Roots of Emerson - Updated Aug 2023

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Roots of Emerson - New Dec 2021

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, I actually got a post updated!!! It's been a long year, and I know I haven't been super consistent, but hopefully, you enjoy the new update. I do have more coming!
Post 1.08

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

There is another post from the other day that I didn't get posted here. Hope you enjoy: Post 1.09

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I just want to give a quick update to say thank you for the nomination for this story! I have enjoyed writing it so far!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
I can't believe I missed the last two updates but it was great to catch up with two chapters! Tim and Kayla are building a really nice family together. All the kids are super cute and seem to have a great mix of their parent's genetics. Well done on Tim achieving a milestone, his garden looks great. Looking forward to more Emerson updates!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

maryselorraine wrote:
Spoiler:
I can't believe I missed the last two updates but it was great to catch up with two chapters! Tim and Kayla are building a really nice family together. All the kids are super cute and seem to have a great mix of their parent's genetics. Well done on Tim achieving a milestone, his garden looks great. Looking forward to more Emerson updates!
Awww thank you!!! So glad to have you reading. I really do like this little family.
Spoiler:
Tim and Kayla have been one of my favorite couples as of late. They work well together taking care of everything and I agree their kids are a nice mix. I've also just had way too much fun having a "farm" with chickens. lol

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

There is finally a new update for the Emerson family. Find the newest post here.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Roots of Emerson - Updated Oct 2022

Post by ciyrose »

There is actually a new update for the Emerson family. You can find it below:
Post 1.11

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Roots of Emerson - Updated Jan 2023

Post by ciyrose »

There is a new post for you all to enjoy AND there is an heir poll to vote as well!
Post 1.12
WP Heir Poll OR BP Heir Poll

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

You are always so great at giving me feedback on my challenges I decided to start reading some of yours and loving them all so far. I just got caught up on the Roots of Emerson and can't wait for more.
Spoiler:
1.01 – Great start to the story. I wouldn’t like the fruit cake either but good for Tim for still being social. Wow a spellcaster and a vampire in the same chapter. I like how you turned the vampire attack into a dream.
1.02 - I am glad their date at the restaurant went so well. It looked like they got their food at a reasonable time. I have sent sims on “lunch dates” and it will be midnight and they won’t have food yet. Kayla is really pretty. I bet their kids will be cute.
1.03 - Kayla and Tim seem like a great couple. I am impressed by the number of sims at the nightclub. Usually when I send my sims out the venue is empty. The fight between Nancy Landgraab was too funny but also very fitting. Nancy seems like she could be on a reality show like “Real Housewives of Oasis Springs.” I have appreciated it when you have told me similar things but the link at the bottom of the page going to 1.04 is not clickable.
1.04 – The wedding was lovely and their Halloween party looked fun. Can’t wait to see their first baby.
1.05 - I was amazed how thin Kayla was throughout her pregnancy. Most of my sims look like they could be having twins almost day one. Kevin is a great name – I can’t wait to see what he looks like. I have a feeling he is going to be super cute.
1.06 – Cottage Living was such a great pack for this type of challenge. I love the addition of the chickens as they will know have fresh eggs too. The updated kitchen is so pretty. Love the blue. Kevin is such a cute toddler. The link to 1.07 is not clickable.
1.07 – The toddlers playing with the baby chicks is such a cute animation. Twins! I figured that would be a big surprise for Tim. He seems like one that likes to plan ahead and be prepared for everything. Ryan and Jennifer are great names.
1.08 – The twins are so cute as toddlers. That cottage living hair for girls is one of my favorites. Kevin is a cute kid too – love the glasses. I enjoy how you are incorporating the holidays. I usually end up canceling them but this is inspiring me to put some of them back in.
1.09 - I am glad you added the oversized crops to the farm. I could see Tim growing an award winning pumpkin or head of lettuce. I am glad Kevin made a good friend and the twins are cute kids. I can’t decide yet which one will be perfect for the next heir but am looking forward to learning more about them in the next chapters.
1.10 – Jennifer seems very popular with the kids in the neighborhood. I always struggle to form friendships for my child sims unless they have cousins or the parents have friends with kids. I love the relationship Tim has with his chickens. They have become true family pets. OH NO! Poor Kayla and Kevin getting new fears.
1.11 – Poor chickens. Always so sad to see pets of any kind pass away. I just learned something new – I didn’t even know the backboard on the basketball hoop could break. Poor Ryan seems like the odd man out with his siblings. It is interesting that Jennifer is closer with her older brother Kevin than her own twin. Oh no – now he has a mean streak too. That won’t help his relationship with his siblings. Poor Kevin still afraid of the dark – he is a handsome teenager.
1.12 – Oh Kevin – stay away from that cow plant! Now he has a fear of that too. I could see him as the heir – as the eldest he is expected to take over the farm but he hates the dark and is afraid of the cow plant. He joined computer club and I could see those interests taking him away from the farm. I could also see Ryan as being a good heir – he isn’t as close to his siblings and could see that taking him away from the farm. I like Jennifer but she seems to be the most settled into farm life helping with the animals. Looking forward to the results of the heir poll.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Awww, well I'm glad you are enjoying them. I really need to get some posts written up and posted again, but you know, life isn't always so easy. lol
Spoiler:
1.1: Thank you, the vampire "attack" was actually quite funny in that, he did hypnotize Tim but didn't bite him, just cleaned up the house and left, so I figured it was more fun to turn it into a dream. :)

