March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: March of the Flamingoes: A Sims 3 OWBC Sept. 4th

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
The painting of ghost Shadow looks a little freaky to be honest.

Poor Jimmy, watching his wife grow old. At least he and Orlando can join the Immortals Club along with Reias and Dalen. ^^

So the Greek gods somehow became vampires? Interesting. :hmm:

Whatever training the kids need to do in Dragon Valley, it can't mean anything good is coming their way... :smirk:
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm really excited to see what the new power of three get up to in Dragon Valley.

Classic big sister move wanting to know about her siblings' love lives. Maybe they'll find love, or maybe whatever awaits them will keep them too busy.

I'm sad to see ghost!Shadow, but I think he looks pretty cool.

:( It's too bad Rika can't be immortal, still it's true she did have a good life.

I love Lucian messing with Dalen.

I have a feeling Oriole probably won't be able to make it back to visit Owl, but it's probably for the best Owl doesn't know that.

Hmmm interesting that Penelope and Parker are refusing to date because of what they're getting into. Depending on what it is, that's probably for the best.

I'm with Penelope don't poke it!

I'm sure traveling between realms probably messes with the time a bit.

I wonder what kind of trouble Batalia will cause, she does not seem happy.
Can't wait for what you have planned next!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Jade:
Spoiler:
Ghost paintings are hard if they don't stand still long enough, or if they move when I'm in Camera Man mode to get the good shots of them for the still life. It's the only one that works for good portraits. Everything else like actual Paint a Portrait doesn't turn out as well. :shrug: Yeah, I knew Rika would be the last one to die, my last heiress to die because she was mortal but I really like her and don't want her to go. Jimmy is full rooster mode (male mother hen) when it comes to his six kids, he is the worrier for them while Rika makes the good money. ^^ But yeah he can now be with Orlando in immortality so he won't be completely alone. Yes, I didn't want to do the same plot in Sims 3 for a story that I did in Sims 2, got to change it up right? My boys have their immortality, still call themselves gods, even if they don't have all their abilities here. Batalia won't like losing her godly powers though, she LOVES them too much. :sly: I have a gym for them as part of the physical training. I think I need to build a library or something for the mental training, and of course the magical training too. I get to rebuild the Secret Place on the largest lot for that now which will be fun. I just have to sit down and work it out. Which will hopefully be soon.
Allison:
Spoiler:
I have to make some more Sims, now that I turned off SP I can leave the main house confidently and no one will change or ruin my plots while I'm playing another house. I have to look into the Mithrilens, the blue "elves" that are the anti-dragon family in Dragon Valley. Probably give them all makeovers, fix any routing glitches in their manor, and let them breed for a bit. Since when SP is on they will always do that.

Owl thinks that they're just going to "see the world" in Dragon Valley, she doesn't know that they went to "save" it instead. :shifty: I may let them breed, just to see if Penelope's hybrid status passes on, but that means I'd have to choose someone for her... :hmm:

Ghost Shadow is nice to see, he doesn't haunt too much and I still see Calico, Sage, and Mochi come out sometimes. Shebi loves to glitch walk mummy style when she haunts, halfway stuck in the floors.

Rika knows when her time is getting short, she doesn't regret it. I'll miss my heiress that found gods when she goes because I will still play the main OWBC hood along with the Dragon Valley, still left some little threads dangling here and there, like Lucian. :shiftyeyes:

Lucian did that automatically, did not even know he had Rebel status, he never did anything for it. :shrug:

Oriole may get back to see Owl, I will have them "travel" between hoods because I am not deleting the OWBC one. It's required so keeping everything straight will be a nice challenge. As for breeding, that may not happen for Oriole. Keeping them consistent between both hoods if the child is born in DV means I'd have to save them, then put them in with the main house because chances of getting the exact same kid in both places is low. But that fourth wall breakage won't be in the chapters, just comments like this.

