Rotational Season Help!

supergirldayna
United States of America

Rotational Season Help!

Post by supergirldayna »

I have a question for people who do Rotational play in their games. How do you set up seasons? I have seasons set to 28 days so I can play between 4 households for 1 week each. However I see people jumping between 5 or more households and I wanna know how you set up seasons so every household you play will experience all the seasons! Is it a mod or something?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Rotational Season Help!

Post by Heather »

When I have an odd number under/over 4, I just use UI cheats to manually change my seasons! There is an in-game cheat to do it though if you are unable to/prefer not to use mods: seasons.set_season [0-3] (remove the brackets), with 0 being summer, 1 fall, 2 winter, and 3 spring. :)

UI cheats is such a help when it comes to so many things though - like completing aspiration goals that get stuck, or changing the weather/temperature, so I highly recommend it if you're interested!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I have 12 households at the moment. My seasons are set up to run for 2 weeks at a time, and I restart the season with MCCC where I need to, using the option on the mailbox. It does mean I play through holidays several times a rotation though, which isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

Heather's right though, you don't necessarily need MCCC, or any mod, to change the season - there's a cheat for that.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I myself have 10 families and I have my seasons set up to run 4 weeks and then I play each family 2 weeks each. I don't "change" the season so everyone gets the same season each round the season switches every 2 families, but all the families do eventually experience all the seasons (just across 4 rounds.) This way everyone gets to experience holidays and such and I just set up holidays to repeat every two weeks. So if I have a holiday the 2nd week of Fall, then the 4th week of Fall they repeat, so every two families get the same holidays, but it also keeps me from having everyone get the same holidays every round as well (keeps it interesting for me.) It works for me, I enjoy actually switching seasons and families since I have quite a few, and I don't have a running story specifically between all of them since they each have their own challenge.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”