Some Sort of Legacy: Finale!

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 7! (28th Jan!)

Post by Sam »

peachy123uk:
Spoiler:
It seems they kept the same aesthetic between the two games :D Well, I'd heard some rumours about adoption, but I'll mention more about it in the next update.
108sims:
Spoiler:
They were brilliant! I didn't know they had roller coasters in TS3? That's pretty cool!

I wonder if there's sleeping bags and stuff inside? Because honestly it looks like they sleep on sand.

That's good to know! Most of the family have similar personalities, which explains why I only had one or two naked hot tubbers.

Downtown has a pretty nice aesthetic!

It was pretty progressive at the time, but I suppose looking back it's shocking how much is missing for LGBT+ sims?? It's kind of crazy how far things have come since then.

Yeah :( I don't like killing sims off.
nooboostar:
That's a good point, I haven't used the servo in ages. I wonder if you can have both a servo & Bonehilda going at once.
He really is obsessed! It seems possible, although I have no idea. Would be worth looking into it! I really don't like killing sims, but needs must.
Thank you so much! :)

----

Thanks guys! :hug:
Chapter 7 is up now!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I already love the title of this chapter. :D

That's a strange way to dance!

That's strange that the adoption option never came up. I thought that was possible, but I haven't played TS1 in so long.

I love how so much is always happening with this family.

You can never have too many gnomes!

The pink poodle is cute. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
dragons I don't remember dragons love the chapter
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Chapter 8! (2nd Feb!)

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
I have a lot of fun naming chapters :lol:

I think they were slow dancing and dipping one another.

I thought it was possible too, but it didn't seem to be happening. Maybe I should've kept trying and it would have happened eventually?

It's bonkers to play through!

I completely agree :lol:

I love the poodle, I'm so glad the family have one!
peachy123uk:
Spoiler:
Yep! There were dragons! Glad you enjoyed it :)
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
It was a busy one!

I don't like killing them off! It would next to impossible to play this family if death by fright was possible. He's certainly got an interesting look to him! I couldn't resist, and somehow, it works? :lol: I feel like Tux is just keeping himself busy, poor guy. Tux is definitely one of my favourites :heart: I love dragons, but the inevitable fires do make me hesitate before adding them to the family! The other colours are red & yellow, the red one is supposed to be worst for causing fire. Sheldon's apathy was so funny :lol:

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

I might boot the game up and check out the servo, bonehilda, butler thing as well, just to see :D
----

Thank you guys so much :hug: and for the golden plumbobs nomination!
Chapter 8 is up now!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I like how normal Amy the poodle's name is compared to everyone else's. :D

I don't even remember the dragon's at all, so it's cool seeing one!

Amy and torch playing together is too cute. It's like the dragon is just another pet.

Well that's a new one! Making your dog human and marrying her. :eek:

Poor Sheldon! Things really didn't work out for him.

"What do you mean you were the dog" :rotfl:

I was going to say Ben is pretty normal of a name. I've watched three sci-fi/fantasy things with a Ben in it, so it is fitting in it's own way.

I love Tuxedo wearing his tuxedo in the hot tub.

Noooo bad Torch!

Things are really starting to go down hill for the family. :(

Torch went on a rampage, it was probably for the best to get rid of him.
[align=center]Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
no comeback torch (just put up the fires) Love the dog being turned into a human and marrying her. Loved the update I will be sad when you have finished.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I reckon it's so cool how you're trying to convert a legacy to TS1. I've only played the PC versiona little, but I recently re-bought my copy of the TS1 port for the PS2, since my old one was scratched up. Can't wait to get cracking on old-school Sims again! I've only read Chapter 1 though so far!
Spoiler:
Tuxedo Jones is such a great name, I love him already! I love some of the names, especially Deadward Strange. Sounds like an edgy 'original character' name or something! TBH the spritework in the old games is strangely good, isn't it? I love the shading on that shiny inflatable-looking sofa thing. I love the fact that stoves just randomly decide to set fire as well- Tuxedo looks as confused as I was when it would just burst into flames out of nowhere! Love the Beast Charm as well, honestly TS1 werewolves look cooler than the TS2/TS3 ones IMO. Before you said the cats were fighting, I actually thought they were legit dancing. XD Congrats on getting married, Tux! Sure was easier than it was on PS2 TS1... 'Sorry, I'm not going to marry you unless you cook me one meal and talk to me twice.'
Love this so far!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Some Sort of Legacy: Finale! (5th Feb!)

Post by Sam »

108sims:
Spoiler:
I named Amy and then realised her name was ordinary compared to everyone else :lol: I really like it that way, though!

I wasn't very good at keeping dragons back in the day!

It's great seeing them interact! Dragons don't have a thumbnail in the family panel, so it's a way to have a pet without taken up a slot in the family.

It's a little unusual, right? :lol: The Jones are a unique family.

It's a shame, because I really liked him.

:D :D

Yeah I didn't pick it. But I like it :) We just watched Star Wars the other day, and your comment made me think of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren.

He really is the best!

Torch did cause me a few problems :( It was a real shame, because I loved having a dragon, but I just couldn't take it anymore!
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
I had to use the spell at least once, right? :) It was a shame she died though. The large family does make it a little easier on Boots, bless him. It was a shame to lose Sheldon, too.

Torch is supposed to start the fewest fires! The red & yellow dragons are meant to be worse. What colour you get is determined by how many times you interact with the unhatched egg. Maybe you're better with them than me :lol: It's very bittersweet, coming to the end.

