Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/14/18

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 5/28/16

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Wow, that's a lot of dogs! Interesting looking too. I would have given some away too, definitely.

Yeah, I'd say pottery can be counted as an art business. Yay for another open position!

Heh, Sandy is a supportive Mom, even if it's a bit embarassing. :D

Congrats on getting to level 7, and earning the cash perk! That's a lot of hard work there.

A lot of teen romance going on, it seems. And Eric made a choice too, I hope Rufina won't be too upset.

Congrats to Sandy for getting permaplat twice over! In one and the same rotation, no less.

Wow, that's a lot of parties and dates. Seems that the teens truly enjoyed themselves.

Eric definitely did well on the college fun, despite not having skilled as much as some others.
Another fun update, well done! :)
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Anne,
Spoiler:
Definitely a different experience playing a household of 4.
The dogs were a lot of fun! Hoping to get some of those weird dogs into other households once I play them.
Pretty much only my Popularity sims throw parties, when they want to.
Lorin,
Spoiler:
That is kind of funny. She had the store first because her secondary is Fortune.
Eric did very well in scholarships! And Davis and Sandy now have enough to "just get by" for the rest of their lives.
Greta and Artur do look very similar now that you mention it.
The dogs are very cute. I love the dog training animations.
Michelle, glad you're enjoying! Youngdale makes me want to play a BaRKC, too.

Katrisims,
Spoiler:
I don't like to have more than 2 dogs in the house long term. It just gets too chaotic.
I don't really worry about opening job spots anymore since I've got positions in every career, but I figure it's good to keep track when there's a new position.
It wouldn't be any fun being mom to teenagers if they weren't embarrassed on occasion.
The Fairchilds have enough that they really don't need to be concerned about money anymore.
I'm honestly still not sure who Eric's going to end up with.
About time for poor Sandy to get permaplat. She deserves it.
Eric's got enough for a nice start, although the trust fund did it more than the scholarships.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I'm so glad I didn't fall too far behind this time!
Spoiler:
Love the dogs! Mine are always boring looking. I need to remember that you can put them back in the adoption pool through the pound. I didn't know that.
The sentry bot was so cool. I can never get mine to last more than five minutes before breaking.
I'm another one who has taken your family picture idea for myself. It really makes it easier for everyone to keep track with a million households.
So many parties! I never really have my families interact, which is a shame. I might need to do a block party each season or something.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 7/3/16

Post by raebeth47 »

Update! Summer 4: Uni 2A is up.

Jenn,
Spoiler:
I definitely like having interesting looking pets. I prefer to give them directly to people, but that just wasn't working this time.
Sentry bot + gnome = lots of drama.
I started taking the family pictures because I always have trouble keeping track of who's who when I'm reading.
I'm not generally a big party thrower, but some Popularity sims are difficult to keep happy without them.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Spoiler:
ha, I love that the hot tub is your go to romance spot. lol! the cow never wins in my game! I always feel bad for cows. theyre already so broken, and get beaten up by llamas and cheerleaders on the regs. Also your Mauro looks just like my Omen. you make college so much more fun than i do. should take my college queues from you XD
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Toga! Toga! So much mayhem, Cham Var Hoh gives Delta House a run for its money!

I like the simple quad park area, makes me look forward to seeing how the uni looks down the road.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
That's one huge party. Parties get quite fun once the neighborhood gets big enough. Of course, especially with ACR, they also get more chaotic. ;)

I kind of feel bad for Lluis. Yeah, he cheated, but definitely got punished for it.

It's kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only one whose sims decide to study at parties. It's pretty annoying really, when you're trying to get the part score up and your guests are sitting with their noses in a book. :P

Whoops for almost not having enough for the bills - glad the jam session fixed the situation. Those are pretty good money makers in busy dorms and at parties.

Yay for graduations! Those give such a nice feeling of accomplishment. You're right, that outfit really suits Mauro, too.

