[TS4: OFftS] Alien Adoption Challenge (COMPLETE 04/01/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OFftS- Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 25/12/19]

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter is up! Quite an important one too.

Chapter 7- Back to the Lion's Den
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OFftS- Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 27/12/19]

Post by 108sims »

I read this earlier, but I needed to read it again to comment properly.
Spoiler:
Honestly I'm glad Ripp didn't forgive Buzz. It's so true that people expect you to forget any horrible thing someone's done once they're dead or dying, but it really doesn't work that way. Their actions have been done, and there's no wiping them away and making someone out to be a better person. They way Buzz treated his sons, especially Ripp and Buck was horrendous, and he shouldn't expect forgiveness. You're right for some people, that helps, but it doesn't help everyone.

I'm also glad that Buzz will end up in a different afterlife because of his actions. It's nice that death was able to pass along a message to Lyla for Ripp.

Good for Ripp for setting boundaries with his family. It's been a long time coming. I hope he can slowly start to heal now.

I enjoyed this chapter, and you have a lot of similar views to me regarding this subject matter, which is honestly refreshing to see.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:I read this earlier, but I needed to read it again to comment properly.
Spoiler:
Honestly I'm glad Ripp didn't forgive Buzz. It's so true that people expect you to forget any horrible thing someone's done once they're dead or dying, but it really doesn't work that way. Their actions have been done, and there's no wiping them away and making someone out to be a better person. They way Buzz treated his sons, especially Ripp and Buck was horrendous, and he shouldn't expect forgiveness. You're right for some people, that helps, but it doesn't help everyone.

I'm also glad that Buzz will end up in a different afterlife because of his actions. It's nice that death was able to pass along a message to Lyla for Ripp.

Good for Ripp for setting boundaries with his family. It's been a long time coming. I hope he can slowly start to heal now.

I enjoyed this chapter, and you have a lot of similar views to me regarding this subject matter, which is honestly refreshing to see.
108sims- I always look forward to reading your thoughts ^u^ Thank you!
Spoiler:
Yeah there's always so much like 'forgive others no matter what!!' spam, especially on social media...Like, you forgive people for accidentally snapping at you on the rare occasion, or if they accidentally stand on your toe...No-one should have to forgive over abuse/toxicity. Yeah when the Reaper appeared in game I was like, 'Ooh, I can get Ripp to have a chat with Grim since Ripp believes in all that stuff! (Also at one point their conversation turned Flirty...seriously. Ripp, keep it in your pants, will you? Grim's not just dead...He's death itself!) But yeah for Ripp this is a big step up for him, it's not his family walking all over him but it's him stepping in like 'Alright, I'm putting my foot down with your sorry ass and you're going to start answering to me.' I think Tank is possibly even slightly scared of this new version of Ripp : P I'm really glad that you're enjoying the portrayals of everything as well- I'm looking a lot into psychology websites and people's experiences online to make sure the emotional abuse/depression and stuff is all portrayed in as realistic a way as possible, without trivialising or glamorising either subject.

Thanks for commenting- and a little hint: The next interlude will be from a character we haven't seen in a while! : 3
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter is up!

Chapter 8 Interlude- Xenos
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I definitely think you're doing a good job of portraying these sensitive topics.

Also of course Ripp would get flirty around the Grim Reaper :lol:.

I doesn't surprise me that sims on earth still wouldn't trust the aliens even if they had a sort of piece treaty. People are always afraid of the unknown.

I'm still not sure if the Sixam aliens intended to go to war, but the whole adoption program seems awfully suspicious.

Ugh it's so gross that he wants to get rid of the consent law.

I'm glad Xenos is going rouge so to speak and fighting for what she believes in.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I definitely think you're doing a good job of portraying these sensitive topics.

Also of course Ripp would get flirty around the Grim Reaper :lol:.

I doesn't surprise me that sims on earth still wouldn't trust the aliens even if they had a sort of piece treaty. People are always afraid of the unknown.

I'm still not sure if the Sixam aliens intended to go to war, but the whole adoption program seems awfully suspicious.

Ugh it's so gross that he wants to get rid of the consent law.

I'm glad Xenos is going rouge so to speak and fighting for what she believes in.
108sims- Thank you again for your usual loveliness and kindness < 3
Spoiler:
IKR? 'Ripp, he's DEAD, God damn it! Cool it off!' XD Yeah Xir Aurum is an absolute melt and only cares for his own species and wants to bring them back into the stone age. Lucky, there are plenty of Sixamians who completely oppose him and think he's scum and would do anything to see him exiled or worse! And yeah exactly, just because there's supposed peace doesn't always mean that people don't hold prejudiced viewpoints. But yeah Xenos helped with the program to help the toddlers, and she is NOT happy she's been completely lied to!
Thanks again < 33
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter is up!

Chapter 9
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- An Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 28/12/19]

Post by ciyrose »

Oh wow, I'm already so behind in this challenge. Must spend some time catching up soon!

The second chapter was great though and what a twist you ended up getting with the abduction and baby.....will have to read more soon.
Last edited by ciyrose on December 29th, 2019, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Ciyrose - no rush! ^u^ I’ve completed the challenge part of the challenge, but still need to finish off the storypart of the challenge. Just need a nice few hours to properly play TS4 but have very little time : (
Spoiler:
IKR? The abduction was such a surprise XD
Last edited by LuckyDuck on December 30th, 2019, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter is up!

