Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 3/30/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 3/30/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

This is the landing page for my combination Career Legacy and Master Simmer Challenge. I found Rishella's career legacy challenge really interesting and like the side quests she added to each generation, for example in the Actor generation the heir needs a scar on their face or the freelancer has to wear a hat with every outfit. The only thing I don't like is that the challenge focuses on the career as a whole not the individual branches. I wanted a chance to play all of the careers, so that is where the Master Simmer challenge comes in because it has goal sets for each career branch.

Overview & Succession Laws
Generation One: Week 1 - Spring
Generation One: Week 2 - Summer
Generation One: Weeks 3 & 4 - Fall
Generation One: Week 5 - Winter Part 1 - NEW
Generation One: Week 6 - Winter Part 2 - NEW
Last edited by Designergirl81 on March 29th, 2024, 11:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge

Post by ciyrose »

I have really loved the master simmer challenge, and just recently have been seeing the Career Legacy, so I'm excited to see how you put them together!
Spoiler:
This seems like a fun way to combine the two! I like both of these two, and an actress that's also a cat lady seems perfect for Holly. I also like the idea that Alex is a Diamond Agent, but also wants to be a best-selling author. I think he would write about diamonds and being an agent. lol Oh, spy thrillers is a really good one! OMG, a cat named Diamond is PERFECT! LOL...well for now I guess Diamond IS the child. Aww, I love Diamond all grown up, and Crystal is another cutie! Isn't Holly supposed to have a facial scar? Maybe she does and I've just missed it too. Not that it matters a fun challenge, but was just curious. :)
That was a fun read!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: August 9th, 2023, 5:30 pm I have really loved the master simmer challenge, and just recently have been seeing the Career Legacy, so I'm excited to see how you put them together!
Spoiler:
This seems like a fun way to combine the two! I like both of these two, and an actress that's also a cat lady seems perfect for Holly. I also like the idea that Alex is a Diamond Agent, but also wants to be a best-selling author. I think he would write about diamonds and being an agent. lol Oh, spy thrillers is a really good one! OMG, a cat named Diamond is PERFECT! LOL...well for now I guess Diamond IS the child. Aww, I love Diamond all grown up, and Crystal is another cutie! Isn't Holly supposed to have a facial scar? Maybe she does and I've just missed it too. Not that it matters a fun challenge, but was just curious. :)
That was a fun read!
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I am having a lot of fun with this challenge.
Spoiler:
I forgot to give Holly the facial scar when I first created her in CAS but did go back in and add it later. I think the stage makeup for her acting gigs covers it up though. I imagine that one of her cats scratched her and that is what caused the scar. I will try to draw more attention to it in the next update.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 10/10/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here is the next chapter in this legacy.

Generation One: Week 2 - Summer

Question for everyone:
Spoiler:
I am new to the Master Simmer Challenge so question for those that have played it before. Holly completed her Master Simmer Set 42 as she has a woohoo bush on the lot, completed the feather collection and had a cat have kittens. So can Holly roll for a new challenge set? I thought the rules said one per sim but then I thought I read some challenge stories where a second one was selected after completing the first one. If anyone has any advice on this I would appreciate it.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Yay for a new week! An answer to your question:
Spoiler:
I always understood the rules to be only 1 can be completed by a sim, and you are right the rules state as such. So I would say if she's done, she's done and you don't need to focus on anything for her (specifically) and can focus on others. It could be a good time to focus on some of the harder child ones since you won't be worried about Holly. However, while technically against the rules, I'm sure if you REALLY wanted to give her another one you could. Depends on how closely you want to follow that. I will be myself, but I have 100 generations to go for the one family in the hood, so I don't feel the need to "challenge" myself more by trying to squeeze them all into a set number of generations (which is how it was initially written) and will use it as a more laid back family (although a few of these sets are pretty crazy to try and get done with one sim.) Hope that helps.
Now, onto week 2!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Yay for kittens, and it's good that you are slowly getting the kitties trained up. Aww, the kittens are so cute! I do love the actor career, it's just so much fun! Woo, a nooboo on the way, took a bit for risky to strike (or maybe you planned it.) The end of this week was rather relaxing, although there was a lot of socilizing going on.
A good second week!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: October 17th, 2023, 5:29 pm Yay for a new week! An answer to your question:
Spoiler:
I always understood the rules to be only 1 can be completed by a sim, and you are right the rules state as such. So I would say if she's done, she's done and you don't need to focus on anything for her (specifically) and can focus on others. It could be a good time to focus on some of the harder child ones since you won't be worried about Holly. However, while technically against the rules, I'm sure if you REALLY wanted to give her another one you could. Depends on how closely you want to follow that. I will be myself, but I have 100 generations to go for the one family in the hood, so I don't feel the need to "challenge" myself more by trying to squeeze them all into a set number of generations (which is how it was initially written) and will use it as a more laid back family (although a few of these sets are pretty crazy to try and get done with one sim.) Hope that helps.
Now, onto week 2!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Yay for kittens, and it's good that you are slowly getting the kitties trained up. Aww, the kittens are so cute! I do love the actor career, it's just so much fun! Woo, a nooboo on the way, took a bit for risky to strike (or maybe you planned it.) The end of this week was rather relaxing, although there was a lot of socilizing going on.
A good second week!
Thanks for reading and providing feedback.
Spoiler:
I appreciate the advice regarding the sets. Since Holly is done with her Cat Lady set I will probably just have her focus on her acting career. I still have Alex's set and as you mentioned I will soon be able to tackle some of the kid ones. The baby was not planned. I was relying totally on risky woohoo. I was actually surprised by how long it took Holly to get pregnant.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 12/15/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Generation One: Weeks 3 & 4-Fall has been posted. I just bought For Rent but told myself I can't play with it until I get all of my other updates posted or I will get to far behind in writing. So you can expect several updates to all my stories over the next few days.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 12/15/23

