Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

User avatar
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: July 25th, 2007, 6:00 pm
15
Steam ID: AniMeiAngel
Location: Trenzalore
Canada

Achievements / Awards

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Education is going to be one of my generation 3 lifts, because the rules I use say that teens can't go to college until Military and Education are lifted so the gen four kids will get college which means I can knock out the four Uni careers with them. Anyway, nice update. ^^
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Spoiler:
I should plan my lifts more, but I'm mostly just going with the first option they get, haha. Except I needed more space, so I really needed either Law or Architecture in this generation. And since I think education is more important than journalism...
Update!: Going Our Own Ways
User avatar
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: July 25th, 2007, 6:00 pm
15
Steam ID: AniMeiAngel
Location: Trenzalore
Canada

Achievements / Awards

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I reread my Apocalypse last night and remembered I used the Apoca-Borg rules last time and that was what I was remembering this time. I'm going to try to get my lifts sort of planned out although it seems my new Apocalypse wants to follow the way I went with my first one. Generation 4 in my last Apocalypse did the Education lift so Gen 5 could go to college, this time I'm doing it a generation earlier. And no losing my founders this time either, which is weird for me. :lol: Of course none of that matters if I don't get my second second gen 2 kid born...I still need to find a spouse for the next heir before I can call the Gen.1 lifts done.
MommyIzz
Posts: 67
Joined: April 14th, 2020, 10:21 pm
2
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by MommyIzz »

OH MY GOSH! You're right Roze! I'd signed poor Barx up for the wrong pet job! Lol. #meggfailz We're just gonna pretend I signed him up for Pet Service, though. *facepalm*
User avatar
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Posts: 585
Joined: February 24th, 2020, 3:25 pm
2
Location: It's All Relative
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Calamity Jade »

Finally caught up with updates!
Spoiler:
Sad to see Komei has passed on. At least he died a platinum death, which is a feat in itself for wealth sims in the early stages of an apocalypse.

Criminal is a good one to get rid of early on, good thing familyfunds makes the process less tedious and decreases the chances of cranky ghosts.

Which restrictions are you thinking of for the next generation? Unfortunate that even though teens can now go to college, they can't lift any of the uni career ones yet. But Intelligence seems like a good choice to better maintain the family friend count.
User avatar
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 18142
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 2:44 pm
6
Location: Barnstaple, UK
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I think it might your rules set but I don't remember in any of the Apocalypse that I have read that the sims could move out and lift restrictions in another household. Or did I read it wrong?.
UPCOMING EVENTS: HALLOWEEN FROM 3RD TO 31ST.
HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE TICKETS OPEN ON 26TH SEPT
BOOLPROPS 17TH BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS
Image
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Calamity Jade wrote:Finally caught up with updates!
Spoiler:
Sad to see Komei has passed on. At least he died a platinum death, which is a feat in itself for wealth sims in the early stages of an apocalypse.

Criminal is a good one to get rid of early on, good thing familyfunds makes the process less tedious and decreases the chances of cranky ghosts.

Which restrictions are you thinking of for the next generation? Unfortunate that even though teens can now go to college, they can't lift any of the uni career ones yet. But Intelligence seems like a good choice to better maintain the family friend count.
Spoiler:
I was sad to see Komei go as well. And I'm really not sure what lifts to go for. I guess I'll see what LTW get rolled, haha. Maybe thatll help.

Surprisingly, I haven't had too much trouble with the wealth sims! Which is weird. They keep rolling easy wants though, like talk about hobby.

Family funds is a life saver! Ghosts probably would have killed me otherwise!
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

peachy123uk wrote:
Spoiler:
I think it might your rules set but I don't remember in any of the Apocalypse that I have read that the sims could move out and lift restrictions in another household. Or did I read it wrong?.
Spoiler:
no, you read it right. Law let's me move sims out and play them in rotation, lifting restrictions. There are pros and cons. It may take fewer total generations, but I do have to play several households in sync so it takes about the same amount of playtime.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Update! Neighbors
User avatar
Duhmee
Posts: 123
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 8:13 pm
4
Steam ID: Duhmee17
Origin ID: Duhmee89
Location: Canada

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Duhmee »

I really enjoyed reading this so far! I have never been brave enough to attempt an apocalypse challenge but this story did make me want to attempt some sort of challenge with my Sims 2 games again! look forward to reading more! :applause:
[align=center]Sims 4 Newbie![/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]You Still Make My Crazy Little Heart Go BOOM! Baby Boom Challenge[/align]
[align=center]The Comedy Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Jenny Debris, Living the Trashy Life[/align]
[align=center]A Pleasant Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Duhmee wrote:I really enjoyed reading this so far! I have never been brave enough to attempt an apocalypse challenge but this story did make me want to attempt some sort of challenge with my Sims 2 games again! look forward to reading more! :applause:
I really do suggest this rule set if you are worried about doing an apocalyspe challenge! It's a much simpler to follow one. I might try a traditional apocalyspe after this one, I kind of feel like it's an apocalyspe on training wheels! Although, I also think it's more friendly towards a story-based apocalypse, if you want to do it that way too.

