MySims Legacy Challenge - Finally a new update

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 5/21/23

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
oh dear the children left without a father and such a good one too
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 5/25/23

Post by ciyrose »

Back for some more finally.
Spoiler:
2.8: Phew, poor Ada, twins would be so exhausting. I knew I like Luke! OMG, I did NOT see that coming with the cereal! Wow, Tristan dead....geez. The youngest kids growing up, so cute! Geez, these crazy neighborhood stories this time around. I love all the kids, they are all so cute! The girls look so much like Ada, so cute! Yay for Sapphire! I'm happy for her! I love Sulani for a trip and wedding! Woo, such good things happening for Ada right now! Windenburg makes a LOT of sense for Ada! I love it!

2.9: Awww, I love the "mural" what a cute idea! The whole house is looking wonderful. Good job Luke with the jobs! Awww a new little boy! Welcome Blake! So we have one more pregnancy to go. I am loving the house, very well done!
Ok, I didn't have a ton of time tonight so I've got to leave this here, but I will hopefully be back soon to get closer to caught up!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Still so far to go to catch up!
Spoiler:
2.10: Ooh, I love the updated living room. It's so nice looking! They got some good gifts, enough to give a nice bathroom it looks like. Love the music titles, very fun! OMG, look at little Blake, what a cutie! All those toddlers are adorable! I'm surprised you managed to have a successful toddler playdate, I never am able to get that done. I love all the freckles! So cute all these kids! I'm excited to meet baby 4 and see what they are like as heir!

2.11: Wooo, very successful new skill day. Everyone is doing really well! Those two events happening right together (the crush and meeting a kid) was perfect timing. How cute! What a beautiful vacation and kava party! This was quite a successful update for the family! (Just as a very quick side note there is no link to go to chapter 12, and your MySims link at the top only lists gen 1, so I didn't know there was more beyond chapter 11 I might have missed it, just in case you wanted to have the link.) :)

2.12: Man it is the WORST if you don't get candles on a cake fast enough! Blake really is a cutie! All the kids are. Oh dang!!! HOLY COW!! Both parents??? Sheesh, I thought it was bad enough he went first, AGAIN, so I guess I can't blame her for just not wanting to go through that alone again. The house looks AWESOME!

2.13: The girls really are lovely as teens, and 2 aspirations done is pretty good! I have done an awards ceremony successfully, but it has been a long time since then, so I have no idea what it would be like now. It's possible it's gotten very broken since all the updates? (A link to move to chapter 14 was also missing here. Totally fine if it's what you want, just wanted to mention it since it's usually on there.)

2.14: I'm all for finding ways to make things fun for you. I agree, I would follow the kids to school some too, even if they aren't heirs. I tend to do it a few day here and there. HAHA, James' reply to prom makes so much sense. Welcome to the challenge heir Belinda!

2.15: You are doing good on all the parties! There are so many to host! Oh my goodness what an adorable toddler Belinda is!!! She is going to be a fun heiress! I really wish I had ideas on rolls for you. Maybe the goals of the next generations might spur some new ones for Belinda, but man I just don't know what to give you. I'll keep thinking, you might have more ideas since this because I'm so far behind. :)
For now I'm going to call it for today though, really good updates! I'm enjoying the family a lot and am excited to continue later.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: June 7th, 2023, 2:42 pm Still so far to go to catch up!
Spoiler:
2.10: Ooh, I love the updated living room. It's so nice looking! They got some good gifts, enough to give a nice bathroom it looks like. Love the music titles, very fun! OMG, look at little Blake, what a cutie! All those toddlers are adorable! I'm surprised you managed to have a successful toddler playdate, I never am able to get that done. I love all the freckles! So cute all these kids! I'm excited to meet baby 4 and see what they are like as heir!

