The Foss Legacy [updated July 24]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Foss Legacy [updated July 24]

Post by FunkyFresh »

It's time for SimNaNo! This is my first time participating and I'm very excited, despite my original save file for this challenge being gone. So I had to start all over again (my original story was at generation 3 already), just days before July would start - it's a real challenge, but I'm up for it! I decided to go with a Legacy challenge, as I'm new to Sims 4 and still trying to get to know the game. English isn't my native language, so I'm a bit insecure about writing my story in English. If there are some annoying errors or things that make no sense, please let me know so I can edit.

Succession law:
Spoiler:
Gender law: Equality
Bloodline law: Traditional
Heir law: Random*
Species law: Tolerant
* Random isn't really random, as I like to choose the heir myself but didn't know which option that was.
Generation 1
Spoiler:
1.0 (1,389 words)
1.1 (680 words)
1.2 (863 words)
1.3 (1,166 words)
Generation 2
Spoiler:
2.0 (959 words)
2.1 (882 words)
2.2 (1,071 words)
2.3 (934 words)
Generation 3
Spoiler:
3.0 (951 words)
3.1 (1,106 words)
Score
Spoiler:
Athletic points: 2
Creative points: 3
Deviance points: 7
Family points: 3
Food points: 1
Fortune points: 3
Knowledge points: 4
Love points: 2
Nature points: 1
Points total: 26
Last edited by FunkyFresh on July 24th, 2020, 1:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 1st]

Post by FunkyFresh »

So, here we are, at the beginning of this new challenge. My first on in Sims 4! I'm so excited and I just posted the very first update: 1.0 (1,389 words)
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Poppy is a cute founder!

Collecting and painting are both really good ways to make money in Sims 4.

I love that you gave Poppy two spouse candidates right away. You're right it's never too early to start planning. I like the both, but I think Ridge is a good option!

Hooray for generation two! I can't wait to see the new baby. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Poppy looks like a nice founder for a legacy.
I think painting is a great option for a legacy founder too.
Ridge is a nice looking guy.
Nice that he's staying near his wife during labor.
Can't wait to see the new baby.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Poppy is a cute founder!

Collecting and painting are both really good ways to make money in Sims 4.

I love that you gave Poppy two spouse candidates right away. You're right it's never too early to start planning. I like the both, but I think Ridge is a good option!

Hooray for generation two! I can't wait to see the new baby. :)
Spoiler:
I noticed painting is giving me money quicker than I could imagine! It almost feels like cheating, lol. I was really torn between Ridge and Jackson, probably I can marry in some of Jackson's offspring later.
mysterymusic7 wrote:
Spoiler:
Poppy looks like a nice founder for a legacy.
I think painting is a great option for a legacy founder too.
Ridge is a nice looking guy.
Nice that he's staying near his wife during labor.
Can't wait to see the new baby.
Spoiler:
I was really amazed about Ridge staying with Poppy during labour, I've never actually seen a guy do that. The mostly run off to have a sandwich or play games at the computer.
Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
As it's SimNaNo, and I'm having a vacation planned mid-July, I already have a new update. Got to reach that goal before I leave :)
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 2nd]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Awe it's so sweet to see Ridge and Poppy smiling after their new baby was born. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but Ridge is kind of awesome for actually being in the room during the birth. Like you most of my sims' partners run play games or just do random other stuff.

I'm glad the legacy seems to be going well! Maybe they thought Poppy's hospital gown was just some creative expression. :lol:

Maxwell is a cutie!

Welcome little Sarah! I always love seeing the siblings' reactions to new babies. Usually they aren't too happy. Maxwell wants all the attention!

Sarah is also cute! It's always hard to decide whether to have another baby or not. I think Maxwell is a good heir choice, but who knows what his later traits will be.

Yay for a new house!
[align=center]Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 2nd]

Post by FunkyFresh »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Awe it's so sweet to see Ridge and Poppy smiling after their new baby was born. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but Ridge is kind of awesome for actually being in the room during the birth. Like you most of my sims' partners run play games or just do random other stuff.

I'm glad the legacy seems to be going well! Maybe they thought Poppy's hospital gown was just some creative expression. :lol:

Maxwell is a cutie!

Welcome little Sarah! I always love seeing the siblings' reactions to new babies. Usually they aren't too happy. Maxwell wants all the attention!

Sarah is also cute! It's always hard to decide whether to have another baby or not. I think Maxwell is a good heir choice, but who knows what his later traits will be.

