The REAL Uglacy is back! Updated October 6, 2018

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Candi0207

The REAL Uglacy is back! Updated October 6, 2018

Post by Candi0207 »

Hi everyone,

After having the Uglacies on my hard drive for the last few years, I've finally decided to bring them back! Yes, the original Don, Gage, Samara, they all exist still. I never deleted them. So I wanted to go back to my roots, because honestly I like the Sims 2 better than I did Sims 3. So here it is. Warning... it will seem like Sims 3 at first. I did not post in the wrong index, lol. Just read onward.

Prologue, A Blast to The Past
Chapter 1-Go Gervitz!
Chapter 2-Let the Real Fun Begin!
Chapter 3-The Uglacies Go Camping!
Chapter 4-Uglacies Are Back In Business
Chapter 5-Honeymoon and Babies
Chapter 6-The Ugly Gene is Back!
Chapter 7- Uglacy Christmas Special
Chapter 8- Moving Days
Chapter 9- Carnie Folks
Chapter 10- Tricks and Treats
Chapter 11-It's Going to the Dogs
Chapter 12-Gage's Mojo is Back!
Last edited by Candi0207 on October 6th, 2018, 11:42 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The REAL Uglacy is back!

Post by Rflong7 »

HI :)

Awesome! She's a great choice for your founder- Nice lead up and story. :#1:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

*fangirl squeal*
Spoiler:
Yay you're back with the sims 2! I'm sure you've heard it all the time, but your Uglacy and Prettacy helped me find Boolprop in the first place. It's lovely to see all our old favorite faces. I love you scaring the kids with the sims 4. Poor things. Even with the shiny new games a lot of people are sticking with the sims 2. I know I do, even with being a ten year old game there's never ending things to do. I still can't say I've done everything. Anyways, I love your writing style. And everybody's attitude when you returned. Gotta love Gage, he just never changes. It's great that even after all that time, the neighborhood is in good shape. It's cool seeing all the older CC too. Can't wait for more!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am so excited - love the setup and introduction!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Hi!
Spoiler:
Awesome beginning, I can't wait to see what you get up to in this legacy! I really like Angel (and all those nice points!) so far :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Yes I too admit the allure of Sims 3 was too much, it was shiny and pretty. But then THE LAG, THE LACK OF PROGRESSION, jumping through hoops just to make the damn thing even remotely playable. Yeah, it lost its appeal pretty quickly. I never played a generational challenge in it simply because I couldn't stand the lag, crashing, glitching, the need to move every freakin time the next set of kids was born. Ahem, anyway...*cough* My simself was never in your game since when you were on here first no one knew who I was. But she's on the list now, number 5 if you are looking for new blood. Anyway, I think I will go and reread the Chili Catastrophe and the Uglacy just because nostalgia.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Just a quick note that I was so excited to see this today that I was late to work this morning because I was reading the prologue :shifty:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

Spoiler:
Welcome back to The Sims 2 Candi! I loved both all your stories that you posted on the exchange and I've also been following your Sims 3 version but it is as you say, TS3 just isn't the same as TS2.
I love the fact you're keeping in with the Uglacy family, I'm sure Angel will be a wonderful heir. All though that nice point smile is a little freaky with the Zombie skin and teeth I must admit.
It's nice to see the original Gage and everyone. I'm defiantly looking forward to reading more of this.
Happy Simming! :plumbob2:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

That was a blast! I totally agree, Sims 2 really is special!
Image Image
ISTJ
cholliebear

Post by cholliebear »

Spoiler:
Oh my god, yes! Don and Gage were my favourites from the uglacy. I'm also one of the many people who downloaded Gage into her game back in the day. x)
But I can't wait to read more, I have missed seeing Don and Gage on my screen!
Plus the way you introduced it, very awesome. :bounce:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

OMG yay! This is so awesome.
And look Don the Zombie's back. I always loved loved loved Don.
You're right Sims 3 just doesn't have the legends like Sims 2.
I mean it's fun from time to time especially with the new computer, but it doesn't keep pulling me back like Sims 2.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I love how you did the TS3/TS2 transition! I'm going to spend my lunch hours reading the original yay¬
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi! An old reader back for more. :)
Spoiler:
Ow, way to scare the kids! :haha: Well, anyway, it's true; some things are just so much fun that you have to go back time and time again!

Great seeing some familiar faces, too, too bad not everyone shares that enthusiasm. Well, at least you've got Gage on your side. ... wait, not actually sure if that's a good thing. But let's say it is! And, you found a willing foundress, so so far, so good!
Great start, looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

Thank you everyone! I am so excited to be playing the sims 2 again, I stayed up till like 2 in the morning and had to get up to work at 6. Ugh! Reminds me of the good old days tho.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I was just in the process of reading the Uglacy, on "acertainreader," because it was recommended to me. Now I'm stoked to see you bringing it back!

I just love seeing all these people writing about Sims 2! It's so sad that the Exchange went away, and people left Sims 2 for 3 and 4. They are completely different. It's like comparing ice cream flavors. Sure, they're all sweet and creamy, but Sims 2 is CHOCOLATE! Sims 3 is, kinda minty, and Sims 4 definitely has nuts.

Anyway... I look forward to seeing more, and I have to say, I LOVE how you set this up. Good story frame.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
BlueBerryPie

Post by BlueBerryPie »

This is going to be fun. The waves of nostalgia just by seeing the characters again. :goodvibes:
Bearly Alive Apocolypse Challenge Thank you to all who voted. :)
SammySama7
Syria

Post Counts

Post by SammySama7 »

Omg I remember this legacy! It was so awesome!!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Well, I don't know if TS2 is exactly a forgotten game yet; there's lots of us poking around writing new stories. ^^ But yeah, good prologue. It's nice to see all of these guys again, even though I didn't read your Uglacy until after the exchange went down. Looking forward to seeing where this goes! :)
Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Oh my gosh, I feel like I just stumbled upon a private Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls concert! You've always been one of my favorite writers, and between you, Kiwi, and Toast, the way I found boolprop in the first place!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Ahhh :D I hate to just spew the same thing as everyone else, but your uglacy was genuinely the launching point of my legacy-writing career, so my nostalgia levels are through the roof right now. And of course this new story is wonderful in its own right - the transition was genius. I found myself wanting to trash-talk Sims 3 even though it's my preferred game, haha. I will be watching this day and ni-- er, casually, whenever I think of it. :shifty:
Image Image Image

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”