I hope the finale doesn't disappoint!
peachy123uk:
Spoiler:
I wish I could've kept Torch but it was all a bit much! It's a spell I had to use before the challenge ended :lol: I'm so glad you're enjoying it, and hope the ending doesn't disappoint.
LuckyDuck:
Spoiler:
Thank you! I think it's great that people get to see what this funny old game was like, quite a few people have never played it! We did have some struggles getting it to run on Windows 10 though :lol:

I couldn't resist giving him that name :lol: I love Deadward Strange, it sounds like someone's emo alter ego! There's something brilliant about the old aesthetic, it truly is wonderful! I love the inflatable sofa :D I swear fire is so much more likely in TS1 than any other Sims game! I think there's a fire in almost every chapter :lol: The Beauty or Beast charm is definitely one of my favourites, the skins are so cool! The werewolf one is particularly great. They definitely looked like they were dancing, didn't they? :lol: I think there's a lot of that if you get married the traditional, non-magical way! :D

So glad you're enjoying it :heart:
----

Thanks guys, so glad you're enjoying this little challenge! :hug:
Here's a bittersweet update, though, it's time for the finale!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
:cry: no not the end, I have really enjoyed watch you play the sims 1 again. Watching all the things that can happen. And I think climbing the beanstalk was a great way to end things
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I can't believe it's the finale!
Spoiler:
Ghosts, and bears oh my!

I just love this family so much. Wackiness and all!

Awe Lucy is an Australian Shepherd! I always adopted that dog when I tried to recreate my own family.

Somehow I think the farmer clothes fit.

I can't believe that you've played 70 days so far!

I'm loving the 30 days of nonsense. :D

That's awkward that there isn't any family flags. :x

I didn't know about alien abductions in TS1!

Congrats on making it to 100 days! :wizard:

Climbing the beanstalk was a good way to end it! (I will never be over how amazing and bizarre that is either)
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

So I totally missed the last few chapters....whoops, but I have read them now!

Chapter 6:
Spoiler:
Oh my gosh, the obsessed fan on vacation, watching the tent. That kind really kind of creepy, but also totally fun in a sim way.

That' hot tub, I forgot that's what it looked like. Seems to fit perfectly into this yard. :) Also the money piles are perfect. This doesn't say "white trash" at ALL.

Blue looks good as an adult!

Gotta love those neat freak sims randomly cleaning your house for you. Also, the gnome blocking the car had me cracking up.

Oh, well bye Eloisa. lol, I didn't see that coming, but I get it.
Chapter 7:
Spoiler:
Well to be fair to Peanut, this is completely normal....for Huge it probably is by now. He's been inducted and become used to it.

You know, I wish I was a sim that could just hang out in the hot tub to talk to people. :)

Oh, sorry Ester. Guess the spouses are the easiest to go. Although maybe not depending, I'm sure Pickles and Huge are pretty good. Those decays are sure fast in TS1, for everything it feels like.

I forgot how weird the TS1 ghosts look...wow, so many memories.

Boots is a cutie! I had no idea about some of these spells. It's so much fun!

Wow, you've never seen cotton candy on a stick? That used to be the only way I would get it, with a bag around it but on a paper stick. Wow....I think I'm old. I'm pretty sure they still use a stick to get the wad of cotton candy, but just remove it from the stick now, where they used to leave it. Carnivals is where I used to get it a lot.

Hey, Boots doesn't look bad grown-up either.

Oh boy, a dragon egg! That fame drops pretty quickly apparently if Peanut doesn't have any stars anymore.

Oh boy, a dog to go along with the potential dragon, this should be fun. lol Torch the purple dragon with Amy the pink poodle....yep, make totaly sense for this family.
Chapter 8:
Spoiler:
Oh good, dragons eat flowers....not poodles. :P That is interesting though, and yeah, no wonder the past dragons were unhappy.

Aww, playing dragon and dog...cute.

Oh wow, did not see the puppy becoming a human. She's at least pretty. lol

Haha, by Sheldon who no one but Blue likes. Poor Sheldon, but he was the easy one to lift out. :D

The convo between Amy and Peanut was too much!!!! "I was the dog?" LOL

HAHA, seeing Wally with a donkey head amused me greatly as well.

OH NO, Amy!!! Wow, that was a sudden turn of events!

Such bad timing with the crystal. Kind of funny though totally makes sense for this game. I have to admit, I laughed at the dead parrot. That was just too much, this whole chapter.

I also totally laughed at the judging donkey head Wally's. lol Totally love the skeleton and dragon pic. OMG, this is a very magical dragon to set the whole hot tub on fire!
Finale:
Spoiler:
Poor Torch being set free. I wonder what causes them to be like that, or if it's just how they are meant to be.

It's weird they don't have skeleton skin for adult...what a strange decision. The Jones family had a few pretty normal days there, it must have been weird for them. :D

That enchanted scarecrow is a bit more terrifying.

The dance floor and dance cage just seems so fitting for the 30 days of nonsense, especially for this crazy family. The costumes as well. Oh my goodness, the end of this challenge is highly entertaining.

Oh, geez, Peanut....not your dad. I know you don't seem him as your dad, but no, no.....

I had no idea there were alien abductions in TS1, at least if I ever did I've forgotten that fact...cool! I guess once they come that first couple of times they get a taste for it. lol
What a fun, crazy, nostalgic ride that was. I'm glad you shared it and all it's crazy. I do miss some of the silliness that was in the early versions, but I'm glad there are still people to share it with us as a fun reminder of where we came from! Congrats on finishing, that was awesome!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 1 Completed Stories”