The Paraverse - Rotation 15.4 [Mar 8/24]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Paraverse - Rotation 15.4 [Mar 8/24]

Post by Heather »

Been a while since I posted here! As you can maybe guess by the fact that this is a new topic, I have once again rebooted my favourite sims 4 save. If you were a fan of my previous two saves, I'm sorry to say that I've come to the realization that I just don't have the motivation to get them caught up, so they have been moved to the story graveyard. There's also been some key gameplay features that have made me want to restart the save anyways (like those possible werewolves they've been teasing...), so a fresh start seemed like the right move.

However, if you weren't already familiar with my other saves then good news, this is an excellent time to jump in! The Paraverse is a rotational gameplay save focused on a group of occults, with each household's rotation posted as a batch of tumblr posts. Once the full batch has been posted, I will update the thread here to link to the completed rotations. However, you're welcome to follow my blog to read along as they post!

It is also possible to read the whole thing in one go by using this link.

Spoiler:
[Introduction]

[Meet the Neighbours]

Year 1
Rotation 1, Summer: [1.1 - Collins] [1.2 - Spencer] [1.3 - Winchester]
Rotation 2, Fall: [2.1 - Collins] [2.2 - Spencer] [2.3 - Winchester]
Rotation 3, Winter: [3.1 - Collins] [3.2 - Spencer] [3.3 - Winchester]

Year 2
Rotation 4, Spring: [Spring Break] [4.1 - Collins] [4.2 - Spencer] [4.3 - Winchester]
Rotation 5, Summer: [New Sims in Town] [5.1 - Collins] [5.2 - Winchester] [5.3 - DiCarlo] [5.4 - Talbot] [5.5 - Galloway]
Rotation 6, Fall: [6.1 - Collins] [6.2 - Winchester] [6.3 - DiCarlo] [6.4 - Talbot] [6.5 - Galloway]
Rotation 7, Winter: [7.1 - Collins] [7.2 - Winchester] [7.3 - DiCarlo] [7.4 - Galloway]

Year 3
Rotation 8, Spring:
[8.1 - Collins] [8.2 - Winchester] [8.3 DiCarlo] [8.4 - Galloway]
Rotation 9, Summer: [9.1 - Collins] [9.2 - Winchester] [9.3 DiCarlo] [9.4 - Galloway]
Rotation 10, Fall: [10.1 - Collins] [10.2 - Winchester] [10.3 DiCarlo] [10.4 - Galloway] [Recap]
Rotation 11, Winter: [11.1 - Collins] [11.2 - Winchester] [11.3 - DiCarlo] [11.4 - Galloway]

Year 4
Rotation 12, Spring: [12.1 - Collins] [12.2 - Winchester] [12.3 - DiCarlo] [12.4 - Galloway]
Rotation 13, Summer: [13.1 - Collins] [13.2 - Winchester] [13.3 - DiCarlo] [13.4 - Galloway]
Rotation 14, Fall: [14.1 - Collins] [14.2 - Winchester] [14.3 - DiCarlo] [14.4 - Galloway]
Rotation 15, Winter: [15.1 - Collins] [15.2 - Winchester] [15.3 - DiCarlo] [15.4 - Galloway]

Year 5
Rotation 16, Spring: [16.1 - Collins] [16.2 - Winchester] [16.3 - DiCarlo] [16.4 - Galloway] [16.5 - Irving]
[Download a Paraneighbour]
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse (2.0)

Post by Sam »

Nice to see you again! :wave:

I totally get the lack of motivation for writing up posts, I've been sitting on two updates for well over a month :lol: and the temptation to start over again! Love seeing what stays the same and what changes!

Can't wait to see what Andy, Jeff and Alec get up to this time! :heart:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sam wrote: May 29th, 2022, 1:26 am Nice to see you again! :wave:

I totally get the lack of motivation for writing up posts, I've been sitting on two updates for well over a month :lol: and the temptation to start over again! Love seeing what stays the same and what changes!

