Boolprop's 10th Birthday! Ah, Memories...

Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Boolprop's 10th Birthday! Ah, Memories...

Post by Chase »

Happy Birthday, Boolprop!

Ah, Boolprop! Ten years have passed since those brave forum creators made their historic move out of the wild Sims 2 Exchange and into the bliss of Boolprop FightTheAddictionFalse.
With those ten years, thousands upon thousands upon thousands of Simmers have joined and shared stories, lurked, gamed, and talked.
What are your fondest memories on Boolprop, the one immortal pillar of hope in the Sims story-sharing community?
What has made you laugh? Cry? What screenshots can you share that are saved in the most beloved folders of your computer?

Go ahead, share!
There may be a medal involved ;)
hello! :heartbeat:
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Boolprop's 10th Birthday! Ah, Memories...

Post by Rosanna »

Ahhh the memories.

Was a big fan of the Snap of Life competition, although I don't think that one ever ended.
I do have a crapton of random screenshots...let's see what might be worth sharing:
My first BNTM entry!
Man I miss all my medals...
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Winning my first BNTM will always be a fond memory for me. I've always loved participating in it, and since the first competition I entered, my ultimate goal was to make it to the final round, though I don't think I was ever confident that I'd actually be able to pull off a win. Still looking forward to the next season, even though I wasn't able to finish the latest. :)

I wish I still had screenshots from the old boolprop saved on my computer. They never made the transfer over to my laptop. :/ Would have liked to know my actual join date from the first site, instead of the second reincarnation.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

When I joined Boolprop I was a lot younger and a lot more awkward (I'm still young and awkward, don't get me wrong, but to a slightly less noticeable extent *finger guns*), and I want to thank Boolprop for everything it's done, and wish it a really big happy birthday. My life really wouldn't be the same if I had never found Boolprop, and I've met some fantastic people. And actually, to make this sentimental puddle a bit more relevant to the thread, I think the people I've met here have been some of my best memories! I've met some wonderful friends here, who are infinitely patient when I disappear from the Internet for extended periods of time. And I probably wouldn't be applying for my English Literature degree at University without Boolprop, which through the magic of sims really helped me foster my want to read and to write and to appreciate those that do.

Yeah, so not quite a memory, but I certainly think that without Boolprop and the awesome people on it I'd be so much more different than I am now. You go, Boolprop! :party:

(But! I suppose starting my graphics threads are also fab memories. You guys are all far too nice to me about those :bounce: )
call me Thai!
they/them
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

This won't be relevant to anyone on the forum today besides me, but a loved memory of mine is talking about Lady Gaga in late 2008/2009 with the dear players of 10,000 posts without any kind of lock... those conversations helped boost Lady Gaga to the supreme position she holds in my heart. Reaching 10k posts in that same thread was nice :P Reaching 20k was even better! All of the intense Up or Down wins/losses were amazing as well :')

Becoming a member of the User Event Team was exciting for me :D I think that was in 2009 or 2010; last year when I became a mod was great as well :D

I also remember a few of my first legacies... there was the American Legacy, where I was going to try and have all 50 states as children in only 10 generations... that lasted to chapter 1.2 (on the exchange). There have been countless Alphabetacy attempts; I think my best reached Gen. C or D :P At least three of them had the same theme (and that includes my current alphabetacy :shifty:). Playing and completing my Apocalypse was super fulfilling, and it was probably the most fun I've ever had playing Sims 2! If I didn't want to focus my Sims efforts on other challenges medals, then I would probably play another :lol: Someday I think I will! Maybe in like 20 years when Sims 2 is an actual digital dinosaur, and we're still here discussing (through holograms) whether the Sims 5 or 7 is better.

The moves! Ah, the moves. The first one was lowkey the end of the world. The second one was wonderful; I'm so glad we're all here now :D
hello! :heartbeat:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Finding Boolprop back in 2006 and realizing people actually wrote stories about their Sims. And there was a real community that supported each other writing stories about their Sims. Becoming a moderator in 2007 (and succeeding in getting the site banned at work because I was on it so much). Meeting some wonderful people here. Moving once, moving twice (but never again).

