The Travelers Postcard Legacy - updated 4/16/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

The Travelers Postcard Legacy - updated 4/16/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

This is the landing page for my Postcard Challenge which is part of my larger Achievement Challenge. A full list of the rules can be found here. This challenge currently has 23 generations but I would really like to make it 26. Since the challenge hasn't been updated since July 2021 it doesn't take into account a few of the newer packs. Therefore, I plan to add a few of my own generations. I have come up with two so far and am open to additional ideas.
  • The Rancher - champion rider aspirations, rancher, horse lover
  • The Educator - academic aspiration, education career
Overview & Succession Laws
Generation One - Week 1: Fall
Generation One - Week 2: Winter
Generation One - Week 3 & 4: Spring
Generation One - Week 5: Summer Part 1 - NEW
Generation One - Week 6: Summer Part 2 - NEW
Last edited by Designergirl81 on April 16th, 2024, 4:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Travelers Postcard Legacy

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
love the horses and the house
UPCOMING EVENTS:

Peachy's Holiday
I am away from the 6th to 13th
I will be Menorca with the sunshine
and drinks :toast:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Congrats on getting to the end of the round!!
Spoiler:
Quick note, your link to the chapters on your succession laws page isn't actually a link (I think it's meant to be at least.) :) I like the idea of starting with the rancher stuff, especially since you already have farming, it's a fun idea. Ooh, I like your goals! Also, LOVE the name Wildfire for a horse! Fantastic! A very eventual first day. Bummer about not winning that first competition, but I'm sure that will start to change. Gotta start somewhere. I do kind of wish dancing skills made a larger difference in the way they perform any dancing. Wow, the caves have a whole lot to them. I'm excited to check them out at some point. Oh no, rough start to the day when you set yourself on fire. Glad he was able to put it out....twice. Wow, really rough morning. Ooh, Sienna is pretty! Woo, these competitions are going much better now! Awww, a foal already!! YAY.
What fun!! Great job, there was a lot happening.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 10:02 am Congrats on getting to the end of the round!!
Spoiler:
Quick note, your link to the chapters on your succession laws page isn't actually a link (I think it's meant to be at least.) :) I like the idea of starting with the rancher stuff, especially since you already have farming, it's a fun idea. Ooh, I like your goals! Also, LOVE the name Wildfire for a horse! Fantastic! A very eventual first day. Bummer about not winning that first competition, but I'm sure that will start to change. Gotta start somewhere. I do kind of wish dancing skills made a larger difference in the way they perform any dancing. Wow, the caves have a whole lot to them. I'm excited to check them out at some point. Oh no, rough start to the day when you set yourself on fire. Glad he was able to put it out....twice. Wow, really rough morning. Ooh, Sienna is pretty! Woo, these competitions are going much better now! Awww, a foal already!! YAY.
What fun!! Great job, there was a lot happening.
Thanks for catching the missing link. I try to remember to go back and add those but sometimes I forget.
Spoiler:
I had no idea the cave was so detailed until I started exploring it. I am looking forward to having him explore it more. Sienna is one of the pre-made sims that came with the Horse Ranch pack. I think she is pretty too and think they make a great couple. I can't wait to see what their baby looks like.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Travelers Postcard Legacy - updated 11/6/23

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Cute boys and the picture snow and horses lovely
UPCOMING EVENTS:

Peachy's Holiday
I am away from the 6th to 13th
I will be Menorca with the sunshine
and drinks :toast:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Got all caught up!
Spoiler:
Horse ranch looks like a lot of fun! I really loved all the interactions between the parents and their foal, so cute <3

The human sim family was also adorable! Colt is such a cute baby, and I have no doubts Ryder will be the same! Also, I believe Lumpinou has a mod that helps with the dissapearing milestones! I was looking into it while setting stuff for my own challenge, but since i haven't been playing rotation style I'm not sure if it works lol

I hope Christopher gets that elusive missing gold soon!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Salem wrote: November 7th, 2023, 10:21 pm Got all caught up!
Spoiler:
Horse ranch looks like a lot of fun! I really loved all the interactions between the parents and their foal, so cute <3

The human sim family was also adorable! Colt is such a cute baby, and I have no doubts Ryder will be the same! Also, I believe Lumpinou has a mod that helps with the dissapearing milestones! I was looking into it while setting stuff for my own challenge, but since i haven't been playing rotation style I'm not sure if it works lol

I hope Christopher gets that elusive missing gold soon!
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I will definitely have to check out that mod from Lumpinou because the milestones disappearing is very frustrating.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Another round done? Congrats!!!
Spoiler:
Week 2: Here here Christopher, political channel is boring! Wow, it's so pretty covered in snow! Awwww, Applejack! He's so cute! That is a beautiful picture! I agree, it could be a puzzle, or hung up as a lovely print. Geez, Christopher and fires man. I love having extended family for things like baby showers! Oh my, look at those freckles on Colt! Such a cutie! I for one don't mind all the milestone pics, but I can understand what you are saying. So much of my blogging is to help me keep track of things. lol Ryder is a GREAT name! Colt and Ryder, love it.
What a happy update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Travelers Postcard Legacy - updated 12/21/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

Generation One - Week 3 & 4: Spring has been posted. This concludes my third rotation/season with each family.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Travelers Postcard Legacy - updated 4/16/24

Post by ciyrose »

Finally going to be caught up with this family (and all the families through week 6), crazy that you've already been through 6 'weeks' already!!! You're going to be caught up with me before too long, I'm only through 8 for everyone, although working on 9 and 10.
Spoiler:
Those crazy infants just roaming the world, apparently. lol I love the style you have given the kids in this family. :) They are so cute! Awww, Colt is an adorable toddler! Applejack is a handsome horse! Ah, I wondered if they would have a third kid. With the horses that should mean it can only be a single birth and then the house is full, if I counted correctly (and you aren't extending the allowed sims.) This is a house full of boys isn't it? So cute though! Toddlers, horses, and mini goats make some of the cutest pairings! Marshall looks like what I think Christopher probably looked like, but with Sienna's eyes! So cute! The fact the lotto is so frequent is pretty much why I don't try and make sure everyone enters every time, but maybe I should just to win eventually. Your family photos are super cute!

Summer 1: Wow, congrats on "completing" a midlife crisis. I haven't ever done that yet, but it's cool to know you can. Awww, I love that you switched over and had Sienna's family involved in the wedding. How sweet! Riding a bike can take SO LONG I think. I'm fine with things taking a while, but I had a kid who maxed his movement and it still took days to learn. This was just a nice, calm, although full week for the family. They are sweet.

Summer 2: You aren't going to know what to do with all that time now that the boys all go to school all day. :) Yeah, the weeds thing was SUPER annoying. It SEEMS to be fixed, maybe, but I found if I reset to "weed-free free" they would almost immediately come back and then I could weed them without issue until I switched households again. I have not done nectar-making much, so sadly I have no ideas. Well hey, you are getting SOME fair ribbons at least!!! You are right, it would have been fun if he actually came back sunburnt. Oh well. I don't blame you for getting a little tired of constant skilling, they have done well though!
Great family updates, even if things feel a bit slow for you!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”