Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 12/25/2020

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 01/14/16

Post by Pony »

Update!

Diem

And I added the list of challenges in my box. Feel free to suggest others!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Who knows? I may end up with the DITFT, that would be cool. I have one going, I rebuilt Edenville on my desktop and recreated everything except the founder ended up with a different spouse this time around. Anyway, nice to see a new Pony chapter in 2016. :thup:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Nice progress on both your challenge and your new year's resolution! :D

I loved the faces your customers threw when they were giving you ranks. Katy and Joe... oh townies. :rotfl:

Sounds like this was a pretty difficult week for the Diems! Lots going on--gardens and businesses and dogs and four more children... wow. You've got some serious simming skills there, Pony. Are you cheesecaking your simself for the twins, by the way? You didn't sound very surprised at having two sets of twins back to back.

Good update! :)
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

[spoilerHooray for being caught up. Finally.
Lots of twins this round, plus dogs, and businesses. Quite a lot going on there huh?
Looks like you and Ambi handled everything okay though.
*snort*
Keika rolled the WYD challenge. Poor dear. Guess she'll find out what it's like now from the other end.
Looking forward to Thai's next update. And Keika's of course. [/spoiler]
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Your turn is coming up quick too. Looks like 2016 has high hopes, Altered Fates is back, Edenville is back. I'm actually getting chapters out and keeping with my New Year's resolutions.
Keika
Spoiler:
Thanks Keika! I'm writing as much as I can while I have motivation to.
Sims have the best faces.
My micromanaging skills were put to the test this week. Lots of pausing and bossing everybody around. Luckily the kids grow up pretty fast, and then I can force them to help in the garden. No cheesecake was harmed in the making of this production. I have the trips and quads hack, I almost always hit the random button. I just get so thankful that I didn't get quads that twins are no problem.
Mystery
Spoiler:
i'm just thankful I didn't get quads. :D Pony and Ambi are definitely very busy.
Random draws are so much fun.
I'm almost done with Thai's rotation so I'll get to start Keika's soon.
Thanks everyone for reading!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 01/28/16

Post by Pony »

Update!

Colours (OWBC)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Well, I haven't posted a chapter for Edenville yet. Kinda don't know where to start with that. And you might want to get rid of Ambi's outfit, that particular one is what caused my game to crash and forced me to vamp Adam. It has no Elder mesh and for some reason that means it crashes the game. Like sell it and make sure you don't rebuy it, dresser and everything otherwise it stays when you get a new dresser. *words of wisdom* Anywho, nice chappie.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
i haven't had a problem with that mesh yet. No I don't think I've had every many sims hit elder. I shall have to test it in my game. Thanks for the heads ups :D
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Wow lots of stuff went on in the OWBC hood this round.
Lots of little kiddos will do that though. I should know though. :lol:
Looking forward to seeing Keika's turn. Should be interesting to see how she handles having all those kids.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I know they were busy little bees this round. So many kids, I think Silver Bend has a twin epidemic. Pony had two sets and Amanda had Odin and Olaf. I'm a little behind in the robot army building, they just have their hands too full with two business, two dogs, and three kids. Amanda has one more pregnancy left and Bran is going to grow up soon. Then he'll be old enough to help out more.
I have Keika's update written, I'm sitting on it a little bit so it'll be a February update.
Thanks for reading!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Oh gosh :lol:
Spoiler:
I always feel so bad when people use my simself because he has such crazy dominant genetics :lol: ALL the kids look like him, but I'm glad Amanda's face structure is coming out as well. Two businesses, and Sim!Thai is such a good father... XD What aspiration did you make him?
Bran, Odin, Olaf... That's a house of guys. Poor Amanda, totally outnumbered - but I like the little stores you have for the Colours family. And I'm so impressed by how the whole BACC is coming along! Very excited for the WYDC. A moment of silence for Keika, though.

And your little family is cute as well Pony! I still get happy whenever I see Ambi and you <3
call me Thai!
they/them
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Thanks for reading Thai! He does throw some pretty dominant genes out, but I like it, cause I'm going to have lots variety in the gene pool down the line. He's a pleasure/family sim, I have to keep him under careful eye cause he keeps rolling wants for his previous dates. But going on dates with Amanda keeps him pretty happy. And he rolls wants for babies and to teach toddler skills. I figured since I manipulated things in the Pokemon Legacy I would be nice to SimThai here. The BACC is doing every well, Arbor Watch tends to hobble along. I have a feeling Silver Bend is going to blow Arbor Watch out of the water. Hehe poor Keika, Thai calls her all the time, sim Thai and Keika have a better relationship than Keika and Pony. :P

Thanks Thai, I'm happy to have Ambi again!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
"Spaghetti scented flames". Hahahaha!!

Great update, Pony! I love seeing this little family moving along. iRobot looks great, and I kinda love the name. Inviting the Diems over for a play date was a great idea, too! It's so much fun seeing a neighborhood become friends! :)
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Those are the best kind of flames.

I shameless stole the name, but I couldn't think of anything else. It turned rather nice, I need to fill it with robots though. I borrowed Sunday visitations from Raebeth it's a great way to have all the kids meet each other. I can't wait to have a park where everyone can play together.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 02/04/2016

Post by Pony »

Update!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I just binge-read this. I LOVE the idea of having the various founders and CAS sims being people we know and love. Or like. Or maybe kinda sorta recognize a little bit.

Anyway, it's really fun, so far. Question, though. Do you have something against cats? Everyone's getting the dogs and nobody's getting a cat. Cats are awesome. Cats are cool. Cats are capable of both supervising you and ignoring you AT THE SAME TIME.

I like cats.

Anyway...

