Valentine's Day 2016: Chat Thread

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Valentine's Day 2016: Chat Thread

Post by Keika »

I've never had a boyfriend either, Heather. My perpetual single-dom gets me down some days, but for some reason, Valentine's has never really bothered me. :lol: My dad would give us three girls chocolate and my mom chocolate and flowers, and we'd just happily go about our day. I'm kind of on the other side of the world and won't be getting chocolate unless I buy it for myself, but hey. So yeah. I'll be in the "just living through it" category. :haha:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Keika wrote:I've never had a boyfriend either, Heather. My perpetual single-dom gets me down some days, but for some reason, Valentine's has never really bothered me. :lol: My dad would give us three girls chocolate and my mom chocolate and flowers, and we'd just happily go about our day. I'm kind of on the other side of the world and won't be getting chocolate unless I buy it for myself, but hey. So yeah. I'll be in the "just living through it" category. :haha:
Woo, not alone! :highfive: I'm the same about Valentine's Day; down about the lack of a boyfriend some days, but the actual day is just kind of eh for me. Maybe this year I'll write some fluffy legacy drabbles to get into the holiday spirit. :lol:
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Nicola, Mauricette I love your cards :D
call me Thai!
they/them
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Heather wrote:Clearly I'm just too awesome for most guys to handle, though I think the actual problem is that I just don't leave the house often enough. :lol: The only place I get to meet guys is at school, where the vast majority of my classes are full of women, and the subway, where most of the guys who want to talk are fucking creeps. (There's a story behind this, but this is not the place to share, haha.)

All in all, and this goes out to all the other cat ladies/dudes of boolprop, I find the best thing to do is to stay positive! There's nothing attractive about wallowing in self-pity. Pretending to have confidence has actually made me a bit more confident, as weird as it sounds, especially when it comes to talking about my art work. I think the same can be applied to yourself. You can't expect people to value you if you can't value yourself.
Amen to ALL OF THIS! I'm kind of in the same boat - I've had the odd date but never "dated" anyone, and unrequited crushes are the story of my life. :roll: But I have found that the times people are interested in me (even if they're totally not my type, so nothing ever comes of it) are when I'm in that "to heck with it" state and have decided to focus my energy on things that are actually important to me, rather than on making people like me. As for Valentine's, it can be disheartening to be surrounded by couples, but there are more kinds of love than just romantic love. You can make it about your family, your friends, your pets, or try to do some good deeds for people in general.

Granted, I'm probably going to hole up in my bedroom and do nothing all day, but that's beside the point. :tongue:
Image Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I am so late to the party. Turns out that when you spend all day staring at a computer screen for money, staring at a computer screen is the last thing you want to do for leisure. :indifferent:

I have a boyfriend - seems like I'm in the minority here. We've been together for three years and we live together, so things are going pretty well. We're going to spend Valentine's together just cooking - I'm going to bake brownies, and he's going to make us dinner. We're going to have a nice bottle of wine and probably watch hockey or Making A Murderer. I also got him a small box of chocolates with a dinosaur and a terrible pun on the box. I should probably get him a card. I don't know. It's -20 outside and we had no power until 2 pm today, so I kind of want to stay inside where it's warm. :fluffy:

To all the Boolpropians who are single or who have never had a partner or dates: don't worry about it! It'll happen when it happens. Don't rush into things just for the sake of getting them over with - I could have saved myself a horrendously awful relationship and lots of terrible casual things if I wasn't so fixated on starting a relationship just to say that I had. Just keep living life, and try meeting new people in general if you want to meet somebody.

I'm going to stop typing now because I'm pretty sure I'm now sounding like a mom or a weird advice columnist or something, so Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :candyheart:
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

When do these events close?
:I've forgotten all of the emoticon codes since I'm on mobile so insert some hearts here:
hello! :heartbeat:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I'm locking the events on the 19th, to give the procrastinators some time to earn a medal. :P
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

My Valentine's Day started out pretty hot ;) with me cuddling a thermometer, that is :fever:

I'm fine and dandy now (well, fine at least) but I'm a bit bummed out about not seeing my boyfriend. So far I've given him a card every VD and now the streak is broken (note: 2 times) without me even thinking of a rhyme. We did get to share a nice, long phonecall though :) (with a bit of arguing lol)

Now, to take advantage of the clearance sales on chocolate ^.^
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Oh I found the announcement now that clearly says the end date, oops :lol:

My Valentine's Day kind of sucked, actually, but yesterday and today have been great :P
hello! :heartbeat:
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

My Valentine's ended up sucking too. On Friday we put my best good dog to sleep after nearly 16 years together. So my husband and I were pretty gloomy over our romantic dinner.
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

Aww I'm so sorry Heathee! That really sucks
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Heather: :hug:

Mia, I freakin' love your Valentine card! Actually, I love all of those last two or three with the clever poems. Now I wish I had put actual effort into mine. :lol:
Image Image Image
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Heather: :hugs:

Sam: You can make another one! :grin: Now on to write a poem for my friend's birthday...
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game

Return to “Valentine Archive”