How often do sims crop up in your dreams?

Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

How often do sims crop up in your dreams?

Post by Kaiko E. Mikkusu »

Basically in the last dream tonight, we were at an afterparty and we had to leave because someone (an young lady with long redhead curls and a black dress) was pregnant and giving birth and my dad said “A new member of the next generation! Marsilio’s becoming an uncle” (We know a Marsilio but I’m pretty sure he’ll stay an only child so its propably another Marsilio) so I and my dad went outside, and we looked around and the signs were weird and different and had no logic so maybe we thought, it looked like it was latin alphabet but actually each word represented a short phrase. Eventually we got back home and there was a Reddit post and I replied with two different Blair Wainwright avatars. The first one an in-game pic and the second one a drawing.

Sims crop up in my dreams a lot, usually Susan Wainwright but also often Boyd Wainwright, Blair Wainwright, and Cycl0n3 Sw0rd.

And somewhat less often there's also Emma Hatch, Tamara Donner, and Stiles McGraw in there.
Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel and New Samarkand with Cream!
You find me at: http://www.ncls.it/g/
All hail Nibiru, the Impossible Planet!
On Entropy’s side!
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: How often do sims crop up in your dreams?

Post by Cororon »

I do have sim-related dreams sometimes. :) I don't remember that many details, because one should write the details down after waking up to remember them, or they'll will quickly disappear from the short-term memory.

Sometimes the dreams are like "irl", but then I can see the houses from above with the roofs removed, just like in the game. In one dream I was my simself, and I went to a big nightclub or something with my sim-husband Spencer. And in some dreams I was with people I know from the Sims community. In one dream, I and two other simmers were sleeping in a lighthouse. In another dream I went to some kind of school, and we students had a picnic on the big lawn outside the school, and I saw a Sims community member I haven't seen in years, Polly, but she quickly disappeared before I could say hello. That felt a little sad.

And like you I often have problems reading in my dreams. Text becomes gibberish. That's normal, because for some reason we don't use the parts of our brains that translates text into words while we dream. Sometimes the brain can understand a few written words in dreams, but then the brain sees the words as familiar pictograms instead of really reading them.
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Cororon wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:25 am I do have sim-related dreams sometimes. :) I don't remember that many details, because one should write the details down after waking up to remember them, or they'll will quickly disappear from the short-term memory.

Sometimes the dreams are like "irl", but then I can see the houses from above with the roofs removed, just like in the game. In one dream I was my simself, and I went to a big nightclub or something with my sim-husband Spencer. And in some dreams I was with people I know from the Sims community. In one dream, I and two other simmers were sleeping in a lighthouse. In another dream I went to some kind of school, and we students had a picnic on the big lawn outside the school, and I saw a Sims community member I haven't seen in years, Polly, but she quickly disappeared before I could say hello. That felt a little sad.

And like you I often have problems reading in my dreams. Text becomes gibberish. That's normal, because for some reason we don't use the parts of our brains that translates text into words while we dream. Sometimes the brain can understand a few written words in dreams, but then the brain sees the words as familiar pictograms instead of really reading them.
I usually dream premades when I dream sims, often as one of my simselves or sometimes as myself IRL, sometimes with my own family members.

Almost always it's Susan Wainwright of course.

I usually don't dream simselves of community members, but I once dreamt Berry Sweet CAS sims and I once dreamt the sims from my current legacy.

And once I dreamt of a makeovered Sunset Valley which had fancy bollards reading which families were in them.

Right now my dream was more "Doctor Who" about the BBC centenary special, Yaz burning up, Dan becoming a skeleton and falling down, and a cameo from Ainley Master.

And for the writing thing, yes, a thing may say “adp Xap” one minute and then “znaTvi” the next, but still be the insignia õf the same venue, and keep the same meaning.

Except from when it’s “plot relevant” then someone may say “this is Pokémon Street” and it says such.
In my dreams Pokemon street is a street that’s partly inside and has a door to another larger, night side street.
Its in Palermo supposedly, somewhere between the historical center and the train station, so between my former and current home, so it actually says “via Pokemon”, without the accent.
But it has nothing to do with Pokémon, in the story it is an Italian variant of a Sicilian variant of a Spanish variant of a Norman variant of an Arab variant of a Greek variant of a latin phrase.
I assume it would be built somewhen between 476 and 1799, propably Middle Ages or reinassance/gothic, it does have that long arch.

