Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R5/Renaisse - 6/20/2016

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R3/Rheingold - 10/23/2015

Post by Keika »

Oh, don't feel like you're stressing me out! :D This was an issue I was already mulling over, and an offhand comment of yours happened to inspire me to jot it all down. :) Thanks much for the vote of confidence, and input on observational sim-life-stuff. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just got caught up on this. So much fun!

I love the God-Queen aspect, although you have more self-control, sticking to rules and all, than I do. But then again, you are fully mortal, in this.
Spoiler:
Your first peasant! She shows proper respect, yes, but there's the hint of snark, as well. Time will tell if she'll remain properly respectful, or if that household will actually foment rebellion, or something.

And the next generation's starting, already! Woot!

Also, WOW! You have some amazing building and design skills, Keika! Everything looks so good!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply! ^^;

Thanks on the God-Queen aspect. It's been fun to actually, really play my simself for once. I'm having fun playing with a fully mortal goddess queen figure... and thinking of the ramifications for her future descendants. ^^
Spoiler:
Ahaha...

To be honest, I'm having a little bit of a hard time connecting to the next generation. This play style and writing style are a little different for me, so it's taking me some time to figure out how to play them. I'll get there, though. I'm super excited for them to be here. ^^

Thanks on the building front! I really enjoy building a neighborhood from scratch like this. :)

Thanks again Michelle, and sorry again for such a late reply!
Hey everybody who might be popping by when they see this thread bumped up: I promise, Clitheroe will return! The story is, I recently bought a handful of Zelda and Pokémon games, and have been marathonning those for the last month or so. I'm still playing them more than I am Sims at the moment, but I have started booting it up again. Give me a little more time, and I'll have the next Clitheroe update out and start being in the community for reals again. Promise. :)
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Hi sis!
Spoiler:
Mehehe, vanity project, hehe. Take me to your leader. :rotfl:
GustDragon

Post by GustDragon »

This is great! :D
Spoiler:
When you said "prevent alien invasion", I thought you were talking about simselves. The black winged guy is still pretty great though, looking forward to seeing what happens there! Béor seems like my kind of guy! The RA's are hysterical, They were probably my favorite part of that chapter. Looking forward to your next update! Be sure to get off of those Zelda and Pokémon games soon!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R3/Lariel - 1/2/2016

Post by Keika »

Clitheroe is not dead! Read the next chapter here! \o/
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
New year, new chappie. Makes sense to me. Good to see you back though, Christmas always slows things down. Nice update :yes:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay! I actually went "ermergerd" when I saw you'd updated :')
Spoiler:
Once more I am amazed by your excellent building skills! I can't wait to see what the town looks like when more people start moving in.
Shannath and Galain are both adorable. :) Looking forward to see how they will grow up and what they'll get up to in the future. I'm also still very much enjoying your writing style for this!
Also, Happy New Year! Hope you're doing well. :hug:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Indeed. Christmas got very slow for me. :yes: I'm excited to be getting back into Clitheroe. Thanks a bunch!
Anne:

Aw, thanks! :)
Spoiler:
Thanks! That's one of the things that's been drawing me back to this challenge--the fun of building inside a theme and seeing the town grow. :) Oh, but do I have plans for those two! Much plans, even. >:) Thanks; I feel like this writing style is a bit of a risk for me, so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks! Happy New Year to you too! :hug:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

So glad to see an update!
Spoiler:
Clothes shop owners do get the shaft on birthdays :yes: though I could deal if my house ended up looking that, even before the final expansion! The way you combined the tudor wall covering (paint? siding?) with the brick and arches and wood looks absolutely wonderful together!

Shannath sure is cute. I remember bald toddler girls grow into the cute up-do with the flowers, but I can't remember with the boys, probably because I've never gotten a bald boy before. And what on earth was the Maxis crew smoking when they decided to put toddler tuxes in everyday wear :spin: - especially since they pop up all.the.time!

I like how you portray Keika as being nice, but make no mistake, she is the queen - definitely adds to the Royal feel of the challenge!
Image Image
ISTJ
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

So it turns out that I'd read the prologue and the first two rotations but forgot to comment :rolleyes:
Spoiler:
I like this new story of yours! The divine queen with her R.A. comments, the peasants who look up to her so... and not to mention the plot brewing up which you so graciously deny in the comments :P I'm trying to figure out who Shannath reminds of to her mother, because the hairs and clothes just scream of the love child in my apocalypse (already forgot her name :misspeak: ). Great chapters, I enjoyed reading them!
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Finally commenting again.
Spoiler:
I like Imelda. She's snarky, but knows when and when not to use it. She and Connor are sweet.

