jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Sims 4 Toddlers

Post by jcampbell »

They just announced today that we will be getting the toddler life stage in the Sims 4 in a free update! :celebration: :drinks:

I am so excited for this! :woot:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Toddlers

Post by Jesslb429 »

What the hey!!! They are adorable in the trailer! And a related video says they're releasing vamps soon too! Oh my plumbob!

My sister made the weirdest celebration noise when I told her...just thought I would share.

But YAY!
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have no excuse for not buying it :banghead:

This is exciting though!!!
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

Finally!!!!! Installing now...Can't wait!! Maybe this will help relieve the boredom with my legacy!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am updating now. So glad I didn't see the news until I got off work today - WooHooWoo
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Post by Ellenyarai »

This is why I always get on Boolprop before simming. I am so excited!
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers

OMG Im so excited!! :bounce: It's downloading right now!!
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

They are so adorable! Can't wait to play with them.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

I saw this on Facebook (of all places) the other day! I scrolled right past it at first and had to do a double-take. Kind of surprised (but loving) that it's free - this might actually get me playing TS4. :hmm:
Image Image Image
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

itsjulie wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have no excuse for not buying it :banghead:

This is exciting though!!!
So true Julie :neener: and I am just over the moon happy about this!
I always felt weird sharing my sim families with the babies jumping straight to being a child.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

And yet I still have no computer that can run Sims 4. Though Teresa's pic of her toddie in the thread totally made me think of Boo from Monsters Inc.
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Dudes! I played last night, and they're AMAZING! They're a tiny bit large, in my humble opinion, but they have the MOST fun toddler traits! Wild, Angelic, Fussy, Clingly and a dozen or so more! They get "stranger danger" moodlets and OMG ALL KINDS OF FUN STUFF.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the post on facebook!! Ive only played for like 15 minutes since ive been busy with work, I'll fully explore today. So so happy!

However, one negative - there is virtually no hairstyles for them. >_>
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I've just had a play about with my alien twins and gosh they are so cute! I did have the mother abandon one on a lot close to home so it had to stumble home. Also they get hungry like super quick?

And I don't know how to age them up in a sensible way - like with kids and teens it's like A in school then cake for most challenges but the toddler learning skills are great but everything has 5 levels to it? So that's going to set me back in my 100 baby challenge >_<
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

cynicalbadger wrote:I've just had a play about with my alien twins and gosh they are so cute! I did have the mother abandon one on a lot close to home so it had to stumble home. Also they get hungry like super quick?

And I don't know how to age them up in a sensible way - like with kids and teens it's like A in school then cake for most challenges but the toddler learning skills are great but everything has 5 levels to it? So that's going to set me back in my 100 baby challenge >_<
There are two reward traits they can get - one for reaching level 3 in all skills, and one for mastering all skills - there are four skills that go to level 5 and potty goes to level 3. The reward traits help them skill faster at later ages.
Ani-Mei wrote:And yet I still have no computer that can run Sims 4. Though Teresa's pic of her toddie in the thread totally made me think of Boo from Monsters Inc.
I definitely agree they remind me of Boo - they jump and bounce around like she does also.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Teresa wrote:
cynicalbadger wrote:I've just had a play about with my alien twins and gosh they are so cute! I did have the mother abandon one on a lot close to home so it had to stumble home. Also they get hungry like super quick?

There are two reward traits they can get - one for reaching level 3 in all skills, and one for mastering all skills - there are four skills that go to level 5 and potty goes to level 3. The reward traits help them skill faster at later ages.
Awesome! I may use the getting skills to level 3 to allow early cake birthdays then :)
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I didn't know they needed a cake, since infants don't need cake, and my first toddler got all sad when aged to child for a forgotten birthday, AND didn't get the "happy toddlerhood" trait... but my second one did! And OMG they are so much more work... I started a new family JUST to mess with toddlers, and my little rule was they will keep popping them out as fast as possible, and my poor momma had 2 toddlers, an infant, and was preggo, and she could NOT do it. Everything was absolute and utter chaos. In order to prevent the children from being taken away, I had to cheat her needs full to take care of everyone. She had no time for herself at all.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I agree with Zale that they are more work. Like a lot! I made a fresh sim from scratch, had her marry and have two kids, but the two toddlers concurrently are difficult. I haven't needed to cheat...yet...but I had to have the father/spouse take a day off to get his work objective's done and take care of both toddlers while my initial sim was at work. And I am flying blind on traits and stuff so Luma, the oldest, is looking as if she won't earn any from toddlerhood, but Matty, her little brother, will.

But I am having a better time playing than I have had in a while. Although it is tough, I actually like it that way. Before, I was so bored with kids and teens. But toddlers are fussy and unpredictable. It's engaged me in a way that I have been looking for in the game. I'm still a TS3 gal at heart, but I couldn't wait to get home this morning and play a bit.

Also, I really, REALLY, want to recreate the Rugrats now that toddlers are available. Is that weird?
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Jesslb429 wrote:Also, I really, REALLY, want to recreate the Rugrats now that toddlers are available. Is that weird?
That would actually be amazing. I've been watching some CAS videos on YouTube and my favourite was when someone made Harry Potter, Ron & Hermione as toddlers. They are so squishy and cute.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”