August Newsletter

Forum news, updates, and random information will be posted here.

Who starts school this month and are you looking forward to it?

ME!!! YES!!!
13%
me... do i havta?
4%
Not me, thank you!
70%
Nope, but now that you mention it... hmmmm....
No votes
Yes, as a student.
9%
Yes, as a teacher!
4%

Total votes: 23

singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

August Newsletter

Post by singinghymns »

General Announcements

Welcome to the Newsletter for Boolprop! We will be coming out with this on the fifth of each month, for the purpose of highlighting what has gone on throughout the month. Rosanna will have a recap of the events that have taken place, what is taking place currently, and what events are coming up! Thai will give an account of our scoreboard on the games and I will be listing all the monthly birthdays and holidays! Newly added is the House Stats brought to you by Abby!

And look for the polls each month! They will be fun!
The hottest month of the year has begun! Let August roll on!

In the last poll, we asked Are you a fan of Bella Goth? And the results are... Yes! Definitely! got 35% of the votes, Meh. got 29% of the votes while the next 2 answers tied at 18% of the votes. Poor Circe Beaker didn't fare so well in this poll. Sorry Circe.

COMING IN AUGUST

WE WILL BE STARTING A FEATURE OF A FICTIONAL STORY OR POEM FOR FUTURE NEWSLETTERS! START THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING AND SUBMIT YOUR STORY HERE!!! EVERY SUBMISSION EARNS POINTS FOR YOUR HOUSE AND THE WINNER GETS ANOTHER 30 POINTS FOR THEIR HOUSE!

There have been requests to provide a donation option along with opening a Boolprop store. We now offer a way to make a donation through PayPal – the Donate link is in the top right menu. We are also working on setting up a Boolprop store on CafePress. You can find many items available there now, using the link in the top menu bar. There is a medal available for supporting Boolprop. If you make a donation or purchase from the store, please PM Teresa with the information. Once the donation or order has been confirmed, you will get a medal.

And as always, please keep promoting Boolprop and thanks for being a wonderful community.
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: August Newsletter

Post by Rosanna »

Hey all, thanks for reading! Here's just a quick recap of what events have happened, are happening, and will happen! #happenin

Just Ended:
Current/Upcoming
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Games Scoreboard

It's August! That's... like more than halfway through the year. (Cutting edge commentary, Thai.) Anyone excited for the heat to wind down a little and the leaves starting to change colour? :coffee:

* There's a new game on the Games forum - how exciting! Boolprop is coming together to tell a collaborative story in Chels' Keep the Story Going! thread, where each two word post adds to this epic saga! Stay with us for periodic updates on how the story is growing - as of this writing, the story is:
Spoiler:
Two sims named Sage, other named William, and kicked tires until they ran out of the garage flailing because the monster under...
Shocking! Do Sage and William make it? What is the monster under? Is the monster anyone at all? Where are these sims' player? Do you want to know? So do we - go join in on the story! (I'm betting the monster is under the car, but I'm not a betting man. :angel1: )
* The new V4 thread of Up or Down is a dead heat! The number count has only moved up by 2 since my last reporting - with Pony posting 238 on the 30th July! But the uppers are making progress - kind of.
* 10,000 posts without any kind of lock is on post 4162!! We're nearly halfway there!! Keep going, team!!
* My Duck, Duck Goose section has been usurped by the Ban Chain this month, because I've gone mad with power. A gourmet selection of tasteful reasons for banning this month include, but are not limited to: Taco pizza giving funky dreams, and Chinese food giving nightmares, flip phones, cuteness! and giant cats?.
call me Thai!
they/them
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

August Birthdays:

Spoiler:
August 1st:
Echoweaver
IchigoMcCoy[hr]
August 5th:
Gooeybrains[hr]
August 6th:
Laura
Lewis[hr]
August 8th:
hyperactivefreak[hr]
August 9th:
angelicsims[hr]
August 11th:
LalaNinja[hr]
August 13th:
Unrelated[hr]
August 14th:
Jennycooper
SprinkleOfSugar[hr]
August 21st:
Teresa[hr]
August 23:
rokrchik[hr]
August 24th:
Arakhor
raebeth47
flowerem0ji[hr]
August 27th:
Mir_
Taube[hr]
August 29th:
dashingsyndrome
Shaz-a-Fraz[hr]
August 30th:
WayfaringBelle
MadcapMimi
apocalypicautumn[hr]

Summer Holidays

I have tried to keep the holidays section lighthearted and fun, but our community represents people from all over the world, and I know that there are holidays that are special that don't get included. So feel free to leave a comment below, telling us about a holiday that is coming up for you and how you are going to observe that holiday. Or tell us about a holiday that has just recently gone by in the month of May or June, and share your experiences here with us to enjoy!

Coming up on September 5th, we celebrate Labor Day, a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Though it is not a holiday that is celebrated by the masses, there is an event taking place in August that I am participating in at the Westgate Resort in Las Vegas, NV from August 11th through the 14th. This event is the World Pool Championships. I have played pool for many years on a league and have always worked hard to help my team get to the Championships. This year, that hard work paid off! "The American Poolplayers Association (APA) is the World's Largest Amateur Pool League. With more than 270,000 members throughout the United States, Canada and Japan, the APA awards over $1.5 Million in guaranteed prize money every year during the APA national championships in Las Vegas!" Here is the official history for anyone interested!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

BOOLPROP HOUSE STATS

Here are the boolprop house scores for the first month of this quarter. If your house is not in the lead.... you have two months to change that! ;) So no worries!
65 POINTS
90 POINTS
0 POINTS
480 POINTS
160 points

WHAT CAN I DO TO EARN MY HOUSE SOME POINTS??

FORUM EVENTS - Taking part in forum events earns your house 30 points per round. After tallying up the points for each house, this was the thing that made a HUGE difference in scores! So, what are you waiting for - go take part in lets build it, or boolprop chef! Remember, BNTM also counts for points now, 30 points per round!
POSTING CHALLENGES - You can currently earn points for reaching generation 5 in a posted challenge, and completing a challenge.
MEDALS - You earn 30 points for earning a medal. This is an additional 30 points from any other achievements - e.g 30 points for completing a challenge, 30 points for earning a medal.
POST COUNT - Keep an eye on your post count! Reaching certain milestones also earns you 30 points!

Also, make sure you are posting these achievements in your houses score thread! They will not be counted unless that is done so. :( When tallying up the points I literally just go through your houses score thread and add them all up - so if it's not there, it wont be added!

Good luck for next month guys, lets earn some house points!!! :#1:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

FEATURED STORIES OF THE MONTH

Yes, thats right - you read it correctly! Featured stories of the month is back - an event each month where 3-4 stories will be featured. What do you need to do to be eligible you ask? Simply update your story! All stories who were updated the month previous (in this case, July!) will be entered, and stories will be randomly generated to be featured in the newsletter, and in the featured stories board! As well as this, you get a cool featured stories medal, and your story will be stickied in your subforum for the month!

Now, please pass on your congratulations to this months winners - go check their stories out!

"Crowned To Be Sim: The Royal Family Of Bridgeport"
A Sims 3 regular legacy written by Liezemies

"The Parisshian Legacy"
A Sims 4 regular legacy written by ravenangel888

"26 Little Failures: The Roberts WYDC"
A Sims 3 'Who's your daddy?' Challenge written by jesslb429

Congratulations to this months winners, and to be eligible for next months featured stories - get updating and posting your stories! :#1: Happy writing guys!

Return to “Updates & Information”