2.11: Wooo, very successful new skill day. Everyone is doing really well! Those two events happening right together (the crush and meeting a kid) was perfect timing. How cute! What a beautiful vacation and kava party! This was quite a successful update for the family! (Just as a very quick side note there is no link to go to chapter 12, and your MySims link at the top only lists gen 1, so I didn't know there was more beyond chapter 11 I might have missed it, just in case you wanted to have the link.) :)

2.12: Man it is the WORST if you don't get candles on a cake fast enough! Blake really is a cutie! All the kids are. Oh dang!!! HOLY COW!! Both parents??? Sheesh, I thought it was bad enough he went first, AGAIN, so I guess I can't blame her for just not wanting to go through that alone again. The house looks AWESOME!

2.13: The girls really are lovely as teens, and 2 aspirations done is pretty good! I have done an awards ceremony successfully, but it has been a long time since then, so I have no idea what it would be like now. It's possible it's gotten very broken since all the updates? (A link to move to chapter 14 was also missing here. Totally fine if it's what you want, just wanted to mention it since it's usually on there.)

2.14: I'm all for finding ways to make things fun for you. I agree, I would follow the kids to school some too, even if they aren't heirs. I tend to do it a few day here and there. HAHA, James' reply to prom makes so much sense. Welcome to the challenge heir Belinda!

2.15: You are doing good on all the parties! There are so many to host! Oh my goodness what an adorable toddler Belinda is!!! She is going to be a fun heiress! I really wish I had ideas on rolls for you. Maybe the goals of the next generations might spur some new ones for Belinda, but man I just don't know what to give you. I'll keep thinking, you might have more ideas since this because I'm so far behind. :)
For now I'm going to call it for today though, really good updates! I'm enjoying the family a lot and am excited to continue later.
@ciyrose - Thanks for the wonderful comments. I really love this family - they have been so fun to play and that house is one of my favorites. I had never done anything with an industrial style before but I really thought it fit Ada's style and vibe. I usually get tired of playing in the same house generation after generation but I was tempted to keep the family in this house. But I decided to let the wheel spin decide that. Reading your comments is always fun for me because they remind me of moments that I forgot about. Thanks for catching the issues with the links to Chapter 11 and Chapter 14. I will make sure to get that fixed. I sometimes forget to go back and add them if it has been awhile between posts. I am currently taking a short break from this family to focus on the Build a Circus Boolprop 17th Birthday Challenge and I just started a new save for the Pride/Summer Fete 2023 - Summer Sims Challenge. Hopefully that will give you more time to catch up. ;)
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 3:23 pm @ciyrose - Thanks for the wonderful comments. I really love this family - they have been so fun to play and that house is one of my favorites. I had never done anything with an industrial style before but I really thought it fit Ada's style and vibe. I usually get tired of playing in the same house generation after generation but I was tempted to keep the family in this house. But I decided to let the wheel spin decide that. Reading your comments is always fun for me because they remind me of moments that I forgot about. Thanks for catching the issues with the links to Chapter 11 and Chapter 14. I will make sure to get that fixed. I sometimes forget to go back and add them if it has been awhile between posts. I am currently taking a short break from this family to focus on the Build a Circus Boolprop 17th Birthday Challenge and I just started a new save for the Pride/Summer Fete 2023 - Summer Sims Challenge. Hopefully that will give you more time to catch up. ;)
I agree, the industrial style really did fit Ada's style. I totally understand about being reminded of moments, I love that when it happens to me too. No problem about the links, I miss things like that on my own blog no matter how hard I try and catch them all and always appreciate when someone else me know something is missing or broken. If I keep having some slow enough days that I get some reading in I'm sure I will catch up. I have to decide if I will do a summer challenge or not....the idea of having even MORE challenges, even if it's short may not be on my list this year, but we'll see...maybe.
Spoiler:
2.16: Ah, Bruno can't be an elder cat already!!!?? Just like IRL, pets just age too fast. I just love Luke, I'm glad my feeling about him being the right pick were correct. Aww, I like those little shelves for the MySims trophies! One of the only things I wish about prom was it wasn't always who your sim voted for. Still, it's nice to have your sims winning. Wow, congrats on the gold on ALL events. I'm not that good at all the events yet!