Can't wait to see what Andy, Jeff and Alec get up to this time! :heart:
Thanks Sam! :heartbeat: Gonna have to get caught up with your gang again and see what's been going on in your game!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I'll have to try and follow along this iteration! :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse (2.0) - Rotation 1.1 [4/6/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotations 1.1 (Collins) has now finished posting! Read the full rotation here. Rotation 1.2 (Spencer) has now began posting. :)

ciyrose wrote: May 30th, 2022, 7:21 am I'll have to try and follow along this iteration! :)
Yes! Then you'll have the full context for whenever I start rambling on about them in discord. :lol:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Yay. What fun.
Spoiler:
Love Turtle, and you make living in apartments and doing things in the city really fun. I'll have to try it at some point.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:spin:
Spoiler:
I love seeing how you decorate the apartments! And your makeovers of the premades!
Andy had a really nice first rotation :) it was nice to see her and Jeff becoming bros again! And to see Miko turn up again. Love that the new kitty is named Turtle! Sorry to hear about your maine coon cat :heart:

Also did you see the new pack trailer :shifty: :lol:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

ciyrose wrote: June 4th, 2022, 11:51 am Yay. What fun.
Spoiler:
Love Turtle, and you make living in apartments and doing things in the city really fun. I'll have to try it at some point.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what it is about the apartments, but I just really enjoy playing sims in them! I think the city areas just work particularly well with the 'open neighbourhood' feel of 4, where you see a lot of sims out and about and doing things. They also make a super nice backdrop for a bicycle ride, or a jog around the block. And you should!

I would die for Turtle, he's too precious.
Sam wrote: June 5th, 2022, 1:35 am :spin:
Spoiler:
I love seeing how you decorate the apartments! And your makeovers of the premades!
Andy had a really nice first rotation :) it was nice to see her and Jeff becoming bros again! And to see Miko turn up again. Love that the new kitty is named Turtle! Sorry to hear about your maine coon cat :heart:

Also did you see the new pack trailer :shifty: :lol:
Spoiler:
I recently created a new savefile from scratch where I redid all my townie makeovers again... so in about 3 rotations some of townies may have some new looks again. :lol: And the apartments are just so fun to decorate! Coming up with new layouts for the same unit and having to work around certain areas is a nice challenge.

A lot of the similar ground being covered here with meeting the usual gang, but I'm looking forward to later rotations where I get to explore some new things with these guys!

Thanks. :heart: He was an old boy so it would have been his time to go sooner or later.

YES. I'm sure you know exactly how excited I am to have werewolves back. :bounce: And which sims we'll likely see a reappearance of now...
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse (2.0) - Rotation 1.2 [12/6/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 1.2 (Spencer) has now finished posting! Read the full rotation here. Rotation 1.3 (Winchester) is now being posted. :)

And with our new pack coming this week, I'd just like to add that the new werewolf gameplay will begin in rotation 5. ;)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Spoiler:
Ok, love Jeff's update. I also like Aunt Kass, she's pretty. The kitty fist bump is just too cute as well. Also really enjoyed Alec's update so far too. The cursed apartment seems pretty tough for gaining cooking quickly.
Really enjoying see where the story came from for some of the shots you've shared in discord. Looking forward to the rest.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Heather wrote: June 12th, 2022, 1:09 pmI'd just like to add that the new werewolf gameplay will begin in rotation 5. ;)
:bounce: very excited to play with the new pack!
Spoiler:
I love that you gave Jeff an aunt! :heart: Really enjoying that the gang got backstories this time round :)
Alec's first impression of Jeff! :lol:
Of course Jeff would lose his shorts at the pool :lol: I didn't even know the sunscreen thing could happen! The whole thing made me want to add a pool to my save but they're now going into winter so it's not exactly the right season for it :hmm: :lol:
The tiny fist bump! :heart:
The spa is absolutely gorgeous :hearts:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse (2.0) - Rotation 1.3 [22/6/22]