All the kids are so cute! I love Shannath and Anduera and how pretty they are. Makes me want to get to the next generation in my legacy. College, why must you stand in my way?!

I love all your buildings. You always build fantastic ones!

ALL REDHEADS UNITE!!!

Ooh, who is that angel with the black wings sneaking up on Beor?

I'm liking this challenge so far! Can't wait to see who the new peasant is!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Yay! I'm all caught up on Clitheroe. Imelda sure has her work cut out for her. Though it gets easier when the kids grow a little, it's still hard work slogging through those first couple of days. Love the manor house. Clitheroe's gonna look great with all the pretty buildings.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R3/Renaisse - 1/9/2016

Post by Keika »

New chapter ahoy! Read it here!

Lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Yeah they do! :P I really like those things together too (obviously); I'm glad you like them! We'll just see if it keeps looking good when most of the town is like that. ^^;

It'll be tempting to shave his head as a child and keep him bald his entire life. I don't have many bald sims. :diablo: And yeah, what's up with the toddler tuxedo? The poor Lariels can't even change the kid out of it... good thing toddlers only last a few short days.

Thanks! The Keika character in Clitheroe is far more take-control than I am. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!
Mia:
Spoiler:
Who's denying plot in the comments? I'm not denying plot in the comments. I would never do such. Of course, that's assuming there is any plot at all. :shifty:

It's been a bit since I wrote this chapter... I might have decided Shannath looks like one of her parents and that's who I was referring to. Kind of sad I don't even know anymore. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!
Jessie:
Spoiler:
She's a kiss-up is what she is! :rotfl: I like those two quite a bit. They even each other out pretty well.

College knows that it's between you and the next generation. That's why it's a full eight semesters long. -_-

GO LEAGUE OF REDHEADED MEN!!

Thanks for reading and commenting! If you want to know who the new peasant is, you could even click into the next chapter I posted today. *shameless plug* ;)
Pony:
Spoiler:
Hey Pony! Imelda's more of a Fortune sim than her husband; she likes to go out and get things done and make money, and being forced to stay indoors all day kind of wears on her. She's done having kids though, so she should be able to slog through the next couple of days and get to her business more often now. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Yay update!
Spoiler:
Again I'm envious of your building skills. I thinking I need to practice more. Dienda's starter home is lovely. I like how all the different windows come together really well.
Howard is a bit of a dreamboat. Purple jackets are very dashing. Did she get pregnant cause of risky woohoo? Or did you have her try for baby? I love how Queen Keika has this lovely god-queen formal demeanor and then she goes and gives Dienda a mom talk. It's nice to know she cares so much :D.
I see Beor is up to mischief wherever he goes. He just can't contain himself can he?
Howard taking his unexpected marriage very well. Darion is a cutey. Look at that big grin!
Yay Dienda got her business!
I can't wait to see the next update!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Loved it!
Spoiler:
Ha, Dienda is fun! I like her. :) It seems like she's happy as well, despite the forced marriage thing, so that's good.
Howard is a bit of a dreamboat isn't he? And Darion is ADORABLE. Looking forward to seeing him grow up.
Also, again with the building skills! :jawdrop: (that's probably going to come back in all of my comments - so prepare yourself) :D
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Pony:
Spoiler:
My first buildings were enormous cubes with neon carpeting. :rotfl: You're right, there's a lot of variety in the windows on the front of the building, isn't there? Huh. XD

Oh, yes. Let me tell you. Purple jackets make a man. :lol: No, it was try for baby. There was a reason why I really needed Dienda to have her first child -right away-, so I decided to go ahead and fill out a little bit of a mini-story to go with it.

Phew, and what a drag getting that business was. I almost had to downgrade the building for them! ._.

Thanks! :D
Anne:
Spoiler:
Dienda is a blast to write. XD I think she would be happy in basically whatever circumstances life through at her.

I know, right? On both fronts with those men. :D

Haha, thanks! ^^ Thanks for the comment, too!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I enjoyed watching Dienda and her cute little family - a lot of hard work that definitely paid off!
*thumbs way up*
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks! This round was definitely one of the more stressful ones to play so far, between the financial issues and Dienda almost dying and everything. Lots of hard work! ^^;
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
"MARRIAGE?!" "Marriage." "Okay." :rotfl:
Ugh, pregnant sims and their mood drops. I'm glad Dienda and the baby made it :) She's an interesting character!
For now, her divine majesty gives advice first-hand, but what will happen when the kingdom expands and new classes begin to take over?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”