2.17: I also have no idea if wedding events have "levels" like that either. I love Belinda, she's just so adorable! Awww, bye bye Bruno! :cryingeyes: OOh, that was a good wheel spin to add in! Well guess the next generation is on the way, although you are still TECHNICALLY working your way through this gen.

2.18: The way she is so confident about telling him makes me nervous for Bonnie. Uh huh, I was worried about that. Poor Bonnie! Oh dear, poor Nathan. Mom's are never ones to cross. lol Oh wow, I didn't actually expect that from Nathan, but he always was a bit iffy, so good riddance. Eeee, I love Belinda!!! Wow, I can't say I've had those sorts of issues with weddings. How weird! Awww, the family picture was so good!

2.19: Ok, I know it's a small thing, but I love the picture of Billie and James doing like the little heart on the stand. So cute!!! Oh boy, triplets???!!! Wow. I still have yet to have true triplets in my game. I know someday it will happen. OOoooo, smooth Ada! Poor Freya, but I'm glad Blake was able to do it. Hopefully, Freya will come around with time. She might just need distance right now. Oh geez! This family's luck with "baby daddies" and the story progression has been TERRIBLE. First Tristian and now Nathan. Dang Storry Progression has it out for these guys! Poor Bonnie! Those are very sweet names and a nice sentiment. Wow, your game REALLY trolled your rolls this time!!! What fun though, I'm glad you just went with it, that was super intereting.

2.20: Good job Blake!!! Congrats to him, and oh man, there are certain times I wish the fame wasn't SO enticing. Like at a restaurant or graduation. It's crazy! The triplets are ADORABLE!!! OMG, wow, the game is really throwing it at you lately!!! At least Ada was able to save Bonnie! GEEZ What a lovely end to the generation! They deserve to just enjoy their golden years!
Wow, that was quite the set of updates to end Gen 2! Congrats though, very fun!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, I get to start the next generation! Woohoo!!! I'm at least caught up to the current gen.
Spoiler:
3.1: Hey just so you know, the Elmira pic seems broken, maybe it's just me, but just a heads up for you. This will be fun to see the "original" vs "updated" rules go. I didn't even pay any attention to "old" vs "updated" for the rules here. The bonuses will be fun too I think. I don't think I've ever noticed it says "write dollhouse stories" how fun. I really should read those pop-ups more often. lol Wow, 3 aspirations? Good job Belinda! Bonnie's kids are so adorable!

3.2: The new booknook kit seems MADE for Belinda! I like following Belinda for high school, with the rest of the goals out of the way it makes sense. Ah, she is going to be turned on my intellectual things, makes sense. Ouch, story progression strikes your family agian! I like that Belina is going to go to prom even though she was hesitant. She will hopefully have fun.

3.3: Awww, poor Belinda. It's hard to have a major crush that isn't returned. I'm sure she will find someone else, and it's great that she can still have Sharma as a best friend! That is a nice cemetery, a good set-up for all the ones you want to keep. Yeah the fair messages are a bug. I had the same and went looking. It's really weird. Poor Belinda, finding herself being attracted to everyone who isn't attracted to her so far.

3.4: Belinda is doing great on all these skills. Charisma is one of the hardest ones (of the base skills) to level up I think. Oooh, graduating early. I mean really, why not? Now she can focus on a lot of the other things she needs to. I like the idea of spinning a wheel for dating, going to prom, even what club to join (depending on what makes sense of course), that type of thing. I can lead to some interesting twists that you wouldn't necessarily expect or automatically do on your own.

Chapter 3.5: OMG, an embarrassment death. I know those can happen but have never managed to have one myself. Oooh, Samara left the cute girl alone, possibly ghosted?? OH NO, not ghosted....yikes. Poor Belinda, no luck on the love front AT ALL. You never know girl, just give it all time. Tough wheel there, but it makes sense.

Chapter 3.6: That is a cool mod, I really didn't love not being able to have a business and apartment, not that you can't kind of "cheat it" but you still need a "home" lot and if you don't own the business it won't really work, so I like the idea of her living over a coffee shop. Makes a lot of sense for a new uni student not in student housing. Ok, I'm probably going to feel dumb, but MWF and TTh? Oh dear, professor, don't do it Belinda, at least not until after graduation! Good girl, at least wait for now. Oh no, warning warning warning!!! Oooh, it was a wheel spin. What fun!

Chapter 3.7: Oh dear, a baby is on the way with the professor. At least she's almost through school. YAY, he was smart to wait until she was graduated, and now they can hopefully be happy together. I'm happy the wheel like Colin be happy. That was a fun spin to have.

Chapter 3:8: The family seems so happy in their little corner of the world and with friends as neighbors if they ever do want to be social it's an easy call to make. I love the house too, very cute. I wish so much that other sims could purchase books written by sims, or they would show up in your bookcases. I'm glad you can at least make a copy. Awww, poor Luke and Ada, but they had a wonderful life. I'm sure they would have loved to meet Belind's children though. Oh geez, FIVE???!!! Wow and here Colin was worried he was past being able to have a kids. lol

Chapter 3.9: Awww, I love that idea for a children's book. What a cute concept! I love the idea of using these messages to write books. I haven't actually tried for the messages in a bottle collection yet, but it's so cute! I have to admit I had totally forgotten they were still just engaged. lol I think the only thing I could have thought of was if they got married at the festival or somewhere else (or even, get married, stay engaged) or something. But I think you've used that before and I'm sure it could get repetitive.

Chatper 3.10: What a sweet chapter, the kids are so cute together and yay for a little boy. Only 3 more to go, which is just crazy to about with Colin being an elder already. A really fun update.
And with that, I read more than I meant to today but I was caught up in enjoying Beinda's story. I'm getting close to catching up though!! YAY

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: June 12th, 2023, 3:17 pm Ok, I get to start the next generation! Woohoo!!! I'm at least caught up to the current gen.
Spoiler:
3.1: Hey just so you know, the Elmira pic seems broken, maybe it's just me, but just a heads up for you. This will be fun to see the "original" vs "updated" rules go. I didn't even pay any attention to "old" vs "updated" for the rules here. The bonuses will be fun too I think. I don't think I've ever noticed it says "write dollhouse stories" how fun. I really should read those pop-ups more often. lol Wow, 3 aspirations? Good job Belinda! Bonnie's kids are so adorable!

3.2: The new booknook kit seems MADE for Belinda! I like following Belinda for high school, with the rest of the goals out of the way it makes sense. Ah, she is going to be turned on my intellectual things, makes sense. Ouch, story progression strikes your family agian! I like that Belina is going to go to prom even though she was hesitant. She will hopefully have fun.

3.3: Awww, poor Belinda. It's hard to have a major crush that isn't returned. I'm sure she will find someone else, and it's great that she can still have Sharma as a best friend! That is a nice cemetery, a good set-up for all the ones you want to keep. Yeah the fair messages are a bug. I had the same and went looking. It's really weird. Poor Belinda, finding herself being attracted to everyone who isn't attracted to her so far.

3.4: Belinda is doing great on all these skills. Charisma is one of the hardest ones (of the base skills) to level up I think. Oooh, graduating early. I mean really, why not? Now she can focus on a lot of the other things she needs to. I like the idea of spinning a wheel for dating, going to prom, even what club to join (depending on what makes sense of course), that type of thing. I can lead to some interesting twists that you wouldn't necessarily expect or automatically do on your own.

Chapter 3.5: OMG, an embarrassment death. I know those can happen but have never managed to have one myself. Oooh, Samara left the cute girl alone, possibly ghosted?? OH NO, not ghosted....yikes. Poor Belinda, no luck on the love front AT ALL. You never know girl, just give it all time. Tough wheel there, but it makes sense.

Chapter 3.6: That is a cool mod, I really didn't love not being able to have a business and apartment, not that you can't kind of "cheat it" but you still need a "home" lot and if you don't own the business it won't really work, so I like the idea of her living over a coffee shop. Makes a lot of sense for a new uni student not in student housing. Ok, I'm probably going to feel dumb, but MWF and TTh? Oh dear, professor, don't do it Belinda, at least not until after graduation! Good girl, at least wait for now. Oh no, warning warning warning!!! Oooh, it was a wheel spin. What fun!

Chapter 3.7: Oh dear, a baby is on the way with the professor. At least she's almost through school. YAY, he was smart to wait until she was graduated, and now they can hopefully be happy together. I'm happy the wheel like Colin be happy. That was a fun spin to have.

Chapter 3:8: The family seems so happy in their little corner of the world and with friends as neighbors if they ever do want to be social it's an easy call to make. I love the house too, very cute. I wish so much that other sims could purchase books written by sims, or they would show up in your bookcases. I'm glad you can at least make a copy. Awww, poor Luke and Ada, but they had a wonderful life. I'm sure they would have loved to meet Belind's children though. Oh geez, FIVE???!!! Wow and here Colin was worried he was past being able to have a kids. lol

Chapter 3.9: Awww, I love that idea for a children's book. What a cute concept! I love the idea of using these messages to write books. I haven't actually tried for the messages in a bottle collection yet, but it's so cute! I have to admit I had totally forgotten they were still just engaged. lol I think the only thing I could have thought of was if they got married at the festival or somewhere else (or even, get married, stay engaged) or something. But I think you've used that before and I'm sure it could get repetitive.

Chatper 3.10: What a sweet chapter, the kids are so cute together and yay for a little boy. Only 3 more to go, which is just crazy to about with Colin being an elder already. A really fun update.
And with that, I read more than I meant to today but I was caught up in enjoying Beinda's story. I'm getting close to catching up though!! YAY
Thanks for all the great feedback. Belinda has been one of my favorite sims to play, so glad you were enjoying her generation so far. Thanks for letting me know about the Elmira image not loading.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I can understand why you like her so much, she's very fun. I have some ideas for my own take on it when I eventually get there from reading yours. :)
Spoiler:
3.11: Toddlers give some great faces. Charlotte does look kind of scary mad. lol Oh yay, the new stuff has arrived! Looking forward to seeing how infants go for you. I love the quirks, I haven't had a snuggly sleeper yet, so cute. Toddler/Infant interactions are SO CUTE! I haven't been able to get to the food trying yet, the one infant I've had didn't get to sitting up so I haven't gotten to food trying yet, but I look forward to it. All right, one more baby to get to the heir, but 2 more of course to get to 5. Belinda is doing great as a mom, and Colin as a dad too of course!

3.12: Congrats on all those baby milestones! You must have worked hard on those, and using the carrier is a really good idea for the snuggly sleeper. Poor Ambrosia, another loss, but this is the cycle of life.

3.13: Aww, I guess all that love and holding as an infant made Carter feel like he could try things and still be protected. :) What a cool idea to put the books in a keepsake box!!! I love that idea. LOL....poor Colin getting splinters. These kids are adorable! I'm glad Colin gets to father the heir. I am curious what you will do with the final baby though.

3.14: Awww, I'm glad Colin was able to come back to at least learn about the pregnancy, but the poor family. Oh a mid-life crisis and a change in career directions. I like it, that's fun!

3.15: Oh dear, I'm worried what these means....oh good, a little girl. That is a fun wheel idea, since you don't HAVE to go in order! Aww, a wiggly toddler. So cute. Charlotte is BEAUTIFUL. I love her! Awww, yay, I was hoping she would like Demarcus! Oh boy, back to school. All right, and that's a really good way to handle the "change." I like it!

3.16: YAY, I was hoping maybe Lana would play a roll! Catherine is so cute!!! I am glad she's going to be heiress, I think that will be fun, and I love the froggy outfits to fit with Hopper!

3.17: Congrats on the grades, the collection, and being ready to move on to have that last baby. lol

3.18: That Mind & Body, I know that one. lol She is ADORABLE! I love these kids this gen, they are so cute! Love the room updates! Very cute, and fitting for all these sims, love it. Aww, that's going to actually be a sweet thing to have happen thanks to the wheel.

