Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 22, 2021

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 20, 2015

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Just started rereading this again. I can't remember if I never commented on it on the old site. I think I did, oh well, I couldn't remember so I started rereading. Julia's little house is so cute and a great starter home. I love your building style. Ben Long always makes a great dad. I love that suck face kiss too. Julia's expression is the best. I'll be catching up to the rest soon!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Late comment, but enjoyed the last couple of updates! It's so exciting when a new generation grows up - especially since after growing up and moving out comes marriage and babies!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks raebeth! I love that part, too - it always feels like a new beginning or something. :) I haven't played my BaCC in a while, because I want to finish my Apocalypse first, but I can't wait to get back to it when I'm done with the Apoc! Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Oh wow I just noticed all the other unanswered comments... Oops! Thank you all for commenting, I really do appreciate it! And I definitely did read them at the time! :hug:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated October 22, 2015

Post by Anne »

It's been a long time, but there's finally an update!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update! Are you glad that you can focus on your BaCC now? :wink:
Spoiler:
Seeing Amin get promoted to concert pianist while wearing his ripped biker duds made me laugh :D

The twins are turning out cute! I like the pic where Mittens looks like he wants to hop into bed with Robin. :)

Looks like Madison is having as hard a time hooking up romantically as most of Mesa Vista's teens, but hey, perhaps her heart isn't all that into it since she's so tight with Zoe - that's kinda how I was at her age.

The pet store is looking good, reminds me I need to get one going in mine...
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Hey there, Anne! :wave:
Spoiler:
I'm a fan! You've got some good stuff here. I love how colorful your game is, with the outfits and the houses everything. I also love the happy-go-lucky atmosphere of Blueberry Island. Seems like a little paradise. :D Everybody's friends with each other, nobody's angry at anyone, no affairs are going around (yet--I'm looking at you and your LTW, Madison Time-Bomb Burke), best friends all around! So much fun! :D

I also love how airy your houses are with the large rooms and big windows and all, especially when you can see the rows of houses outside through those windows. It's a really nice touch that shows off the growing town. :) You've got some great custom wallpaper and bedspreads, too.

Also, I love how the aforementioned time-bomb is a redhead, born to black- and brown-haired parents. Adorable, and so much fun!

Okay, that's it. You've got a great little city here. I'm looking forward to the next update!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated October 26, 2015

Post by Anne »

Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks! Haha, definitely! I really did miss it while finishing up with the McHeroes, so it's fun to be back in Blueberry Island. :)
That made me chuckle as well!
Yes, if I remember correctly she doesn't roll a whole lot of romantic wants either, so it seems like you're right - she's just having fun with her friends for now.
I love that store! It's one of my favourite on the island, I think.
Thanks for commenting Lorin!
Keika
Spoiler:
Yay, glad to hear it, Keika! :) Thank you very much! I love the colourfulness (is that a word?) of my game as well. ^_^ I'm sure there'll be some trouble in the future (Madison does seem like a bit of a time bomb, indeed...) but for now everyone's still having fun!
I didn't find out about the setting to show the other houses in the neighbourhood until I'd played the game for quite a few years already, but that little detail made the game even more fun! I love being able to see the rest of the neighbourhood. It's especially fun with a BaCC :) And thank you! I love to build tiny crowded houses full of stuff, but they're just not very functional, so I'm staying with the large rooms for now, apart from the apartments, which'll feature soon too.
Haha, you had no idea how stoked I was when that happened! :D
Thank you so much, Keika, I'm glad you like it!
Also, here's the new update! This time we visit the Harris family in their new home.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

HI :)

I've been enjoying your BACC. Lovely families and Sims and stores. I've got the last two seasons to finish and I'll be all caught up. :applause:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, I missed two updates! Sorry I'm so late with a response. I've been offline for a few weeks.

Well, these are good chappies!
Spoiler:
Looks like there's some family drama brewing, even as things are looking up for others. That happens when personalities and interests clash. Some people have a really hard time becoming friends, if you don't micro-manage and manipulate them, and I like how you're doing so much on free will, to let their real personalities come out.

The businesses are going nicely. Although I'm playing by very few rules, including the rule that my Queen is allowed to cheat her heart out, I do want to maintain that all my community lots must be built and operated, at least once, by a playable sim. They may sell it to the community later, if they want, but they have to be run by the original owners for a while, first. I think it just adds more character to a community that way, rather than just plonking down a pre-built Downtown.

Mind you, I love the pre-built Downtown. It just lacks character.

I think the electronics store and pet shop are really cute! And did I mention that I like the way you design your houses? Nothing cookie-cutter about them, and such large rooms.

It's weird how you keep having girls, but at least you have townies for them to date. And hopefully, by the time all the male townies are gone, you'll go through a spell of birthing boys. If all else fails, you can create some of the appropriate gender in CAS, right? The way those businesses are going, you're earning CAS points, so it will work out.

I like how the families are befriending each other, too, and helping each other with their wants. YAAY! Best friends!
Having read these last night before bed, I now can't remember anything else in particular, but I certainly did enjoy reading them. The observational style is fun and soothing. I like high drama, but when I want soothing, that's a good thing, too.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated November 13, 2015

Post by Anne »

Thanks so much, Rflong! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Michelle
Spoiler:
Thanks Michelle! I'm glad you're enjoying it. The families all befriending each other is one of my favourite parts of this BaCC :) It's so much fun!
The girl thing is definitely really strange... I do hope I'm going to get some more boys soon.
Thank you for your kind words about my byilding style! I'm quite glad with how the houses are turning out. :) I want them to look nice, but still be functional.
Thanks for your lovely comment!
Back with another update! This time: Robinson 2.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Great update, Adam and Gretchen seem very happy with each other!
Spoiler:
I love the room where they paint, what a view out of those windows!

