Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 6 15-18 (Aug 19 2023) 9758

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-18 (Jan 3) - 3060

Post by Lorinsv »

Nemo:

Hey hey!
Spoiler:
Totally get you on the reading and commenting thing (hence why the previous season for Instant City is still on my To-Read list). LiveJournal now has a :heart: button that I think is a nice compromise to take some of the pressure off of commenting while the writer still knows you read it.

I think Nemo bought a ticket right away, so no Music/Dance-related buttering up needed. I will find out next time though, to satisfy my curiosity. (Will also avoid the Outsides buying a piano.) And I am totally yoinking the Fire Dance idea for Nicole's more avant-garde studio! :bounce:

I don't know if you're missing all that much not having the hobby lots. Most are pretty lame IMO.

Can Servos whistle? :hmm:

Decorating as you go is a fun way to go for some lots, for sure.

Never thought of pre-training strays, that's a great idea... Snapdragons - yesss! I still have the Newsons to play :idea:
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-18 (Jan 3) - 3060

Post by raebeth47 »

Fun update!
Spoiler:
Never thought of using the hobby lots like that! But then, I don't have any kind of enthusiasm requirements for my job openings.
Lydia looks like a lot of fun, and had a very successful first week. Getting Dance opened up in just one week is quite impressive.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-19 (Feb 8) - 3185

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks, raebeth :)

Time for a new update, here:
Week 5, Part 19 - Fleig/Johnston
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-20 (Mar 17) - 3220

Post by Lorinsv »

Bumpety-bump for new update here:

Week 5, Part 20 - Homeless
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

You have a simply enormous neighborhood at this point.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I caught up with the updates I'd missed and just want to say I still love Mesa Vista so much! :D Love seeing the challenges and fun things you think up for your families - and all the houses and lots. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-21 (Apr 6) - 3255

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks, Anne! :)

New update is here:
Week 5, Part 21 - Gainsborough
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-22 (Jul 29) - 3255

Post by Lorinsv »

:hugs: Bumping for new update here:

Week 5, Part 22 - Newson
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

Spoiler:
Read your Newsons Update - Loved every picture of it! The Newsons make a great family!

One thing probably nobody else cares about was for me the picture of the Flaming Flamingo Karaoke with Luc and Gabriella, showing all the other lots in the background - and the fact, that you equipped them all with street lanterns in an orderly fashion, which gives this a look of coherence. Yeah, these are the things my mind puts under 'interesting'... then again, I count Space Suits for entertainment...

Loved your comments on the karaoke pictures - did the Sims really sing the way you described them? I've actually switched off all sounds in my game a long time ago, and only activate them if I check for lullaby, listening to other stuff in the meantime....

Question: as the Newsons are struggling for money - did you sell all the stuff you didn't need in their inventory? And are they still broke?

Garrets Look in his 'birthday suit' wasn't actually that bad - all gentleman-like like the lost brother of the Weasley family raised by nobility or so... But the Sword-Shirt gives him more of a gamery look...

Georgia is a looker - bit goth, I'd say... If they scrounge enough money, how about a Goth Club?

Poor Gabriella, so hot, and no boys in sight.... how many male teens are in your neighborhood anyway? Since you have a university, you could look up who can be sent to Uni to get their number...

Ginger already looks really motherly in her new dress - has she been putting on weight? *runs away before getting cowplanted for that comment*
:applause: :applause: :applause:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
The Newsons must really be a challenge to play. I haven't dared to try myself, but sometimes I think I should.

Poor Gavin. Though I gotta agree with Gabby, the Business field might not actually appreciate a background in Crime. Well how do I know, this is the sims... :D

Both Gabriella and Ginger are taking good care of their younger siblings, and it's nice to see that not everything sucks for Gavin either.

Wow, both Georgia and Gallagher dressed quite fancy for their birthdays! Perhaps Gallagher went a bit overboard, though he did look quite handsome in the suit.

Wow, the family even had money for another business, I'm impressed! It seems like they had a good start, even though the stars were elusive.

Whoops about the fire! Well in a BaCC, they're a good thing too, and luckily no one got hurt. (I'm still waiting to see my third.)

I feel your pain on the partner hunting, especially with teens. Every so often there's someone who just can't meet anyone with matching orientations etc., or when they finally do, well then they'll naturally hate each other's guts.

Sneaky Gavin! :D Seems like he and Cora are getting along well. :)

Ginger's Snaps seems to be doing nicely, better than the karaoke definitely. Of course, it is a previously established business by now.