1.2: OMG I know. I was quite surprised and happy with that restaurant cause I've had the same.

1.3: I actually use MCCC to boost the number of sims on a lot. Also, THANK YOU for letting me know about the link! I try so hard to catch all of them but it seems inevitable I miss some! It has been fixed and I appreciate it!

1.4: I had so much fun with this family early on, not that I still don't, but it was so exciting.

1.5: Kayla really was SUPER thin the whole pregnancy. I think it's because she is so fit, but I could be wrong. Most of my sims look SUPER pregnant the moment they find out too.

1.6: Once again, thank you SO MUCh for letting me know about the link. It has been fixed! Thank you about the kitchen, I feel like I changed this house so many times, but it doesn't really SEEM like that much in the blog. lol I was SO excited to have chickens from cottage living, it was a great pack for this.

1.7: I was SHOCKED by the twins, but probably should have expected it. Still, I was so happy we had a little girl. I didn't want a TON of kids, the lot and house are not big enough for a large garden, chickens, and a ton of kids. :)

1.8: Haha, well thank you, I enjoy the holidays myself. I really love these kids.

1.9: I agree about the oversize crops, Tim feels like someone that would plant them for sure.

1.10: I struggle a lot on kids making friends outside of family too, but I was determined with Jennifer. :) I adored these guys and their chickens!!!

1.11: Kevin had a rough time with that fear, but I think he's quite handsome too. It was very odd that Jennifer was closer to Kevin then Ryan, but I feel like Jennifer and Kevin are similar to they just get along better I think.

1.12: I love all these kids, and I love your reasons for why you think they would be good or not for heir. I might have to use your ideas for my story.
Thanks so much for reading and the lovely comments, and letting me know about the links. :)

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Roots of Emerson - Updated Aug 2023

Post by ciyrose »

The Emerson's are back with another update! We get to see who wins the heir poll this time!
Post 1.13

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
ooh lovely pics, so does the chick with fiery eyes do anything when it gets older or just a weird thing?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

peachy123uk wrote: August 16th, 2023, 10:59 pm
Spoiler:
ooh lovely pics, so does the chick with fiery eyes do anything when it gets older or just a weird thing?
Spoiler:
The chick, I believe, turns into an Evil Chicken when it grows up, which also has firey eyes. It means they will more likely lay obsidian eggs, and they "protect" the family from enemies, vampires, foxes. I have never actually had one so I'm not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure.
Thanks for reading!!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts