Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 29/09/2021)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 29/09/2021)

Post by Anne »

Hi everyone and welcome to my newest Sims 4 challenge!

Same Flower, Different Petals is a Differences in the Family Tree challenge (read all the rules here - I recently updated them together with Teresa!), which is a multi-generational challenge that's designed to make you explore many different parts of gameplay. Every generation has a bunch of objectives they need to complete, usually surrounding a certain theme. I love this challenge, and I hope you will too!

Generation 1 - Rosalynd Roseflower - Farmer
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Generation 2 - Eleanor Roseflower - Artist & Business Owner

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Generation 3 - Frida Roseflower - Traveler

Part 1
Part 2

Last edited by Anne on March 25th, 2022, 4:25 am, edited 14 times in total.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 18/08/20

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I like the DIFT, have one going myself, think I am about Gen 5, but lovely couple and I am sure Eleanor will be a cutie too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Peachy, I'm glad you like it! :D It's such a fun challenge, isn't it? I'm having the best time playing it and coming up with stories for future generations already!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
This challenge seems like a creative twist on legacy-style play, and I enjoy your writing style. :)

Also, the town is lovely. Looking forward to seeing how the Roseflowers plant their roots here.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 11/09/20

Post by Anne »

Calamity Jade
Spoiler:
Thank you very much! It definitely is a really fun challenge. It's kind of similar to the legacy challenge in the sense that you're following one family, but the fun thing about this one (I think) is that your family doesn't have to spend the entire challenge on the same lot, or even in the same world. So, the Roseflowers will be moving through all the worlds that I have in my game! Generation 1 lives in Brindleton Bay, but generation 2 will be spending their days in Windenburg :)
There's a new update! Generation 1, Part 2
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 11/09/20

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Shame your plants got buggy, but at least you managed to do all that you needed to do.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 20/10/20

Post by Anne »

Peachy
Spoiler:
I was so bummed when that bug happened, but also very relieved when I could still reach the objectives! Thanks for reading :D
There's a new update! It's the third and final part for generation 1: Part 3.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Wow they seem to have grown up so quick, and the heir has moved out of the farm, can't wait to see what she gets up to in university.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Finally got round to reading this and I love love Rosalynd and her little family! Thankfully, you still managed to complete the aspiration despite that plant glitch! :/ Rosalynd's house looks so cosy and inviting! This looks like a very fun challenge to play, I remember I had tried doing a DITFT challenge on sims 3 but never managed to get past the first generation! Will definitely keep this challenge in mind for after I complete one of my current ones - unless I end up starting it earlier! Sometimes I get all excited about new projects and start forgetting my old ones!

I am definitely looking forward to the next update! I'm so excited to see what Eleanor will get up to! She's one gorgeous sim! I also love your storytelling :)
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 15/05/20

Post by Anne »

Wow, I completely missed both of your messages! I'm so sorry!

Peachy
Spoiler:
Thanks for reading! They definitely grow up quick, haha. The generation 3 heir is already a teenager in my game!
Maryse
Spoiler:
Thanks so much, Maryse, I'm so glad you like the Roseflowers! :D That plant glitch was so frustrating, but it turned out to be less of a problem than I thought beforehand. And thank you! I really wanted the house to seem warm and cosy - like a farm home. I plan on really showing the heirs' personalities through their homes! I definitely understand the getting excited and starting new projects thing - this challenge is a result of that as well, haha!
Thank you for your lovely comment! :hug:
It's been a long while, but I'm finally back with the Roseflowers, after finishing my legacy challenge! Here's the first update of Generation 2: Generation 2: Part 1!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Yeah, i re-read the first generation this morning and now an update. Wow University does seem to take a long time. And adult already. I wonder if Afu will become her partner or will she find someone else?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
You're right regarding the proportion of uni time to sim days - in real life you come out of uni still a young adult but no...not in the sims! I also find it quite tough to juggle all the deliverables for their term when they have four classes but that could just be me. I love the little apartment over the shop set-up! Looking forward to see what Eleanor does with the place!

ImageImage
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 05/06/20

Post by Anne »

Peachy
Spoiler:
Ah, what a fun coincidence! :D Yes, the time it takes to go through university is kind of out of proportion... It definitely causes me to not send my Sims to uni as often! Thanks for commenting! :)
Maryse
Spoiler:
It's way out of proportion! And it's definitely challenging - I agree! It definitely makes me not send my Sims to uni as often. I prefer the Sims 2 system :) Thanks Maryse, I'm glad you like it! :D
There's a new update! Here's Part 2 of Generation 2!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 11/06/20

Post by Anne »

And here's Part 3! Next time, we'll move on to generation 3!
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I got caught up with the story yesterday, but I was too sleepy to coment, and now there's another update! That's awesome!
Spoiler:
I've been really enjoying your narration style! You are very good at forming interesting stories and I really ended up a little sad over Eleonor not being able to talk to Frida before she lef, we'll see if they manage to work things out in next chapter!
I loved your approach to the bussiness generation! The art gallery looked amazing! And I loved the little appartment upstairs, it's a shame the game doesn't let you actually live in your bussiness lol.the house was also beautiful! And I loved Friday's teenager room the most! That girl has some style :hearts:
Can't wait to see what is she gonna get into next time! I don't really remember the generations of this challenge, so I'm going kinda blind now lol
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Wow! Just read Part 2 & 3 of Eleanor's updates and they're fabulous!

The apartment above the gallery, it's so sweet and charming! Looks really cosy to live in and I loved the outdoor look of the bigger house! Beautiful back garden and front garden + deck area.
You had no need to apologise for the long update, I adored your story telling...the part about the nose piercing was very clever and felt so real. It's such a normal common argument that lots of kids have with their parents.

I'm glad Frida is the heiress, I love the way she looks, how her story has started out and I am very happy that we'll now get to see more of her. Very much looking forward to Frida's updates!

ImageImage
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Salem
Spoiler:
Ha, that's a cool coincidence! :D And thank you so much - I'm glad you're liking the story and my style. Your comment really made me smile! :hug:
I had such a fun time with the art gallery! At that point I'd just gotten University, and I really wanted Eleanor to go, so I thought having her be a big art lover was a great way to combine those things!
I absolutely adore Frida! She's such a fun Sim to play and I'm already having fun with her generation. I've got a lot of plans for her :)
Thanks so much for your lovely comment!
Maryse
Spoiler:
Thank you so much, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! :D
I had a lot of fun with the gallery, and having Eleanor and Afu live above it for a while before actually building a house for them felt quite real :) But then, I loved building their house too! I've been building a lot more in Sims 4 lately, and I'm really enjoying it.
I'm glad you like Frida too! I absolutely adore her <3 I've already been playing her generation a little bit, but I haven't gotten very far yet, and I've now taken a break to get back to Blueberry Island so who knows how soon I'll play again :lol:
Thanks for much for your wonderful comment!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Same Flower, Different Petals - a DITFT (update 26/06/20

Post by Anne »

There's a new update! Part 1 of Generation 3 is here :)
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I like the adventures in the jungle. I had a little bit suspicion that she would get pregnant with her native man.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Yay new update!
Spoiler:
Frida has been a really cool sim to follow up, I'm really happy she got to make up with her mother, they both just needed to accept their diferences and talk it through.
Juan Esteban is really handsome, and I love their simple, happy and fun relationship while Frida travelled, I'm really curious how he's gonna react about the new baby, next update is gonna get really interesting!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”