Yay for a new house!
Spoiler:
Not knowing what traits they will roll was really killing me, lol. I already know future generations will have more than 2 kids, just to have a little more choice!
Thank you for reading and commenting :)

I have a new update today: 1.2
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 3rd]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
That's always the struggle with painting. It makes so much money, but then you splurge and don't have the money to paint anymore.

Maxwell has good traits so far!

I don't know why sims love doing homework on the toddler bed. :lol: They just seem to all gather there. It's like how sims like to hide in the bathroom in Sims 2 for going into labor.

Ridge always looks so happy when he comes back with those promotions, though I would too.

They're doing really well for a first generation legacy family!

I feel like some sims just get sick a lot more than others? It's annoying though.

I HATE the portraits in Sims 4. Honestly I like taking pictures of my sims much better, but I don't know if that counts for the legacy points.

Yeah I definitely like the pictures much better.
[align=center]Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 3rd]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Thank you for reading and commenting!

I have another update today: 1.3
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 5]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I always think it's funny when it's Winterfest in places like Sulani where it doesn't snow. Doesn't seem very festive! At least the kids got some good gifts.

I like the new house!

Wow I can't believe Maxwell is a teen already!

I'm glad I'm not the only one creeped out by the bear costumes. I don't like them at all.

So many birthdays! Sarah grew up pretty.

Jane and Maxwell are cute together! Can't wait to see them take over the next generation. :)
[align=center]Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 6]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I always think it's funny when it's Winterfest in places like Sulani where it doesn't snow. Doesn't seem very festive! At least the kids got some good gifts.

I like the new house!

Wow I can't believe Maxwell is a teen already!

I'm glad I'm not the only one creeped out by the bear costumes. I don't like them at all.

So many birthdays! Sarah grew up pretty.

Jane and Maxwell are cute together! Can't wait to see them take over the next generation. :)
Spoiler:
I thought Winterfest without a real winter is a little awkward, too! They also never wear their cold weather clothes in Sulani, which I can understand but it makes me a little sad too as I love those cosy sweaters, lol. I'm also looking forward to generation 3!
nooboostar wrote:I have to say the house is coming along nicely, @FunkyFresh! Also, I was actually about to suggest that Maxwell be heir since he has a different eye color and doesn't look like Poppy so I got a little excited when I saw that you chose him in the end. Loving the story so far, and I can't wait for the next installment. :bounce:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm also quite pleased with the house, considering I never built something with Sims 4 before. I felt Sarah looked just a bit too similar to her mom, I'd like some variety (except for the eye color, I'm hoping to keep that in as long as possible).
I have another update today, and I'm halfway through my SimNaNo already! I'm leaving for vacation on July 20th, so I was hoping to reach my goal with 10 chapters with an average of 1,000 words each. As this is the fifth update and I'm now at 5,066 words, I feel like I'm doing good!

Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
That is one thing that's different in sims 4, very few aspirations have to do with jobs. It always makes it harder to pick.

You really got lucky with Jane! I have a bad habit of not learning spouse's traits ahead of time and have ended up with some not so great ones. :lol:

What a romantic spot for a proposal, and the beach wedding was really pretty too.

Yeah I don't like how upset they look. Even the ones that are supposedly family oriented! I have had sims cheer about the news after doing the sad face though.

Even death can't stop some sims from partying.

It'll be nice to see Sarah around still.

Yeah I'm not so sure how breastfeeding works through a shirt. Lol!

Excited to see what little Laurel looks like!
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Whew, ok, working SLOWLY on getting through the SimNaNo challenges.
Spoiler:
I like Poppy, she is cute. Painting is a GREAT way to get money, as is exploring the jungle temples. HOLY COW, a husband that actually stayed close to his wife in the hospital?? That's amazing. I keep waiting for one of mine to do that, but so far, nope. lol I am excited to see the new baby.

Aww, welcome Maxwell! I'm loving Ridge, he was a GREAT pick. Maxwell is an ADORABLE toddler, although I pretty much say that for all of them. :blush: So I guess you must have made the lifespan shorter?? I know the Top-Notch is doable very quickly, not that I've ever done it, but I've seen it done by others. It's not a cakewalk normally though. Welcome Sarah! Yep, she's cute too. Oh the tantrums of a fussy toddler. lol The house looks great! Very cute.

