Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 12/25/2020

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 11/26/17

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just read STarr and Winter, Week 6, and I liked them both, right until the screen went all white. On both of them. So weird.

Anyway, it looked like both families were coming along quite nicely.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I don't know what's going on with Slideshare. I haven't had any problems. But I'm think of switching to Authorstream to see if it's just Slideshare.

If you get a chance would you see if my new story Veda is doing the same thing? The link is in my siggy.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Added six new challenges to the list. Updates coming soon :D!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I re-read some of these chapters (it's been so long, I thought I was behind, for some reason), and I just have to say, you might want to re-think doing one semester per week, when you send your sims to university. Because that will add up to EIGHT WEEKS of playtime! Meaning anyone who goes to college winds up staying there for almost an entire sim lifespan! Meaning, also, that you'll have an extremely unbalanced neighborhood, and possibly have heirs starting over on new lots, as their parents die of old age while they're still sophomores, and their nieces and nephews growing up and joining them at college in their junior years.

Personally, I'm using 2 years of college per week of regular sim life.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't miss anything, but I am glad to read you plan to update again soon!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm doing two years per week. Week 5 was a little wonky cause Delilah was the only one going. I could've made her go through four semesters, but then she would be so far ahead of her siblings. There will four uni rotations each week in the future.

Thanks for reading!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 06/10/18

Post by Pony »

Update!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Pony wrote:I'm doing two years per week. Week 5 was a little wonky cause Delilah was the only one going. I could've made her go through four semesters, but then she would be so far ahead of her siblings. There will four uni rotations each week in the future.

Thanks for reading!
Oh, that makes sense! Great!

So, I'm catching up on this, and on Veda. So far, the SlideShare has worked. I'll let you know more when I've finished.

Yay! An update!

Spoiler:
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAAASA! ANNA! How could you attempt puppynapping?! Thank goodness you failed! Good Angel! Way to live up to your name!

'Kaylynn decided to hang out with Tiramisu while her parents were being gross." It's only gross when adults do it, huh?
Lovely updates! So good! Also, have I told you how much I admire your building skills? I also love your Silver Bend tradition of Reno Saturday and Family Sunday. Even if someone is working on Sunday, if there is anyone home that day, there's a visit. LOVE it.

So, Silver Bend slides are working for me. HOORAY! I'm off to read Veda now, and I'll let you know about those slides!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Anna doesn't even like dogs either lol. She never let her girls get a dog when they were young. I guess Angel just won her over lol.

It's very gross when your parents love each other :lol: Especially when they proclaim it in front of you.
Thank Boolprop the slides are working. I was at my wit's end. I really like it when the whole neighborhood knows each other. I shamelessly stole the Family Sunday idea from Raebeth lol. And Reno Day is just fun, and forces me to save the family's money in order to make one set of big changes.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Oh hooray an update
Spoiler:
All those puppies did grow up cute. I found Ranger particularly adorable.
Quiet houses are always a nice change of pace yes.
Good for you trying that 20 pet friends want. I commend you.
Ah college...in sims 2. *shudder* good luck with that.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Thanks, I love the puppies. I don't know how successful I'll be with the want. But i'm taking a stab at it.
I feel like once college starts in a BACC the feeling of doom for me lol. I'm going to try to keep the households small so I can power through them. The most recent rotation wasn't too bad. I just hope I can survive when the Nott kids go.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Trying to control that population explosion is tough yeah.
Even on a fast computer like I have now a single rotation through the whole hood really starts to take a while as you go through these challenges.
And sometimes that does get to be a bit of a bore challenge in and of itself. Or at least for me anyway, cause I'm like but I wanna go back and play such and suchs house again...it feels like i've been gone from them FOREVER.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I know especially the bigger the town gets. There's a few houses i wish I could stay at forever, but the rotation must go on!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Yes! It's so hard when you just want so much to see what happens on Monday in household A, dangit! But you have to play through the week on households B-G, before you get around to A, again, hoping you haven't forgotten where you were, and what that cliffhanger was, and what your plans were, and also hoping that your plans won't have been destroyed by something that happened autonomously by A people visiting B-G people, and yeah. Rotational style is TOUGH, especially if you're used to single-household challenges, like legacies or apocalypses.