Chapter 10

Now I’m nearing the end of this challenge I would really appreciate it if any new readers could please use spoiler tags wherever you can as to not spoil the surprises! I’ve seen some people not use them when commenting on legacies and such so I’d appreciate it ~
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- TS4 Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 30/12/19]

Post by 108sims »

I got a little behind. I'm sad it's almost over :(
Spoiler:
I am glad Xira apologized because even if Ripp is okay, I did feel like she sort of pressured him.

Maybe Ripp and Xira can work together to stop them from abolishing the consent laws!

It's so funny to have an alien conspiracy theorist. :lol:

I can't believe Jack's a teenager now too! Ripp gave him some solid advice.

Aw Ripp gets a little romance and a date.

No! I hope Ripp's able to get Olivia back. I'm worried about the other kids too.

I guess there's nothing Ripp can do if no one was able to find, so it was best to head home. Still I would be worried about leaving Sixam. Who knows how much worse things will get there?

Ooo interesting! I'm wondering how the others on Sixam, especially the ones who wanted to reverse the more progressive policies, would feel about a partially human matriarch.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims wrote:I got a little behind. I'm sad it's almost over :(
Spoiler:
I am glad Xira apologized because even if Ripp is okay, I did feel like she sort of pressured him.

Maybe Ripp and Xira can work together to stop them from abolishing the consent laws!

It's so funny to have an alien conspiracy theorist. :lol:

I can't believe Jack's a teenager now too! Ripp gave him some solid advice.

Aw Ripp gets a little romance and a date.

No! I hope Ripp's able to get Olivia back. I'm worried about the other kids too.

I guess there's nothing Ripp can do if no one was able to find, so it was best to head home. Still I would be worried about leaving Sixam. Who knows how much worse things will get there?

Ooo interesting! I'm wondering how the others on Sixam, especially the ones who wanted to reverse the more progressive policies, would feel about a partially human matriarch.
108sims- I love hearing from you as always!
Spoiler:
Yeah in all honesty that was more a dialogue writing error on my part, so instead I spun it into the story that it was not how she meant to come across to him. I started thinking that when Olivia mentioned about periods to her dad, that's when deep down he realised the kids would need a mother figure. And then she auto-flirted with him in game and I just went for it. XD Apparently everyone in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs wants a slice of him, even the Grim Reaper...

Neither can I, he's a mess though- he has CONSTANT mood swings. Olivia only had a few but Jack is just constanly annoyed or mortified. : P Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they take to a human being the father of the new matriarch. I always imagined Sims aliens being a matriarchal society with a sort of small government and then a queen-like figure, I guess (very slightly) similar to bees.
Thanks so much for keeping up with this by the way ~ And I'm sad it's almost over too because I'm having fun with this XD
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It could be different perspectives/memories of the conversation too. Like since it's in first person is Ripp a reliable narrator? I mean he his, but it's another way to look at it.
Ripp just wanted some lovin' :lol:. I kind of think of Sixam society that way too. I always thought it'd be fun if I ever tried to do a queen bee challenge to make it alien themed.

Cow Plant! Good luck keep yours alive. They're always tricky for me.

Ripp's house is looking really nice.

Maybe I'm being cliche, but I think having the matriarch be born from love instead of just a ritual could make her more special.

Also it's interesting to know that there have been other instances of the father being human.

The game just knows when you want something to happen, and makes it as difficult as possible!
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thanks again for your comment ^u^
Spoiler:
Honestly Jack keeps getting eaten by the cow plant; I have to keep remembering to get Ripp to feed her all the time. Yeah it could be a perspective issue maybe. I might even go back to the old chapter and rewrite the scene on the ship a bit so it sounds less dubious because it wasn’t my intent at all for itto sound that way |D Omg yes a Queen Bee Challenge would be awesome! I might keep the Sixamian Matriarch around for a challenge sometime. Yeah it is in a way, most would just be between some woman who got lucky enough and some Sixamian alien guy who would be like ‘yeah sounds cool lmao’, so to have it be born between two people who love each other is a fun one.
Thanks again ~
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- TS4 Alien Adoption Challenge [UPDATE 01/01/20]

Post by LuckyDuck »

Happy New Year! New year, new chapter!
Chapter 11
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: OFftS- TS4 Alien Adoption Challenge [Updated 01/01/20]

Post by 108sims »

Happy New Year :D
Spoiler:
Maybe Jack just wants the experience of being eaten by a cow plant?

I do hope Ripp will be okay since this pregnancy is more extreme than the last.

I’m so happy Ripp has gained some confidence!

It’s nice to see other aliens that are accepting of humans.

I’m sure the alien kids in the crash were meant for something more. Maybe it is for war?
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Happy New Year! < 3
Spoiler:
Honestly Jack needs to stay away from that cow plant XD Yeah the Matriarch doesn’t make things easy, not even born yet and she’s already acting like a little princess!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Yay it's Johnny again!

I'm glad Ripp got reunite with his old friend too. :)

Yes Johnny make him sweat! Make him crack under pressure!

I'm glad Johnny was able to find them.

I don't know how safe it is to bring Ripp to talk to Xir...
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”