Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: Rozemarjin
United States of America

Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

So I decided to do a sims 2 apocalypse, despite not having played the sims 2 for years.

It took me a few days to succeed at keeping a sim alive under normal play so this ought to be fun. They need so much more food.

Anyways, I'm following this ruleset, and have that mod set that they made for it, as well as the job bulletin board, but otherwise there's no custom content at all.

I primarily play sims 4, but after having played the same family for, again, literal years, I needed a break from them because they weren't fun to play and I want them to be fun to play. So until I get the urge to play them again, I'm gunna hop around the other games and a sims 2 apocalypse is my dream. Since when I attempted it (back before all the sims 2 expansions were even out), everyone died of starvation/ghost in the second generation. Surely I can do better this time?

1. The Mandatory College Years
2. Who Says The Apocalypse Stinks?
3. They Grow Up So Fast
4. The Search For a Pet
5. In Search of Love
6. Bring Out The Birthday Cake
7. Let There Be Light
8. Only Way Is Up
9. Going Our Own Ways
10. Neighbors
11. Cinderella...I Mean Juliet
12. Radioactive Snowball Fight
13. A Long Way Down
14. A Simoleon
Last edited by Rozemarjin on April 25th, 2020, 5:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I have tried and many times failed at doing an Apocalypse, but the college years are the easiest to do (maybe a little tedious too)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Yea, I tried one ages ago, and it did not go well haha. I dont mind playing college, but writing about it isn't really all that interesting. Thanks for stopping by!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

I've never had the guts to do my own Apoc, so I enjoy reading the turmoil of other people's adventures!
Spoiler:
Nice to see Cleve join my family! By far one of my favorite SSU dormies!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
It is hard going when a pregnant sims needs more than one plate a day of food. Harriet is a cutie.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Calamity Jade wrote:I've never had the guts to do my own Apoc, so I enjoy reading the turmoil of other people's adventures!
Spoiler:
Nice to see Cleve join my family! By far one of my favorite SSU dormies!
Spoiler:
I don't remember most of the townies/dormies since it's been so long since I played Sims 2. I was quite pleased with him though! I do like neat sims, even if they aren't the best at the start of an apocalypse...as I learned harshly...and he's pretty neat. And had so many creative points, which is a definite plus when starting out an apocalypse! Although, in this rule set I don't think instruments are forbidden, I am restricting them for at least the first Tier. Maybe longer.
Thank you for reading! I tried one ages and ages ago and failed quickly, haha! I don't know how I ended up doing it, but I was reading some other people's, so I decided to give it another try, especially when I found this mod set/rule variation.

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
It is hard going when a pregnant sims needs more than one plate a day of food. Harriet is a cutie.
Spoiler:
I was so upset the first time I played it, because she died right next to a plate of food at midnight! If she'd already had Harriet I might have tried to continue on, but since she hadn't yet there was no point. :( Harriet is certainly cute, and one of the best toddlers I've dealt with. She's not very needy, except when she's trapped in her crib!
Because I have no control, I've already put up the next chapter too.

They Grow Up So Fast

There's no set schedule for them, but I am trying to keep from putting up multiple in one day, because...I could.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Wow, Harriet really is a Jill Smith 2.0 with that hair. :O I do like how in an apoc, sloppy sims are inherently more valuable because of sponge baths. But hey, at least the really neat ones get a nice hygiene boost from compulsive hand washing!
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Great start! I'm excited to find someone doing phae's apocalypse challenge. I just started one a few days ago too!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
children always nearly grow up in the dragon costume in my game or the swimsuit, c'mon Cleve get those promotions
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
Wow, Harriet really is a Jill Smith 2.0 with that hair. :O I do like how in an apoc, sloppy sims are inherently more valuable because of sponge baths. But hey, at least the really neat ones get a nice hygiene boost from compulsive hand washing!
Spoiler:
It would be so much more useful if medical hadn't been my first lift! As it is, having a neat sim is a big problem when culinary isn't lifted yet.
MommyIzz wrote:Great start! I'm excited to find someone doing phae's apocalypse challenge. I just started one a few days ago too!
Ooh! I was excited when I found it, it seemed so much to follow. How are you handling career rewards? Since it seems they are unlocked once the career is lifted, so you could use them to skill up teens and stuff. I haven't decided if that's ok or not...
peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
children always nearly grow up in the dragon costume in my game or the swimsuit, c'mon Cleve get those promotions
Spoiler:
Ooh, I get the swimsuit with the little inner tube a lot. I hadn't gotten the dragon costume, it was funny. And yes Cleve. Work harder. Don't make me hate you. >:{
Update! The Search For A Pet
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

I'm playing that as soon as the career restrictions are lifted, the career rewards are fair game. I read it as not using them is part of the restriction that gets lifted.
Spoiler:
I started with medical, too. And although it was nice to take showers, I kept hoping my poor Sims wouldn't starve to death! lol. I did a happy dance when Craig reached the top of culinary career!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Do neat sims get hungry quicker or something? Or do you mean they get sick easier? I THINK lazy sims hunger goes down more slowly actually so that could be an asset. Does your ruleset have any restrictions on meditating?
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

