The L'Amour Legacy- updated 19/02/23

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 15/02/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 2.7 is up! If everything looks different, it's because it is! I changed websites, and painstakingly moved all my stories and chapters over to the new one. I will slowly change all the links in this thread to the new ones for the sake of consistency, but yeah. I hope you like it and the new chapter!
Stay safe and well :heartbeat:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 16/04/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 2.8 is up! Quite a surreal one, I'll be honest! A bit different. Do let me know what you think and stay well! :heartbeat:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 21/05/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

In a shocking twist, Voo doesn't take an age to upload her next chapter! Read chapter 2.9 here! Chapter 10 is also in the works and is a landmark one, so look out for that soon!
I hope you are all happy and well :spin:
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 30/05/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Landmark chapter 2.10 is now up- get ready for a bumpy ride, and happy pride! I'm a poet but I don't know it
Happy Pride!!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Vooogerbits wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:45 pm
Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
The tree on fire is a graphics glitch, hence why nobody pays it any mind. It does make for some hilarious photo-ops!

Mutu's and Dila's custom tones are so pretty.

Savma's choice of transition outfit is just :O She already is the spitting image of Eloise, but yes the second outfit suits her much better.

The wedding photo shoot is great too, just shows how quickly the L'Amours are expanding!

I totally feel you with RL being too busy for simming/other hobbies. Alas, priorities come first and I always end up coming back to this game one way or another. ^^

Uh-oh...Dila...that is NOT good at all. I've had infants who looked like toddlers but were treated as babies, but I don't think I've ever seen the reverse.

RIP Havas, that More Dangerous Sickness mod does not kid around. And then Mutu :( thank goodness he was able to be saved. I'm surprised that the social worker hadn't come for them prior to collapsing.

And then...Mutu dies again?! This kid is incredibly unlucky. Of course having only one heir puts you on edge, then again any more new kids and you'll have a LOT on your plate. So I think the best option would be to try to keep Mutu alive(as much as Grim keeps wanting to take him to the netherworld :fisty: ) At least the extended family has significantly less tension and drama.

And I can't wait to see how Iccha looks as a child. Was a missed opportunity by Maxis to provide different plantsim lifestages.
Hey Calamity Jade! :wave: Thanks for your reply!

I can't believe I haven't come across the tree fire glitch before XD That sort of thing doesn't bother me luckily, and as you say- funny photos come from it so :shrug:

I still love those blue alien skintones too <3 and yes, I wish I'd started writing stories as a teen when I had lots of time D: Sims 2 is so special though, I'll always come back :)

I realised I got rid of the kid plantsim mod to fix what was wrong with Dila lol... then got it back again to sort Iccha out.

That sickness mod does not kid around, you're right XD I've got some social worker mod in place where she doesn't come except for extreme cases, I think. Though I had a child burn to death the other day and there was no sign of her. That's pretty extreme, but I guess how would she know about it? :')

Thank you for your advice!! I am tempted by the challenge of more kids but it would be cool to know now who the heir is going to be.

Thanks for your message again; and I hope you're doing well :D
Thank you, I hope you're also doing well! ^^ I've been catching up with your family, in hopes I can motivate myself to get back to my own sims. The L'Amour household doesn't disappoint!
Spoiler:
I assume the witch doctor showed up because of Havas' ghost. Hopefully you don't get Grim next.

It's cool that you got the good warlock to show up to your community lot, in my experience the businesses always attract the evil ones who bring in the roaches, hah!

You've got to wonder how Philip's coworkers react to seeing an old guy showing up wearing nothing but a leaf. :rotfl:

Oh Tap...how could you? I have to say though, I live for this type of drama in the Sims.

I think Mutu is probably in his right mind to call about his family lol. That community lot time warp can really do a number.

And Sininen apparently has the hots for Jeeves, explains why he is stalking the L'Amour household so much.

WTH, both Phil and Tapmak are gone...those common colds are brutal. Now Mutu must step up to the plate as man of the household, if he doesn't get taken away by the social worker for his sister's bad grades.

Yay for Preeti romance and a baby! Slightly makes up for the deaths. :/ Anyway, looking forward to the next update!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 28/06/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 3.1 is now up! A new gen begins now :O :O :O Let me know what you think as always, and stay happy and healthy!
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Vooogerbits »

Calamity Jade wrote: July 1st, 2022, 9:44 pm
Vooogerbits wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:45 pm
Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
The tree on fire is a graphics glitch, hence why nobody pays it any mind. It does make for some hilarious photo-ops!

Mutu's and Dila's custom tones are so pretty.

Savma's choice of transition outfit is just :O She already is the spitting image of Eloise, but yes the second outfit suits her much better.

The wedding photo shoot is great too, just shows how quickly the L'Amours are expanding!

I totally feel you with RL being too busy for simming/other hobbies. Alas, priorities come first and I always end up coming back to this game one way or another. ^^

Uh-oh...Dila...that is NOT good at all. I've had infants who looked like toddlers but were treated as babies, but I don't think I've ever seen the reverse.

RIP Havas, that More Dangerous Sickness mod does not kid around. And then Mutu :( thank goodness he was able to be saved. I'm surprised that the social worker hadn't come for them prior to collapsing.