Post by Heather »

ciyrose wrote: June 14th, 2022, 6:40 pm
Spoiler:
Ok, love Jeff's update. I also like Aunt Kass, she's pretty. The kitty fist bump is just too cute as well. Also really enjoyed Alec's update so far too. The cursed apartment seems pretty tough for gaining cooking quickly.
Really enjoying see where the story came from for some of the shots you've shared in discord. Looking forward to the rest.
Spoiler:
She won't feature super heavily in future rotations, but it's fun having a family member around to see when she checks up on Jeff, and to have someone else for him to share any big news with. The kitty fist bump melted my heart when I saw it. :heartbeat: The curse wasn't so much of a hindrance for the cooking skill as it was for keeping Alec's funds out of the red, haha. Having to replace the stove every time it burnt got pretty annoying, I actually turned it off towards the end of his rotation. :lol:
Sam wrote: June 15th, 2022, 3:17 am :bounce: very excited to play with the new pack!
Spoiler:
I love that you gave Jeff an aunt! :heart: Really enjoying that the gang got backstories this time round :)
Alec's first impression of Jeff! :lol:
Of course Jeff would lose his shorts at the pool :lol: I didn't even know the sunscreen thing could happen! The whole thing made me want to add a pool to my save but they're now going into winter so it's not exactly the right season for it :hmm: :lol:
The tiny fist bump! :heart:
The spa is absolutely gorgeous :hearts:
Spoiler:
I started up this save around the time wedding stories was announced, so knowing that we were getting some sims of honour and such to play a part in weddings, I knew I had to give the gang some family this time around!

I hadn't played with the sunscreen prank before, so unfortunately poor Aunt Kass was my guinea pig, haha. And of course, what else would you expect from Jeff? :lol: There's always an indoor pool! I actually ended up rebuilding the pool lot they went to because it wasn't large enough to fit the slip n' slide I wanted to put down, so later on they'll have a magical new pool pop up elsewhere in Evergreen.

Thank you! <3 I spent a lot of time on doing some platform stairs around that pool area.. only for it to be barely visible in the pictures. :duh:
Rotation 1.3 (Winchester) has finished posting, and can be read in full here! Just started a busy summer season at work, so updates will likely be a little less frequent, but hoping to get another round of updates for this out soon, so I can start sharing that werewolf gameplay sooner!
Boo
Origin ID: MightyMinestrone
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Re: The Paraverse (2.0) - Rotation 1.2 [22/6/22]

Post by Boo »

Your game is so beautiful! Andy is my absolute favorite of the bunch. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Boo wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 5:31 pm Your game is so beautiful! Andy is my absolute favorite of the bunch. :)
Thank you! Andy has to be one of my favourite sims I've ever made & played, so I'm glad to hear she is your favourite too! :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Apparently I missed 1.3 :spin: so I'm coming in late :lol:
Spoiler:
I love how you managed to make the apartment look a little worn and run down but still nice!
It was really sweet watching Jeff and Alec get to know one another again :heart:
The woodworking addition to the gallery is genius! And it looks so good! I don't have my sims use the woodworking table often enough, I kind of forget it exists :lol:
Malts and Shakes :hearts: what a cute lot!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse (2.0) - Rotation 2.1 [20/7/22]

Post by Heather »

Sam wrote: July 5th, 2022, 3:40 am Apparently I missed 1.3 :spin: so I'm coming in late :lol:
Spoiler:
I love how you managed to make the apartment look a little worn and run down but still nice!
It was really sweet watching Jeff and Alec get to know one another again :heart:
The woodworking addition to the gallery is genius! And it looks so good! I don't have my sims use the woodworking table often enough, I kind of forget it exists :lol:
Malts and Shakes :hearts: what a cute lot!
Apparently I forgot to update the title to reflect that 1.3 had been posted, so no worries. :lol:
Spoiler:
Alec's a fun one to decorate for! Admittedly I had to go for super cheap furnishings everywhere else because I spent a little too much money on his kitchen, haha. But hey, at least it makes sense for him!
Even though I've paired them together time and time again, it's just so fun watching them get together, and seeing how it changes a little each time! I didn't want to nudge them too much, but they seemed to worm themselves into each other's lives pretty quickly even without my help.
I give most of my sims a woodworking table, funny enough! They don't always use it, but I like to build handiness so they can upgrade things later on, so it's handy (haha) to have if they can't do basic upgrades yet and they haven't gotten anything to fix.
Thank you! :heartbeat: It's up on my gallery @pixeldollhouse if anyone wishes to have it in their game. :)
Rotation 2.1 (Collins household) has now finished posting, and can be read here! Hoping to get 2.2 posting this weekend. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 2.2 [28/7/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 2.2 (Spencer) has finished posting, and can be read here. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 2.3 [8/8/22]