3.19: OOh a science baby with the brother....fun!! I love that they added that option. Aww Bonnie and Billie? So close together. Belinda was a pretty late baby for Ada though. Oh no,not Chaucer too!!! TWINS!??? That's unexpected. Oh, the twins born in a hospital this time. I'm a bit surprised Belinda went that route this time. Yay for the final babies being here!
With that I'm actually caught up!! Woo, looking forward to what comes next!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: June 14th, 2023, 1:18 pm I can understand why you like her so much, she's very fun. I have some ideas for my own take on it when I eventually get there from reading yours. :)
Spoiler:
3.11: Toddlers give some great faces. Charlotte does look kind of scary mad. lol Oh yay, the new stuff has arrived! Looking forward to seeing how infants go for you. I love the quirks, I haven't had a snuggly sleeper yet, so cute. Toddler/Infant interactions are SO CUTE! I haven't been able to get to the food trying yet, the one infant I've had didn't get to sitting up so I haven't gotten to food trying yet, but I look forward to it. All right, one more baby to get to the heir, but 2 more of course to get to 5. Belinda is doing great as a mom, and Colin as a dad too of course!

3.12: Congrats on all those baby milestones! You must have worked hard on those, and using the carrier is a really good idea for the snuggly sleeper. Poor Ambrosia, another loss, but this is the cycle of life.

3.13: Aww, I guess all that love and holding as an infant made Carter feel like he could try things and still be protected. :) What a cool idea to put the books in a keepsake box!!! I love that idea. LOL....poor Colin getting splinters. These kids are adorable! I'm glad Colin gets to father the heir. I am curious what you will do with the final baby though.

3.14: Awww, I'm glad Colin was able to come back to at least learn about the pregnancy, but the poor family. Oh a mid-life crisis and a change in career directions. I like it, that's fun!

3.15: Oh dear, I'm worried what these means....oh good, a little girl. That is a fun wheel idea, since you don't HAVE to go in order! Aww, a wiggly toddler. So cute. Charlotte is BEAUTIFUL. I love her! Awww, yay, I was hoping she would like Demarcus! Oh boy, back to school. All right, and that's a really good way to handle the "change." I like it!

3.16: YAY, I was hoping maybe Lana would play a roll! Catherine is so cute!!! I am glad she's going to be heiress, I think that will be fun, and I love the froggy outfits to fit with Hopper!

3.17: Congrats on the grades, the collection, and being ready to move on to have that last baby. lol

3.18: That Mind & Body, I know that one. lol She is ADORABLE! I love these kids this gen, they are so cute! Love the room updates! Very cute, and fitting for all these sims, love it. Aww, that's going to actually be a sweet thing to have happen thanks to the wheel.

3.19: OOh a science baby with the brother....fun!! I love that they added that option. Aww Bonnie and Billie? So close together. Belinda was a pretty late baby for Ada though. Oh no,not Chaucer too!!! TWINS!??? That's unexpected. Oh, the twins born in a hospital this time. I'm a bit surprised Belinda went that route this time. Yay for the final babies being here!
With that I'm actually caught up!! Woo, looking forward to what comes next!
@ciyrose - Glad you were able to get all caught up. I have been missing this family and may need to get back to playing them soon.
Spoiler:
The reason I went for the hospital birth is Pandasama's Realistic Pregnancy mod doesn't have an option for multiple births at home. Your sim has the first baby and then the other one just appears. So I figured with twins it made sense to go to the hospital.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 6/20/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Both Gen 1 and Gen 2 had 20 chapters. I honestly thought that I was going to use chapter 20 to wrap up a couple of things and then start Gen 4. But first the game and then the wheel had other ideas for me. The actual game created some major drama that was only supported and made worse by the wheel spins. This resulted in having to write some additional chapters in order to finish Gen 3. So here are the final 4 chapters of this gen.