Another thing that I've never tried: hacking the grades. Funny that it wasn't really helpful; if I were to go through the trouble of hacking my grade, I'd at least give myself a nice grade! ;)

Hehe, the coach comes in at the least convenient moments, doesn't he? :haha:

I'm glad Irina got things fixed up with the various folks she'd made mad. Oh, and that's useful to know about the trash chute, I didn't know it's used instead of the main trash can. Can be quite useful in these situations I imagine.
Fun and productive update! :)
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Just got all caught up again.
Spoiler:
I love how you're exploring all of university. I've always treated like a chore to slog through. Beingnin college really gives all the playables a chance to know each other. And be friends.. or enemies :D

Oh I have a theory about Stephan drying out at work. If he's part tomato plant loke his dad was. Saltwater would dry him out, very few plants can tolerate saltwater, mostly mangroves. Amd I'm a huge nerd :D
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 1/17/17

Post by raebeth47 »

After a very long hiatus, I have an update: Summer 4: Uni 2B

Mauricette,
Spoiler:
Every uni building seems to have its own go to romance spot. But the hot tub is a good one, unless sims have an unfortunate swimsuit.
Lorin
Spoiler:
Cham Var Hoh is always a crazy ride. I kind of did that on purpose, meaning for it to be the "crazy" Greek house.
I'm going to try to make more of an effort to keep adding buildings to campus.
Katrisims,
Spoiler:
Uni parties are crazy in a neighborhood where everybody knows everybody! It's fun, but also sometimes a pain to keep a lid on unwelcome drama.
Lluis definitely got his comeuppance.
I generally don't worry about the studiers too much, since my parties are usually big enough that there isn't too much difficulty getting the party score up.
Cham Var Hoh needs more solar panels. Their bills are insane.
It's always a really awesome feeling when some sims finally graduate.
Hacking the grades is so not worth it.
The trash chute is very handy, unless sims have a garden. Then it's no good because you can't get compost from it.
Pony,
Spoiler:
To be honest, I do find university a bit of a chore to slog through, but I'm trying to have fun with it.
That does make sense about the saltwater drying Stepan out.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

It's gonna be cool seeing all these college kids back in the main hood, I'm envisioning a population explosion. Will Raebeth be one of them, or is she gonna be relegated to Uni placeholder?

Nice update, makes me happy to see Willow Valley still being updated :)
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
Very excited to play the college grads! I don't know how much of a population explosion there'll be, as I'm going to try to have less kids per household, but there will definitely be babies.
Raebeth will be graduating on schedule.
Real life has been much busier lately, so unfortunately updates will probably be infrequent, but I do plan to keep going to 50,000!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 1/29/17

Post by raebeth47 »

Update! Summer 4: Hamilton is up.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

A nice, if bumpy, update! :D
Spoiler:
Heh, never think to hire a butler. Looks like I'm not missing much, grandmas are so much better :) , but I still should give it a shot.

I have the opposite problem in MV: short 3 Business Tycoons to bump up my SM by 15. I do like the idea of more Business Districts than Universities, and my next strategy is to hunt down high-ranking Business townies to hopefully speed up the progress *covets Willow Valley's population*
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
I don't think I'm going to be hiring many butlers in the future.
I definitely need to bump up the business buying. I'd like a mix of BDs and universities, but universities are expensive enough that I suspect BDs will always outnumber them.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/14/18

Post by raebeth47 »

So, um, wow. It's been over a year since I updated. Believe it or not, this story is not abandoned! In fact, there is an update!

Summer 4: Bendett
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ah, congrats on having a baby Raebeth! I hope you're both doing well. <3
Loved the update, as always! :D
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Congrats on the baby! Great update.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Glad to see you back, and congrats on your baby!

So glad to see a Willow Valley update, and wow, passing the 10,000 mark... that's awesome!
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Jenn and Lorin, thanks! Glad you enjoyed the update!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”