Post by Heather »

Rotation 2.3 (Winchester) has finished posting, and can be read here. :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 2.3 [8/8/22]

Post by Sam »

Swooping in to read the whole second rotation in one go :spin:
Spoiler:
Collins:
I'm glad it's not just my sims that nearly blow themselves up with fireworks :lol: Tiny Turtle chasing the mouse! So cute! Love that she went to the karaoke bar with Miko and Jeff rather than writing her term paper - a problem for later Andy - relatable :lol:

Spencer:
Love Jeff's roommates :heart: having them run around in the background looks like a lot of fun! Balancing homework and sports certainly is a challenge! What do you mean keg stands don't improve performance? :lol: I forget that they can swim in the river in Britechester! Jeff and Alec :heart: the whole cinema to themselves though, that's the dream right? Their date was so cute!

Winchester:
I love that his little house is haunted! And that he's a spellcaster this time round. Jeff losing darts was really funny, that boy is such a sore loser :lol: I really enjoyed Alec's rotation!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Paraverse - Rotation 3.2 [11/9/22]

Post by Heather »

Sam wrote: August 11th, 2022, 11:52 am Swooping in to read the whole second rotation in one go :spin:
Spoiler:
Collins:
I'm glad it's not just my sims that nearly blow themselves up with fireworks :lol: Tiny Turtle chasing the mouse! So cute! Love that she went to the karaoke bar with Miko and Jeff rather than writing her term paper - a problem for later Andy - relatable :lol:

Spencer:
Love Jeff's roommates :heart: having them run around in the background looks like a lot of fun! Balancing homework and sports certainly is a challenge! What do you mean keg stands don't improve performance? :lol: I forget that they can swim in the river in Britechester! Jeff and Alec :heart: the whole cinema to themselves though, that's the dream right? Their date was so cute!

Winchester:
I love that his little house is haunted! And that he's a spellcaster this time round. Jeff losing darts was really funny, that boy is such a sore loser :lol: I really enjoyed Alec's rotation!
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure the last time I sent her to the festival for her aspiration goal she did the exact same thing! Did not know fireworks were so tricky to use in the sims. :lol: A problem for later Heather is a something I say at work all the time, if I'm being honest! As soon as the weekend hits for my uni sims I drop all the class-related work and give them a nice outing or two before getting the rest of their work done.

I enjoyed his soccer squad in the last save so much that I thought it would be fun to make them his actual roomies this time, and I'm glad I did! It was indeed fun watching what they got up to in the background. Oh my god the soccer team is so demanding, I have done it with 4 credits before, and I've vowed never again haha. I think every world from Sulani onwards (except maybe Evergreen?) has swimmable water now! No matter how many times I play those boys it's jsut so cute watching them get together. <3

Needed to throw in some new changes, and I needed an excuse to play a haunted house in this save! More will be coming around the 5th rotation, as that's when I got my hands on the werewolves pack. :shifty: Jeff is the sorest loser I've ever seen and it's hilarious every single time he loses. What's even funnier is that he almost always loses, it's rare to see the poor boy actually win something! Other than his soccer matches, I guess. :lol:
Forgot to update with Rotation 3.1 (Collins) and Rotation 3.2 (Spencer), but they are both available to read! Rotation 3.3 (Winchester) is also being posted at the moment. :)

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”