Do they have identities

Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Do they have identities

Post by Kaiko E. Mikkusu »

If I make sims of Freddy fazbear and sonic the hedgehog, and they have kids with Boyd wainwright, and name them Elpher Fazbear and Denver the Hedgehog, then not only Elpher and Denver show up as half siblings to each other, but they show up as half siblings to Blair.

which I guess could imply they have a separate identity, it is known that they have different non-Boyd parents because those parents all have a different identity from each other, Freddy has a different identity from Sonic who has a different identity from Susan!

Or it is? It might not be a case of having identities, it’s just a case of a VIDEOGAME distinguishing, internally, Susan wainwright from Freddy and Sonic!

And since it’s a videogame - AKA you aren’t actually physically dancing or flirting with them! It’s JUsT A GAME! None of them have any identity.

Which means, actually, Freddy, Sonic, Susan, and a vase, don’t have any separate identity from each other, cuz none of them has any identity. Which means that according to real life people in my hometown, they’re worse than real life people are, because real life people have identities, but VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS don’t have identities, just like how vases and other OBJECTS also. Don’t have an identities.

So when asked about a pic of either Freddy, Sonic, or Susan, a person in my hometown would say: “This is Freddy/sonic/susan, IT is a VIDEOGAME CHARACTER, it has NO identity” just like how with a vase you’d say the same thing: “this is Klabo, IT is a VASE, it has NO identity” - it has a different name and design from other vases, just like how Freddy and sonic have different names and designs from Susan, yet none of those vases have identity, like how none of those VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS have IDENTITY.

Basically they’re identity-less objects and not people, they can’t have an identity, they’re worse than human people and I should apparently be invested in them and their real life identities, of the humans who surround me in real life, instead.

But I can’t. It seems like when I’m invested in something, it’s because there’s something in it that reminds me of Susan, as if it (Susan) had an IDENTITY instead of being a VIDEOGAME CHARACTER.

It was like that for the country of Georgia and is like that for Luvic of Traken. Yet, apparently, once I’m not obsessed anymore, once I’m fully healthy, I wouldn’t consider Susan to have an identity and I will be interested in the real life people who surround me! But it takes time!
Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel and New Samarkand with Cream!
You find me at: http://www.ncls.it/g/
All hail Nibiru, the Impossible Planet!
On Entropy’s side!

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”