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
the family is growing so nicely and all those cats
UPCOMING EVENTS:

Peachy's Holiday
I am away from the 6th to 13th
I will be Menorca with the sunshine
and drinks :toast:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Career Legacy/Master Simmer Combo Challenge - updated 3/30/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am on a roll with the updates and here is part 1 and part 2 of the next round of the Career Legacy/Master Simmer challenge.
Spoiler:
Be prepared for the drama!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, I am so close to being caught up, but extra behind on this family! Reading your posts really has just kicked in my desire to play my own save. I'm pretty impressed by your ability to do each day of the week. I can't seem to keep track of what happened when, even in my own pictures, but maybe I'll try myself some time, see how it goes.
Spoiler:
Fall: Oh boy twins! James and Jason are GREAT names for the boys. Awww, the boys are both so cute as infants and easy to tell apart. :) I hear you about the picture-taking. It was not a "glitch" in my mind, but a feature. Yeah, I would like to get a different lot for the Starlight accolades too. I love that recolor of the tent, so cute! Aww, it might have taken forever, but that family photo is really cute.

Winter 1: The boys are so cute, and good job on getting the toddler goals out of the way already, and good luck with getting all the kid ones done. I'm sure you'll be able to do it, although with all the extra ones now I'm not sure that would still be accurate. I love the makeover you gave both boys, so handsome. At least you don't HAVE to do anything with the midlife crisis stuff if you don't want to. It does go away on it's own eventually. The new house looks great! That felt like a very full week for the family!

Winter 2: Wow, Holly actually failed an audition at this point? That's pretty wild. I guess she just wasn't right for that part. lol Feels like you've been getting a fair amount of alien abductions lately. Yikes, didn't really see that coming from Alex, even though we know he has the midlife crisis. Awww, I like how this is going with them. They have work, but there is hope. A good end to the two weeks. Hopefully it goes well next season!
Another get set of updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: April 12th, 2024, 2:29 pm Woo, I am so close to being caught up, but extra behind on this family! Reading your posts really has just kicked in my desire to play my own save. I'm pretty impressed by your ability to do each day of the week. I can't seem to keep track of what happened when, even in my own pictures, but maybe I'll try myself some time, see how it goes.
Spoiler:
Fall: Oh boy twins! James and Jason are GREAT names for the boys. Awww, the boys are both so cute as infants and easy to tell apart. :) I hear you about the picture-taking. It was not a "glitch" in my mind, but a feature. Yeah, I would like to get a different lot for the Starlight accolades too. I love that recolor of the tent, so cute! Aww, it might have taken forever, but that family photo is really cute.

Winter 1: The boys are so cute, and good job on getting the toddler goals out of the way already, and good luck with getting all the kid ones done. I'm sure you'll be able to do it, although with all the extra ones now I'm not sure that would still be accurate. I love the makeover you gave both boys, so handsome. At least you don't HAVE to do anything with the midlife crisis stuff if you don't want to. It does go away on it's own eventually. The new house looks great! That felt like a very full week for the family!

Winter 2: Wow, Holly actually failed an audition at this point? That's pretty wild. I guess she just wasn't right for that part. lol Feels like you've been getting a fair amount of alien abductions lately. Yikes, didn't really see that coming from Alex, even though we know he has the midlife crisis. Awww, I like how this is going with them. They have work, but there is hope. A good end to the two weeks. Hopefully it goes well next season!
Another get set of updates!
Thanks for reading and commenting. It is always appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the update.
Spoiler:
My trick for doing each day of the week is to pick something to either start or end each day with. For example, it helps when I have toddlers because you will notice that I often end the day with one of the adults reading a toddler a bedtime story. Or I might start a day with a photo of everyone eating breakfast together. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep track either. I found the tent recolor on Mod The Sims and it is called the Volcanic Kid's Play Tent. The creator has some others that look like a sky filled with stars and cupcakes. I am glad you liked the family photo. I couldn't believe when Holly failed the audition. I was so surprised but like you said she must not have been right for the part. Originally, I was planning on just ignoring Alex's midlife crisis because I didn't really see it for him either but he was so tense all the time. And then he got nominated for the Accolade Award for his writing but when we went to the ceremony Holly won for best actor even though she had never been nominated. And I could imagine that he would start feeling this resentment about her fame and all the attention she was getting and that it would just boil over with this one-night-stand. But I am glad they are working things out because I do like them together.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”