100 Glorious Gardens - Updated 4/16/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

100 Glorious Gardens - Updated 4/16/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

This is the landing page for my Glorious Garden Legacy which is part of my larger Achievement Challenge. This challenge is a little different because I am actually combining several different legacy challenges that are all flower or plant based. This will be the legacy family I use to earn the 100 Generation Legacy achievement. Below is a list of the flower/plant themed legacy challenges I have found so far. So far that only makes 92 generations, so if anyone knows of any flower/plant or nature themed legacies I am missing please let me know in the comments below.

Overview & Succession Laws
Generation One - Week 1: Summer
Generation One - Week 2: Fall
Generation One - Weeks 3 & 4: Winter
Generation One - Week 5: Spring Part 1 - NEW
Generation One - Week 6: Spring Part 2 - NEW
Last edited by Designergirl81 on April 15th, 2024, 11:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: 100 Glorious Gardens

Post by ciyrose »

I really like your idea of combining a bunch of these garden legacies together. I was planning on combining a couple, but it could be fun to do more, since the hood itself has to go for 100 gens.

So they aren't specifically plant-based but you might be able to combine the All That Weather legacy (it's only 5 gens, but still) and the Colors of Nature maybe? Again, not specifically plants, but nature at least. The only other idea I would have would be to search legacies and find the "farmer/nature" generations and add them together. There is also an interesting Mother Nature challenge, not sure if it would work, but maybe with tweaking. There is also the Flower Legacy that I am playing, which is only 6 generations, but still, could give you a bit more cause it does seem to be a bit different, although some is quite similar, but might give you some other options. Anyway, onto the post!
Spoiler:
Oh my, Aspen is such an adorable sim! I have never really done the odd jobs, but it's kind of fun to the types they have, even if they are all in Sulani. I love it when sims do a think you want autonomously, like ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend. What a fun challenge so far, at least to read.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses, it's a interesting version of this challenge so far!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: 100 Glorious Gardens

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: September 18th, 2023, 1:37 pm I really like your idea of combining a bunch of these garden legacies together. I was planning on combining a couple, but it could be fun to do more, since the hood itself has to go for 100 gens.

So they aren't specifically plant-based but you might be able to combine the All That Weather legacy (it's only 5 gens, but still) and the Colors of Nature maybe? Again, not specifically plants, but nature at least. The only other idea I would have would be to search legacies and find the "farmer/nature" generations and add them together. There is also an interesting Mother Nature challenge, not sure if it would work, but maybe with tweaking. There is also the Flower Legacy that I am playing, which is only 6 generations, but still, could give you a bit more cause it does seem to be a bit different, although some is quite similar, but might give you some other options. Anyway, onto the post!
Spoiler:
Oh my, Aspen is such an adorable sim! I have never really done the odd jobs, but it's kind of fun to the types they have, even if they are all in Sulani. I love it when sims do a think you want autonomously, like ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend. What a fun challenge so far, at least to read.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses, it's a interesting version of this challenge so far!
Glad you enjoyed the legacy so far. Thank you for the suggestions on other nature themed legacies. I will have to check them out. I had never done the odd jobs before either so it has been fun trying them.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: 100 Glorious Gardens - Updated 11/6/23

Post by Salem »

Spoiler:
I had a laugh at Aspen's face when she discovered that she's pregnant lol! That really took everyone by surprise! It's a good thing that Duane took the news well!
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Yay a new update!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Aspen is doing pretty good with the odds jobs. What fun! I need to try these sometime. Social Bunny is WAY OP. I almost never use it anymore, but it is great for teens. I had to laugh at that odd job, whose requirement was "not a dragon." lol Oh boy a baby, guess she needs to get on that house building. She could use the money, AND the space for a baby. The house looks nice, and yay for the marriage. A really good week for Aspen!
Great update.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: November 10th, 2023, 4:54 pm Yay a new update!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Aspen is doing pretty good with the odds jobs. What fun! I need to try these sometime. Social Bunny is WAY OP. I almost never use it anymore, but it is great for teens. I had to laugh at that odd job, whose requirement was "not a dragon." lol Oh boy a baby, guess she needs to get on that house building. She could use the money, AND the space for a baby. The house looks nice, and yay for the marriage. A really good week for Aspen!
Great update.
Glad you enjoyed the update. I just posted Weeks 3 & 4. I can't believe I almost finished another rotation. I am having so much fun with all of these families.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: 100 Glorious Gardens - Updated 4/16/24