Way to go getting Maxwell up to Happy Toddler at least! Haha, you say he might use his desk, but toddler beds are the best place for homework don't you know? :) My sims LOVE toddler beds too. The Grand Meals do have to be completed (as in eaten completely) for it to count I've found. So they can't just start eating it, but actually finish it....so maybe that's why?? Awww, Sarah is so cute, it's too bad she gloomy. Poor kid being sick. :( Luckily it doesn't kill them or anything and things like OJ are "home remedies" in a way and can help too if they don't have money for medicine. :) Portraits are NOT easy. For my ISBI I used the tablet and a bathroom mirror. It was the easiest way to do it. It's annoying you can't paint a portrait easier! Great job in the first three. I think the way to do photos is to use your phone for a selfie. It's not perfect, but uses the "camera" on the phone and thus the photography skill. It's annoying they made it so difficult though.

The new house looks great. I love it. Sarah is very pretty. Does look a lot like her mom but with more of her dad's coloring. I don't blame you for struggling with who will be heir. Congrats to Maxwell! He'll be a good heir I think. He is really cute with Jane. My poor teens never get to enjoy love day as they never have boyfriends/girlfriends. They barely have friends. lol, I'm so mean.

Jane is lovely. I love it. Lovely wedding on the beach, they are adorable, and already expecting! Very exciting. Good luck to Sarah. A new baby girl!!! Excited to see Laurel as a toddler. The spaceship woohoo is fun. Great job so far you are off to a great start!!! Loving this family.
And with that, I'm all caught up and ready for more!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 10]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! It makes me so happy!
nooboostar wrote:Lol Maxwell playing The Sims while his wife is in labor had me rolling on the floor! Also, I love how the neighbors bring your family free food since Poppy is a celebrity. :haha: I loved the mini wedding photoshoot, btw! It was so beautiful! :melting: I can't wait to see what Laurel looks like when she grows up, because her parents are drop-dead gorgeous! :hearts:

Looking forward to the next update! Have a safe flight and a wonderful trip! ^^
Spoiler:
Thank you! Ah, the free food is because she's a celebrity? That makes sense!
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
That is one thing that's different in sims 4, very few aspirations have to do with jobs. It always makes it harder to pick.

You really got lucky with Jane! I have a bad habit of not learning spouse's traits ahead of time and have ended up with some not so great ones. :lol:

What a romantic spot for a proposal, and the beach wedding was really pretty too.

Yeah I don't like how upset they look. Even the ones that are supposedly family oriented! I have had sims cheer about the news after doing the sad face though.

Even death can't stop some sims from partying.

It'll be nice to see Sarah around still.

Yeah I'm not so sure how breastfeeding works through a shirt. Lol!

Excited to see what little Laurel looks like!
Spoiler:
I feel like those aspirations not being job-related makes it even harder, as there's barely time to do anything besides taking care of Sims needs and making sure they're doing a good job at work. I'm glad I learned about those mood solver-things!
I was so happy when I found out Jane's traits! Especially the family-oriented one is great for a Legacy I think.
ciyrose wrote:Whew, ok, working SLOWLY on getting through the SimNaNo challenges.
Spoiler:
I like Poppy, she is cute. Painting is a GREAT way to get money, as is exploring the jungle temples. HOLY COW, a husband that actually stayed close to his wife in the hospital?? That's amazing. I keep waiting for one of mine to do that, but so far, nope. lol I am excited to see the new baby.

Aww, welcome Maxwell! I'm loving Ridge, he was a GREAT pick. Maxwell is an ADORABLE toddler, although I pretty much say that for all of them. :blush: So I guess you must have made the lifespan shorter?? I know the Top-Notch is doable very quickly, not that I've ever done it, but I've seen it done by others. It's not a cakewalk normally though. Welcome Sarah! Yep, she's cute too. Oh the tantrums of a fussy toddler. lol The house looks great! Very cute.

Way to go getting Maxwell up to Happy Toddler at least! Haha, you say he might use his desk, but toddler beds are the best place for homework don't you know? :) My sims LOVE toddler beds too. The Grand Meals do have to be completed (as in eaten completely) for it to count I've found. So they can't just start eating it, but actually finish it....so maybe that's why?? Awww, Sarah is so cute, it's too bad she gloomy. Poor kid being sick. :( Luckily it doesn't kill them or anything and things like OJ are "home remedies" in a way and can help too if they don't have money for medicine. :) Portraits are NOT easy. For my ISBI I used the tablet and a bathroom mirror. It was the easiest way to do it. It's annoying you can't paint a portrait easier! Great job in the first three. I think the way to do photos is to use your phone for a selfie. It's not perfect, but uses the "camera" on the phone and thus the photography skill. It's annoying they made it so difficult though.

