Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Post by Heather »

It is officially October first here in Toronto, and the Master Update thread is now unlocked! :D
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Happy October 1st! And huge kudos to the people already updating, you guys are SIMspirational :plumbob:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

cynicalbadger wrote:Happy October 1st! And huge kudos to the people already updating, you guys are SIMspirational :plumbob:
I'm just hoping I can keep this up for the next 9 updates. :lol: I have a sneaking suspicion I'll crash and burn after 3 updates. (But hey, at least that's enough for bronze!)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

YAY!!! SIMNAWRIMO HAS BEGUN!!!

Working on my first update as we speak. :D
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have just over 100 pictures taken, now to write and post...
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Heather wrote:
cynicalbadger wrote:Happy October 1st! And huge kudos to the people already updating, you guys are SIMspirational :plumbob:
I'm just hoping I can keep this up for the next 9 updates. :lol: I have a sneaking suspicion I'll crash and burn after 3 updates. (But hey, at least that's enough for bronze!)
That's my feeling too! (I will be happy with a bronze to be honest, I feel like I haven't had any kind of medal in ages so I'm excited all the same!)

:pencil: Go Teresa!! :#1:

I'm hoping to get the next update out definitely on Friday if not sooner :toast:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

cynicalbadger wrote:
Heather wrote:
That's my feeling too! (I will be happy with a bronze to be honest, I feel like I haven't had any kind of medal in ages so I'm excited all the same!)
I hear that. Personally, I'm more worried about my tendency to get overwhelmed easily. Especially since I'm just solidifying a writing style for the Zanes, 6 updates in...

Another worry is trying to get the update goal but not having them all be for one generation. As hard as I try, it looks like it will take until my tenth overall update to just get Generation 1 old enough to take over. :no:
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Maybe it's just me but would it be better if everyone who's updating to only edit their first post they made in the master update thread to include everything so far, rather than making new posts for every update? That's what I will do with mine. :toast:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

To be honest, I probably won't notice new updates if everybody just edits their first post, because the topic doesn't turn pink to show new content has been posted unless someone makes a brand new post. Making a new post for each update will clutter up the thread a little more, but it's a good way to let people know that something new has been posted. Otherwise, we'll stop seeing that there's new content being posted in this thread once everybody has made a post for their story.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm glad I played ahead for the last bit of September. I got rather obsessed, to tell the truth, and now, I have just churned out the chapters, until I am caught up, and now I'm stuck, playing before I can write.

And I haven't even gotten the first set of kids aged up to teen, yet!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Ani-Mei wrote:Maybe it's just me but would it be better if everyone who's updating to only edit their first post they made in the master update thread to include everything so far, rather than making new posts for every update? That's what I will do with mine. :toast:

The idea is that posting a new post, although quite 'spammy' allows us who are editing the list to see it more clearly who has updated. :) Rather than going back and checking each individual post and comparing it to what we've already listed.

It allows us to keep a timeline of updates and keep track! So if you can, although a bit annoying - make a new post for each update. :D Or we might miss your update!
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Agh, October snuck up on me! I haven't prepared anything, but I'm going to work on an update later tonight, after a nap. I'm hoping to go for either silver or bronze - seven updates will get me to the end of my current generation and pave the way for an heir poll. I suppose I could split my updates and make them a bit smaller to go for gold, but we'll see how well I do with my updates the way I currently have them arranged.

Good luck to everyone this month! :toast:
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I guess the joy of not having any other responsibilities is that don't need to worry about hitting my mark. All I gotta do is go the doctor a couple times a week and otherwise I get to Sim :goodvibes:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am done updating for the weekend. More next weekend... :)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Wow, here I am thinking I'm amazing for finishing one update, and some people have already done multiple updates? I'm in awe of your updating speed! :jawdrop:
lumasong wrote:I guess the joy of not having any other responsibilities is that don't need to worry about hitting my mark. All I gotta do is go the doctor a couple times a week and otherwise I get to Sim :goodvibes:
I have many responsibilities (job, boyfriend, family, my own various medical appointments, various social obligations like the wedding I went to this weekend) and it really cuts into...well, everything. I would not recommend it, though having money and being able to pay for things is nice. :raspberry:
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Emily Whalers wrote:
lumasong wrote:I guess the joy of not having any other responsibilities is that don't need to worry about hitting my mark. All I gotta do is go the doctor a couple times a week and otherwise I get to Sim :goodvibes:
I have many responsibilities (job, boyfriend, family, my own various medical appointments, various social obligations like the wedding I went to this weekend) and it really cuts into...well, everything. I would not recommend it, though having money and being able to pay for things is nice. :raspberry:
Not paying bills or having money would be the downside of not having any other responsibilities, yes. :ouch

But at least I know I can update every day?
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Some of you guys are doing awesome, I'm loving how many people, and how much you are all involved with this. :D

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”