The Pemberly OWBC [April 2, 2018]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

The Pemberly OWBC [April 2, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'm playing this as part of my BACC, but I decided to make a thread just for my updates so that I also have an easy spot to keep track of points and stuff.

Generation One: Darcy
1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 || Heir Poll

Generation Two: Ophelia
coming soon

Generation Two Spare: Beatrice
1 | 2

Attempted Challenges
Spoiler:
BONUSES
- For finishing the challenge and posting it to the exchange/your blog/a thread/etc. (3 Points)

Base Game
- For obtaining an alien through a legit abduction. (3 Points)
- For going one whole generation, from birth to birth, without getting ANY promotions. (3 Points)
- For having a gnome to guard your flamingos and having your Sims always go to fetch it back. He must be accessible to be stolen, you may not have a sentry bot guard him. Watch for it and don't lose that gnome! (3 Points) LOST OPPORTUNITY

Open for Business
- Build a robot army worthy of BoolProp. Every heir and spouse, starting with the founder and ending with the second generation heir, must have a gold talent badge in Robotics. (3 Points, 1 Point for each heir/ess couple)
- For running a business from the founding through to the end of the challenge. Business must be started by founder sometime before their death. (3 Points)
- For creating a servo. (3 Points)

Apartment Life
- Must have a Mysterious Bookcase that leads into a Mysterious Place, you must build it yourself. Be creative! Need to see pictures of this room or hallway or passageway. (3 Points)
- Have a spare with spouse live in apartment and play them the same time as your founder’s family (equal time). Can have as many children you like, as long as one continues the line. (3 Points, 1 Point for each generation played)
- Obtain a Witch (3 Points)

MINI CHALLENGES
BoolProp Naming Scheme (10 Points)
Naming the first generation's three children names that start with B, O and O. The second generation's children would be given names that start with L, P and R. The third generation's children would be given names that start with O, P and C (for .com, of course!). However, for the third generation you can choose to have O, P and N instead of C (because we're .net now!). If twins are born they count as one letter, tough bananas! Name them both with the letter the one child would have been assigned and then you must have another child. So if I had my first generation heir have a boy that I named Larry, then a set of twins I would name them Peter and Paula, because they only count for one letter, I would then have to have them try for another baby to get a Rachel. Additional children born/adopted whether intentionally or accidentally are considered outside the naming scheme and can be named whatever you want.

Beyond Cheesy (10 Points)
[Any Expansion or Stuff Pack that gives your Sims inventories is required!] Your Sims may only ever, ever, ever eat grilled cheese. Since it requires two cooking skills and can only be served at lunch I suggest you plan accordingly. Stock up serving platters in your inventory, or if you have Seasons in the fridge. They may drink hot chocolate, or something from the juicer, etc. But if it's food it has to only be Grilled Cheese, anyone in the household eating anything else makes you lose this mini-challenge. Otherwise, morning, noon and night your Sims will eat, breathe and live the glory and wonder and majesty of grilled cheese. Whether they like it or not.

One sim, and only one, can eat the three dishes for Bon Voyage as long as that sim is on that vacation spot and can only eat it once to get the memento. After that, it's all cheese. So make sure you packed your cheese before you go on vacation. Your sim does not have to be a "grilled cheese" sim in this mini-challenge, but it would make it easier.

BoolProp Clubhouse (10 Points)
[Open for Business Expansion required!] Your founding generation must open up a community lot, BoolProp Clubhouse, and run it from then until the end of the challenge. The founder must do so sometime before their death. The Clubhouse must be a venue but can include a restaurant/gift shop/beauty parlors or whatever else if you like. It must reach Level 10 by the end of the challenge. Having plenty of Simselves be in the neighborhood to come by and party is a plus! How much you charge for it, or how you furnish it or run it is up to you. You cannot just let the lot sit though. The day after you get the pop up that you got 0 Simoleons from the business you must go back to run it again.

Matriarch aka Dor's Challenge (10 Points)
At Dor's request this has been added as an official mini-challenge! You must have your female founder and each of the heiress' get her three pregnancies from someone outside of the family. You may not marry the father (or mother) or move them in. The heir must be female if, through all male births or a bad heir poll, the heir is male you must have them either stargaze for a pregnancy or install Pregnancy for all Genders so that he can get pregnant. For full clarification of the rules of this mini-challenge please check out the original challenge's thread here. For the two rules that require a spouse, OFB's Robot Army Bonus and FT's Predestined Hobby Bonus, you may do the following: have a sibling of your choosing earn the gold talent badge, and reach level 10 in their predestined hobby along with your heiress. She needs back-up.

Family Scrapbook (10 Points)
Every member of the family must have either their picture taken, via photo booth, camera or printed in a family album, or their portrait painted or sketched with a draft table and hung somewhere about the house. You can choose the age or do multiple ages, take group shots or individual pictures, it's up to you. Your house must contain a picture of everyone that has ever lived in the house by the end of the challenge. Also, each generation, starting with the founder, must write one novel, to keep track of the family's memories. In total four novels must be written one by the founder and one by each of the three heirs (first gen, second gen, third gen).

Bug Me Not (10 Points)
[Free Time Required!] Each generation, starting from the birth of first generation, must have their very own Bug Nut. This Bug Nut can be a member of the bloodline, or a friend of the family. They must collect all 30 bugs and hang their collection on the wall. So you will have three Buggy Bug collections by the end of the challenge. Bugs bug them not.
Addendum: There is one butterfly that it is impossible to collect due to a bug in the buggy bug hunting coding. If you have collected 29 bugs and don't have that butterfly consider the collection finished. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

MOAR ALIENS aka Bitsy's Challenge (10 Points)
Every generation, starting from the birth of first generation, you must have an abduction result in an alien child. Any fertile male Sim may be abducted as part of this challenge as long as they give birth to the alien child in the household afterwards. If an heir is abducted their pregnancy may be considered one of the three mandatory pregnancies, and the child may be included in the BoolProp Naming Scheme and may be up for heirship. If you manage all three alien children for all three generations you win this challenge. Stargaze early, often and hard! You may have other abductions that do not result in alien children but only the ones that give you MOAR ALIENS count for this mini-challenge.

Witchy Good Time (10 Points)
Every generation must be a witch. Yeah, didn’t see that one coming, did you? One must be a Good Witch, one an Evil Witch, and one a Neutral Witch. When you have your Evil Witch, she must raise a zombie per spell. To do that, she must be high enough in evil magic. Her black bar must be peaked. Then you click on the tombstone you want resurrected. It will do the rest.

Bonuses: 15
Mini-challenges: 0
TOTAL: 15
Last edited by simsterlyrock on April 2nd, 2018, 9:20 am, edited 11 times in total.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [December 10, 2017]

Post by simsterlyrock »

I've had this update posted for a week-ish but just forgot to link to it. So here you go!

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [December 26, 2017]

Post by simsterlyrock »

New update today!

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [January 9, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

I've got a new update! It will technically be done posting at 8AM PST, but I'll be at work and the last two pictures aren't super important so if you miss them, you'll be okay!

I've also got an heir poll going since I'll need your help choosing who should take over next generation! It goes until Friday at noon PST. Vote as often as you want for your favorite!
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [February 4, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

New update! This actually posted a while ago and I just forgot to update this thread.

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [February 16, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

I've got the first update for Beatrice posted! Since this is part of my BACC, all the spares will end up being played and I'll post their updates on here like I do with the main family.

ii.1
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [March 27, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

New update!

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Pemberly OWBC [April 2, 2018]

Post by simsterlyrock »

I have another update today! This one is Beatrice's second update.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”