OitnG: Close Encounter Academy (COMPLETE 14/03/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATED 04/02/20)

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thank you so much again for your kindness! ~
Spoiler:
Yeah, it was an alien invasion at the lab in the game, and Isaac just happens to turn up. XD For once, Dylan's idiocy actually improves someone else's life, haha! Yeah, the Woohoo talk didn't go down well at all. Poor Eli, he's scarred for life. XD
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Your content warnings keep making me laugh. :D

Of course there's more twins in the mix! I feel like I'm watching my own game.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Famous last words Dylan.

Noooo it's too soon for Jack to go. :(

No! You need more alien babies Dylan!

That would be nice if Oliver is trying to comfort Dylan from parts beyond.

More purple babies!

I don't mind the giving birth sections. Labor takes a while in real life and sometimes the sims too. There's a lot that goes on there.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

108sims- Thanks again for your time ~
Spoiler:
I'm going to have to get creative with the warnings! And yeah, I CAN'T BELIEVE it was twins! and I'm glad the lengthy descriptions don't annoy you...it wouldn't b e so lengthy if everyone stopped having so many babies at once! : P
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

New chapter, this time with three different P.O.Vs. Kind of an interlude, but kinda not.
https://luckyducksims.blogspot.com/2020/02/ts4-oitng-cea-chapter-115-strangerville.html
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I like the chapter name. :)

I'm glad things are getting slightly better for Charon. I would imagine that Strangerville isn't the best place to find a therapist.

I'm interested to see what everyone finds out. Of course Dylan would want to go along!

Interesting that Dylan and Oliver's father wanted Oliver left out of things. I assume Loki didn't care.

Go Dylan! Get everyone the answers they need!

Ugh I hate Fredrick so much already. Testing his cure on his own wife without consent. Gross!

I kind of don't feel bad for Fredrick. No way you should trust Loki, and you were already awful enough to test out your little "cure" on your own wife. I'm sure he's upset that Ollie died, but it's too little too late. And you managed to make Loki even worse. I didn't even think that was possible.

Yeah I'm not sure I'd be so forgiving...

I HATE Fredrick. Really? You're so upset your one son died, but you're willing to still infect your other son to try out your cure (which didn't work) again???

I'm Jack and the kids are worried sick about Dylan!

I'm glad Vincund was able to make a real cure. I also do not feel bad about Fredrick at all. Again, another person that, well I hesitate to say deserved, but after all his experiments on people, he did kind of deserve to feel what the plant posession was like.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Thank you so much 108! < 3
Spoiler:
Fredrick was a scientist first and a father and a husband second, and in the end wasn’t hugely different from Loki. I like to think that he cared more about Ollie than Dylan for some reason. I hate Fredrick so much. xD
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Just binge read up the latest update. I think your writing is brilliant and creative and kept me captivate at all times. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Thank you so so much Peachy, that means a lot < 3 I’m so happy that you like it!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

It amazes what stories people can come up with the challenges that their do. And remembering all the stuff about relationships and who connect to who. I love the different coloured Aliens and their faces are so cute too. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

peachy123uk wrote:It amazes what stories people can come up with the challenges that their do. And remembering all the stuff about relationships and who connect to who. I love the different coloured Aliens and their faces are so cute too. :)
Your feedback means a lot Peachy, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I love all the different coloured aliens in Sims 4 as well, I love the surprise of what colour baby you're doing to get! : D
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATED 05/02/20)

Post by bookloverblue »

Finally caught up! Your writing is wonderful, as always!
Spoiler:
Goodness, the kids are getting so big! And the twins are adorable. Hang in there, Jack!

And Isaac, WILL YOU PUT SOME DAMN TROUSERS ON?!! It's weird to see him in a reality where he didn't get buff. :grin:

I love the friendship between him and Charon, too.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

bookloverblue- Good to hear from you again! I'm so happy you like it! Thanks for reading ^u^
Spoiler:
I love Isaac's little hot weather shorts too much. They're hilarious, especially when he's running around town in them... XD And yeah, it is kinda weird seeing 'Please don't hurt me even though I'm nerdy!' Isaac, as opposed to the Pries Misadventures's 'Call me a geek and I'll punch your lights out!' Isaac. : P Yeah I figured Isaac has seen so much weird stuff he wouldn't care about how weird Nervous Subject is, haha! Isaac is great TBH, I'm so happy I included him in this challenge. I love all your characters so much!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Re: [TS4] OitNG- Close Encounter Academy (UPDATED 07/02/20)

Post by Hrootbeer »

Luckyduck! I am all caught up now. I couldn't stop myself. The story took a turn, and then I just had to know how it would all get resolved!
Spoiler:
In the end, you destroyed me! Dylan's last moments with Jack were so beautiful and sad and lovely. I have to admit that I totally fell for Jack right along with Dylan, so it was really just all the feels. I wanted to cry and say "Awwwww" at the same time.

:cry: "I hold him tightly in my arms, and I cry on his shoulder until the two of us fall asleep. I don't let go. I don't let go...until I have to let go." :cryingeyes: :cry:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
your writing has just made me :cry: A lovely couple sometimes the surprising ones make the best couple
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hrootbeer wrote:Luckyduck! I am all caught up now. I couldn't stop myself. The story took a turn, and then I just had to know how it would all get resolved!
Spoiler:
In the end, you destroyed me! Dylan's last moments with Jack were so beautiful and sad and lovely. I have to admit that I totally fell for Jack right along with Dylan, so it was really just all the feels. I wanted to cry and say "Awwwww" at the same time.

:cry: "I hold him tightly in my arms, and I cry on his shoulder until the two of us fall asleep. I don't let go. I don't let go...until I have to let go." :cryingeyes: :cry:
Aww bless you! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm happy you've followed it all the way to the latest update!
Spoiler:
Yeah Jack's death was pretty heartbreaking, especially for those who have followed him since he was born!
peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
your writing has just made me :cry: A lovely couple sometimes the surprising ones make the best couple
Thank you so so much! Yeah, sometimes the couple that don't seem like they would be together, are the ones that stay together ~
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

The final chapter of Dylan's arc is here: Chapter 1:17- The Golden Years
Last edited by LuckyDuck on February 10th, 2020, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotSoEvilPepsi
Origin ID: PepsiPlaysSims
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by NotSoEvilPepsi »

Ack, okay, I don't know how coherent this is going to be because I'm way more of a lurker than interactive reader, but I just. :thup: :thup: :thup:
Spoiler:
Your writing is just so good, your worldbuilding is . . . :hearts: :hearts: , your characters are amazing, and I'm pretty sure the end of the last two posts of this have brought me damn near to tears. I think I got more attached to Jack, Dylan, and Ollie than I did my ISBI founder, tbh.

Also, a question I have had practically since I started reading OFFTS -- the Sixamian language you use, how did you come up with that? Or, really, just tell me all about how you've gone about your worldbuilding for these because I am super interested.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I already know I'm not ready. :(
Spoiler:
Death of a loved one never gets easier, no matter how many times you've gone through it. If anything it gets harder when you've lost a lot of people. At least Jack died of natural causes. Still, I'm sad he's gone.

I'm glad Dylan got to visit Sixam. I love that they have a memorial for Ruby there. That's something really nice for him to see in his final years.

I feel bad for the kids that they didn't get much time to spend with Dylan. :(

Dylan's goodbyes were so bittersweet. I'm going to miss him.

Ollie's part :no: You were right, this chapter was a tear jerker.

I voted in the heir poll for the choice that I felt was most like me. Can't wait to see who ends up taking over!
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”