The new house looks great. I love it. Sarah is very pretty. Does look a lot like her mom but with more of her dad's coloring. I don't blame you for struggling with who will be heir. Congrats to Maxwell! He'll be a good heir I think. He is really cute with Jane. My poor teens never get to enjoy love day as they never have boyfriends/girlfriends. They barely have friends. lol, I'm so mean.

Jane is lovely. I love it. Lovely wedding on the beach, they are adorable, and already expecting! Very exciting. Good luck to Sarah. A new baby girl!!! Excited to see Laurel as a toddler. The spaceship woohoo is fun. Great job so far you are off to a great start!!! Loving this family.
And with that, I'm all caught up and ready for more!
Spoiler:
Thank you for your comment! I did adjust life span, as I found the toddler stage far too long. It's more like the Sims 2 lifespan now, which I like but it keeps me from reaching Top Notch.
It's good to know they have to completely finish their grand meal, I had no idea. Also for the portraits, I'm happy with how they turned out but it was a pain in the *** to achieve it. It was so easy in Sims 2!

I have a new update today: 2.1
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

IotaTav
Origin ID: IotaTav
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by IotaTav »

Spoiler:
Yay! A new update! *finishes reading post* Oh no, twins!

Suffice it to say that this was an enjoyable roller coaster. :spin:
Current Challenges
Spoiler:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Having the babies close together! Always a good way to go really.

Laurel is absolutely precious! I agree I do like that toddlers have a bet more to do in TS4.

That's how she'll get away with everything. By being cute!

I can't believe Ridge is old already. :(

I'm glad Ridge is around to see his grandkids. I feel like elder sims don't stick around as long in TS4.

Woo go Poppy!

Hopefully the other babies aren't quite the terrors little Laurel is.

It's nice to see that Sarah's starting a family of her own.

Of course going for another baby would give you twins. Good luck with them!
[align=center]Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Anoter update today! Thanks for reading and commenting!
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 12]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I haven't had a sim get struck by lightening before. Poor Maxwell!

You keep getting toddlers that are a real handful. :lol:

It's nice that Poppy and Ridge lived long enough to see them all born.

Sarah's daughter is cute!

Poppy has really accomplished a lot during her time as founder.

I love how unique all the kids have turned out so far.

RIP Ridge :( I'm glad he was given a little extra time.
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 12]

Post by ciyrose »

Already behind by a couple of chapters. :D This is the way it goes! lol

Chapter 2.1
Spoiler:
OMG....Laurel is a PRECIOUS toddler! I love that she got daddy's eyes and mom's hair. I totally agree with you about TS4 toddlers being my favoirte part! I love TS2, but I can imagine I will also miss TS4 toddlers when I go back. :)

LOL.....don't you love Wild toddlers??? lol Gotta keep them busy. Congrats on the career!!!

Awww, Ridge is already an elder. He is a good looking elder though. I love it when grandparents want to be involved with the kids. Welcome Carissa.

Congrats on the aspirations. I understand about the Fabulously Wealthy. A handful of my kids in certain challenges reach it immediately anymore.

When you see Laurel (or at this point, your next Wild child) just remember, they are building creativity or in the case of toddlers' imagination, I guess.

Awww, Carissa is also cute, but I think I like Laurel better still. :D We'll see what the new baby is like.

OH BOY, twins!!!! A boy and girl even. :D
Chapter 2.2
Spoiler:
The twins look so different. I have to admit, I LOVE twins when they are toddlers. They can skill together which is super nice, and they can babble all they want at each other and don't care. :D

It takes work to manage a house of 8, even 8 adults! You are doing great!

Awww, Sarah's daughter is so cute, and she is adorable with Poppy.

Carissa is a pretty girl, but you are right, I think she's mostly her mom. :)

Congrats on all the skills being maxed!!! You are doing great!

Awww....Ridge was SO CLOSE!!!! :( YAY for a pleading working! I had good luck with it for a while, and now Grim snubs me every time. lol

Woo, way to go Ridge! You did it just in time. That's great!
The legacy is going really well it seems so far! Looking forward to more.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Foss Legacy [updated July 15]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Thank you for reading and commenting! I'm a bit too busy at the moment to respond to them, but I really appreciate it. My head's just a little too full atm.

2.3 is up today!
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”