Thank you for reading!
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

User avatar
Duhmee
Posts: 123
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 8:13 pm
4
Steam ID: Duhmee17
Origin ID: Duhmee89
Location: Canada

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Duhmee »

I like seeing updates on both households!
Spoiler:
If twins keep happening you will have a lot more households to update with :lol:
[align=center]Sims 4 Newbie![/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]You Still Make My Crazy Little Heart Go BOOM! Baby Boom Challenge[/align]
[align=center]The Comedy Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Jenny Debris, Living the Trashy Life[/align]
[align=center]A Pleasant Legacy[/align]
[align=center]Image[/align]
User avatar
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 6112
Joined: July 25th, 2007, 6:00 pm
15
Steam ID: AniMeiAngel
Location: Trenzalore
Canada

Achievements / Awards

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Hehe, I can't move them out yet in my Apocalypse Generation 2 has to get those lifts done first. I did add other Sim Bin houses to the neighbourhood though so I do have other houses to go to. I make them follow the restrictions as well, it also give the kids others to play with. It's amusing to see Family sim Mary Gavigan roll a 10 kid want..AHAHA, no. Not in the Apocalypse and your tiny tower. My own founder still wants more babies and he's already got the three he needs. I haven't posted that yet but I'm getting around to it. Poor Juliet though, Kennedy was always the difficult Scorpio I rarely use him in anything. And Dahlia not getting his attention could prove hazardous if she needs to lift Law Enforcement and have to arrest her own father...
MommyIzz
Posts: 67
Joined: April 14th, 2020, 10:21 pm
2
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by MommyIzz »

Yay! Great update. I can't believe Juliet and Clifford are elders already! Time flies when you're stuck in an Apocalypse! Lol.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Posts: 69
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 9:55 am
3
Origin ID: Rozemarjin

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Duhmee wrote:I like seeing updates on both households!
Spoiler:
If twins keep happening you will have a lot more households to update with :lol:
Spoiler:
I might go crazy if they keep happening! It's so hard to keep twins happy!
Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Hehe, I can't move them out yet in my Apocalypse Generation 2 has to get those lifts done first. I did add other Sim Bin houses to the neighbourhood though so I do have other houses to go to. I make them follow the restrictions as well, it also give the kids others to play with. It's amusing to see Family sim Mary Gavigan roll a 10 kid want..AHAHA, no. Not in the Apocalypse and your tiny tower. My own founder still wants more babies and he's already got the three he needs. I haven't posted that yet but I'm getting around to it. Poor Juliet though, Kennedy was always the difficult Scorpio I rarely use him in anything. And Dahlia not getting his attention could prove hazardous if she needs to lift Law Enforcement and have to arrest her own father...
Spoiler:
I added all the sim bin families to my downtown. So they'd all have phones and I wouldn't have to deal with that 'you can't call them they don't have a phone!' stuff. I keep meaning to pop in just long enough for Samantha to have that baby...lol. It might be fun to do a play through at some point where you start with a bunch of sim bin families following all the rules...huh...

He really does have a difficult personality, doesn't he? And he always went to socialize with Vincent on his own, but I had to make him do anything with Dahlia.
MommyIzz wrote:
Yay! Great update. I can't believe Juliet and Clifford are elders already! Time flies when you're stuck in an Apocalypse! Lol.
It goes by so fast! They felt like they went by really fast though. I think because most of their adulthood was just rushing for the top of their careers though.



Updates!

A Long Way Down
A Simoleon
User avatar
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 18142
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 2:44 pm
6
Location: Barnstaple, UK
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Unpleasantview: A Sims 2 Apocalypse

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Poor Kennedy, losing his job just before he was about to get promoted. And then nearly the same thing with Lyndsey but just losing skills but she did it.
UPCOMING EVENTS: HALLOWEEN FROM 3RD TO 31ST.
HALLOWEEN HAUNTED HOUSE TICKETS OPEN ON 26TH SEPT
BOOLPROPS 17TH BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”