MommyIzz wrote:I'm playing that as soon as the career restrictions are lifted, the career rewards are fair game. I read it as not using them is part of the restriction that gets lifted.
Spoiler:
I started with medical, too. And although it was nice to take showers, I kept hoping my poor Sims wouldn't starve to death! lol. I did a happy dance when Craig reached the top of culinary career!
Spoiler:
That's what I'm leaning towards, since it doesn't list anywhere specifically that they are all lifted, just that each one can only be used by the sim in that career until it's lifted. That'll make it easier to skill later.
Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
Do neat sims get hungry quicker or something? Or do you mean they get sick easier? I THINK lazy sims hunger goes down more slowly actually so that could be an asset. Does your ruleset have any restrictions on meditating?
Spoiler:
Nah, they don't seem to get hungry or sick more, but they clean up the gross food if you aren't paying attention, and then they don't have anything to eat until the next day. And yea, meditating is restricted, so I can't do that.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
bye bye elders, and Scout nearly got that last promotion. (Julien Cooke was the sim bin) and Komei Tellerman is a walk by as you know now.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
bye bye elders, and Scout nearly got that last promotion. (Julien Cooke was the sim bin) and Komei Tellerman is a walk by as you know now.
Spoiler:
He's so close! I wanted him to get it before I quit that round of playing, but he had a couple of days off. I'm not going to lie, I don't get too sad when my elder's die. They don't do much as elders except eat food!
Bring Out The Birthday Cake
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Great update! You are moving right along!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
come one Komei your are letting your side down, thought you were going to get to the top. The twins are lovely and back to the lovely dragon costume.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Hey
Spoiler:
I just read your chapters, I too have trouble remembering how to work Sims 2 because I'm primarily a Sims 3 player now. I keep looking for the Tilt button on the UI panel it's annoying to not have one in Sims 2 and I just don't like Sims 4. :shrug: I finished an Apocalypse myself back in 2015 it's in the Completed Sims 2 Stories section and it's called Where Angels Fear to Tread. I decided to start another one in Sims 2, the Apocalypse in Sims 3 just seems too overly complicated and it requires A LOT of removing "rabbit holes" so the SP doesn't make the Townies take illegal jobs and also demolishing all their pre-built houses. It's too much work to do one in Sims 3. But hey, Sims 3 has zombies every full moon if you don't turn it off in the options so it doesn't need a mod! I'll keep looking for this as the updates come out.

Anyway, it always seems like the Founders go way too soon and there's never enough time. I find that myself when I play. And the mandatory Chance cards are always a gamble I hold my breath every time one comes up. Harriet has a lot to deal with now doesn't she? Komei keeps getting demoted and the twins are going to be so bored when they can't go to school anymore. But it's an Apocalypse and that's just how it goes along with the Fortune and Knowledge sims having mental breakdowns when they can't go to college. I'm not looking forward to that when my second Apocalypse kids come around. Looking forward to more.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
come one Komei your are letting your side down, thought you were going to get to the top. The twins are lovely and back to the lovely dragon costume.
Spoiler:
I had such high hopes for him! And now he's letting me down!
Ani-Mei wrote:Hey
Spoiler:
I just read your chapters, I too have trouble remembering how to work Sims 2 because I'm primarily a Sims 3 player now. I keep looking for the Tilt button on the UI panel it's annoying to not have one in Sims 2 and I just don't like Sims 4. :shrug: I finished an Apocalypse myself back in 2015 it's in the Completed Sims 2 Stories section and it's called Where Angels Fear to Tread. I decided to start another one in Sims 2, the Apocalypse in Sims 3 just seems too overly complicated and it requires A LOT of removing "rabbit holes" so the SP doesn't make the Townies take illegal jobs and also demolishing all their pre-built houses. It's too much work to do one in Sims 3. But hey, Sims 3 has zombies every full moon if you don't turn it off in the options so it doesn't need a mod! I'll keep looking for this as the updates come out.

Anyway, it always seems like the Founders go way too soon and there's never enough time. I find that myself when I play. And the mandatory Chance cards are always a gamble I hold my breath every time one comes up. Harriet has a lot to deal with now doesn't she? Komei keeps getting demoted and the twins are going to be so bored when they can't go to school anymore. But it's an Apocalypse and that's just how it goes along with the Fortune and Knowledge sims having mental breakdowns when they can't go to college. I'm not looking forward to that when my second Apocalypse kids come around. Looking forward to more.
Ah, I have your story on my To Read list. I'm going through all the completed apocalypse stories on here, haha! I think I might try a sims 3 apocalypse after this one, win or fail, but I'm not sure. We'll see, haha!
Spoiler:
Considering she lifted her restriction so fast, I'm surprised at how quickly it seemed she left! I think i want to lift the restriction that lets me ignore them as soon as possible, but also, there are so many others I want to lift!

One of the mod restrictions actually makes it so even children don't go to school. So they are already bored all the time! So much chess.

That is the biggest downside of knowledge sims. Otherwise they are pretty ok in the apocalypse! So much skilling time.
Update: Let There Be Light

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”