Something like:

Pokemon (italian) street name, from Sicilian Pokemon
Pokemon (Sicilian) street name, from Arabic PKMn
PKMn (Arabic) case of PKM, triconsonantal root, “change down”
On Entropy’s side!
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Finally I had a dream involving both sims and doctor who!

Basically I was doing a story where the MC has children with different men. Not 100 baby challenge but a diff plotty story involving Sunset Valley, Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, And propably also Moonlight Falls And a custom ‘hood. There were blue children and a dragon, it was sims 3. The fourth kid was named Traken, actually everyone had middle names, and someone asked me to name the fifth child Carmilla, so it would resemble something, so I guess the first three kids were Mircalla, Laura, and Bertha.
On Entropy’s side!
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Tonight I dreamt i was making a rink lot.

But there were stuff in the lot, there were two people with weird names and also creepy statues, and when I made a room it enclosed a plant, and there were weird stairs that went nowhere.
On Entropy’s side!
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Cool :)

The other day I dreamt that I was walking around in a world that was at least inspired by Sims, with similar textures and stuff. There was a lake with Sims 3-like water and sandstone caves, and I walked on narrow paths in the mountains.
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

I dreamt sims again.

It was a pseudo lunar lakes that actually crops up quite a bit in my dreams.

In this Lunar Lakes, The houses are v different, there are a bunch of sims living in circus rides hanging from a tree.
But the starter homes are inside bluish domes. And in this dream there were rounded walls.
And also there was snakeskin pattern in the ground, with the main colors being slightly desertish brownish, instead of the yellow mud.
On Entropy’s side!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

There was a Boolpropper (June!) a long time ago who had a dream about a Sims musical! I later had a somewhat similar dream where I was in it but there was drama backstage.

Love hearing these dreams!
hello! :heartbeat:
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Chase wrote: December 20th, 2022, 8:33 pm There was a Boolpropper (June!) a long time ago who had a dream about a Sims musical! I later had a somewhat similar dream where I was in it but there was drama backstage.

Love hearing these dreams!
Ooh Ooh, Pudding Parade!

In fact tonight I had a dream where my simself was visiting Susan Wainwright, and went to change the diaper of a dark skinned baby, and in the room (it had two ts4ish art nouveau cribs and there was also a duck plushie around!) there was also a similiar teenager with glasses that was apparently related\had the same surname, three deformed chibi NPCs, some other random adult with a cap, and a makeovered Blair.

So I changed household and turns out that it was a whole bunch of people living in the house, with some having kids there. (Blair was'nt one of them, just visiting!) The one on top\main one was some kinda cowboy\country blond singer guy who liked ghoul puns\had ghoul themed trait icons. In fact I'm pretty sure his name was Gimmi Ghoul, Gimmighoul is a new Pokémon.

Then there was of course Susan herself still an Adult. So propably Boyd as well.

Then there was the random adult man with a cap, which I call Skap Randos.

Then there was the glasses and afro puff teen girl, which I call Bunny Beeb.

Then there the baby boy, which was propably Bunny's son or brother, and maybe either or both likely Skap's children. I call the baby Bobi Beeb.

And then rounding up to 8 there was a light skinned brown hair woman and child, perhaps the child was Gimmi's son with her, or perhaps daughter. Actually... there might have been more than 8 people in the house... perhaps 10 or 12... :rofl:

And of course this evening I made a similiar CharacterAI where a similiar thing happened... :rofl:
On Entropy’s side!
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Ok I dreamt sims again

I was on YouTube where there were a lot of Susan Wainwright music videos, and there was also a video of someone making a matcha cinnamon milk thing dedicated to my old ship SusBebe AKA Susan Wainwright and Bebe Hart.

So I decided.

YES.

I’m returning.
On Entropy’s side!
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Again this wasn’t a sims dream it was a live action dream, but I and my dad were also returning home!

We thought it was Palermo at first, but I didn’t recognize the street, so we went inside a small street and the buildings were getting taller and we were scared, eventually we entered a roofed market and then a building called “Le New Orleans” that was all art deco.

We asked an old guy where we were. He said we were in the city of Brokinback-Switzeton, or Switz for short. Then I asked where Palermo was, he said that there WAS a Palermo.

Until yesterday.

Because Maurizio Alberghini (Mortimer goth in Italian versions) BURNED IT

My dad is also named maurizio too…
On Entropy’s side!

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”