Boolprop's 10th Birthday! What does Boolprop mean to you?

Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Boolprop's 10th Birthday! What does Boolprop mean to you?

Post by Chase »

Happy Birthday, Boolprop!
Boolprop has had a presence in the Sims community for a whole DECADE now!
When did you first sign on? Did you experience both migrations and live to tell the tale?
What is your favorite event from ages passed? Do you remember who stole Palmer?
If you are new (WELCOME! :mrgreen: ), what led to you joining?

Thank you all for sticking through the odd spam storm! It's all of you that make Boolprop, Boolprop!
Boolprop FightTheAddiction False

There may be a medal involved ;)
hello! :heartbeat:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Boolprop's 10th Birthday! What does Boolprop mean to you

Post by Ani-Mei »

Hard to believe isn't it? I've only been around eight of those ten years though. I missed the Who Stole Palmer event and the Missing Mod thing. It sounded cool but I was too late to join in. I've followed Boolprop for two incarnations now.
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

I joined 7 years ago! Right before my 13th birthday, how cray. BoolProp was a RIDICULOUSLY large part of my life in 8th grade and my early high school years! Absolutely huge. Experience quite a few BNTMs, both migrations, that one big mystery, the team challenges. God there's been so much over the past decade, hard to remember everything. I had waaayyy too many challenges/legacies goin' on. Oh and first becoming a mod was probably one of my favorite moments. Good times, good times.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I think was there for both migrations, but I have a shitty memory.

Of course, my favourite site event is BNTM (which should surprise absolutely no one), but my favourite thing about Boolprop is that it gives me a place to post my sim stories. I mean, I could post them anywhere, really, but on Boolprop people actually read/enjoy/comment on them, and it makes me really happy. Thanks for being such a friendly community, guys! :)
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I'm realizing now the memories topic and this topic are kind of similar in description :shifty: Sorry about that

Boolprop is my internet home! Boolprop is usually the first thing I open when I'm on the internet with no goal in mind, and it's been like that since I joined :P Boolprpo is so many beautiful Sims games, stories, and people!

You guys are my Officially Wacky Boolprop Family :') :')
hello! :heartbeat:
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

I have no clue when I joined, but I have been through both migrations, the stolen Palmer horror, and much more. My favorite thing about Boolprop is BNTM, of course, but I am more of a lurker and not much of a participant, and I love getting to know everyone while lurking. My goal is to become a more active member, though, and maybe let y'all get to know me.
Siem

Post Counts

Post by Siem »

The first time I signed on? Hmm, looks at an old post because I really don't know that right now: early 2006 :dizzy:
(They have been great years).

My favourite event was when Palmer went missing, it got me do things I really enjoyed but was always to scared to do before: post things, send people a message, ….
There was a team challenge somewhere along the road as well, which was a blast.

(I do still have a picture of the medals I once had)

These days I still check in here at least once a day.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I remember finding Sims in 2005 and really being sucked into the game. Then in 2006 I had a boring job and internet and was looking for inspiration for the game and stumbled across Boolprop. It was an instant attraction and Boolprop has been an important part of my life since. I have made both migrations and can't imagine what I would do without my daily Boolprop.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

I'm still quite new to Boolprop. I found it last year during the migration and just after they gave away The Sims 2 free. I love forum communities. I used to make signature tags in a community so I was looking for a similar place to share my Sims habit. It's a great place. I hope to have a chance to participate more.

My favourite memories of The Sims are mostly from the first edition. I remember standing in line at midnight to get my copy and the hamster plague.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Can I just copy-paste my post from the 'Ah, memories'-thread? :tongue:

I first joined in the fall of 2012, and had been lurking a bit before that. I think it were the exchange legends that got me here, but my absolute favorite authors from the early days of membership were Fuzzy Spork and joandsarah (not to mention Prof. Butters). From having no game installed to playing my first legacy on a tardy computer to where I am today (sitting in front of a gorgeous red devil that keeps insisting that I upgrade to Windows 10), the good people of Boolprop have treated me with nothing less than kindness. Okay, there might have been some mishaps, but I've repressed those kinds of memories.

A big toast to Boolprop! :drinks:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I remember downloading a sim to use in a test with the Grim (Sims 2), torturing her as a way of learning parts of the game. Then I joined Boolprop and realized I had downloaded the simself of one of the mods (2006). Always felt bad about that.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

So I joined in 2008, after seeing mentions of this mystical boolprop on the Sims 2 official site, and everyone being told to go and vote for their legacy heir there ;) Definitely one of the best decisions I made. I spent a lot of time on Boolprop when I was working at a crappy job that I hated, and the chatbox was my second home for quite a long time.

Wouldn't be without it! Haha.
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

In 2009 shortly after I started playing Sims 2, I was getting bored and looked for a new type of way of playing. Somehow I came across Pinstar's Legacy Challenge which had Boolprop's link on it. Right away I loved the site, however looking back I was shocked for how much I tried to do on this site (leaving absences a ton, sometimes gave up and retried with a new username). Life was hectic shortly after I discovered the Sims (which ended up being an anchor for me). So coming back here has been a home for the love of Sims.
I did actually experience both migrations, I was really bummed with the no badge forum. So I think I strayed away a bit until 2014 where I took into doing my BACC (which then shortly after boolprop moved once more).

I remembered who stole Palmer (loved how he was given a true identity), but also the large groups tournaments, no less the yearly awards.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I googled "Story Ideas for The Sims" and stumbled on a few legacy and challenge blogs, which eventually lead me to Boolprop. I'm a relatively "new" user, although I'd lurked around the oldest pages back in the day, and made one migration.

Such a fun, happy and supportive place for like minded people to cheer each other on. Love me some Boolprop!
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I joined for legacy ideas during my first sims run, then rejoined when I realised I missed having a forum to talk to people through. Glad I came back!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I'm not completely sure when I first joined Boolprop, although my profile states it was in 2009. I was a bit intimidated at first, because here were all these cool people with their amazing stories, and then there was me, a girl whose first language was Dutch and was definitely not able yet to write a good story in English. But I had tons of fun reading everyone's legacies and challenges, and participating in the games section every now and then, when I finally got up the nerve. I've not always been very present, but I absolutely love Boolprop and its members! This is the best place to love the Sims!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I joined Boolprop about two years ago, I think. It would've been just a month or two after I started the White Legacy, which was in 2013. I think. That sounds right. I therefore was only here for the second migration... in Boolprop's early days, I was a little thirteen year old only just getting started on the Sims. ...it's a really good thing I didn't start posting stuff then... O.O

What led me to join? Well, I'd been reading a whole lot of classic legacies. I'd been following the path of popular stories laid down by simselves appearing in each other's challenges. Lots of people in those circles were putting out plugs for Boolprop and how awesome it was, so I went to look for it around the time I realized I had a legacy worth sharing. I was a ball of nerves and was checking the White Legacy's thread every couple of hours to make sure no one hated it for ages before I finally relaxed. XD So basically, I came for the legacies, and stayed for the people!

Anyway, I love Boolprop to death, even though I've been kind of an in-and-out member lately. I just keep coming back to this place. It's awesome. The people are awesome--I love that we're so close-knit and we don't go around flaming each other. That's rare in a forum, or at least the forums I've seen. It's just a great place to hang out and relax! :)

Return to “Boolprop Birthday Archive”