Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version

Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version

Post by Emily Whalers »

ZaleISBI: I was actually really upset that the Exchange deleted my stuff because I lost a couple of Sims that I wanted archived, and I didn't receive any notice that my Sims were taken down. If other people want to use the Exchange, then go for it, but I'd be much more comfortable sharing my stuff through another site. Mediafire is actually super easy to use, and they give you a ton of storage space. I'm sure one of us could walk you through it, should you decide to use it. :)
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Sounds good!
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

hopefully I did this right.

https://jadeskyblog.wordpress.com/
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I like the idea of Mediafire too for uploading sims, I think it works with Sims 3; I got so used to extracting and packaging Sims 2 stuff that I forget there's no program for Sims 3 that does that.
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I don't mind using medieafire, I will use whatever works best for everyone.
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

So I somehow managed to completely miss all of this - I have read but I might've missed stuff.
From the bits I'm aware of reading - I like the idea of everyone creating a founder and submitting it, but randomising for one could be pretty fun too.
- I'm also not a huge fan of the exchange, I've had some issues with installing stuff that way so I'd prefer Mediafire, but if the exchange is easier for everyone then I'm fine with it :)
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I guess that the best way to avoid culling is to not upload to the exchange, we learned that lesson long ago when Sims 2 exchange went down and people lost things they wanted to keep. To look for alternate sites where there is no culling or purging because something's not popular enough.
FluffyMao
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by FluffyMao »

Fudge biscuits! I missed it! >.<. Rats!
For more Sims stories and some original writing, stop by my writing blog:

If the solution is not beautiful, I know it's wrong. -- David Hilbert
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Laserkatt wrote: We're gonna party like it's... 2006.

*record scratch*

In the good ole' days of The Sims 2, the boolprop forums had a joint 26 generation alphabet legacy where the people on the forums signed up and married their simselves into the legacy. The founder was randomized and his surname was Boolprop (probably... it was 10 years ago, I don't remember everything :shifty:). SimMe married the Gen G heir, and Gryffindork was my mother-in-law. Those were the days, hurrdurr.
You mean "Gryffindork would have been my mother-in-law, but she disappeared from the forums mid-turn and screwed up the whole thing." :rotfl: Still, I'm so down for this if other people are. If I'm doing the first gen, it would make sense for the founder to be male, but I don't have any qualms about marrying my simself to a lady either.
nicholaplaysthesims wrote:Darn I missed this! Can I be placed on the backup list on any generation? Either way looking forward to seeing this!
Of course! I'll put you on reserve. :)
Bokavoy wrote:I agree that we should not upload the sims to the exchange with CC. I downloaded a sim once that had cc and it completely messed up my game and I had to reinstall.
Agreed - if we choose to use CC hair/clothes/furniture during our turn, we should definitely take it out before we pass the household along.
Emily Whalers wrote:I actually really dislike the Sims 3 exchange - it deleted a bunch of my stuff because I didn't have enough downloads. :indifferent: Would anyone be open to uploading to an external site, like box or Mediafire instead?
Yeah, the Exchange can be crappy sometimes. Maybe each person will have to coordinate a download method with the next person in line? In this case, since I'm before you, I'm more than happy to share through MediaFire. :) I suppose all that really matters is that the file stays up long enough for the next person to download it. Though if we decide to have a "sim downloads" page or anything that actually requires longevity, that's a different story. :P
DreamWeaver wrote:hopefully I did this right.
Yep, you should have an invite now!
FluffyMao wrote:Fudge biscuits! I missed it! >.<. Rats!
I can add you to the wait list too if you want!
Image Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Gryffindork wrote:Maybe each person will have to coordinate a download method with the next person in line? In this case, since I'm before you, I'm more than happy to share through MediaFire. :) I suppose all that really matters is that the file stays up long enough for the next person to download it. Though if we decide to have a "sim downloads" page or anything that actually requires longevity, that's a different story. :P
Coordinating download methods is probably for the best. While I don't mind downloading from the Exchange, I don't want to upload anything there. Also, I was thinking further into the future - if we do have a Downloads page on the group blog, uploading to Mediafire will probably be safer. Things are less likely to be deleted for no reason there. :P

I'm kind of on the fence about marrying in Simselves. (Simselfs?) I have one, but I also love marrying in random townies. It's just my weirdo play-style and preference, though.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

My Simself has already been married into the Zales, and her nose is still going strong 3 or 4 gens later, so definitely up to marry her in again (assuming you guys are okay with the very strong genes, lol). But then I also love the idea of marrying in townies - maybe we could put simselves in and let them breed with townies (or each other) for marriage purposes? Though that might prove problematic with moving the house and family each gen. Oh well, play it by ear.

I don't have an invite on WP yet, Sam? (Man, so confusing talking to someone else with my name)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I don't even have a Sims 3 Simself...I can make one but unless you have Supernatural and Into the Future I'll have to redo her.
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I don't have a simself either. I wouldn't mind making one though.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Okay, so we seem pretty split on the simself thing. I guess each person can make that call when it comes to their own turn. :)

Oh and Sam, that's weird because it shows as sent and pending on my end? But I can resend it for sure, just let me know if it works this time!
Image Image Image
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Aaw, I'd like to participate but only when school is over (end of april for me) and list is full. I'll follow it through though :D
ImageImageImage
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Sorry you missed it! I can always add you to the wait list if you want. :)
Image Image Image
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

Has anyone made a potential founder yet?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Umm, well I did kinda make one for my House although she's not base game compatible you'd need Supernatural since I made her a fairy. But I can make a normal base game one if no one else is.
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Sure add me on the waitlist :P
ImageImageImage
Laserkatt

Post by Laserkatt »

So how we doin? If people want to create founders (I hate making sims from scratch for some reason, so I probably wont) to vote for, I feel like maybe we should do this soon so we can get this thing rolling. If not I suggest that Gryffindork just makes one so she can start playing. Unless you all hate that idea ^^
ZaleISBI wrote:AND JULIA! So COOL to see you! *LEAPS INTO ARMS*
HEVVA! :heart: :heart:

Cororon:
Spoiler:
Japp. Det är en sån här:

"Fun" fact: googling "laserkatt" brings up a whole bunch of pictures from my blog, some from the Zales and Langurds and one from The Cult of Personality because LOL I AM EVERYWHERE apparently.

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”