Time's marching on, and you got the two oldest Newsons to grow up and no one's died, that's an achievement! I'm curious to see how they'll go on from here.
Fun update, keep up the good work! :applause:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-23 (Sep 23) - 3535

Post by Lorinsv »

New update is here:
Week 5, Part 23 - Deppiesse

COMMENT REPLIES:

Mr. Outside:
Thanks for the in-depth comment! To answer your questions:
Yes, the karaoke singing is how I described, that was a cool surprise! I always have the game sound on, but not the music unless I want to listen to the Sim radio.
Ginger did put on some weight. It seemed so sudden, makes me wonder if her teen shorts are missing the fat morph. We'll see if she rolls a want to get fit, and if she doesn't, I'm fine with it :)
Love the idea for a Goth club! :hearts:
That's neat you noticed my uniform street lights. I'm not usually too anal with my builds or this challenge, but I always seem to want to place those :)

Katri:
Thanks for the lovely comment! The Newsons are quite a fun challenge, but for me, large households in general are better played in small doses. Those little monetary school awards are much appreciated. Once the toddler stage is over, it's easier, but there's a ton of homework to deal with. Still, I think they're definitely worth a shot :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-23 (Sep 23) - 3535

Post by Anne »

Ooh, I love the elder sort of-asylum thing! Very good way to get some more graves. I might steal it in the future ;) And yay for Kerie and Talin! I loved Talin's conversation with Zach, btw :')
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-24 (Oct 28) - 4040

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi, Anne, thanks for commenting!

Okay, I lied, I managed to get the wherewithal to write the last three households for Week 5, but beginning in Week 6, picture updates will be sparse or nonexistant.

Marie Sims and La Belle Adobe Retirement Home are found in this update here:
Week 5, Part 24 - Sims and La Belle Adobe Retirement Home
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Just read your update!
Spoiler:
It's great - now including 50% more bees! :rotfl:

No wonder girls follow Gabe home, he's a studmuffin! He does have competition from Moonshine as the most adorable chracter though...

And horray for Marie becoming another tycoon! Professor, you better treat her right, as she worked hard for the money...

As for the Altmanns - for being such a pain in your... for the last year, this went pretty well and was quite interesting! I still want to know the point system.... :hmm:

The way this chapter worked could be an idea for later chapters - if you want to tell a story, you can tell it, but the pic spam part :duck: is great too!
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

You updated! I love your series, especially with all the challenges you do. I really loved your retirement home, too.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks for the encouragement, you two :) and hello, Avenie! Thanks for popping in to let me know you've been reading, that's always nice to know :goodvibes: The challenges are fun, and also make me appreciate my non-challenge households.

Gonna try to get the last update of Week 5 posted soon, and then I can start playing Week 6.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Whoops, I seem to have fallen behind! Well, time to fix that! :)
Spoiler:
Talin and Kerie are pretty cute together, with Kerie being understanding the ghost hunting and everything.

Too bad it didn't quite go according to plan though, although it's true it's kind of difficult with just one ghost. But hey, other things got accomplished, so that's something!

I like the retirement home idea! I think you did a great job on the house, it really looks like one too. :thup: It seems the residents had a good time, too, with lots of Don't Wake the Llama.

Marie and Gabe seem to be doing well too. Well except, that's a LOT of bees! That part didn't seem so much fun for them.

And there's romance for both of them, it seems. :) That's nice.

Wow, congrats on another Business Tycoon! That's such a nice population boost, too. Oooh, thanks for the tip! I didn't even think about the vacation perks, but maybe they might help me with Lakewood's second Business Tycoon. :hmm:
Fun updates once again! :applause: And about the updating thing: you gotta do what you gotta do to keep things fun. If making updates sparser helps with that, then that's great. I'll still be enjoying the sparser updates, be they text updates or picspam or what. Fun is the main thing! :highfive:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I loved this update! Marie and Gabe are a sweet family and the retirement home seems like a barrel of laughs lol!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-25 (Nov 24) - 4040

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks for the comments, Katri and Anne - glad to see you again!

Week 5 finale is here:
Week 5, Part 25 - Zarubin
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-25 (Nov 24) - 4040

Spoiler:
:slaphappy: :slaphappy: :slaphappy: :slaphappy: :slaphappy:

This is a super chapter! Tiffany is a fun elder, and her being tricked into gambling her fortune away makes perfect sense...(unfortunately.. :yuck: )

I love, how you made her doing all these garden-related things, being a former garden club member etc... so her idea to make snapdragons makes sense... Matthews comment is wellfounded though, SD's are game breakers, but hey, he's a senile old coot and she's lovable, so its all okay... :sly:

Hmmm... make Steve decide how his Simself should be punished, okay? :bullwhip:

Agnes Crytalbotham, hmmm... didn't I see her somewhere before? Or was that a distant cousin?...

Can't wait for the urban creep!! :party2:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”