A Life Worth Living - DITFT updated April 22

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

A Life Worth Living - DITFT updated April 22

Post by Calamity Jade »

As if I don't have enough generational challenges! ^^ This would be Differences in the Family Tree, I'm curious to see how far I can get.
Last edited by Calamity Jade on April 22nd, 2023, 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: A Life Worth Living - DITFT

Post by Ani-Mei »

Nice start, I may make a new file in Sims 3 for the converted Riverblossom Hills I got for it. As I am currently on generation 7 in my DITFT...
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I love Riverblossom hills neighbourhood. Not a glitch on his sock, that is something like a badge. And I think you broke a rule with the karaoke machine (it is an electronic device) but otherwise, I do like Leod he is a nice person. Love the baby name too
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Ani:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I actually like the layout of Riverblossom Hills a lot so it's my go-to neighborhood for doing challenges like this.
Peachy:
Spoiler:
A badge huh? Wonder what it means. I didn't see any mention of electronics being forbidden on the Sims 2 DITFT thread on Boolprop, unless there is another ruleset to refer to. I'm starting to like Leod too, even if I couldn't get his name right at first!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Sorry silly me getting my challenges mixed up that is for the EPIC challenge
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
Steam ID: Le Tresor Interdit
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Spoiler:
It's been a while since I've seen someone start a DITFT; I like this so far.
Oh, Leod McGreggor, good choice! He's cute, and I've enjoyed what little I've played of his house. And perhaps it was fate after all, considering that he ended up having the Nature OTH.
Yep, sometimes you just want a simple meal, even if it tends to leave a, shall we say, bad aftertaste. :P
For a minute, I thought no one could get a job outside the house this generation, but I was probably thinking of the EPIC challenge the same as Peachy, whoops!
Oh, nuts, Leod has had a run of bad luck. Good thing Iris was able to get him back on his feet, at least. By this point, it might be tempting fate for them to adopt a dog. :hmm:
Iris is making good progress on her skill badges; based on personal experience, she'll probably manage a gold gardening badge before the next batch of crops come in.
Yay, the first baby is here! Dahlia's a pretty name, too. I thought of something, though: It reminded me of twin sisters named Iris and Dahlia from the third Ace Attorney game.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

B.Scirocco:
Spoiler:
I've had my eye on starting this challenge for some time(and I'm a sucker for long generational challenges), so thank you, glad you're liking it!

Yes I think Leod was fated to be the spouse, the Nature hobby was just a lucky coincidence but since he is written as a single farmer it's just perfect. I did find it funny how he has chemistry with most of the premade ladies of Riverblossom Hills.

Hehe, this challenge is a bit similar to the EPIC but not quite. Which is a good thing because the family certainly could use the extra income.

He actually rolled the want to obtain a pet when he first moved in :rotfl: Maybe he's more a cat person. The lightning strike was impeccably bad timing, but hilarious from my end.

Yeah I'm fairly confident Iris will get the gold badge soon. The oh-so-smart simmer that I am, I always start the neighborhood in the spring so I get the chance to harvest crops early. What I'm not looking forward to? Planting the fruit trees because man, those are pricey. Winter will be a good time to get in the flower arranging.

I named Iris and Dahlia after flowers, as you might have guessed, but that's funny that those are also names from Ace Attorney. With any luck, the next kid will be a boy, IF multiples don't kick in. *knocks on wood*

Thanks so much for your comments! :heart:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: A Life Worth Living - DITFT updated Feb 22nd

Post by Calamity Jade »

New chapter is up!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
At least Dahlia isn't in an Apocalypse with maxed playful huh? Always gotta be one that makes the challenge more interesting. Good seeing the garden thrive with little badge efforts. I'll be checking in on this. :)
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Ani:
Spoiler:
That is true! I think I was lucky in my Apoc since the first couple of generation had more or less serious kids. But Dahlia can at least get into private school. But I don't wanna risk it though, with a bare house and all. Starting from spring really got me a headstart on the gardening skill, so hopefully as soon as springtime rolls around we can get the gold badge. Flower arranging is also going a lot slower, I assume it's because Iris is lacking a skill that makes the progress go quicker.
Nooboostar:
Spoiler:
Hehe, thanks, comedy is what I live for in the sims! Leod is usually seen as the town grump because he is the telescope slapper, I've decided to give him a heart. xD I hadn't played much with the Riverblossom premades before, until I gave some makeovers for the Valentines challenge. Yep, the game decided to throw me a bone with having the right number of kids, and no more. We'll take those!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: A Life Worth Living - DITFT updated March 21st

Post by Calamity Jade »

This was long overdue for an update: Chapter 1.3 - "Can't We Be Friends?"
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
all caught up
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

Spoiler:
It looks as though Dahlia will be the next generation's business tycoon. Considering her snow goons and how she plays with other kids, I worry about her future coworkers and employees. Perhaps the red tint to her pupils when she aged up wasn't a graphical glitch.
Having lots of playful points must be tough when there's not much money for toys. I found that gardening was a good way to build fun when there aren't many other options -- *sees Dahlia's reaction to weeding* -- hmm, never mind.
Poor Leod can't catch a break when it comes to chance cards, can he? At least he didn't get fired, and it's a good thing Iris had some reserves. On a related note, good job completing the generational goals!
I am wracking my brain trying to understand the rationale behind Melvin's turn-ons; maybe, growing up on a farm, he got tired of homestyle cooking and prefers fast food. :shrug: By the way, what were Dahlia's turn-ons?
Wow, Leod aged gracefully, although maybe red or green would suit him better. (But don't ask me for fashion advice!)
Really enjoyed reading this update; it made me grin a few times. :)
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Thank you for reading, both of you!