On the other hand, it does force you to take a break from this rules set or that rules set, if you're doing multiple challenges. On the third hand, because clearly I'm an alien with oodles of limbs, that makes it harder to keep track of the different rules sets, and you are more prone to make mistakes. On the fourth hand, variety is the spice of life, and on the fifth hand, the extra challenge of juggling more than one challenge at a time just makes the success that much more WOW!

So, you know, rotation-style play has its pros and cons.

BTW, I always liked University in Sims 2. I don't get the Uni-hatred that many people have, or the love of the shortened semester mods, but I also realize that personal preference is personal, and players can do what they like in their own games.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I think the various rule sets are giving me the most hiccups. I'm constantly checking and double checking. I'm pretty sure my scoring for the whole thing is off. But I'm planning to next it at the end of the rotation.

I'm slowly warming up to uni, but I think I spend too much time forcing sims to study or spouse. I miss giving them chances to have fun and let loose. I don't think I've even had a sim get into the secret society.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Not having enough time to do the other stuff that University has to offer is why I don't like the semester shortening mods. Sure, it's possible to graduate suma cum laude with 1-day semesters, but you have no time to actually *experience* college that way. There is a LOT of stuff in that expansion! Not to mention just life in general.

And as much as I love the Downtown Time Warp, I also like that you can explore the campus, while the clock is still running. For those people who want to just *get on with it, already!* but also want to do some exploration, that is really nice. It's the same way that vacations work. You leave your hotel, and explore, and the clock is still running.

I love all the expansion sets to Sims 2, actually. And I particularly love combining them (sending my college students downtown, and on vacations, and to the magic lots, and the hobby lots, and... They can't have their own pets, but they can play with pets downtown (with the mod that fixes the "patch" that broke that in the game, because originally pets WERE allowed downtown, but they "fixed" the game with a patch that took that functionality away, and don't EVEN get me started on primping and that debacle! And where was I? Oh, yeah! LOVE Sims. Hate EA.

Anyway, here's to exploring what University has to offer! With multiple college households, you certainly have the opportunity. You can experience dorm life, Greek life, plain and unaffiliated in a house life, even challenge life, if you want to. Stick a tent on an empty lot, and watch the college students make it through. It's totally do-able at college, because they can fulfill their needs, skill up, have fun, elsewhere, and just go home to crash in the tent. Heck, make it a Greek House with 1 wall (for the obligator letter), and they can sleep on the ground! Because sleeping on the ground is a thing in Greek houses? Anyway, choose your favorite thing, and have fun! Hmmm, the old "Ethiopian Challenge" might actually work at Uni. I don't know. I've only tried (and failed, miserably) back in Base Game.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Well on my old computer in particular taking my sims anywhere was such a pain in the neck, so they were glued to writing term papers, studying,life in the dorms. Therefore college took FOREVER.
Even on the new computer where i know it would be faster, I'm like eh do I really want to walk to a lot....yeah my sims like never get out because I'm too darn lazy to take them anywhere. At least my sims can go on vacations more often now, though I still never take them on dates/outings.
Yeah my sims get to have no fun at all...:lol: I'm so mean. Guess it's just the homebody part of me? Not sure.
It's so weird how much I like throwing parties in Sims 3...I like NEVER throw parties in sims 2..probably because without a teleporter you only have 2 guests..that's hardly a party....and again lagggggggg with old computer.
And agreed about remembering what the heck you did last time in a house. I always have to go back and re-read previous rotation chapters to remind myself what was going on so I don't get totally lost especially with certain "boring" houses.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I have to re-read from the beginning, practically every time I switch, unless I do 2 houses in a row in a very short period of time.

I had that "2 sims limit" too. I think it was based on CPU speed, so if your computer lagged, the game limited it. With a faster computer, you could invite more people. But then, there's a mod to allow you to invite 256 sims, at once, regardless of computer speed, so...

Yeah, glad to see you have a new computer!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

My computer throws a fit when I first load of the sims. But after that it settles down thankfully. I still can't have whole neighborhood block parties, but I can get things done.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 06/21/18

Post by Pony »

Update!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: Silver Bend: A Simself BACC UD 06/21/18

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Lots and Lots of kids. LOL
I think Kaylnn is super pretty. I love her yellow outfit.
I can never keep all those Pokemon kids names straight and matched to a face. Oh well.
Ah the kitchen fires of dorm life. Fun times.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”