Generation Three: Chapter 20- New
Generation Three: Chapter 21- New
Generation Three: Chapter 22- New
Generation Three: Chapter 23- New
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oooh, it's exciting to be able to just jump into new posts! Also intrigue, what did the wheel and game do to change your plans??? Interested to see.
Spoiler:
Also, the hospital makes a TON of sense if the mod doesn't like the multiples at home. Totally understand.
Chapter 20: Awww, look at little Charles and Caroline. Interesting mix it looks like so far. Cute that the twins are so different! Love what you did with the booknook kit, it's so perfect for her! Poor Belinda, it's so hard with twins when you are practically by yourself. WHHHAAAA?????? Oooo, Lana, you are a piece of work. Of course she hasn't been to a show, she's trying to keep the twins alive and learning!! Damn, that is cold Lana. WOW, what a set of things to happen. I'm kind of glad you ran with it, what an interesting twist.

Chapter 21: Oh boy, Belinda has a VERY full house. For being a loner her situation turned out very differently then I think she likely expected. She's a trooper!! Still, glad that cousin Lisa is in the family still. I guess that's one way to get Catherine a dog. :D I love the shot of all the teens playing video games. It's so realistic for teens to just be wherever while hanging out like that. These two are quite the pair aren't they? lol The wheel was REALLY intent on Belinda having a very full house wasn't it?

Chapter 22: The toddler room is adorable! Good job Carter! Wow, Lisa is pretty as a teen!!! Also, way to go Carter. Catherine really does love animals, makes sense since she's heir, but still. I still think it's silly children can't take at least small dogs on walks. Awww, I'm glad Colin is back. A fun way to do the wheels. The game has given you some interesting spins or things to spin for due to the way it's spun. lol

Chapter 23: Awww, Colin is just the BEST daddy. What a LOVELY end to this generation. I love Catherine's unique style. Very cute. Belinda accomplished SO MUCh while also raising SO MANY kids. Great job!!
What fun updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: June 20th, 2023, 3:05 pm Oooh, it's exciting to be able to just jump into new posts! Also intrigue, what did the wheel and game do to change your plans??? Interested to see.
Spoiler:
Also, the hospital makes a TON of sense if the mod doesn't like the multiples at home. Totally understand.
Chapter 20: Awww, look at little Charles and Caroline. Interesting mix it looks like so far. Cute that the twins are so different! Love what you did with the booknook kit, it's so perfect for her! Poor Belinda, it's so hard with twins when you are practically by yourself. WHHHAAAA?????? Oooo, Lana, you are a piece of work. Of course she hasn't been to a show, she's trying to keep the twins alive and learning!! Damn, that is cold Lana. WOW, what a set of things to happen. I'm kind of glad you ran with it, what an interesting twist.

Chapter 21: Oh boy, Belinda has a VERY full house. For being a loner her situation turned out very differently then I think she likely expected. She's a trooper!! Still, glad that cousin Lisa is in the family still. I guess that's one way to get Catherine a dog. :D I love the shot of all the teens playing video games. It's so realistic for teens to just be wherever while hanging out like that. These two are quite the pair aren't they? lol The wheel was REALLY intent on Belinda having a very full house wasn't it?

Chapter 22: The toddler room is adorable! Good job Carter! Wow, Lisa is pretty as a teen!!! Also, way to go Carter. Catherine really does love animals, makes sense since she's heir, but still. I still think it's silly children can't take at least small dogs on walks. Awww, I'm glad Colin is back. A fun way to do the wheels. The game has given you some interesting spins or things to spin for due to the way it's spun. lol

Chapter 23: Awww, Colin is just the BEST daddy. What a LOVELY end to this generation. I love Catherine's unique style. Very cute. Belinda accomplished SO MUCh while also raising SO MANY kids. Great job!!
What fun updates!
@ciyrose - glad you enjoyed the update! I just heard that the horse pack has been confirmed so I might need to wait until it comes out to start Gen 4. I can totally see Catherine having baby goats and horses.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Designergirl81 wrote: June 20th, 2023, 3:39 pm @ciyrose - glad you enjoyed the update! I just heard that the horse pack has been confirmed so I might need to wait until it comes out to start Gen 4. I can totally see Catherine having baby goats and horses.
It has indeed, and the baby goats from the pictures I've seen are adorable. I can totally see Catherine having those for sure

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: MySims Legacy Challenge - Updated 7/4/23

Post by peachy123uk »

