep, I love those skelletons lol they're hilarious

Fidget singing is still of my favorite things in this savefile!
Bush woohoo is funny lol and I thought that it was the perfect place to try for a baby since Janelle loves outdoors, so we went for it xD Zac has to be one of my favorite born-in-game sims ever! he's too cute!
yeah, I had spayed Fidget because I wasn't planning on puppes, but when Chester came into the picture I decided to give it a try xD I don't regret it, Bubbles really made the lost of her parents a lot easier on me and on the Novaks
Thngs are going pretty well for the family! I like having a small family for a change, I almost always have too many sims and it gets chaotic, so it's a nice change of pace for now lol
I usually get lucky with the gnomes, so it was funny that these ones just didn't want to cooperate lol harvestfest is one of the funnier holidays for sure!
I feel like this whole save is gonna be a game of spot the puppy! lol they're just everywhere, I really love it! and I'm glad you like our new pup! He really looks a lot like a shiba inu now that you say it! I think he's just a little bigger!
Just posted another update! chapter 1.7 is ready HERE!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Fidget is just so precious. It's nice to see her even if it's as a ghost.

I love Bubbles little sweater.

No one wants to see their parents kissing no matter what age. :lol:

I really like how you have family get togethers. Who knows what two kids could have gotten up to unsupervised in the city, in the middle of the night!

I really hate when the game has sims cheat like that.

Janelle has a ton of skills!

I always test out my relics on random sims walking by lol

Rude! Wolfgang is banned!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like putting up decorations. It's mainly because I'm too lazy, and I want all the decorations to just already magically be there.

Zac's looking good! Can't wait to see what he gets up to as a teen.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Poor Fidget, I miss the dog too ;n; Poor Grant falling asleep, gotta love couch potato dogs in TS4 : P Janelle and Aiden are still cuties! Love Zac's cat mattress! Love grow up Zac too!
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Novak Random Legacy Challenge *updated 03/18!*

Post by Salem »

108Sims
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Fidget is just so precious. It's nice to see her even if it's as a ghost.

I love Bubbles little sweater.

No one wants to see their parents kissing no matter what age. :lol:

I really like how you have family get togethers. Who knows what two kids could have gotten up to unsupervised in the city, in the middle of the night!

I really hate when the game has sims cheat like that.

Janelle has a ton of skills!

I always test out my relics on random sims walking by lol

Rude! Wolfgang is banned!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like putting up decorations. It's mainly because I'm too lazy, and I want all the decorations to just already magically be there.

Zac's looking good! Can't wait to see what he gets up to as a teen.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Fidget is still one of my favorite dogs ever! I just love her! And I love it too :D I don't usually put sweaters on big dogs so I took the chance this time!
Exactly lol but Zac has to get used to it, Aiden and Janelle are a pretty hands-on couple!
I usually don't do that many parties/get togethers, but the generation roll asked for it and it honestly works so well for storytelling! that's what I love about this challenge, it really makes you try stuff you don't usually do!
I hate it too! I really was so mad, not like the funny angry when Salem flirted with Supriya lol so yah, Wolfgang is not welcome anymore
she does! not many are really high or anything though lol but the jungle exploring needs a lot of skills!
yeah, I'm too lazy too xD I guess it's another thing sims have better than us, I would die for a magic box that just decorates my house like I want with a click!
He's a good looking guy for sure! I'm super excited for more adventures with him!

LuckyDuck
LuckyDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
Poor Fidget, I miss the dog too ;n; Poor Grant falling asleep, gotta love couch potato dogs in TS4 : P Janelle and Aiden are still cuties! Love Zac's cat mattress! Love grow up Zac too!
Spoiler:
We all miss Fidget! but it's nice to see her again, that's why I love ghosts in this game!
They are! they're one of my favorite couples I think! and Zac is an stylish teen for sure! I love when my kids grew into teens and I can really see how they look!

Thanks for reading :D there's a new update ready for you HERE!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
wow growing up so fast (I thought I had posted on this story but I hadn't0 I like puppies
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Sulani is honestly probably my favorite world. It's really hard for me not just to take scenery pictures each time I visit lol!

Nice to see Ghost!Chester.

I love when sims randomly T pose. It's so funny. :lol:

Maybe Janelle is still mad about the cheating?

He could be a wild jungle toddler!

All the good looking sims are unromancable.

I'm excited for puppies! Dogs and sim dogs are just so cute.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Loving the sand sculpture, and hello ghost Chester! Loving the dog pics! Woo Aiden mastered Charisma! I didn't know the Flower Bunny was a thing, so cute! Love the longshot of Sulani! I love when the sims dance with the dog as well.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”