Oh, yeah. fun story! I like watching it all grow, and the different businesses springing up, and the relationships building. It's great when the founders are friends with each other. Also, I like the various interludes you use to bring them into the story.

Good luck with your new job! Sounds fun! And I also hope it doesn't interfere with your Sims time, too much, because I like reading your stories.

P.S.: I note there is no apocalypse listed among the possibilities for random challenges. How can this be? Surely, it must be an oversight. It couldn't possibly be that you don't want to inflict such a long challenge on a burgeoning new city, with all the complications it entails, especially with sims needing the seasons all set to winter, so you'd need a sub-hood to make it work, right (or else get cheat with a weather controller). Naaaaaw. Can't be that, at all.

You know, some of these random challenges I've never even heard of, so I look forward to seeing you play them.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Nope nothing against cats. I just have a history of starting BACCs with Bane. Thai's personality suits cats better, but I accidentally made a Hans instead of a Hanna for Pony. And Cashew was the first animal that walked on the lot. I rarely pay attention enough to adopt stray, Tiffany wouldn't stop coming by, so she was easy. Hmm, I need to add the crazy cat lover's challenge to the list.

I like the interludes too, I'm trying to think of unique ones to bring everyone over.

Aww thanks!

I had a really hard time deciding whether to add the Apocalypse Challenge, RKC and Prosperity right away. They all need new neighborhoods to complete the challenge and govern all the houses of the hood with extremely strict rules. I decided that when I start earning business districts then those three challenges will be added to the challenges list. That way for the Apocalypse at least will have some careers unlocked by BACCs rules, so I can unlock them in Apocalypse rules.

I'm still gathering challenges, if you find one feel free to suggest it!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Trying to get more people into the Apocalypse Club are you Michelle?
Spoiler:
Though I will say, I am a cat person too and the lack of felines is rather vexing...(oh crap I just got me a Crazy Cat Lady challenge didn't I?) I rarely use beach lots, the lag kills me when they go digging for treasures and then the whole thing freezes. I have post traumatic M&G freeze then crash memories. *rocks back and forth* Happens when wolves come onto the lots too, freaks me out every time. Anyway, this is a good chance to earn multiple medals and the WYD one is cool to have.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

There's a crazy cat lady challenge? :hearts:

The Apocalypse Club always needs new members.
Spoiler:
As for an apocalypse challenge, since a BACC doesn't usually last as many generations as a dedicated apocalypse game, I would recommend a simplified version, using only the base rules, especially if you have to wait for it to be rather late in the game before you can even start. With only the base 10 career restrictions (or 14, if you go for the second one with University), it's still pretty challenging, but a whole lot shorter, and you'll probably have those base careers unlocked soon enough. Also, if you use your simself powers to get JUST enough aspiration points to buy the weather controller, and gold aspiration to set it to permanent winter on that lot, you don't have to have a sub-neighborhood for it. Visiting other lots is a treat, after all, so they have to earn it, and they'll earn good weather along with it. Meanwhile, that controller is set and off-limits (maybe even blocked with a wall fence), and stays that way until it's unlocked in game. Sort of a semi-pocalypse.

Another suggestion for a challenge would be a hermit challenge: They have to stay on their lot at ALL times. No going out for work, outings, or any other reason. They can only befriend/marry walk-bys. No using the matchmaker or well to magically bring new sims to them. A network reward of a phone number is fine, but no blind dates, because they magically bring the sim to you. It's pretty basic, but challenging. Of course, when you're playing other lots, the hermits will probably break free of their confinement and explore the land, outside of your control. But you can use the SimBlender to teleport them away, if you want. As for survival, they can earn money on their lot in whatever way they want, as long as they don't leave it, or magically attract sims. Home businesses are fine, or just selling stuff from inventory, or selling paintings and novels and the like. It's doable, but they won't get rich.

Another challenge for a sim might be the Bad Date challenge. 50 dream dates is easy, because you can get someone with good chemistry and take them downtown, for the time freeze, and just date and date and date and date and date, with the moods staying high, and they give you presents to sell, even if only the flowers. But 50 horrible dates? That's much harder to do. Plus, you have to deal with all the kicked garbage cans, stolen gnomes, and other stuff that angry sims do. And the flaming bags of poo. You have to keep all the flaming bags of poo until the end, and that's how you maintain the count. Also, you have to somehow manage to have at least three pregnancies (conceived ON THE DATES), while maintaining your horrible date count. By maintaining the date count, I mean that a good date will cancel out a bad date. So, if you get them high enough to have a positive date (even just So-so), that cancels out one horrible date. Lousy dates are neutral in the count, but anything positive wipes out one of your horrible dates, and you have to delete a poo bag from your collection. That way, the bags make for an easy visible count, and you don't have to trust to the memories. The evil me is picturing a lot of conception followed by torture, and possibly death, to get that count. OF course, if you kill off your date, while they're on the date, they won't be able to bring you your obligatory bag of poo... Yeah, that could be a challenging challenge.
With 30 or so simselves, you're gonna need a lot of challenges, won't you? Even if you put 8 in at once for an ISBI.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
I'll make sure you and Michelle get cats. :nod: i don't usually use beach lots either, hard to keep the sims off the beach. I haven't had any lag issues yet. Pet Promotions, snow build up, and witches freeze the game for a minute. Or loading the mirror the first time per play. Other than that no issues. I am hoping to net a few medals doing this. I want a Rosanna award :D.
Michelle
Spoiler:
Esme made the crazy cat lovers challenge. She's not on Boolprop anymore, but I found the rules on her live journal. I linked on the main post.
The bad date challenge sounds fantastic. Keeping score by poo bags is the best! The simself list just keeps growing, some of the challenges will probably be recycled. I've been putting them back in the box. I don't think I put the trailer park challenge in...I'll have to add that one too.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”