B.Scirocco:
Spoiler:
Yes Dahlia will be inheriting because I think her personality is most suitable and also, I've already skilled her up considerably for the business career. I'm sure her aggressive personality will work wonders in the business world, but I fear I have my work cut out to find her a husband.

Yeah too many playful points is a pain especially when the kids are young and you have to cope with doing homework, fulfilling their fun need. They barely have time to do anything for fun before they pass out in bed.

Thank you! These goals weren't too difficult imo, more about time management. It's nice to play a challenge with concrete goals but also not full of restrictions where you constantly have to check if you're breaking any rules (looking at you, Apocalypse) And yes, Leod can't catch a break with some of these chance cards and it's not getting any better in this current update I'm working on.

Perhaps Melvin got tired of a diet of vegetable juice and sparkling fish, the fish is fattening so maybe that interferes with his Sports hobby. As for Dahlia, she's into overweight men in underwear, just as long as they're not wearing hats. So I'm guessing the future spouse will be eating lots of leftover fish once we find him.

I did end up getting him his signature kilt outfit later on, I couldn't take looking at that transition outfit much longer xD. I only wish I had gotten him up to gold aspiration before aging up, but he didn't have any easy to fulfill wants. Which is too bad because I have a feeling his lifespan is going to be rather short.

Thanks so much for commenting! BTW, I'm slowly working through the newer chapters of the Ventis saga, so you'll likely see a comment from me in due time. ^^
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: A Life Worth Living - DITFT updated April 22

Post by Calamity Jade »

Started this post ages ago but only now have gotten around to finishing. First generation is complete!

Chapter 1.4 - "Aging and Ambition"
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Well done for completing your first generation.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

B. Scirocco
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Winners Choice

Post by B. Scirocco »

All caught up!
Spoiler:
Yes, I can't imagine how eggplant juice would taste. At least most of the other juices sound like something you could make in real life, but apparently someone at EAxis believes that if it tastes bad, it must be good for you.
Both Melvin and Dahlia got off to a rough start in terms of romance. I can't imagine why Jacob kept shutting Dahlia down; maybe he's just shy. Or he needed a bit more lifetime relationship; I haven't quite worked out all the details about why some Sims are so much more receptive.
I agree, Popularity sims are easy to please. I'd say it's a close match between them and Family in a legacy-style playthrough.
Good job getting the kids into private school; that's an impressive social score.
Poor Leod, he keeps getting the raw end of the deal at work. Law Enforcement seems to be one of the more demanding career paths. On a more positive note, good job completing the optional goal for Iris!
Yep, I laughed when I saw Dahlia's outfit. At the rate she's going, maybe she should marry Matthew Smith from the garden club; he looks like Santa Claus. :lol:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

B. Scirocco wrote: April 25th, 2023, 9:38 pm All caught up!
Spoiler:
Yes, I can't imagine how eggplant juice would taste. At least most of the other juices sound like something you could make in real life, but apparently someone at EAxis believes that if it tastes bad, it must be good for you.
Both Melvin and Dahlia got off to a rough start in terms of romance. I can't imagine why Jacob kept shutting Dahlia down; maybe he's just shy. Or he needed a bit more lifetime relationship; I haven't quite worked out all the details about why some Sims are so much more receptive.
I agree, Popularity sims are easy to please. I'd say it's a close match between them and Family in a legacy-style playthrough.
Good job getting the kids into private school; that's an impressive social score.
Poor Leod, he keeps getting the raw end of the deal at work. Law Enforcement seems to be one of the more demanding career paths. On a more positive note, good job completing the optional goal for Iris!
Yep, I laughed when I saw Dahlia's outfit. At the rate she's going, maybe she should marry Matthew Smith from the garden club; he looks like Santa Claus. :lol:
Sorry, I meant to reply to this sooner! Thanks for reading/commenting, it's much appreciated.
Spoiler:
I'm not a big fan of eating actual eggplants, so I think I'd pass on the juice even on the potential I could get a random skill point.
So I actually investigated it by visiting Jacob's house, turns out he is going steady with one of the Riverblossom playable girls so it totally makes sense he would refuse Dahlia's advances. So it turns out he's an honorable guy!
Popularity definitely feels easier than Family at times, especially if the Family sims roll those big wants like have a Baby or have their kid be an Overachiever. Means they're often in low green until they get that want.
Thanks! I'm glad the social score paid off because they definitely wouldn't get in with the house hour, lol!
Dahlia's transition outfit was killer, I haven't played the game in a while but when I do I will have my work cut out for me finding a spouse.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”