Penelope was probably right about not poking the Stonehenge, they could end up somewhere else...I just noticed that every world has that Stonehenge in it somewhere and I could never figure out how to make use of it until now. Open world is great for that. Maybe it was just decor or EAXIS meant to do something with it but never did, then they abandoned all service and updates on Sims 3 for Sims 4. They do that far too much. >.< So the time distortion between realms makes sense I'd agree with that. Don't know how to make my own Sims 3 worlds or I'd make Hidden City in it, that would be amazing! All the character of my Sims 2 world with the Sims 3 upgrades, maybe I'll ask Julie how she makes her own worlds, or ask her to make Hidden City for me. Don't know. :shrug:

Batalia, Batalia, she's not my creation but she belongs to another Jade on here. She made Talia for the Hidden City RP, she's the half sister of Dalen and Diamos via Ares and her mother is Xena. Yes we incorporated Christian Willams' and Robert Tapert's Hercules and Xena shows into the RP, it was amazing. She was also in love with Diamos...since you know incest was a common thing among the Greek gods. Not sure how much of that I can do in Sims 3, I made them siblings. I can make her insanely jealous of any other women
(namely Penelope and Oriole) getting too close to HER Dee though. :fight: Anyway, that was a long reply, I appreciate the one you gave me first. :hug:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

So you finished this and I realized I kind of just missed reading the rest, so I'm here to remedy that. :D
Spoiler:
Oh my that fire was scary! Glad everyone is all right. Wow, going for the triplets, and gets them right away! Aww, ghost baby, that's pretty fun that she got one of each. Congrats for getting the hybrid that you needed! That's great! All the kids are cute, what fun they shall all be!

I find the limited number of skills for kids to be baffling. Especially musical instruments. It's weird to me in 4 that they can't do things like water and harvest too, they can in TS2, so why not the others? I can understand some of the more difficult things maybe but....whatever. The teens all look great, and I love that Orlando went Indie on you. :) It's nice to see Shadow doing all right after all this time. Hopefully, he will get ridden sometime. What a sad ending happening....what all happened? I'm sure you'll tell us.

The twins are also cute. I love how you build the secret room to hold the wands and stuff. Very fun and great for the storytelling aspect! I'm having a ball reading through these, and now we end on another intriguing plot point and I think I'm onto the next detour now. :)

Wow this is really connecting into a whole thing apparently, that's cool. Makes me kind of what to go find and read through more of the history here. A fun update and we'll see what happens!

The kids are doing really well, and it makes me chuckle that Nathan suddenly found an interest in magic when he realized MAYBE it could actually help him. lol What fun, love how you are handling all of this!

Awww, Shadow is gone, so sad. *sniff* That was a sweet way to write him out though, and the idea of him being with Chance again was happy.

What a fun ending. Might have to pick up where this left off, but for now, it was great!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Cindy:
Spoiler:
Yeah OWBCs are easy for me to do, lots of potential for plot and story. I like to link my stories together, especially my Sims 2 ones. Most of the ones I spent a lot of time on were launched from OWBCs so it's an important first part of a trilogy that usually ends up forming from them. Penelope was my hybrid, and she also got to be my final heir.

I do miss the chance to let kids learn how to play the violin they aren't in Sims 3. And the gardening thing that is also disappointing that kids can't do that either though I do like the variety of plants in Sims 3 compared to Sims 2. Orlando had to complete my WA mini challenge so it made sense that he should be the one to get the mummy. I miss Shadow too, my first real unicorn who made it into a main plot.

My twins, Parker and Penelope they work so well together. Hehe, twins are also a running theme in my stories I've noticed. I like that Secret Room I think I'll build it in more of my houses in Sims 3, there's so much to work with in Supernatural to create it.

My OWBCs are usually the first in a trilogy that I write, then it goes into a legacy or challenge, then an Apocalypse. Except this time, I wanted to change it up and go with a story instead of a challenge. The history is all in the Completed Sims 2 Stories section here if you want to follow their pasts.

Nathan realized magic could help him, teens you know? :lol: I like the expanded magic in Sims 3 to play with, don't know how much Sims 4 adds to it though, I don't have the EP for that.

I miss Shadow too, but he's with Chance now so he's happy. Solan's never collected a unicorn before so it was a first for him.

Yep, it continues in The Empty Queen, it's a story not a challenge and I like the freedom to go and do where I want to in it. Hope to see you there commenting too. ^^
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Just wanted to post a bump for this, Rika has been nominated for a Golden Plumbob! Thank you to whoever it was who nominated her :heart:

Return to “Completed Boolprop Challenges”