! Message from: peachy123uk
ooh nice to spend all that time with the animals
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

NextWish
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by NextWish »

Your story has pulled me in and I love it!
Spoiler:
Poor George! :cryingeyes:
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

NextWish wrote: July 5th, 2023, 8:42 am Your story has pulled me in and I love it!
Spoiler:
Poor George! :cryingeyes:
Glad you are enjoying the story.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh boy, I had totally missed there were new posts (but just as a heads up, there isn't a link to continue to chapter 33 of last gen, or to start gen 4 on the main page) :D So excited to get into the new generation!
Spoiler:
4.0: It's kind of fun to jump around. I haven't decided if I will do that or just keep going straight through. I already love the outfit you gave Cat.

4.1: Wow, already with the feathers?? Great job George!! That's one goal down and you've just started. haha, I love that Cat spent prom looking at cat videos. Feels very appropriate. 3 pregnancies, another sim that feels like thy will have more kids then probably would be expected. Fun.

4.2: Awww, what a nice way to get the family out to Henford. Congrats on all the aspirations and birthdays! Oh no, poor George! I hate when I forget to do things like turning off aging! I probably say it more often then I mean to, but I always love spying all the picture walls and stuff around the house. Do you have something that lets you take just screenshots and turn them to pictures, or do you actually capture all those with a sim taking a picture? I love that the keepsake box contains all these things, it's either a VERY heavy box, or is a Mary Poppins box. :) The wheel spins were very nice to you this time, giving lots of things that match with some of the things you were kind of wanting, and should bring some fun!
A super fun set of updates as usual!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Glad you enjoyed the chapters and thanks for the heads up on the links to chapter 13 and the start of Gen 4. I will get that fixed.
Spoiler:
4.0 - I think I will do a mix of letting the wheel decide and going in order. For example, I think it makes since to still do the T.O.B.O.R generation right after the Dr. F generation because they seem to go together. But others seem like they could be done at random.

4.1 - I was surprised that George had managed to get all the feathers. I figured it was going to be close but was sure I would still be missing one or two of the rarer ones. I agree that Catherine feels more like she would have one kid because she is so busy with her animals. The wheel seems set on my having big households.

4.2 - I use the ISO Love Photos mod by RavasheenI love it. You can set the camera on any surface including the floor and then just click on it and say take photo. Your sim doesn't even need to be in the same room. It has been great for getting photos of infants, toddlers, and pets because I put it on the floor or a coffee table so I am at their height. If you have the tripod that came with Moschino Stuff it will slot on there too but you don't actually need your sim to stand behind the tripod to take a photo. It pairs great with Ravasheen's Photographic Memory 2.0 mod that lets you turn any photo into a canvas, postcard, and more. I love having children and teens take photos with their friends and then use that mod to turn them into postcards because then you can put them on the bulletin board.
ciyrose wrote: July 10th, 2023, 10:19 am Oh boy, I had totally missed there were new posts (but just as a heads up, there isn't a link to continue to chapter 33 of last gen, or to start gen 4 on the main page) :D So excited to get into the new generation!
Spoiler:
4.0: It's kind of fun to jump around. I haven't decided if I will do that or just keep going straight through. I already love the outfit you gave Cat.

4.1: Wow, already with the feathers?? Great job George!! That's one goal down and you've just started. haha, I love that Cat spent prom looking at cat videos. Feels very appropriate. 3 pregnancies, another sim that feels like thy will have more kids then probably would be expected. Fun.

4.2: Awww, what a nice way to get the family out to Henford. Congrats on all the aspirations and birthdays! Oh no, poor George! I hate when I forget to do things like turning off aging! I probably say it more often then I mean to, but I always love spying all the picture walls and stuff around the house. Do you have something that lets you take just screenshots and turn them to pictures, or do you actually capture all those with a sim taking a picture? I love that the keepsake box contains all these things, it's either a VERY heavy box, or is a Mary Poppins box. :) The wheel spins were very nice to you this time, giving lots of things that match with some of the things you were kind of wanting, and should bring some fun!
A super fun set of updates as usual!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”