Happy Birthday Boolprop! :drinks: :party2: :#1: :party:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

Ah, the memories! I love reading about all the memories. And Chase, I do believe I remember something about Lady Gaga back then. I had never heard of her as I listen to country, primarily, so I had to go find out who she was. One of the few artists outside of country that I will listen to.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOOLPROP! Let's make some more memories!
Siem

Post Counts

Post by Siem »

So many years already.

Thanks to Palmer going missing I got out of only lurking, and actually started talking to people here and posting in topics. All those hours spend reading here and the great stories found here.
Oh, some screenshots I still had:
Spoiler:
Part of a team challenge?
Scavenger hunt
And of course: Palmer
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Even though I only joined three or so years ago, Boolprop has been a hideout for me like no other. So many memories... I checked the posts almost 24/7, and the addiction is still going strong. Seems like I'm more addicted to Boolprop than Sims itself nowadays :P Which actually reminds me of why I joined in the first place: I didn't have a suitable computer to play my game on, but I wanted to stay in touch with simming. During this time I planned heaps of challenges (of which only a handful I remembered the next week) and indulged in all the memberly activities. Oh, how much joy it has brought me! And when any classmate or other non-sims person dared to intrude my personal space with a "what's that", I gave them an answer that I hoped wouldn't increase curiousity. Boolprop was mine, and mine only.

There are too many memories to be mentioned, but the one that stands out the most was the sleepover thrown by the Gamers. The Wordner rounds were really fun, and I recall me trying to clickety-clack as silently as possible so my mom wouldn't wake up and start frowning. I can quit Boolprop when I want to! No I can't

Enjoy a fine selection of pictures from my photobucket and the "Boolprop" folder on my hard drive:
Spoiler:
Halloween shenanigans :jack:

Christmas events :christmas:

Ah, the banner of supremacy by Gabie :candyheart: A fine example of the things that went on to become sort of memes in the Games forum. The Duck Duck Goose dares, the epic intergalactic battles over the hill... Not to mention the transparent kitty avatar roaming around just before the move.
Browsing through the screenshots I also happened to notice another recurring memory: the error messages that showed up for the silliest reasons, especially during RPG sessions :sarcastic: The filter still has a knack for considering me a potty mouth.

Edit 2019-10-18: Updated images to new host site.
Last edited by Radiochocolate on October 18th, 2019, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

So much has happened on Boolprop and there are so many amazing memories! :heart:
Like the all-nighter we had, where everyone was in the chatbox until ridiculous-o-clock in the morning, and we all posted pictures of the snacks we were eating and what pyjamas we were wearing :lol: and the team challenges we did. It's been so much fun.

Happy Birthday Boolprop, let's make some more amazing memories :D :drinks:
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Happy Birthday, Boolprop! :)
It took some time to get here, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Have some cake!

I've been stalking the challenges since I got my firt internet access (Sims Exchange is the one to blame) and the place always sounded so great. Problem was, back then I was terribly shy. And my only other internet acquintances were shooter-dudes. Those don't make the Internet look good, let me tell you.
Anyways, now I'm looking forward to finish my first real challenge and posting stuff and seeing this place thrive :)
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Happy Birthday Boolprop!

Oh gosh, I remember reading Rhea's Palmer Legacy and commenting on her simpage for TS2. Then she and swiffner invinted me to Boolprop. I remember posting my Bally Legacy. Also the blackout of March 06! :)
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I loved finding a truly kind and supportive place for Simmers to gather. A whole online empire of people who do what I do in my free time, and feel just as passionately about it. Even as it grows and changes, it still remains a safe haven for those who Sim. A true gift!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I'm a little late here, and I'm also a relatively young member, but my favorite memory is logging into Boolprop one day to see that the admins were back in, they were making posts and events, and then soon they were planning a move to a whole 'nother forum... one that wasn't plagued by kitchen sinks. Many <3s to you guys! :D

Return to “Boolprop Birthday Archive”