March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Welcome to the thread for my Summer Fete 2020 Challenge, an OWBC. I've done several before, mostly Sims 2 and attempted one in Sims 3 but never finished it. Now I will. I have three months and hopefully I can get it done this time. I need my Flamingo medal back.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC

Post by Bouncer »

Looking forward to it Ani-Mei!! May you get this challenge done with a great deadline! :drinks: :bounce: :party:
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June10th

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
love the bright colours, and the flamingos colours too. And the first child is born.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Emma:
Spoiler:
Yep, trying VERY hard not to bog myself down with plot this time. I want to get through it and make all the way to the fourth gen (I count the founder as Gen 1) this time. I know I'll have to move hoods though, I love Isla Paradiso but the lag man, the LLAGGGG, it kills me. Same problem with Bridgeport, LLLAAAGGG no matter how many time I try to fix it with NRASS, it still lags and it's also happened in Twinbrook, I try to avoid those three if I can. Thanks for reading ^^
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

(I only get lag if I have too many houses/sims in one neighbourhood but having lag makes the day go slow so seems to make the challenge longer than it should be.)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Nella
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nella »

Spoiler:
Love the "bruh" colorful clothes :yes: and the falmingoes.
My Stories:

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Nominations: Best ISBI (Disaster in the Making) - Sim of the Year (Mona Simpson)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Emma:
Spoiler:
This is a brand new file, the only houses I have in it are the ones that already existed. Doesn't matter what I do, the lag still happens in Isla Paradiso. I think it has to do with all the house boats that crawl along at 5 miles per hour and and take literal Sim days to get from Point A to Point B, Overwatch can't clear them if they're still in motion. Also all the need for the water taxis too, they lag things up as well. Don't know what all the problems are with Bridgeport, probably the apartments, seems most likely to me. Twinbrook, no clue there. I just don't get why that one lags too. :sigh: I'll deal with it for now at least, I love that hood it's so pretty. :(
Nella:
Spoiler:
I tried to think what would a surfer dude say? And Bruh always comes to mind. :lol: I thought the fruit would fit his favourite colour better than the Hawaiian print pattern it has. More colourful. Thanks for reading.
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by CeresIn »

I hope you can be in Isla Paradiso as much as you can, it is such a beautiful place but so laggy. Great start :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yani:
Spoiler:
I'd like to finish the whole challenge there, but I know that won't work out. Whenever they go to the dive spots they get Error Trapped out for some reason too. I like going down there as well. I'm quite disillusioned with the situations now in the US so I'm probably just going to go play in my Sims sandbox and try to forget about the world for a few hours.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC June 14th

Post by Faye Silver »

It looks like you're doing really well so far Mei! Plot bunnies will always, always find a way to enter the story whether we want them to or not. You've got a lot of super cute kids to pick from to be your heir which is always nice too!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
the babies have been born, the flamingos have expanded, and the house is getting to small. Lovely read
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I don't think I've read any of the OWBC's for TS3, so I'm excited to follow yours. :D

Chapter 1:
Spoiler:
Love the look, I think he looks very tropical. I haven't ever gotten the island expansion for TS3 because I've always heard how buggy it was. It is pretty though. It is weird they have never added surfing....I guess that animation might have been tough. :shrug: Nice about the zombie deterrent of flamingos, but yes, it is sad how it tanks the environment. I love Chance's conversations with you already. Too much fun. I love Lilah, she's pretty! That is a SUPER green room, wow. Oh boy a cold-loving baby in the tropics...should be fun. Welcome Brianna, I like that name. I also love the colorful flamingos you have. TS4 has 3 colors, but they are all a version of pink.
Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
Weird about the glitch. I remember I had something like that with a toddler with the IF, but not a baby. She is cute as a toddler though. Oh boy twins this time huh? Well, the family will grow quickly and it will be nice to have that lotto money. :) Laundry Bear does look super happy. It's cute! Hi little Ophelia, she is cute. Also hi Orlando...oh my an evil baby to good parents. That should be fun for you. :D A frugal child...sounds to me like she doesn't want her daddy to get caught by flashing all that stolen money around. :D Awww, welcome Calico, cute kitty. Sage is also a pretty kitty. Welcome Orchid to the family. Yay, I love the picture of Laundry Bear admiring his flock. So much fun.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Trip
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: PM for details
Origin ID: InfraGreen
French Southern Territories

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Trip »

Sounds like fun!
Spoiler:
Oh god at least four children though. Here's to hoping for that ghost spouse you mentioned in Chapter 2. They're annoying but fun, unsure how to rank them with a futuristic spouse though.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Faye:
Spoiler:
Yep, once the last one is at least a child I'll run the heir poll I have to get some pictures of them for that. I've done some more playing but not writing yet that's probably later today. I say today because as I reply it's 3 am and I am not ready for bed yet.
Emma:
Spoiler:
House is too small for everyone and now that they have the last pet they need a bigger place. No unicorn sightings yet though.
Cindy:
Spoiler:
Sadly Isla Paradiso IS buggy I've seen it first hand but I like the stuff it came with, the clothes, building supplies, mermaids, boats...I can enjoy the stuff from it but not the actual hood itself. Which sucks because it's so pretty and you can't build dive spots in less buggy hoods either (or at least I don't know how to edit worlds to add them) I did like the fact that they could own their own islands too, something else that can't be done in other hoods.
Trip:
Spoiler:
I did port the Dregg family and another one from Isla Paradiso so I have them now in my Sim Bin and they can follow the family everywhere. I have the Immortal Life mod for ghosts, fairies, vampires, and werewolves so they won't age unless I cake them. Ghost spouses never die until I ghost bust them. Hehe. Anyway, I hope to have chapter 3 up sometime later today the 16th so after that there will be an heir poll. I'm trying to hold off on plot bunnies for as long as I can, or until I come up with something out of the blue. I never plan things, I just let them happen as they will.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love Chance!

The future really helped him out with this challenge first a spouse and then some lottery cash. :D

I didn't know about flamingos deterring zombies. That's awesome!

Welcome Brianna! I like how you're using their favorite colors on the flamingos.

Bleh glitches.

It's a shame Isla Paradiso is so laggy because it is really pretty.

Interesting Orlando being born evil. Also it's funny that Chance is a 'good' criminal.

I always extend the pet life spans too. Pets live forever!

They really are set for the rest of the challenge with all that money.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Allison:
Spoiler:
Yeah I wish Isla Paradiso ran better I like it. But it doesn't, sadly. I was going to write today but changed my mind, I watched too many upsetting things on YouTube today and that's blocked off my mental energy for now. I guess there really is something to be said for Ignorance being Bliss after all. :sigh: Anyway, I'll try to get back to it tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Boolprop Challenges”