Post by ciyrose »

Just as an aside to start, thank you for your thoughts on doing the posts of each day of the week. I spent the first 2 weeks of the next family playing with the idea of doing that in mind, and not only do I feel like I was way better and more cognisant of taking the pictures, so I got more and better ones, but it felt like I actually had a little bit of a "story" going on. So thank you, it really did make a difference. I won't do it for ALL my families, but the achievement families I probably will. Just makes the week feel more alive and full.
Spoiler:
Winter 3 & 4: So I had the same "dilemma" about Sulani, because there are too many goals in different generations to do the same thing. Personally, I'm just going to go with it, because there is just no way everyone is going to be able to clean up Sulani, and I'll figure out something that suits that generation as another 'goal' when I get there. Maybe a collection, having to take so many underwater pictures, visiting the sea turtles, etc. Just something, because it's not going to be doable to keep it "dirty" for everyone. lol YAY for a baby girl! Those lot taxes are burtal for sure! Lelani is a cutie as an infant! LOL, I love that she stole the marriage certificate!! Too funny, at least you can order a new one. I hear you about the snowy Winterfest. It feels "wrong" every time I have a warm or tropical Winterfest in the game. I'm getting used to it. :) Interesting about the milestone, I haven't ever had it not unlock in the morning, but you could be right about it being number of hours vs the specific hours she slept. Oh my, she looks so cute as a toddler!!! Wow, you did all that at the festival and STILL lost? You did get robbed! All the toddler actions are so cute! Oh boy a wiggly Talla, she's also adorable! I love living next to the ocean to watch toddler splash around, it's so cute! Love your family photos. I should really try and do that from time to time, it's cute, but I have never used poses before.

Spring 1: That rec center is really cute! YAY a boy!!! The girls are adorable though! Ooh, another wiggly infant! Kai is adorable! Duane seems like a rock star! HAHA, I find it funny while she broke in (weird about the door btw) and stole all their stuff, then she was scared by the ghost! lol Nice try with the garden! I haven't had too many more issues with gardening, although there are still the occasional issues, but it's seemed to work better again.

Spring 2: YAY for a successful festival this time! Oh goodness, 4 birthdays? So many at one time! Too bad about the crash! I guess you could have looked at the screenshot, but I've been there, having not written something down. At least Independent is also a good trait. Aspen is a pretty child! I love how she can steal a whole piano! lol I never think to have my kids friends help with projects. It's like they have a "group" project that way. I need to try that sometime. I don't know why they always sit at the computer desk either, so silly. Wow, another piano. How did she manage to hid it while blackmailing them? lol Well, at least you got second place ribbons for both? Man, the kleptomaniac skill is PAYING OFF for Aspen. Their new house is beautiful! They have come a long way from when Aspen started! Oof, I understand about doing the same thing twice. I'm probably going to be doing the critic career with 2 sims next generation. Just how it worked out, but running a restaurant is a bigger deal for sure. I think running a property is a pretty cool change, still fits the 'story' really well. Chances are the challenge hasn't been updated for the new packs anyway, so I think, go for it!
Great updates, as always!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: 100 Glorious Gardens - Updated 4/16/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

I am glad you found my suggestions for doing the posts for each day of the week helpful. I don't do that for other saves outside of my Achievement families either because for those I just tend to wrap up a chapter whenever it feels natural - like after the birth of a baby or following a birthday. With the Achievement challenge being confined to a two week period I decided to keep track of the days and so far have been enjoying that style of storytelling so I am glad you are enjoying it too. Also thanks for your comments on the chapters and your advice regarding Gen 2.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”