And then...Mutu dies again?! This kid is incredibly unlucky. Of course having only one heir puts you on edge, then again any more new kids and you'll have a LOT on your plate. So I think the best option would be to try to keep Mutu alive(as much as Grim keeps wanting to take him to the netherworld :fisty: ) At least the extended family has significantly less tension and drama.

And I can't wait to see how Iccha looks as a child. Was a missed opportunity by Maxis to provide different plantsim lifestages.
Hey Calamity Jade! :wave: Thanks for your reply!

I can't believe I haven't come across the tree fire glitch before XD That sort of thing doesn't bother me luckily, and as you say- funny photos come from it so :shrug:

I still love those blue alien skintones too <3 and yes, I wish I'd started writing stories as a teen when I had lots of time D: Sims 2 is so special though, I'll always come back :)

I realised I got rid of the kid plantsim mod to fix what was wrong with Dila lol... then got it back again to sort Iccha out.

That sickness mod does not kid around, you're right XD I've got some social worker mod in place where she doesn't come except for extreme cases, I think. Though I had a child burn to death the other day and there was no sign of her. That's pretty extreme, but I guess how would she know about it? :')

Thank you for your advice!! I am tempted by the challenge of more kids but it would be cool to know now who the heir is going to be.

Thanks for your message again; and I hope you're doing well :D
Thank you, I hope you're also doing well! ^^ I've been catching up with your family, in hopes I can motivate myself to get back to my own sims. The L'Amour household doesn't disappoint!
Spoiler:
I assume the witch doctor showed up because of Havas' ghost. Hopefully you don't get Grim next.

It's cool that you got the good warlock to show up to your community lot, in my experience the businesses always attract the evil ones who bring in the roaches, hah!

You've got to wonder how Philip's coworkers react to seeing an old guy showing up wearing nothing but a leaf. :rotfl:

Oh Tap...how could you? I have to say though, I live for this type of drama in the Sims.

I think Mutu is probably in his right mind to call about his family lol. That community lot time warp can really do a number.

And Sininen apparently has the hots for Jeeves, explains why he is stalking the L'Amour household so much.

WTH, both Phil and Tapmak are gone...those common colds are brutal. Now Mutu must step up to the plate as man of the household, if he doesn't get taken away by the social worker for his sister's bad grades.

Yay for Preeti romance and a baby! Slightly makes up for the deaths. :/ Anyway, looking forward to the next update!
I'm doing pretty well thanks! Thank you for your reply :heartbeat:
Spoiler:
Ahh you know, I forgot child ghosts are glitchy XD Indeed, I will really panic and take steps if Grim shows up. Luckily there has been no more witch doctor so far.

Omg the roaches are so annoying D: I'll look forward to that eventuality when I return to the business lot.

I love the leaf outfit hahaa. And Mutu phoning due to the time warp makes so much sense lol, he was let to fend for himself (and the other kids) for a long old time!

I forget how Dila's getting on with school; she must have got her homework act together *shrugs*

Preeti the happy family sim!
Thanks again for your reply, it's always nice to have comments to read :D
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 10/07/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

The next chapter, Chapter 3.2 is up! I hope you are all doing well as usual :)
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 21/09/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Hello again! Chapter 3.3 is up and available for reading. Expect a whooole lot of teen interaction <3
Happy Pride!!
Vooogerbits
Germany

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 21/09/22

Post by Vooogerbits »

Chapter 3.4 is up! Comments as always are much appreciated :D
Happy Pride!!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 19/02/23

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi, just started reading your Legacy! I've played a lot of challenges, but not a Legacy yet.

I've only read through 1.2, but it's really fun so far. Challenges for points are my favorite, and I'm enjoying the strategizing with your chosen handicaps. I love the heart-shaped pond!
Spoiler:
Middle of Nowhere puts such an interesting spin on building the Legacy home with limited structure and posh furnishings. I'm curious to see how it all turns out with the deep red color scheme - I love it so far!

I don't know if I could keep the flower plots alive for 10 generations; I always either under- or overwater them. Can you kill them by overwatering? I don't think you can kill gardening plants by overwatering even though they turn brown.

I'm playing a Harvest Moon challenge in my BaCC, which started out quite similarly to your Legacy, with the money trees, moving in spouses with a nice chunk of cash, etc. Mine also had a piano in her inventory, which they could play and earn tips from each other. Every simoleon counts!

Your bills were insane, especially for starting out! I don't recall anything close to §12000 before, and I've played some rich families!

PS:
I like your avatar :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Just got caught up with the Gen 3 chapters!
Spoiler:
Oh no, for a while it looked like the family couldn't shake off the premature deaths. Mutu is very lucky, that's for sure. BTW, he and Zinnia make a lovely couple!

I have a hard time guessing which one of the girls is my favorite, I want to say either Dila or Iccha. I can definitely feel their personalities come through! Speaking of, do you assign the kids secondary aspirations or not really?

I get what you mean about having a smoke detector makes things a bit too easy. Maybe I'll try that too just to see how it goes, then immediately regret it lol.
Lovely updates as usual, looking forward to the next! ^^
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
I've been having a lot of fun reading this story! Tap's generation was so chaotic and ended so soon, I'm still a little sad that he and his wife died so young!

I'm kinda hoping for a calmer generation for next one lol so good luck with that!I hope the boys don't troll you so much too lol
jemkatk
United States of America

Post by jemkatk »

Binge read your story! Absolutely loved it

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”