Often I forget to check talent badges too - Gretchen seems like the perfect candidate for owning a styling salon! I also forgot Sims can earn money discovering stars - that kinda sorta ties in with the Science career, but it would be even better to use that feature as a business somehow *wheels starting to turn* :hmm:

Hmm, I noticed your evil witch is an elder. Only the good witches in my game are, at least that I've seen so far. Anyway, they annoy me too, to the point that I used the Visitor Controller for quite some time to keep them away, only to find that it also caused my Sims to come home from work in their everyday clothes instead of their work outfits. Now, I put up with the witches and if I greet the evil ones right away, that seems to keep the roaches at bay for the most part.

Love the name of the book store - it made me think OMG, Paige Turner would be a great name for a Sim! (And even better if they owned a book store! :splat: ) I also love that Blueberry Island has a real restaurant, especially for dates. I needs to get me one in Mesa Vista too!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Great chapter!
Spoiler:
So, you made me think that as much as I hate actually running a restaurant, I need my merchants to build at least one, or even two, for the other sims to enjoy on dates. However, I have a rule in my BARQC that merchants can sell their businesses to the community, so I'll probably build up the restaurant, and once I'm sure it runs reasonably well, without foot stomping, then I'll sell to the community, and the merchants get the money to spend on something else. Like a bookstore! I never thought of that! Awesome!

As for the evil witches, there's not much I can do to keep them away from stores, but for venues, I just don't sell them tickets. I'll sell to anyone else, but not to them. And if they do buy a ticket, anyway, then, I make sure that I invite them to DO THINGS as soon as possible, preferably something that will keep them occupied for a long time, like fishing or playing poker, so that they get distracted from the spell. Also, I love having good witches around to beautify the lot, whenever they cast that spell, as the beautify lot spell actually gets rid of the roaches, as well as the rain!

I can't bear the thought of getting rid of my community witches, though! Even the evil ones! I love the witchery in Sims 2.

Yeah, I hear you on the talent badges. I had an employee I wanted to train up to be a manager (she had gold stocking badge), so I had her earn flower arranging, and then thought, "D'oh!" Because as a manager, she'd be in charge of glad-handing the customers, and that means sales badge, and oops! So now she's got three gold badges, and is so overpaid, and I finally realized that I HATE THAT WOMAN, because every time my OWNER sends someone on a break, so they can drink some coffee (their only need, with all the snapdragons), she keeps going back to send them back to work! I HATE HER. I'll probably fire her, next rotation. And if I find anyone with good styling, I'm totally going to open a salon. Great on the cashier, though! that's the slowest badge to get, I think, but also the one that annoys the customers the most, if it's lacking.

Congrats on the success!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great updates! So many cute families!
Spoiler:
I've always wanted to marry Gretchen in. Will look forward to seeing the babies she and Adam produce.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated December 29, 2015

Post by Anne »

Whoops, I forgot to respond to comments again! :O I did read them straightaway and I really appreciate them, but don't have time right now to respond to them separately. Thank you very much, Lorin, Michelle and Raebeth! :hug:

I do have a new update for you guys! Click here!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated January 1, 2015

Post by Anne »

Happy New Year!

Also, here's another update! Robinson 3
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Great updates!
Spoiler:
Why, that sneaky Phil Jitmakusol! :shifty: If you were going for plot, he'd give you a ton to work with... oh well, maybe he can redeem himself a little with the kids. Nicole is gorgeous, btw!

I enjoyed watching Eric's romantic escapades, it was a fun change of scene! I've been trying to come up with interesting angles for new CAS Sims in Mesa Vista, now I can put town philanderer on the list :P

I'll have to try hiring some of my playable teens, it can hardly be worse than the pittance they earn in the Maxis careers...

Shame about the nursery confusion, though not as big a loss as it could have been if not for Eric's LTW - it's only right Baby Steps got to the top so quickly! Pretty amazing how easy retail shops are to run after you've had some practice. Also have to give major kudos to you on your beautiful English :)
Happy New Year! :drinks:
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Lorin!
Spoiler:
Yep, I'm considering having him be a not so cool guy, but I'm not sure yet. Got to see him together with Nicole for a bit longer to decide! Thanks, I think so too! I love her dress as well.

Eric is such a fun Sim to play. He's actually very shy, so it's interesting to see him interact with all these women. He's also a good guy, just not the type for commitment :) I do have plans for him for next round, though... :smirk:
I think it'll be fun to see the playable teens working in the stores. I don't know off the top of my head how much they earn, but like you said, it can't be worse than those darn teen jobs. They are just no use at all.
Yeah, the nursery thing was a bit of a bummer. I've wondered about the relevance about children's rooms to Natural Science ever since I started playing BaCCs, but now it makes sense :lol: And thank you very much, that means a lot! :hug:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Awesome last few updates, Anne! I'm afraid I don't have time for a nice, detailed reply, but I love your stuff here! I especially love that the romance sim opened a baby supply store! XD Keep it up! Looking forward to the next one!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated January 2, 2015

Post by Anne »

Keika
Spoiler:
Thank you, Keika! I appreciate your comment. :) Somehow the baby store felt like the right store for him to open, haha. I picture him as the kind of guy who loves babies and kids in general, as long as they're not his. :')
I'm back with another update already! Just a short one this time: Walker 2
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated January 3, 2015

Post by Anne »

Aaand there's another update! The last one for Spring 2: Dawson 2

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”